Crystal Springs Resort Reviews

Crystal Springs Resort 5
Crystal Springs Resort 6
Crystal Springs Resort 7

Karen · Married on 04/30/2017

Black Bear Golf Club was the ideal venue for the type of wedding we were looking for. It was perfect. Working with Julie, Silje and Linda made our wedding planning and execution seamless! Our guest were over the moon with the food and the service. The entire staff was professional and eager to meet all of our needs. I cannot say enough positive things about our overall experience with Crystal Springs.

Sent on 05/02/2017

Leah · Married on 09/09/2016

My wedding was a DREAM thanks to Sarah (our wedding coordinator), Jean (the Wedding Sales Manager - who we booked everything with), Jenna (Sarah's wonderful assistant) and Daniel (our Maitre D) at Crystal Springs Grand Cascades. Crystal Springs has all the ingredients to make an exceptional event. The breathtaking outdoor gardens are unmatched by anything else in New Jersey. Honestly, our photos look like we got married in Ireland or some far off countryside. The stunning indoor ballroom ended up being both our ceremony venue and the reception room due to an impending storm. As a bride, I was at first a little panicky that my indoor ceremony wasn't going to be as fabulous but to be honest - I preferred it in the end. We had guests who were cool in the air conditioning. The light was peaking in through the high ballroom windows, the candles were flickering. It was so ethereal and romantic for the ceremony. I couldn't be happier. The transformation over to reception floor plan while we were in cocktail hour was swift and efficient. Daniel was out Maitre'D and WOW - if you get married here, ask for him!!! All of these people really know what they're doing but Daniel seemed to go above and beyond for us. He asked us to be prepared to leave cocktail hour 20 minutes before it ended so we could preview the ballroom. It was perfect. Exactly how Sarah and I planned it. Then Daniel brought us to the Willow Springs wedding room which is conveniently close for the bridal party during all of the transitioning. He had prepared the most beautiful spread of hors d'heurves with dim lighting, candles and flowers. He said this is your moment to have something to eat and enjoy some alone time as newlyweds before the party begins. Honestly, I have nothing but good things to say about this venue. Book it - and you will have a beautiful wedding with delicious food and hardworking, friendly people at your side the entire time.

Sent on 10/30/2016
  • Z

Zach & Andrea · Married on 10/17/2015

We got married at Ballyowen and we thought it was the best location on the Crystal Springs property. The views were incredible and the reception room was unique. Silje and Julie were professional and prompt during the entire process and helped make our day memorable. Luis our maître d was attentive the whole night and helped keep us relaxed on our big day. Our only criticism for the venue was the transportation from Ballyowen back to the hotels (most of our guests stayed at Grand Cascades). We were told the shuttle would be able to accommodate the guests for our wedding making limited trips. Our guests were waiting outside for up to an hour after the wedding concluded waiting for the shuttle to return. We had a smaller shuttle when we heard there were larger shuttles to fit more people and make less trips. We were disappointed in the shuttle situation but we didn’t let it ruin our day. Overall, Ballyowen and Crystal Springs provided us with an amazing wedding experience and memories we will have forever. We would recommend the property to anyone looking for a wedding venue and we can’t wait to come back for a weekend stay.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Lisa · Married on 03/08/2014

The venue is stunning, the views at sunset and even during the day are spectacular. Our wedding coordinator Sarah was patient and very nice. On the day of the wedding Russell was attentive and on point with everything. Some of the nicest staff that we have worked with through the process. The only thing I was not a fan of is the mandatory 21% gratuity that I was not a fan of. I feel that each bride and groom should be able to add their own gratuity at their own digression. Besides that hiccup Crystal Springs is amazing!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Beautiful experience especially the time of year. Flowers & grounds, all people working for you & around you thoroughly helpful & pleasAnt.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Sandy · Married on 10/16/2016

My husband and I married at Ballyowen Golf Club on 10.16.16. We were blessed with gorgeous weather that day, and the venue itself is extraordinary. Between the views on the outside and the lovely decor on the inside, the venue is just AMAZING. Our Matre d' was Louis, he was AMAZING. Seriously, the guy just goes above and beyond at doing his job and you can tell he genuinely wants to make sure your day is perfect. There was also another woman working the floor, Genoveve - she was great as well, because my bustle kept coming undone and she would just come up to me while I was talking to people and fix it for me, she was so lovely! I had two wedding coordinators because the main one could not be there the day of - Silje and Jen. Up until the wedding Silje promptly answered all of my questions and made sure all of my worries were taken care of. Silje was AMAZING to work with, so easy to communicate with! Jen was there with us on the day of, and she was AMAZING too! Jen and Louis made sure everything ran smoothly so I would not have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day. The food was also AMAZING, everything was delicious and our guests loved everything. We went with the Platinum package because we had a small wedding and needed to meet their minimum food and beverage service revenue, but it was well worth it. I also chose their hair services through Crystal Springs, and the wedding spa coordinator, Stephanie - so professional, understanding and just a pleasure to work with. I had a few hiccups, and she took care of everything with grace and ease. Everyone's hair looked gorgeous, especially mine, I was so happy with their hair services! I have to say, so many people told us how much fun our wedding was, and I know a big part of that had to do with us, but I think it was also the venue and the way that the staff made our guests feel. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Crystal Springs Wedding Venues and related services. Thank you everyone!!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Steven · Married on 08/24/2013

We had our daughter's wedding at Black Bear Golf Club which is one of the Crystal Springs venues. The wedding was a smash. No one left early, the food was great, the facility looked stunning, and I would recommend these folks if you are looking to schedule an event in this area.

