Crystal Springs Resort Reviews

78 | Hamburg, NJ

78 Reviews for Crystal Springs Resort

Lorraine · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Amazing Wedding Venue!

I normally don't write reviews but when you experience exceptional service you owe it to the staff and venue to recognize each of their efforts that go above and beyond. We had our daughter's wedding in May and we can't say enough about the service and attention we received over our 4 day stay!

Our rooms, events, food and the service were outstanding! Any glitch, no matter how small, especially when I look back now, they were quite small! Each were graciously handled by the entire Grand Cascades team from Jean the Wedding Sales Manager (no pressure sales and always accommodating to the bride and mother of the bride) , Jenna our Wedding Coordinator (attentive to every detail and always cool, calm and highly qualified to address and resolve anything - hope she handles her wedding as well as she did ours), Susan our Concierge (always checking to make sure we had what we needed) and Cheryl at the front desk (who I would stand on line and wait for just so I could deal with her). The grounds are gorgeous, the sunsets magnificent and the rooms and decor all added to making the bride and groom's day very special and memorable. With the staff and the folks I specifically mentioned, it was a fabulous celebration that everyone raved about and will talk about for years to come!

Can't wait to go back for a relaxing weekend just to enjoy all the other activities they have to offer as well!

LG

Sent on 05/30/2019

Jamie MacDonald · Married on 03/07/2020

Black Bear Golf Club Hidden Gem

We got married at Black Bear Golf Club, part of Crystal Springs Resort. We toured 3 of the whole resorts possible 5 venues, but knew that Black Bear was it. Crystal Springs as a whole was the only venue we looked at and before we left that day, we knew we didn’t need to go anywhere else. The fact that we could get an all-inclusive package, a hotel, and transportation was a no brainer. We loved everything about Black Bear from the gazebo ceremony space, to the open windows throughout the cocktail hour and reception space, and the overall intimacy of it all. We met Julie for the tour and we couldn’t imagine going through the whole process with anyone else. She was amazing, always answering our emails, being willing to follow up with Minerals (the hotel we used), and anything else we threw her way. She was also our coordinator, which originally we were going to be working with Silje, but she went out on maternity leave and we only met her at the food tasting. Which we actually almost missed, but Julie rescheduled another one when a snow/ice storm caused us to not go. Again, she’s amazing! And speaking of food tasting, the FOOD was to die for. We went with three of the four entrees we tried at the tasting, but we truly believe we would’ve been satisfied with any of the choices we would have picked. We still have guests say “those mushroom raviolis were awesome!” We didn’t even get to all of the items I wanted in our cocktail hour because guests were enjoying them so much the kitchen ran out! Kim was our Maitre d’ and she is a rock star! Every time we turned around she was there to see if we needed anything. She made sure we had food from the buffet, drinks always full, and even food and cupcakes to go. She was truly amazing in making sure we were taken care of, even before the reception kicked off and we were just hanging in the bridal suite. Black Bear was the perfect venue for our wedding of almost 150. Julie and Kim provided such a level of service beyond what we could have asked for from start to finish (even when I had to email her days later because we left something behind in the hotel!). Black Bear, Minerals, and any part of Crystal Springs Resort is a place we would highly recommend!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Joseph Byrnes · Married on 11/22/2019

Very good would recommend

Working with Jean n Jena was very Good as well as all other members of the different departments such as the Front Desk Staff and Bellmen Jace was very helpful and accommodating. Dena the Bridal Assistant was wonderful 😊 and the Maitre D Daniel made the evening come together and run so smoothly

Sent on 12/01/2019

Jordan · Married on 10/25/2019

Breathtaking...

I honestly could not imagine having my wedding anywhere else but at Ballyowen Golf Club. From the moment we drove up to check out the venue, we knew that this was the place for us. The scenery alone is unlike anything you will see anywhere else. The day of our wedding was even more beautiful than the first time we saw this venue and I didn’t think that was even possible. Besides how beautiful everything turned out, the staff were so professional and accommodating. Silje our wedding coordinator and Luis our Maitre d’ were the best! They both made sure we had everything we needed throughout the night and took care of anything necessary to make our wedding day as smooth as possible. I couldn’t imagine our wedding at any other venue. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Michele Panicucci · Married on 10/19/2019

Fun Wedding Weekend

Minerals Resort and Spa - My fiance and I were looking for the perfect location for an outdoor, fall wedding. We also wanted somewhere that we can have a full wedding weekend of fun with family and friends without breaking the budget. We absolutely got that at Minerals AND MORE! Nicole and Erika were very helpful throughout the entire planning process. Erika was there to answer any questions I had and help me execute my vision! This venue is very flexible and willing to work with you. On the day of the event, Erika was there to make sure everything was being set up correctly. In addition, I had a bridal attendant and maitre d. Kaya, the wedding attendant, was also very helpful throughout the day! Every single guest had an amazing time! And I am so happy that my wedding will be talked about for years to come.

