Curtis Wallis Wedding Photography Reviews

28 Reviews for Curtis Wallis Wedding Photography

• Chloe

Chloe · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Photographer Ever!

Curtis was absolutely the most amazing photographer we could have ever hoped for! From the moment we started to talk with Curtis, I knew he would be perfect. His attention to detail and his ability to capture moments and make them look exactly how it felt is astounding. For our engagement photos, he was kind enough to come down to Cincinnati to our family lake house. His pictures were beyond words. I remember he was frequently looking at the sun's angle and choosing the perfect places so we had beautiful lighting. At our wedding, he made sure to get every shot we wanted. I remember asking him if he'd gotten pictures of the centerpieces or of our grandparents and he'd reply that he'd already gotten them. He was so on top of everything! My Maid of Honor even leaned over and told me "I've been in a lot of weddings, but he is the best photographer I've ever seen!" He even kept us on task and moving along to the next part of the day. I also just love his style. His photos are so genuine and they capture the day and the couple. He doesn't have corny, forced pictures at all. Our wedding photos are the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. They truly bring our wedding day back to life every time I look at them. He even caught moments I missed...like my father crying in the corner. I cannot thank Curtis enough! He was helpful throughout the entire process, answered every ridiculous question I had, and was kind through it all. I'd absolutely recommend Curtis! He is the best photographer you will find!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

There are not enough words to describe how fantastic and professional Curtis was from our first meeting to the weeks following our wedding. From the moment my husband and I met Curtis we knew that we wanted him to capture our wedding day. His style immediately caught our attention, especially his black and white photos, and when we left our first meeting my husband looked at me and said, "I want him to take pictures on our wedding day, book him before someone else does.", and we are so happy we did!
    We first worked with Curtis during our engagement session, and he made us feel so comfortable. Neither my husband or I enjoy getting our photos taken, but Curtis was patient with us during the session and made us feel relaxed. The photos turned our absolutely beautiful, and we enjoyed sharing them with our family and friends.
    On our wedding day Curtis was outstanding. He spent the morning with me and my bridesmaids traveling from the salon, were we got our hair done, to my home where we finished getting ready, to the venue for the ceremony and reception. One of his assistants went to the hotel to capture moments of my husband and the groomsmen getting ready. He was constantly checking in with us throughout the day to make sure he was capturing the photos we wanted. We had so many complements from our family and friends on how wonderful he was throughout the night, and we could not agree more.
    Our wedding photos far surpassed all of our expectations. Curtis captured so much emotion, love and fun from our day that we will cherish forever. We have enjoyed sharing the photos with our family and friends, and can't wait to create our album.
    Thank you Curtis and your team for helping capture the store of our wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2017
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 09/03/2017

Curtis was absolutely fantastic! He and his assistant spent the whole day with us, as he feels it's better to spend the day with the couple rather than nickel and dime us for specific hours, which took a lot of stress off of us! He was professional and fun and we were so thankful that we were able to work with him. The actual images are FANTASTIC! He captured the story of our day beautifully and we couldn't be happier with the result. You can tell that he truly loves and takes pride in his craft. Thank you, Curtis!!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Bridget · Married on 06/04/2016

Amazing photos. Professional in every sense of the definition. My husband has been in weddings where the photographer made them do cheesy, unnatural things, and it didn't go over well (especially with the guys, haha). So we wanted a photographer who worked to capture the days' beauty and moments without forcing it. I already knew I loved Curtis Wallis' photos after viewing them online, but after meeting him in person, we knew that his style and approach to a wedding was exactly what we wanted. On our wedding day, he exceeded our expectations. He worked hard to get every shot we asked for. The fact that he doesn't restrict the number of hours of coverage on the wedding day shows you how committed he is to capturing your day and story. I recommend taking advantage of the engagement session that comes with the package. It helped us learn how to work with a photographer and get a glimpse of what the wedding day will be like (we are by no means models and are incredibly awkward getting our picture taken!). We were so pleased with the engagement photos, we used them for our save the dates and got so many complements. As for our wedding photos themselves: they are more beautiful than what I ever expected them to be. Curtis Wallis captured so much emotion and happiness from that day. Finally, the turnaround time on getting the photos back to us digitally was very fast. I was so pleasantly surprised at how quickly our photos were ready. Curtis Wallis was the first vendor we booked after our venue, and I'm so glad we did. I'd advise to book soon because his wedding slots fill up quickly!

