Curtis Myers Wedding Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Elise
    Elise W. Married on 10/08/2021

Curtis is a great photographer and very easy to work with!

We hired Curtis in Summer 2019 (pre-Covid) for our Summer 2020 wedding. We used him for both our engagement photo shoot as well as what ended up being our backyard wedding in summer 2020 - we couldn’t be happier that we found him! When COVID-19 hit, and we had to adjust our plans for this year and scale down the wedding, Curtis was really easy to work with to make adjustments. At the time, wedding planning was extremely stressful, and we were super thankful to have Curtis as our photographer. He was kind, considerate, and provided us absolutely beautiful, timeless photos of our wedding day. On top of everything, he got us our photos very soon after the wedding (much sooner than I expected). He is worth every penny!! We will be using him again next year at our big celebration and are looking forward to working with him again!
  • Natalie
    Natalie B. Married on 06/19/2021

Absolutely Amazing

Anyone looking for a photographer to seize the essence of the moment should have Curtis Myers as their wedding photographer. Curtis captured the emotion and ambiance of our wedding perfectly. His candid style of pausing a moment in time is what will allow my husband and I relive our wedding day for all the years to come. Not only were we exceptionally pleased with the outcome of the photos, Curtis's presence at our wedding was perfect. He is a behind the scenes photographer, which made me, my family and friends feel comfortable and at ease.

Perri K. Married on 01/26/2020

Talented and Wonderful Photographer

Curtis is a truly talented individual and fantastic photographer. He's also a wonderful person and I loved - LOVED - working with him. He has a truly natural style that brings out the best in people. He is able to get right in the action with his camera and take personal up-close shots. I felt like the vibe I was going for during the wedding was captured by him in a real and authentic way. He is a professional, through and through. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He was one of the greatest people I've ever worked with at an event. I am so grateful to him for capturing this important day.
    L & Married on 10/19/2019

Curtis was amazing!

Curtis did such a wonderful job with our wedding and reception! Our photos are gorgeous, and Curtis did such a wonderful job blending in an not being the annoying photographer. We would definitely use Curtis again!

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    I loved meeting your family and friends. You have such a great community of love around you.
  • Gregory
    Gregory H. Married on 07/12/2019

Highly professional, great to work with!

Curtis shot our small, family-only wedding in San Rafael in December 2019 and he met with us at the venue a few days before to plan the photography locations and he helped us brainstorm how to best utilize the limited space at the venue. He showed up promptly on the day-of and captured all angles of our ceremony and the events following. We're very satisfied with the quality of both the candid and staged photographs and Curtis was amazingly quick at giving us the finished product just days after the wedding! My wife and I highly recommend Curtis!
  • W
    Wendy M. Married on 05/18/2019

May 18th, 2019 - San Gregorio

Curtis and his assistant captured our magical (and rainy) day, exquisitely! Not only were their images stunning, but Curtis was so stealth-like that we were surprised and delighted by priceless candid shots that we had no idea he captured. Curtis did all this with grace, flexibility, a sense of adventure – and dripping wet!

We recommend Curtis wholeheartedly.

- W&H
  • Erik
    Erik W. Married on 02/19/2019

Best of the Best!

I think having amazing reviews and a high rating is a testimate in in its own to the quality and service Curtis Myers brings to the photography table.

I've been a fan of his work for years and when I got married I knew immediately that I wanted Curtis to shoot the wedding. His style is exactly what I love in photography. The candids are perfect, the portaits were stunning and gives Annie Lebowkitz a run for her money.

In summation, quality work, great guy to work with, done enough weddings to give good advice, and he should definitely be the one to shoot your wedding.
    Hana Married on 10/13/2018

Great photographer, highly recommend!

