Crystal Springs Resort Reviews

Crystal Springs Resort 1
Crystal Springs Resort 2

Justine · Married on 10/27/2018

We had the best Wedding!

We had an amazing wedding that our guests cannot stop talking about! Our cocktail hour food was great! And the rotunda room is gorgeous- with beautiful views and stunning decor! Our guests have been raving about that room ever since. The ballroom has beautiful big windows and candelabra chandeliers. My husband had the steak and I had the chicken at our wedding (yes we actually ate at our wedding) and they were both good.
    We did an after party and a brunch in the Rotunda room and it was a hit. The guests loved the wings, burgers, fries, and mini pizzas at the after party and the food at the buffet brunch was great.

JEAN initially helped us book our reception and worked very well with my parents. They were very happy working with her on that.

Our wedding coordinator was JENNA and she is the absolute best! She helped me work out all the details! I sent her so many lengthy emails and she answered every one promptly and completely! She was so helpful and truly was a crucial element in making my wedding day so wonderful! I can't thank her enough!

DANIEL was our Maitre D' and he was fantastic!! He definitely made sure our night ran smooth and paid attention to every detail! He made our night so pleasant and we are so grateful! They even set up our own private tasting of our cocktail hour food so that we could enjoy it and have a few moments together and we are so happy they did because that moment was very special to us and allowed us to slow down for a minute and enjoy each other.

There was a hick up in the night with our centerpiece delivery but Jenna and Daniel handled it with ease! it could have been stressful but they made everything happen! and our guests never knew!

TERRY was our bridal attendant and was incredibly sweet and attentive and we are very appreciative to her as well!

JOHN was our bar captain and he was great! The guests loved him and he really kept the bourbon flowing! Our guests loved him!

Our overall experience at cyrstal springs was excellent! We are so glad we had our wedding there! It was truly a great weekend!

• Danielle

Danielle Glick · Married on 10/06/2018

10/6/18 - day of infamy!

I had my wedding at the Grand Cascades Lodge at Crystal Springs, and it could not have gone better! My dream wedding and Pinterest board came to life! The employees and staff were so attentive to my needs, and the entire weekend was absolutely seamless!

• Shayri

Shayri · Married on 07/29/2018

Ballyowen Golf Club and Resort was a beautiful venue to celebrate our wedding. The ease with which the staff, specifically Silje and Julie, communicated and ensured that we understood our contracts and day of arrangements made everything less stressful in wedding planning. The staff for our wedding day were so warm and accommodating, which made our guest feel welcomed and truly comfortable. We loved every moment of being at the resort for our wedding and at Minerals for our stay. Definitely beautiful views captured here!

Shayri and Larry

Crystal Springs Resort 3

Emily · Married on 05/12/2018

It was so wonderful working with Jean throughout the whole process. When it was our time to work with Jenna we were so pleased! Jenna did a great job staying in touch with us and responding back super quickly with our 100s of questions. The day/night of the wedding we were taken care of by Jenna and Daniel and they were top notch! Jenna made me feel calm with having it inside due to the rain and I suprisingly wasn’t as upset as I thought I would be with having it indoors. Daniel was an amazing MC!! From making sure I always had a drink in my hand to bustling my dress !!! What!! Yes you read that correctly! All of my bridesmaids were so relieved to not have to figure that out. He did it within 3 minutes and I was ready to party. Amazing staff at crystal springs!!!!! Very impressive.

Jaime · Married on 12/17/2017

My husband and I cannot get over how incredible our wedding was with Crystal Springs Resort (Grand Cascades)! The day went flawlessly and we did not have to worry about a thing. Our coordinator Jenna was very sweet throughout the whole planning process. After our wedding ceremony, my husband and I were brought to a room where a candle lit table was set for the two of us with all of our cocktail hour selections. We really appreciated that! Also, at the end of the night we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our suite. It's the little things! All of our family and friends were impressed with the venue and the food (seriously, the food was amazing!). We will always look back and remember how magical and perfect our wedding day was. Thank you Crystal Springs!

Kate · Married on 12/08/2017

I could not have picked a more beautiful place to have our wedding. The place is beautiful, the workers are phenomenal (especially Mark the matre d), and the food was amazing. If you choose Crystal Springs you will not regret it!

Nicole · Married on 12/02/2017

My husband and I got married at Minerals Resort & Spa in December of 2017. Our wedding was absolutely magical thanks to the staff at this venue. We knew walking into this venue space that this was exactly where we wanted to get married. Both Nicole Saliba and Traci Muniz were outstanding. They helped us at each step of the way plan the most important day of our forever for us and all of our guests. The food at Minerals was so delicious. There was so many options to choose from for cocktail hour and dinner. Minerals is the perfect place to have a wedding since couples are able to have their ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after party in walking distance of their hotel rooms Our wedding day was magical thanks to the Minerals Resort & Spa staff.