Sent on 04/16/2014

I got married on 9.10.11 at Ballyowen- which is a golf course that is part of Crystal Springs Resort. I was looking for a venue that wasn't your traditional marble floors and crystal chandeliers with a spectacular view. That is exactly what you get at Ballyowen. The venue has panoramic windows overlooking hills and mountains. The reception started at 6 so we were able to see the sunset as well. Peopleare still giving me compliments on location...even a year later! When I visited the venue with my MOH and BM I knew this was the place for me. They on the other hand, weren't so sure. The place is bare- you pretty much need to "dress" it up yourself. They couldn’t imagine it all decked out. But I could.. like I said before.. I didn't want the traditional marble floors.. etc. I wanted to make it my own. That’s exactly what I did! They definitely help you create your vision but you will have to think outside the box.Nicole was our event coordinator and she helped us book the venue and answered all of our questions up until the day of the wedding. Lori was our Maitre d' and she was very attentive and on point. I never had to go searching for her.. when i needed her she just happened to be right there.. always! At one point my train, which was hooked to my dress so I wouldn't step on it all night, fell apart. She must have noticed because two minutes later she was standing next to me with bobby pins helping me put it back up. The food was also very good. The only negative thing i can stay about it is that when we did out food tasting we thought the food was unbelievable and couldn't stop raving about it. The day of the wedding it wasn't as good as it was during the tasting. Don’t get me wrong.. it was still delicious but not as I had remembered. I think it's because for the wedding they are cooking in bulk vs. the tasting which is just one plate for you and your husband.
    My husband and I are planning on going back for our one yr anniversary.

Sent on 08/30/2012
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/15/2016

If I had to plan my wedding again, I would choose Crystal Springs Resort each time! Although I got off to a rocky start with the wedding sales manager, the wedding planner was amazing and made up for it! I feel like my wedding weekend was perfect due to all the small details the Sarah and the wedding team thought of. The venue was beautiful and perfect. I truly appreciated having the maitre'd ensuring we had alone time by showing us the reception room before anyone else went in there, and then giving us alone time in the bridal suite (with food set up for us) before the reception started. The attentiveness to detail is part of what made the day perfect. The hotel rooms were amazing, the front desk staff were amazing and responsive, and the concierge was also very good. Still, I will never be able to thank Sarah enough for everything she did for us, answering all of my questions, and helping to ensure the day was stress free. The venue was expensive, but worth every penny. I was a little disappointed there was not more flexibility when we didn't have as many guests as we contracted for (by throwing in extras to make up for the cost we were spending on the guests not in attendance). However, all of the service on the day made up for it!

Sent on 12/06/2016

4.2

We were married at Ballyowen Golf Club at Crystal Springs in May 2015. The scenery is breath taking as the rolling hills of the links golf course surround you. Our wedding coordinator could have been a bit more helpful with answering questions or accommodating us as we were from out of state. However, on the day of, our maitre'd was beyond helpful and I felt everything went smoothly because of him. The food was fantastic, however, the cake was not great. The cocktail hour was by far the best I've ever had, both food and scenery. We had perfect weather and were able to spread out onto the deck with plenty of seating. Leading up to the wedding day I had some doubts of how the day would be run, but it turned out to be perfect and if something went wrong, we did not notice.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Dori · Married on 05/14/2011

3.5

I must start by saying that my wedding day was absolutely PERFECT!! I know that the team at Minerals put in a lot of effort to make the day run smoothly and provide guests with as much enjoyment as possible (man did my guests have a blast!). They truly went above and beyond, and any request I had was satisfied (ask for extras, they will accommodate your needs!). Everyone loved the food, and the servers were fantastic. One of the hotel staff even brought some of his personal items in that day to add to my Moroccan picture corner - themed after our honeymoon destination. I only had two complaints during the process - one was that it did take quite a while to hear back during certain times, we had to be very persistent with questions or requests, and the second was that the room block was an absolute nightmare. Luckily after speaking with many of the staff, everything was worked out. In the end, we completely overlooked the negative though, because my wedding at Minerals was a dream come true!!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Paetra · Married on 10/12/2013

3.5

Crystal springs resort did a fantastic job on my wedding! Sarah the wedding coordinator took care of EVERYTHING, there was no need to have a wedding planner.
    The food was delicious and Russell was the maitre d' was FANTASTIC!!!! I could not stop talking about him for days after the wedding. He was so helpful and everything ran so smoothly.
    The venue was gorgeous and they coordinated with all my vendors so I didn't have to do anything.
    I had very small problems during the day, but the staff quickly corrected it.