We are so thrilled we booked Curtis for our wedding! He was a joy to work with, our guests who interacted with him had only nice things to say, and the photos came out beautifully! Would hire him again in a heartbeat.
    Megan Married on 08/18/2018
    We absolutely loved working with Curtis! He has a great eye, and was able to capture the emotions of our wedding day skillfully. He put our guests at ease, and gave us beautiful photos we'll treasure for a lifetime. I highly recommend him and his work!
    Meghan Married on 03/24/2018
    Working with Curtis Myers was a wonderful experience and our pictures are absolutely stunning. My husband and I chose to have a small wedding. We wanted to have wonderful pictures, but we did not want to spend a long time taking the pictures. We wanted to spend most of the time with our guests. Curtis really listened to what we wanted and it took less than 30 minutes to take the portrait shots. I have to say that Curtis's candid shots are really my favorite. You can almost feel the emotion of the moment in each shot. The portraits are absolutely beautiful and will make wonderful wedding thank you gifts. The pictures of the venue were absolutely stunning and really captured the beauty that the vineyard had to offer. Our pictures were ready to view as soon as we returned from our trip to Calistoga. We could not believe it! I highly recommend Curtis Myers as a photographer for a wedding. He is reliable, easy to work with, and the pictures that you receive will have a unique style and will be absolutely stunning. Thank you Curtis!!
    Joel Married on 01/14/2018
    Curtis was phenomenal, everything we imagined and more. I looked through hundreds of photographers before choosing Curtis, thinking his work was the best I'd seen. I was absolutely right: the photos of our wedding were stunning. He captured all the big moments we most remember, and many small surprises that we didn't notice ourselves. Best of all, he was a pleasure to work with: Responsive to our needs, helpful in the lead-up to the wedding, and an easygoing and calming presence during the weekend. I cannot recommend Curtis highly enough to anyone looking to create lasting memories.
    Adam Married on 12/29/2017
    We're so thrilled we chose Curtis to be our wedding photographer. in addition to all of the things you want in a photographer (great photos, responsiveness, reasonable prices, etc.) he was so professional but so chill throughout the whole process. Our whole family loved him, too, which was great because we didn't feel like we needed to manage him. He just knew what to do. On top of that, he took so many beautiful photos it was nearly impossible for us to pick our favorites. His photos aren't the typical boring, posed wedding photos. They captured the way we feel about each other, which is exactly what we wanted. We absolutely recommend booking Curtis for your wedding, or for any other special occasion. He's a true pro.
    Kathleen Married on 12/29/2017
    Curtis was great to work with. He helped us navigate City Hall, and was friendly and professional. I would strongly recommend him to anyone, and would absolutely use his services again in the future.
    Megan Married on 09/09/2017
    This is long overdue! Our wedding day was captured beautifully thanks to Curtis. My husband absolutely hates taking photos and Curtis made the whole process easy. The photos were so natural. I was so happy when I seen the final product! Thanks so much Curtis.

Curtis Myers Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much. I loved photographing your wedding! :)
    Emily Married on 06/30/2017
    6 Stars for Curtis Meyers Wedding Photography!
    I’m the mother of the groom, and the wedding was spectacular!  Off the charts amazing.  I cry every time I rewatch the photo montage that Curtis made for us.  It has a soundtrack!  The wedding was in Quito, Ecuador, and Curtis agreed to travel with us.  Actually he was totally game for the adventure.  This even gave us the opportunity to get photos from the days before and after the wedding too.  Curtis is the kind of person who always makes the room feel good.  He is somehow able to "fit in and blend" with the fabric of the event and capture beautiful candid shots in addition to the formal photos.  Combining his incredible professionalism, his ability to “go with the flow” when surprises arise (and there were a few!), his magic with light and technical abilities as a photographer all make him especially talented.  Curtis, you’re a great photographer, a fabulous person, and it was truly delightful and fun to get to share this incredible occasion with you.  Thank you so much.   Emily Wikman

Curtis Myers Wedding Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Emily. :)
    Michelle Married on 06/16/2017
    This is a review of Curtis Myers. Curtis was our photographer for our engagement shoot and our wedding. We got married at Leal Vineyards in Hollister on 6-16-17.

First of all, Curtis is extremely punctual, communicates clearly and responds to all questions promptly. Everything he says he will do, rest assured he will do them.

Curtis is unbelievably skilled with his camera. He has lightning quick reflexes to catch magical moments and he always seems to know where the best light will be.

More importantly, he is incredibly talented at keeping the bride and groom relaxed and having fun. When we needed him to take control, he did. But like he promised, he blended into the background at the wedding and you hardly knew he was there.