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Minerals on 8/5/17 and it was beyond our expectations. First of all, our wedding coordinator, Traci, was wonderful to work with from day 1. Throughout the entire year we spent planning the wedding, she was always super responsive and helpful. On our wedding day, she made us feel like we were her only priority and I had complete trust that everyone would get done. Our maitre d', Saad, and bridal attendant, Kristine were so on top of all of the details as well on the day of our wedding that we truly felt like we could relax and have fun. We got married outside in the wedding garden and had our reception in the pavilion and it was just beautiful. So many people commented on how great our venue was and what a beautiful setting we had for our wedding. I didn't want a traditional ballroom so the pavilion was perfect. Our guests were also really impressed with the food. Especially, the amount of food and options we had at cocktail hour. All of the food tasted wonderful. Also, we had about 100 people stay in the hotel that weekend since pretty much everyone traveled and it felt like we had a "destination" wedding without really going too far! A bunch of our family came on Friday and spent the day at the beautiful pools and a lot of people also took advantage of the pools on Saturday before the wedding. We had our rehearsal dinner there the night before and a breakfast for our guests the next morning. My bridal party and I got our nails done at Elements Spa the day before and 2 people from the spa did our hair and makeup the day of our wedding too. It was just so convenient having everything right there! After the wedding my husband and I stayed an extra night and enjoyed the hotel and got a couple's massage at the spa too and we had a nice dinner together at Crystal Spring's other hotel. Overall, it was a perfect weekend! I'm so happy we chose to have our wedding at Minerals! I really can't say enough good things about it.

Michelle · Married on 05/12/2017

We recently married at Ballyowen Golf Club. Everyone at the wedding was raving about how great the location was with all the views, the food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. We are so happy with our choice and outcome.

Kathryn · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I got married at Crystal Springs at the end of April and they exceeded all expectations. There were roughly 216 guests and 70 rooms booked between Grand Cascades and Minerals Lodge and had a lot of out of state guests- which made this venue very convenient for our needs. Our rehearsal dinner and a welcome party was the Friday night before for over 100 people. Lastly, we also had an after party at Crystal Tavern immediately after the reception which served about 100 people. We also had 5 foursomes of golf the day before, which was booked through the pro-shop which went smoothly. Needless to say, we did all wedding events at Crystal Springs- all executed perfectly.

Sarah was our wedding coordinator who reached out to us at the end of January to schedule a detail meeting a tastings. Sarah was more than thorough covering every aspect of the day including the church which was off-site. She was so gracious with our long lists of questions and looked into everything we asked. We continued to email and speak on the phone up until the wedding day.

As soon as we got back to the venue from the church Daniel escorted us (including bridal party) to the Willow room which was stocked with snacks, drinks, champagne, and beer as we waited for photos to begin and any waiting time.

Cocktail hour was absolutely stunning in the grand rotunda room. Stations throughout (all tastefully decorated) and all passed h'orderves nicely presented. All workers were professionally dressed. The food was raved by all guests.

We couldn't have been luckier than to have Daniel that night. He was personable, fun, professional, and organized. He stuck to the schedule graciously and always had food in front of us and a drink in our hand. He was an attentive collaborator with the band for the flow of the evening. Everything ran smoothly.

Dana · Married on 04/15/2017

We recently had our wedding reception at Black Bear Golf Club and it was fantastic! All of the food was amazing. The amount of food at both cocktail hour and dinner was unbelievable, and delicious too. We couldn't believe all that was offered, and not to mention how affordable it was. We worked with Julie, Silje and Linda. It is evident how passionate they are about their jobs by how much time and effort they put into making your day run so smoothly! It was a wonderful experience!

Sara · Married on 07/09/2016

Upon our initial visit to Black Bear Golf Club (a Crystal Springs property), we were impressed by the beautiful surroundings and lovely decor. Their menu is extensive and we have read many good reviews regarding the food. The food was amazing!!

After we signed our contract, Silje (pronounced Celia) answered every last question we had, and continued to as the questions came up.