Sent on 06/23/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/11/2015

Our experience with Curtis Wallis Wedding Photography was absolutely incredible! He was responsive right away when we first inquired about our services and met with us immediately, prepared to answer any and all questions, and with samples of his work. This was the very first component of our wedding that we booked because it was so important to us that this day be captured as best as possible so we can relive it over and over again. Our complimentary engagement session was wonderful, we loved all of the photos and our friends and family were in awe! We had a hard time choosing just a few to put on display! Curtis was very flexible with our inexperience, neither of us were sure what we were looking for in terms of engagement photos but he did such an amazing job capturing multiple styles we were in love with all of them! Even though it took us forever to find a church, Curtis was patient until we knew more details and was very professional even though we did not have final details until a few days before the wedding. The fact that he had no time limit in terms of hours of service really put our minds at ease, of course the entire day is important to us, but we know there are limitations on how much can be done in one day. Without us having to ask, Curtis set up having an extra photographer at the church to take pictures of the bridesmaids getting ready while he came to the salon where my mother, sister and I were getting ready- I hadn't expected him to be there as his day was already going to be long with our late ceremony and reception. I was of course pleasantly surprised when he emailed me to ask about what I wanted from him during that time, and I know he was able to capture special moments between me and my mom and sister that would have otherwise gone undocumented. He made us feel so comfortable, and we cannot wait to see the results! Even just out of college, we were able to afford a top quality photographer. We recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

I cannot recommend Curtis enough! He was terrific, and while we don't have all of our wedding photos back yet (wedding was only a few weeks ago), the previews that we have seen look amazing. I planned our wedding long-distance from Louisiana, so I talked to a lot of photographers on the phone. When I talked to Curtis I told him our budget and he gave us the best package for the price--all day coverage and a disc of edited images, which is all I wanted. (As opposed to most other photogs, which will do like a max of 8 hours of coverage.)

Every time I called Curt with a question he answered the phone, so great communication. He did a complimentary engagement session with us which also turned out great. On the day of the wedding we had a change in plans. Curt was supposed to come to the hotel to take photos of us getting ready, but we decided to get ready at the venue instead, and he was very flexible with the change in plans. I loved that he did the photo updates on Instagram during the wedding; everyone loved seeing the sneak peeks. We can't wait to see the rest of our photos!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Shawn · Married on 10/11/2014

Curtis was wonderful. We enjoyed working with him at our engagement session which put us at ease and comfortable with the camera before the big day. Our wedding day experience with Curt was fantastic. He was professional and fun. He took all the stress out of the day and we just enjoyed the day. And the pictures are phenomenal!

Sent on 02/18/2015

monique · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I chose Curtis as our photographer for our wedding day and we couldn't be happier! I cannot stop looking at our wedding pictures. I can honestly say that I can look through them and relive the entire day! He captured all of the little details and things we didn't even notice that day. He was very organized and pictures went so smoothly. We even had groomsmen commenting on how great he was that day, which says a lot becuase guys don't usually care too much for picture time. I would strongly recommend Curtis to anyone looking for a photographer. His prices are unbeatable and his work is over the top!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Andrew · Married on 09/13/2014

It was such an awesome experience to have Curtis as our photographer for our wedding. He and his assistant were able to capture such wonderful moments that my wife and I will be able to look back on and remember for a life time. Curtis is such a professional when it comes to his work/career. Not only does he have his own ideas for what he thinks will look good, he also takes into consideration, any ideas that you might have. He is a great listener when it comes to talking about ideas. He loves hearing the thoughts, concepts, and ideas that you have, and loves bringing that out and to the table. Curtis is very easy going and knows how to make people feel "right at home." Thank you Curtis so much for the timeless memories you have given Darcie and I!!!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Jenny · Married on 05/31/2014