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/19/2019

The best decision of our entire wedding.

I can't believe it has taken me this long to review Crystal Springs, Grand Cascades Lodge; It was, HANDS DOWN, the best decision of our entire wedding on October 19, 2019. From the very start, the staff at Grand Cascades was incredible. Jean, who helped us book the venue, went above and beyond to accommodate our budget since she knew it was our dream location. Then, when we were handed off to our coordinator, Jessica, I knew we would be in the best hands. Jessica was nothing short of incredible. From the moment we met her, all the way through our wedding night, she made sure every little detail was taken care of so that we didn't have to stress. She went into superhero mode when the ceremony decor was not as I imagined before I had a meltdown, fixing every last detail as if it were her own wedding. She DECORATED OUR CAKE when the florist left it undone. She spent time with me trying to figure out how I could get McDonald's delivered to the venue for when guests left the party -- highly recommend this. She fluffed my gown and fixed my hair because, oh yeah, she also used to be a hairdresser. I mean... could she have been any more perfect!? On top of all of this, Jessica was the kindest, sweetest, most calming presence on our day. I can't say enough about her and the entire staff who was there for our every need. This also includes the bridal attendant and maitre d' who made sure our glasses were never empty, that we ate our (incredible) food, and that we took a moment to enjoy each other and absorb what was happening. They even set up a private room for just the two of us after the ceremony to enjoy our cocktail hour food in a romantic setting! It was like a fairytale! As I said, Grand Cascades Lodge was the best decision we could have made. Even prior to wedding day our guests and bridal party were able to enjoy the amazing spa, the biosphere, and all other amenities they have to offer. The setting was gorgeous (a perfect sunset sky with a mountain backdrop for our ceremony couldn't be topped), the ballroom was breathtaking, the food was phenomenal (people can't stop talking about it), and I know our family will continue to visit Grand Cascades for years to come with beautiful memories behind us. Oh -- and I'm sure most of our guests will be back now, too! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Keira

Keira · Married on 10/18/2019

10.18.19 Wedding - Minerals Hotel

We just had our Wedding on 10.18.19 at Minerals Resort for about 100 Guests, and it was everything I ever dreamed it would be - a lot of that is thanks to the staff at Minerals. We looked at about 20 venues before deciding on Minerals - the gorgeous ceremony and cocktail outdoor venues, the simple yet elegant ballroom, and the value of food/drink for the price is what made our decision. We toured twice with Nicole and booked with her. She is very good at her job and it was a pleasure to work with her. We then had the privilege of working with Erika, our coordinator. I truly cannot say enough about her - friendly, professional, knowledgeable, responsive, thorough, assuring, and kind are just a few. I was stressing because we hired a lot of vendors, had a lot of details, just a lot of moving parts - Erika made sure absolutely everyone and everything were where they should be, when they should be. We have received countless compliments from our guest - best cocktail food ever, best dinner food ever, best bar selection, best wedding ever been to. If I had the choice to do it all over again, I would absolutely have my wedding at Minerals again and I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/31/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing day

Crystal springs ballyowen was an amazing place for our wedding. From the staff to the views every one of our guests said how amazing the place was and how they were treating amazing by all the staff.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Ronak

Ronak Rawal · Married on 08/24/2019

Ronak and Justin wedding 8/24/19

Crystal Springs Resort- Grand Cascades Lodge is absolutely breathtaking. We had our wedding here on 8.24.19 and the staff made us feel like royalty. They truly went above and beyond for us and made the whole day magical. We want to specially thank Jean and Jenna for being so amazing and accommodating . I would recommend this place to everyone. THANK YOU FOR GIVING US THE BEST DAY OF OUR LIFE

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Claire

Claire Marinello · Married on 07/13/2019

Guests called it the best party ever!