The day of our wedding was not too hot, kinda hazy, and misty. (I look back and am thankful it wasn't sunny otherwise ALL my pictures would have the bridal party with very squinty faces!) When we got into the locker room where the bridal party was hanging out until announcements, there were sandwiches for us and the matyr dee, Linda, either brought us or sent in the hors d'oeuvres- which were amazing! After a few minutes, the amazing Linda asked if we were going to use the golf carts to go on the course to take some pictures. She had already checked the weather and told us that it was not going to be raining. So we did. We were allowed to drive the golf carts!! SO. MUCH. FUN.

All night Linda ensured we had everything we needed, including a glass of water for me every time I took a shot! HAHA! She was amazing and thanks to her I remember my reception. It was perfect and everything I dreamed it would be!

The food and staff are all awesome!

I got my make-up done, and I decided to gift make- up to my girls, so I used Elements Spa in the Minerals Resort. The work was impeccable! Not one of my girls had any complaints about the make-up. I loved mine as well. It was wonderful!

Allison · Married on 06/11/2016

Ballyowen was hands down the most amazing venue. I could not be happier with every moment of the wedding. Our maitre d' Luis, was phenomenal, he went around to every table to ensure our guests were taken care of. He also helped in the coordination and smooth operation of the entire wedding day. The staff was incredibly professional and accommodating. The best part was how gorgeous the entire venue was. When the sun began to set, my new hubby and I went out for photos. Almost all of our guests also went outside to take their own pictures. We couldn't have been luckier with the weather. I 100% recommend this venue. I loved every minute of it.

Corinne · Married on 02/05/2016

This past weekend 2/5/2016, my husband and I got married at Grand Cascades Lodge. We were looking for somewhere that offered the least amount of traveling around for our guests and somewhere to stay so our guests didn't have to worry about driving after the reception. Grand Cascades Lodge met all of our desires and then some! We were looking for a rustic venue to hold our winter wedding. The Lodge was a perfect fit. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all at the same location.
    I worked closely with our wedding coordinator, Sarah who was such a huge help and so sweet! Sarah helped with providing example of cakes from the bakery they work closely with (Palermo's), table numbers, setting up a tasting, etc. We also practiced our rehearsal ceremony with Sarah the night before our big day. Sarah and her assistant Jenna made our wedding day a breeze. They checked on us numerous times throughout they day as we were getting ready, helped get us lined up for the ceremony and helped us to and from our bridal suite. Sarah and the staff at Grand Cascades Lodge were so professional. They decorated for our wedding day beautifully, exceeding our expectations!
    Once it was time for cocktail hour and our reception we worked with Daniel the maître d'. I can't talk highly enough about him. Daniel met us outside with hot apple cider ready to drink as we were finishing up photos with our photographer in the cold winter winds. We had a spread of all the food from cocktail hour down in our bridal suite so my husband and I would be able to get to enjoy everything. The food was fantastic! He even made sure we always had something to drink waiting for us. He escorted us to the ballroom where our reception was held so we were able to practice our first dance prior to guest arriving. He was amazing and took care of us all night! This place is breathtaking and I would definitely recommend GCL to anyone for their wedding or event.

Joanne · Married on 02/05/2016

The Grand Cascades was a Beautiful Venue. The Wedding Coordinator, Sara & Jenna were Professional, Efficient, Accomodating, Attentive and Personal. The Hair & Makeup Team, Regina, Cherri, Jill were Professional, Personal and did beautiful Hair & Makeup. Dan was assigned to us for the entire Wedding. He was undescribable. Professional, Attentive, Personal, Accomodating and a Very Special Person. The team of people assigned to our wedding were Extraordinary. Not to mention, the Food was Outstanding and Delicious. The Displays of the Appetizer Stations at the Cocktail Hour,in the Rotunda Room, were absolutely Beautiful. The room is Breathtaking. The Displays on Wecoming and Champagne table were beautiful. I cannot say enough about this Venue. The hotel rooms are 5 Star! The scenery, golf course, the indoor/outdoor pool was awesome. I would recommend this Venue to Everyone. My review is a 10 Star. Thank you Everyone for a Grand Experience!!!

Weekend wedding

Our wedding on 10/6/18 was everything we hoped for. All the staff, from the beginning planning stages to check out after our weekend wedding were accommodating, kind, professional, knowledgeable and the food at the resort is delicious! Everything was absolutely wonderful in every way!