Curt is not only professional, he makes you feel comfortable. I don't normally like having my picture taken. He gave suggestions as well as listened. He knows when to catch those right moments, is well prepared and takes fantastic pictures. It was nice to have one less thing to worry about on our special day. His photography reflected the way I felt about the entire day "beautiful"!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Judy · Married on 05/31/2014

We couldn’t be more pleased with this photographer. In addition to taking traditional wedding photos he also managed to capture our family’s unique personality. He made the entire experience fun and was a pleasure to work with. We had numerous people comment on his professionalism, but the greatest compliment came from the minister. She commented that she had never encountered a photographer that was as pleasant and courteous as Curt. Because of this he was allowed to take pictures during the ceremony that other photographers would not have been able to obtain. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire him again or to recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 06/15/2014

Becky · Married on 04/05/2014

I am so glad that we worked with Curtis for our wedding and engagement pictures! Our pictures are amazing and he was so easy to work with. The quality of images and Curt's flexibility made him stand out among the other photographers we were considering. He was with us throughout our entire wedding day, constantly working to get just the right shot. I love that his wedding packages aren't limited by a set number of hours; he makes sure that he is there to get every picture you want, and many more, without an hourly time constraint! He also was super flexible and happily rescheduled our engagement pictures when my fiance ended up getting sick the day before our scheduled shoot. We would definitely recommend Curt to any of our friends and family. Check out his website and you will quickly see that his work speaks for itself! Curtis offers amazing pictures and a stress-free photography experience for an incredible value!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Megan · Married on 02/22/2014

Curtis did an amazing job with our wedding!!! He was super patient with the Bridesmaids and I (as it was very cold that day) and got us back inside very quickly. I barely noticed him while he was taking pictures but I know he was there, which is nice. He was very professional in all of our meetings and super organized. He was always very prompt in returning my emails and was very friendly! The pictures I have seen so far have taken my breath away (we have gotten SO many compliments) and I cannot begin to express how thrilled I am with his work.. It is one thing for him to be a joy to work with, but it is just a whole different level when he brings these memories to life with fantastic clarity, movement, and color in a way that no one else would have been able to. I will have these to hold onto for the rest of my life and I am so thankful for that.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Deb · Married on 11/29/2013

Curtis is very creative in the types of shots he takes and how he uses the location to create unusual and memorable pictures. Our event was a 30th year vow renewal ceremony and he made us feel like we were young again! We highly recommend him for whatever event you need a photographer.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Curtis made my memories from my big day beautiful in all the moments he captured,everything was done effective on time and very professional and Curtis himself is very nice to deal with and speak to I am grateful for all the beautiful pictures he took of my October wedding and was able to capture great shots regardless of the storm outside thank you Curtis 100x recommend him!!!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Mary Ann · Married on 10/19/2013

We have used Curtis Wallis for both our daughters weddings and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! He was great from day one in helping us decide on the package that was right for us, and discussing the pictures that were important to the bride and groom. He has a variety of albums to choose from and flexible pricing in his packages to fit many budgets. He brings professionalism and a sense of calm to your wedding, never making anyone feel rushed while capturing truly beautiful moments and fun candids to help you remember your special day. You can count on Curtis to give you his full attention from start to finish! The end products are works of art!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Curt did a phenomenal job - made the day perfect. Everything ran smoothly and on time. My pictures are beautiful, such creativity! He captured every moment of our special day.

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • Karol

Karol · Married on 08/10/2013

My wedding was this past August and my husband and I could not be happier with the photography services we received from Curt! From beginning to end (and even after when working on our album), Curt was professional, quick to respond, and extremely flexible both on the day of the wedding and meeting prior to the wedding day. His work truly speaks for itself.