We got married on 7/13/2019, at the Pavilion in 85F weather, and it was a big hit. Some of our guests are saying it was the best wedding ever! There were the usual hiccups that happen with any large event - photo booth vendors showing up with the wrong equipment, limo pulling around to the back entrance when we were expected at the front, server dropping a full plate of food - but Minerals staff did not miss a beat. They kept us on track and made the magic happen. I especially appreciated my dedicated "bridal attendant" who helped my bridesmaids with re-pinning my bustle, fetching my purse, putting my bouquet away, etc.
    Minerals especially went above & beyond to accommodate our guests with special needs. When they saw a guide dog sitting at the cocktail hour, they brought a dish of cool water for her. When we had to get wheelchairs across a field, golf carts materialized. It couldn't have been a smoother event on their end.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Kristin · Married on 06/22/2019

Minerals Hotel Pavilion is THE BEST!

My (now) husband and I were pretty picky with where we wanted our wedding to be. We knew we wanted it to be outside or at an outdoor venue (we got married in June 2019), but we also didn't want our guests having to use a Porta-potty. When we saw the Minerals Hotel pavilion - we knew it fulfilled every single one of our wishes! It's an incredibly beautiful space and Erika and Nicole were SO incredibly helpful throughout the entire process! We were planning things from another state and they were so accommodating and just truly wonderful to work with. I don't know what we would've done without Erika the day of. She helped put out all of our decorations and even saved a few disasters from happening (like when our limo to the church didn't show up). The food was great and everyone of our guests kept on raving about how it was the best wedding they've ever been to. You won't regret choosing the pavilion!

Sent on 11/07/2019

Matthew Short · Married on 02/09/2019

Incredible Night by an Incredible Staff

The staff at Crystal Springs didn't miss a detail for my wife and I's big day. Everyone from Noah at the front desk of the hotel, the bell hops, the severs, Jean our contracting POC, Jenna our coordinator, our bridal room attendant, and Mark our Maitre d' did a fantastic and professional job. What really impressed me where the details that Crystal Springs did for my wife and I such as the incredible display of cocktail hour food in our suite and the display in our room when we got back from the reception.

My guests had an absolutely amazing time and everyone commended Crystal Springs for their great work.

Sent on 02/11/2019

Justine · Married on 10/27/2018

We had the best Wedding!

We had an amazing wedding that our guests cannot stop talking about! Our cocktail hour food was great! And the rotunda room is gorgeous- with beautiful views and stunning decor! Our guests have been raving about that room ever since. The ballroom has beautiful big windows and candelabra chandeliers. My husband had the steak and I had the chicken at our wedding (yes we actually ate at our wedding) and they were both good.
    We did an after party and a brunch in the Rotunda room and it was a hit. The guests loved the wings, burgers, fries, and mini pizzas at the after party and the food at the buffet brunch was great.

JEAN initially helped us book our reception and worked very well with my parents. They were very happy working with her on that.

Our wedding coordinator was JENNA and she is the absolute best! She helped me work out all the details! I sent her so many lengthy emails and she answered every one promptly and completely! She was so helpful and truly was a crucial element in making my wedding day so wonderful! I can't thank her enough!

DANIEL was our Maitre D' and he was fantastic!! He definitely made sure our night ran smooth and paid attention to every detail! He made our night so pleasant and we are so grateful! They even set up our own private tasting of our cocktail hour food so that we could enjoy it and have a few moments together and we are so happy they did because that moment was very special to us and allowed us to slow down for a minute and enjoy each other.

There was a hick up in the night with our centerpiece delivery but Jenna and Daniel handled it with ease! it could have been stressful but they made everything happen! and our guests never knew!

TERRY was our bridal attendant and was incredibly sweet and attentive and we are very appreciative to her as well!

JOHN was our bar captain and he was great! The guests loved him and he really kept the bourbon flowing! Our guests loved him!

Our overall experience at cyrstal springs was excellent! We are so glad we had our wedding there! It was truly a great weekend!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle Glick · Married on 10/06/2018

10/6/18 - day of infamy!