Several months prior to the wedding, he worked with us and our wedding coordinator to create the perfect schedule so that we could get the best pictures. He coordinated a list for both sides of the family and gave us great advice on how to take the family portraits in the least amount of time. All of those things went soooo smooth and we’ve bene to a lot of weddings where that getting people gathered to take photos to a long time!

I was extremely impressed with the quality of the photos and quantity of them. We will be cherishing the photos for a long time!

We absolutely recommend Curtis!
    Kevin Married on 10/10/2016
    Curtis was great to work with. I surprised my bride with a wedding which was rather out of the box. Curtis was in on the surprise from the beginning and very willing to help with setting up the surprise. I told my fiancé that we were doing engagement photos. With Curtis doing a more photojournalistic style he really captured the story of our engagement and the wedding. He made us a slideshow made to its own music which was so beautiful it even made my 12 year old daughter cry. I'd highly recommend working with him. Enjoy!
    Shay Married on 09/23/2016
    We absolutely loved our entire experience with Curtis -- all of the way from contracting to the hundreds of photos that beautifully document one of the best days of our entire lives. We really wanted someone that was laid back and had great sense of humor who could simply catalogue the day exactly as it unfolded -- true photojournalism. Weddings already have so many magical moments and we were hoping to walk away with photos that captured the organic joy and laughter that we knew would already be there, rather than collect a bunch of forced awkward family photos for a soon-to-be dusty old book. Curtis spent the vast majority of the day taking pictures as if he was a fly on the wall (for lack of a better analogy), literally just documenting everything that was already happening with plenty of smiles on its own, and he took some of the best pictures of our family we have ever had. But when it was time for some classic posed shots and portraits, he kept it brief and continued to offer great expertise -- trying different settings and poses but really trusting his eye as far as what worked, and what didn't. He didn't perseverate on a shot if felt like we were uncomfortable or the lighting wasn't quite right, he simply moved on to another shot. But the best part is that when we look through the photos now, we get to relive the day all over again because of how they are taken -- from the perspective of someone who was just there and just having a good time with everyone. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer!
    Kristin Married on 09/04/2016
    Curtis came extremely highly recommended by our friends. We loved that his style was more journalistic than your classic wedding photographer, and he clearly has a gift for capturing the emotion of the day on people's faces. Since Kristin is a bit camera-shy, we did an engagement shoot at our house and favorite restaurant to start. We loved the photos he took that day and felt even more confident about our wedding photographer selection.

On our wedding day, Curtis completely blew us away! He captured such beautiful photos of our friends and family- the emotion on their faces brings us right back to that day. We were married in our historic synagogue, and he was able to get beautiful architectural shots as well. We barely noticed him and his second photographer shooting during the ceremony, but the reception was a different story! We've heard from many friends and family that they were impressed with Curtis' presence on the dance floor. Somehow, he managed jump in and out of the dance floor and shoot at the same time. This resulted in some pretty epic dance party photos. The thing we loved most was that Curtis was able to take photos that felt so authentic and true to who we are. He shoots a wide range of weddings, and this seems to be one of his greatest gifts.

If you're looking for a calm and professional photographer with more of a photojournalistic style and creative/playful presence, we could not recommend Perfect Circle Photography more highly. We are in love with the photos and will cherish them in our home for many years to come.
    Kathryn Married on 08/20/2016
    My husband and I got married in Aug 2016, and working with Curtis was one of the easiest decisions we had to make as we planned our wedding. I was immediately drawn to his style of photography, which is more journalistic than posed. Off the bat, Curtis was extremely responsive via email (which is needed when you are coordinating many aspects of a wedding!), and when we Skyped with him to meet, we were drawn to his warm personality and passion for wedding photography. We decided to do an engagement shoot with Curtis as well, which only confirmed my decision to have him shoot our wedding. He was so easy to work with, and we felt totally comfortable in front of the camera (he also has some funny tricks to help you and your partner relax). He sort of lets you do your own thing and stands back to take photos,, so that has to be the style you are looking for (we were!). The photos came out fantastic and had just the feel that we loved so much about his work. Before our wedding day, we had a quick chat about timeline, and then Curtis and his assistant effortlessly floated around our wedding capturing the most important parts of the day, without getting in the way of the flow of events. His ability to capture real emotions on people's faces is incredible -- looking back at his photos remind you of how you felt that day, and what your guests felt too. Now, let's talk about turnaround. Curtis turns around your pictures SO fast! He sent us samples from our engagement shoot the next day, and our wedding photos barely a week later.