Curt did such a great job and captured our engagement session and wedding day beautifully! There were even some shots my husband and I mentioned wanting but with how busy the wedding day was we would have forgotten. If it wasn't for Curt reminding us we would not have some of our amazing sunset shots among many others! It really put my mind at ease to know someone had our back and remembered all the little "extras" we had mentioned wanting before the big day.

Curt did such a spectacular job that we had guests and even other vendors commenting on what an amazing job he did. His hard work was evident to us and his commitment and effort truly shows in his work.

I would recommend Curtis Wallis to anyone looking for a photographer. As for many planning their wedding our photographer was one of our most important vendors and we are so glad we had the opportunity to work with Curt!!!

Sent on 05/21/2014

Tes · Married on 08/03/2013

Curtis is an excellent photographer. We had a two day wedding in which Curt executed perfectly. We like to think of Curt as our friends b/c he truly went above and beyond for us. He was very professional, understanding (the wedding was chaotic - we had over 500 guests for the first day and about 200 guest for the second day), extremely flexible and polite. He knew exactly what to do - a true leader behind the camera. The quality of the photos were Jaw dropping AMAZING. He captured all the memorable moments. What's special about Curt is that he captures the small details of the wedding that are most often over looked and his style is one of kind. We show our photo album to everyone who comes to visit...lol. We love Curt and we would recommend his services to our friends and family. Curt is a great photographer and an incredible person:)

Signed - Micky, Tes and Abigail.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Julia · Married on 07/27/2013

Curtis flew all the way from Columbus, OH to Calgary Alberta (Canada) last July for my wedding. Curtis had done photos for my family in the past when we lived in Ohio and I couldn't think of anyone better to capture our special day. I was so unbelievably happy when Curtis agreed to make the long flight and spend the time here. Words can't even begin to describe how pleased we are with the pictures. He definitely went above and beyond what a lot of photographers do and being a day you can't repeat, I am glad we can look back at our pictures that captured our day so perfectly! Thank you Curtis from the bottom of our hearts! Thomas and Julia

Sent on 06/07/2014

Heather · Married on 06/01/2013

Exceptional photographer, our pictures turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Very experienced photographer and very reasonably priced. Other photographers with comparable skills & experience priced out at thousands more than Curtis. Curtis was also very easy to work with and did things exactly as we wanted. He was also very helpful in helping us figure out the timing of how to get all of the photographs done that we wanted while not making our guests wait forever for us to start the reception. I would highly recommend Curtis for your wedding day.

Sent on 08/23/2013

Nikki · Married on 05/15/2011

Curt was great to work with and did an outstanding job. We are so happy with his work and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/15/2014

christine · Married on 07/06/2013

Having good wedding pictures was one of the most important things to me when planning our wedding and Curtis was fantastic! His packages included an engagement session and all day photography which was huge. Many photographers we saw charged for 5 or 6 hours and more was extra, but Curtis was with us from 9:30 am to almost 10 pm! He is easy to work with and many guest complimented how professional he was. He showed us shots from time to time throughout the day and we are thrilled with the few we saw. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer!

Sent on 07/18/2013

Karissa · Married on 06/30/2012

Photography was the very first vendor I looked for because it was the most important to me. Unfortunately I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a photographer, and my laundry list of wants (all day photography, engagement session, included wedding book, not just a CD) wasn't helping my cost fears. What I stumbled upon was gold. From the first time I met Curtis I knew he was the only photographer we would be meeting with, and not just because all my wants were included in his price! His work is beyond fantastic. Not only does he take great shots, (a good trendy journalistic style, but still classic) but he also includes the classic wedding shots. He's one of those photographers that really stays out of the way, but is able to capture the small details that really make your wedding day special. He jokes with your friends, family, and really makes you feel comfortable to be around. Highly Highly recommend, do not look anywhere else!! We have had raving reviews about our pictures, and could not be more happy with the end product!

Sent on 05/14/2014