I had my wedding at the Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs, and it could not have gone better! My dream wedding and Pinterest board came to life! The employees and staff were so attentive to my needs, and the entire weekend was absolutely seamless!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Morgan Celiano · Married on 10/05/2018

Must-Have Venue for the Most Amazing Wedding

I cannot even put into words how perfect Crystal Springs Resort was for our wedding venue. We had it at Grand Cascades and to say the amenities and service is incredible is an understatement. Our guests raved about the gorgeous location, hotel, and entire wedding weekend. From the first meeting until our last, Jean and Jenna helped with every single detail to make sure it is perfect. Everything here is top notch and the service with our maitre'd and bridal attendant were impeccable. They set up a room for my husband and I during cocktail hour so we can enjoy the food as well. Everything was so well thought out I couldn't have pictured a better wedding weekend. The food was AMAZING! Our guests couldn't get over the food at the cocktail hour and in the Rotunda room. Everything from the dinner to cake to extra dessert stations exceeded my expectations. The hospitality of the staff was something like I have never seen before! I couldn't picture getting married anywhere else. Thank you Crystal Springs for my fairy-tale wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Shayri

Shayri · Married on 07/29/2018

Ballyowen Golf Club and Resort was a beautiful venue to celebrate our wedding. The ease with which the staff, specifically Silje and Julie, communicated and ensured that we understood our contracts and day of arrangements made everything less stressful in wedding planning. The staff for our wedding day were so warm and accommodating, which made our guest feel welcomed and truly comfortable. We loved every moment of being at the resort for our wedding and at Minerals for our stay. Definitely beautiful views captured here!

Shayri and Larry

Sent on 08/21/2018

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

It was so wonderful working with Jean throughout the whole process. When it was our time to work with Jenna we were so pleased! Jenna did a great job staying in touch with us and responding back super quickly with our 100s of questions. The day/night of the wedding we were taken care of by Jenna and Daniel and they were top notch! Jenna made me feel calm with having it inside due to the rain and I suprisingly wasn’t as upset as I thought I would be with having it indoors. Daniel was an amazing MC!! From making sure I always had a drink in my hand to bustling my dress !!! What!! Yes you read that correctly! All of my bridesmaids were so relieved to not have to figure that out. He did it within 3 minutes and I was ready to party. Amazing staff at crystal springs!!!!! Very impressive.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Jaime · Married on 12/17/2017

My husband and I cannot get over how incredible our wedding was with Crystal Springs Resort (Grand Cascades)! The day went flawlessly and we did not have to worry about a thing. Our coordinator Jenna was very sweet throughout the whole planning process. After our wedding ceremony, my husband and I were brought to a room where a candle lit table was set for the two of us with all of our cocktail hour selections. We really appreciated that! Also, at the end of the night we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our suite. It's the little things! All of our family and friends were impressed with the venue and the food (seriously, the food was amazing!). We will always look back and remember how magical and perfect our wedding day was. Thank you Crystal Springs!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Kate · Married on 12/08/2017

I could not have picked a more beautiful place to have our wedding. The place is beautiful, the workers are phenomenal (especially Mark the matre d), and the food was amazing. If you choose Crystal Springs you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Nicole · Married on 12/02/2017

My husband and I got married at Minerals Resort & Spa in December of 2017. Our wedding was absolutely magical thanks to the staff at this venue. We knew walking into this venue space that this was exactly where we wanted to get married. Both Nicole Saliba and Traci Muniz were outstanding. They helped us at each step of the way plan the most important day of our forever for us and all of our guests. The food at Minerals was so delicious. There was so many options to choose from for cocktail hour and dinner. Minerals is the perfect place to have a wedding since couples are able to have their ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party in walking distance of their hotel rooms Our wedding day was magical thanks to the Minerals Resort & Spa staff.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Minerals on 8/5/17 and it was beyond our expectations. First of all, our wedding coordinator, Traci, was wonderful to work with from day 1. Throughout the entire year we spent planning the wedding, she was always super responsive and helpful. On our wedding day, she made us feel like we were her only priority and I had complete trust that everyone would get done. Our maitre d', Saad, and bridal attendant, Kristine were so on top of all of the details as well on the day of our wedding that we truly felt like we could relax and have fun. We got married outside in the wedding garden and had our reception in the pavilion and it was just beautiful. So many people commented on how great our venue was and what a beautiful setting we had for our wedding. I didn't want a traditional ballroom so the pavilion was perfect. Our guests were also really impressed with the food. Especially, the amount of food and options we had at cocktail hour. All of the food tasted wonderful. Also, we had about 100 people stay in the hotel that weekend since pretty much everyone traveled and it felt like we had a "destination" wedding without really going too far! A bunch of our family came on Friday and spent the day at the beautiful pools and a lot of people also took advantage of the pools on Saturday before the wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner there the night before and a breakfast for our guests the next morning. My bridal party and I got our nails done at Elements Spa the day before and 2 people from the spa did our hair and makeup the day of our wedding too. It was just so convenient having everything right there! After the wedding my husband and I stayed an extra night and enjoyed the hotel and got a couple's massage at the spa too and we had a nice dinner together at Crystal Spring's other hotel. Overall, it was a perfect weekend! I'm so happy we chose to have our wedding at Minerals! I really can't say enough good things about it.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2017