Over the course of our wedding planning and then wedding, I feel like Curtis became my friend, so now it's sad its all over :) Hire Curtis, you won't regret it!
    Sarah Married on 05/30/2015
    If I could go beyond 5 stars for Curtis Myers of Perfect Circle Photography, I absolutely would. I first worked with Curtis when he photographed me and my then-boyfriend in Paris, during a friend's wedding. Fast-forward a year and he was the first and only person who came to mind when we got engaged. I couldn't have imagined anyone else capturing the day. Gary and I aren't hams for the camera and we tend to get a little shy in front of the lens. Curtis immediately put us at ease. His flexibility is much appreciated, as even the most perfect wedding day has its schedule hiccups. I had been to several weddings where the photographer was a distracting presence...especially during the wedding ceremony. Curtis was the exact opposite. He becomes part of the fabric of the wedding day, folding into the nooks and crannies of every experience, capturing the moments that you don't realize are happening and the ones you know you don't want to miss. And of course, the end result is that we have pictures that represent the occasion beyond anything I could've imagined. Curtis's expertise is priceless and he is a must-have for any bride that values the memories of the day.
    Raymond Married on 03/14/2015
    We hired Curtis at Perfect Circle Photography to photograph our wedding in Napa Valley in March 2015. My wife and I had a very small ceremony so it meant that Curtis had less to work with so to speak (i.e., no guests, no bridesmaids, etc.). He did an absolutely fantastic job! He was exceptionally professional from the very start and even made the effort to Skype us twice before the event so he could get to know us (we live in Hong Kong and Curtis is based in California). The location of our wedding was Beringer Brothers winery in St Helena in Napa Valley. It is a beautiful location and Curtis captured that beauty in his shots. We were amazed with some of the photographs as he captured my wife and I in very natural poses. Those are my favourites because they are not forced in any way - just lovely shots of my wife and I who were oblivious to the fact that Curtis was taking those particular pictures. Overall, I would have no hesitation in recommending Curtis to any potential customers. I can honestly find no fault in anything that he provided and to top it all off, he is a super nice guy. Thanks again so much, Curtis!

You just made my week.
    Thank you both. It was an honor.

Curtis
    Marisol Event on: 01/16/2015
    We can’t say good enough things about Curtis and his work. We hired him two months ago to get some pictures taken for our Anniversary.
    We wanted the location to be outdoors, and he picked the perfect location and the perfect time for the shooting!! He was very creative and has great attention to every detail (great posing ideas, sunlight, shadow, etc!)
    He has an awesome eye for beauty and captured every single moment of it, he took beautiful natural pictures! On top of that, he is very relax and fun to work with. Zero stress!! ;)
    We highly recommend him! We would definitely hire him again.
    Absolutely Love his work and I'm sure you will love it too!
    Many Thanks Curtis!
    Marisol & William Nita
  • User2084914 Event on: 12/01/2014
    Curtis did a fabulous job on our photos! We received many compliments from friends and family. Curtis was patient and very professional. I would definitely recommend him to everyone!
  • User2085892 Event on: 11/07/2014
    Curtis is an amazing photographer! His sessions are not the regular "look at the photographer and smile", they are like an adventure and absolutely "not boring". You will end up with truly unique photos that will have your friends go "wow! what an amazing photo". His photos are not only unique and interesting, but also of the best quality. He will capture amazing depth, stunning colors (if not black &white ), fantastic lighting and those special moments between you and your love. I didn't know about Curtis when I got married. I wish I did. My wedding photos would have been much better. He is by far the best photographer I have ever had to deal with. I promise you, you will be absolutely thrilled when you see your photos. Thanks Curtis!