Samantha · Married on 06/26/2015

Crystal Springs was our dream venue. Everyone involved with our wedding was absolutely amazing from start to finish. Jean (sales manager), Sarah (wedding coordinator), Jessica (bridal waitress attendant) and Daniel (maitre'd) they were all incredible! We started the process with Jean and then was handed over to Sarah for all the planning however Jean never left our side! Sarah was just a dream come true! She made the entire process super easy and organized!! Everything I asked of her, she made happen and without hesitation! She was helpful with all my vendors and made the entire day come together as I have always dreamed! Daniel was in charge the day of the wedding and he was just as great as everyone else! Before I knew my glass was empty there was Daniel with a refill. He would just appear out of no where when I needed something (before I even knew I needed something). He was super responsiveness, whatever I, my husband, my parents, bridal party or guests needed he got in lightening speed. Crystal Springs was just a dream. It was a vacation for everyone. Most of our guests ended up staying the entire weekend and they just kept asking "where did you find this play?" Amazing! I can't say it enough. Thank you Thank you to everyone!!!! Can't wait to spend our anniversaries back where our dream wedding happened.

Margo · Married on 04/11/2015

We visited crystal springs - grand cascades lodge the day we got engaged, and we knew we found our venue! The rotunda is absolutely breathtaking, as well as the grounds and ballroom. My now-husband and I prioritized having a hotel attached to the venue and wanted to make it a "weekend getaway" without the crazy travel. From day 1 to day 365 (we got married exactly 1 year later), Jean and Sarah were unbelievably responsive, accommodating, and easy to work with. We ended up having everything at the resort - rehearsal dinner, welcome party, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, after-party, Sunday brunch, golf for the groomsmen, and used Reflections spa to get ready on the day-of (with lunch). Everything was impeccable. The food is extremely tasty, and the brochure offers so many options it was hard to choose! The grounds of crystal springs were spectacular, and really made for the perfect backdrop for our outdoor ceremony (and photos). We were thrilled with our wedding, and cannot say enough fabulous things about the experience. Added bonus: i was a stress free bride during my entire engagement, including the day of, and i credit Sarah and Jean (and my mother) for keeping it that way.

Heidi · Married on 06/29/2014

We had my son's wedding at Black Bear golf. The food was amazing. Everyone working on the wedding from the sales person ( Julie Hoffman ) to the wedding coordinator ( Silje )and the restaurant manager( Linda ) were all very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend a wedding here.

Mary Turea · Married on 06/14/2014

Could not ave asked for a better place! The wedding had everything we wanted as well what guest needed! It was picture perfect! The background for photos could not have been better! Loved the make up artist that worked threw the hotel. She took her time and made me look beautiful. She was patient, caring and wanted to the best she could do! She did an awesome job. The ceremony was breath taking outside with the grass fields, ponds, mountains and all the nature as a back drop. The cocktail hour room could not have been more of what we dreamed for it was rustic shabby chic and the food was unbelievable guest thought that this was dinner how amazing the food was and how large of an amount. The ballroom worked out great i am not a ballroom girl but the touch of our florist and the venue adding all the rustic decor they could I loved it. It was amazing how close the guest were to the rooms if they needed to change shoes or just freshen up it was an amazing option. I could not be happier with our chose to have everything at the Crystal Springs Resort! I would love to thank Avi who made my wedding day go so smooth. He made everything perfect from making sure i was happy to having the food out hot and on time. He was phenomenal! It definitely makes your wedding when you have someone like this to make sure your day is going the way you dreamed and he did this for me!!! the staff the Crystal Springs Resort had on for my wedding was so helpful and happy! THANK YOU

Crystal Springs is gorgeous. We got married at the Ballyoween Golf Club. It was so perfect for us. The views are stunning and the venue is small and intimate. The food was phenomenal, my guests loved it and the service during the entire day was more than we expected. As the bride and groom they made sure to take care of us if we needed anything at all. They were on top of everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Even before the wedding day working with the wedding coordinator was a pleasure. She was so sweet and professional and made sure I got exactly what I was envisioning.

David · Married on 12/21/2013

First off, this place is amazing! The backdrops for photos are incredible, warm and intimate and the place provided the perfect setting for our marriage.

David · Married on 12/21/2013

The service we had was outstanding. We enjoyed every little detail provided especially the cocktail hour room. The views and setting was amazing that our guests keep telling us how great the place was. We loved the service

Grand cascades lodge was the perfect location for us!! The views from the ceremony site and cocktail hour makes it worth every penny. Sarah and jean were very helpful and responded quickly to any questions or concerns. We chose to have our rehearsal dinner and breakfast brunch here which did not disappoint. Our wedding was on a Sunday which I was happy we did because they had a lot going on Saturday. Our maitre de was Russell who made us feel like royalty. Everything moved so smoothly. Guests are still talking about how great the food and venue was!! If you are looking for an upscale beautiful venue that not everyone has gone to choose crystal springs!!!