We recently married at Ballyowen Golf Club. Everyone at the wedding was raving about how great the location was with all the views, the food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. We are so happy with our choice and outcome.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Kathryn · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I got married at Crystal Springs at the end of April and they exceeded all expectations. There were roughly 216 guests and 70 rooms booked between Grand Cascades and Minerals Lodge and had a lot of out of state guests- which made this venue very convenient for our needs. Our rehearsal dinner and a welcome party was the Friday night before for over 100 people. Lastly, we also had an after party at Crystal Tavern immediately after the reception which served about 100 people. We also had 5 foursomes of golf the day before, which was booked through the pro-shop which went smoothly. Needless to say, we did all wedding events at Crystal Springs- all executed perfectly.

Sarah was our wedding coordinator who reached out to us at the end of January to schedule a detail meeting a tastings. Sarah was more than thorough covering every aspect of the day including the church which was off-site. She was so gracious with our long lists of questions and looked into everything we asked. We continued to email and speak on the phone up until the wedding day.

As soon as we got back to the venue from the church Daniel escorted us (including bridal party) to the Willow room which was stocked with snacks, drinks, champagne, and beer as we waited for photos to begin and any waiting time.

Cocktail hour was absolutely stunning in the grand rotunda room. Stations throughout (all tastefully decorated) and all passed h'orderves nicely presented. All workers were professionally dressed. The food was raved by all guests.

We couldn't have been luckier than to have Daniel that night. He was personable, fun, professional, and organized. He stuck to the schedule graciously and always had food in front of us and a drink in our hand. He was an attentive collaborator with the band for the flow of the evening. Everything ran smoothly.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Dana · Married on 04/15/2017

We recently had our wedding reception at Black Bear Golf Club and it was fantastic! All of the food was amazing. The amount of food at both cocktail hour and dinner was unbelievable, and delicious too. We couldn't believe all that was offered, and not to mention how affordable it was. We worked with Julie, Silje and Linda. It is evident how passionate they are about their jobs by how much time and effort they put into making your day run so smoothly! It was a wonderful experience!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Sara · Married on 07/09/2016

Upon our initial visit to Black Bear Golf Club (a Crystal Springs property), we were impressed by the beautiful surroundings and lovely decor. Their menu is extensive and we have read many good reviews regarding the food. The food was amazing!!

After we signed our contract, Silje (pronounced Celia) answered every last question we had, and continued to as the questions came up.

The day of our wedding was not too hot, kinda hazy, and misty. (I look back and am thankful it wasn't sunny otherwise ALL my pictures would have the bridal party with very squinty faces!) When we got into the locker room where the bridal party was hanging out until announcements, there were sandwiches for us and the matyr dee, Linda, either brought us or sent in the hors d'oeuvres- which were amazing! After a few minutes, the amazing Linda asked if we were going to use the golf carts to go on the course to take some pictures. She had already checked the weather and told us that it was not going to be raining. So we did. We were allowed to drive the golf carts!! SO. MUCH. FUN.

All night Linda ensured we had everything we needed, including a glass of water for me every time I took a shot! HAHA! She was amazing and thanks to her I remember my reception. It was perfect and everything I dreamed it would be!

The food and staff are all awesome!

I got my make-up done, and I decided to gift make- up to my girls, so I used Elements Spa in the Minerals Resort. The work was impeccable! Not one of my girls had any complaints about the make-up. I loved mine as well. It was wonderful!

Sent on 09/08/2015