Sent on 11/04/2013

Kim · Married on 09/08/2012

3.5

It was so helpful to have a spa on site for my wedding at Ballyowen Golf Club. We stayed at Minerals Resort and the girls came to our room to do my hair and makeup, as well as my bridesmaids and mother. They did everything we asked for, and were very efficient. Leading up to the day, I wish they had been a bit quicker at responding to questions, and when I asked for assistance in covering up a tattoo they had no interest in helping me find a solution. Besides that, I'd highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/05/2013
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/19/2019

3.2
      3.0

Beautiful location with potential for greatness if they train their staff

I have to say the potential for this venue is very high, however, the delivery is extremely disappointing. On the hottest weekend of the year, the resort was entirely under staffed and chaotic. We had over 100 people traveling and staying the weekend for our wedding and the front desk staff was clearly overwhelmed since there were several events happening at once. Understandably, a high volume of guests can't be anticipated but I was expecting a lot more attention to detail for wedding guests' rooms and needs. It took forever to get pool towels, to check-in or out, and there were several mix ups with reservations that were made months in advance that caused a lot of confusion, specifically for handicap reservations.
    Now as for the wedding details - any couple would be LUCKY to have Erika as their coordinator! She deserves an award for her attentiveness and willingness to go above & beyond her duties. Erika is the only reason I was able to keep calm on our wedding weekend and she was truly a rock for us. Since we knew that it would be record breaking heat, Erika thought ahead and suggested we move the cocktail hour inside which we did and it was a great choice! The food was very good and the bar was fully stocked with our requests.
    A few details that left us disappointed was that they had no one to help with luggage and getting a bell cart was hopeless! It felt like the community members were put well before those of the wedding/hotel guests with all of the amenities.
    On our wedding day, I was hoping to be worry free and not stressed but we had to constantly stay on top of details that in our opinion were normal wedding necessities and the bridal attendant was MIA most of the time since she was also allocated to the waitstaff which meant I (the bride) was left waiting around for help or needing to reach out to Erika.
    The Pavilion was beautiful and arranged just as we asked. It is a great rustic setting and exactly what we envisioned. Unfortunately, choosing this location is dependent on good weather, good lighting, and proper signage or announcements for the amenities. Probably my biggest disappointment was that our dinner was served SO LATE and they served the children LAST! Our food was placed on our sweetheart table while we were gone and left uncovered. We did not get to eat anything aside from the salad. Also, our vendors were told they would be served last and never even got to eat since the food came out at 10pm.
    Overall, I would recommend this venue to other couples with a few reservations: a. work with Erika any chance you get (I didn't work with Nicole much but I assume she is also awesome!) b. don't expect 5 star service from the hotel or wait-staff because they are overallocated, undertrained and not empowered to do anything more than the job; in fact, we met the MatreD one time and did not see him again until the next day. c. anticipate the resort being PACKED with people at any time causing chaos and leaving little time to relax.
    We enjoyed our wedding reception at Minerals because we made sure our most important details were paid the most attention to. It would've been better if the staff at Minerals was more empowered to provide help to the wedding party and anticipated typical wedding requests in advance. If you are looking for a venue that is laid back and VERY simple, this is it.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Donna · Married on 07/02/2016

1.8
      1.5
      2.0

I was married July 2, 2016 at Black Bear Golf Course. It just seems like everything went wrong. Dinner was a disaster. We had raw Cornish Game Hen come out to over 10 people. Really ruined my entire day. Took then 3 hours to serve dinner.

Sent on 08/19/2016

1.0

We had our wedding at the Ballyowen location of the Crystal Springs Resort. The booking with Julie and the wedding planning with Nicole went well. They were both lovely to work with. The wedding day had beautiful weather and we were able to get great pictures on the golf course before the ceremony. The wedding ceremony and reception were all we had hoped for but because of how our night ended, I can't give it a 5/5. The bird cage holding all of the cards our guests had given us was stolen at the end of the night. The last it was seen was when we were loading the shuttle back to the hotel. We lost a substantial amount as many of our gifts were cash. Our wedding night was ruined talking to the police and trying to figure out what happened. The resort kept reassuring us it was just misplaced. I'm really disappointed that they didn't take the situation more seriously. My inquiry into compensation was meet with the resort saying they are not responsible for items taken. This had such a negative impact on our wedding experience. We tried our hardest to put it aside, but it was constantly on our minds during the honeymoon. Our guests still talk to us about the cards being stolen, rather than the focus being on a happy wedding experience.

Sent on 08/24/2013