Crystal Peak Reviews

1 User photo

Crystal Peak 1

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

The absolute perfect facility

We could not have had a better experience than what we had at Crystal Peak. John and his staff are absolutely wonderful - always there to handle whatever needed to be done, so accommodating, and genuinely nice people. Our day's event coordinator, Dawn, was incredible.

Since many from our wedding party were travelling from out of state, we also had our rehearsal dinner here, which I would also recommend.

At our reception, the food was stellar - they have so many options to choose from and are so accommodating. Our guests raved about their meals for weeks afterwards!

Both rooms were beautiful. We had to abruptly move our ceremony inside due to an approaching storm, and the staff was able to relocate everything in ten minutes - they transformed the new ceremony room into the most intimate and perfect setting.

We would, without question, recommend Crystal Peak to anyone looking for a vendor. We were so thrilled with how our day went and could not imagine picking anywhere else for our reception and ceremony location. We highly recommend John and his team.

Jessica Von Oy · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely perfect!!

We could not have asked for better, my husband and I highly recommend Crystal Peak, it’s a perfect/beautiful place for a wedding. From our initial meeting with John Roller to our final Goodbye everything in between and leading up to the wedding went so smoothly, I as the bride did not have to worry about a thing!!! My husband and I were blown away by the venue itself but mostly by the care and support of John, his wife Jen and all the staff. Anytime I emailed John he would get right back to me within a day, he’s so easy going, understandable and a very hard worker, he will make sure what you need on your special day will be there. My husband and I were so pleased with everything leading up to our day that we even decided to have our rehearsal dinner there and boy was that a hit. Best food in town!!! John you are a fantastic cook! My husband and I just want to come down for a dinner one day. Everyone was talking about how delicious the food was, from the loads of appetizers to the dinner and dessert! Thank you so much!

Being the bride you would think I would have to decorate...but no...Johns staff all decorated the venue beautifully for us. My husband and I didn’t have to worry about a thing, talk about lucky. Everything was literally perfect. We seriously are so so so glad we choose to celebrate our love at Crystal Peak. It was a perfect fall afternoon too, so you can only imagine the pictures, the venue is situated on top of this hill, absolute perfect place to capture your love. I can’t say enough, Jon and I are truly thankful and so glad we chose Crystal Peak as our wedding venue. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.

Jess and Jon

• Laura

Laura Caiafa · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect wedding

We were able to relax knowing everything was under control by John. Not once were we concerned or stressed about John or his staff. The food, the organization of John and the staff, the venue itself... absolutely everything was PERFECT and I could not have asked for a better day.
    If I had to do it over I wouldn't change a thing... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Raymond · Married on 10/06/2018

Exceeded my wildest expectations

I can’t recommend crystal peak enough for any couple looking to have a wedding. Unlike many other venues John is flexible, professional, and genuinely wants you to have the wedding of your dreams. From a huge menu selection that can be customized to the beauty of the onsite ceremony area this place is truly a hidden gem. That coupled with amazing staff, a day of coordinator, and prices that are extremely affordable all make Crystal Peak the ideal place to get married!

Jillian Barbieri · Married on 09/29/2018

Great day!

I’m so happy we decided to have our wedding at Crystal Peak! John went out of his way to make sure that our day was perfect. The staff was great and the food was amazing! The girls and I also loved and appreciated the great bridal suite upstairs. Very reasonable for what we got.

Marie · Married on 09/15/2018

Jeff and I are so pleased with John Roller and his staff at Crystal Peak. Nancy in particular was so kind and considerate to us during the reception. All of the staff were friendly and very attentive to our 150+ guests. The food was exceptional. Our guests commented on how they were immediately brought the appetizers during the cocktail hour. Everyone was happy with the delicious food. I wish I still had some of the garlic mashed potatoes. John was very flexible and allowed us to set up in advance. He was very accommodating to our DJ. We were also able to bring our cake and cupcakes the day before. The venue is gorgeous, inside and outside. We are just so happy about the entire experience, planning and the day of our reception at Crystal Peak. Thanks!!! Marie and Jeff

Carly · Married on 06/30/2018

John, Amanda and the rest of the team from Crystal Peak catered my wedding in June and they were absolutely phenomenal from my first meeting with them to the day of the wedding. So many of our guests complemented the quality of the food as it certainly exceeded our expectations. We were blown away by the exceptional service and the professionalism of their catering staff. John was super responsive and helpful with any questions that I had regarding the rentals, set up, and general questions. They went over every single detail with me to be sure that everything went smoothly the day of. The set up for the event was executed just perfectly. Overall, the quality of the food and the exceptional service cannot be beat--I highly recommend!

Heather Meeker · Married on 06/09/2018

We had the most beautiful time!

Every detail was taken care of. People are still talking about the wedding and it has been six months. The venue was beautiful, the gardens were well maintained, and the food was excellent. Thank you to John and team for making our special day so memorable.

Nicole · Married on 11/04/2017

Crystal Peak was an amazing wedding venue. The staff was incredible and did a great job accommodating everyone. The food was greatand everyone went above and beyond to make our day special. John was quick to respond to all of our questions and allowed us to use all the decorations we wanted. I would recommend Crystal Peak for anyone who is planning a wedding.

kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding was amazing. Everyone was so helpful. John was great with everything, made our day perfect. We couldn’t have asked for a better person to help plan our day. Our guests still rave about the food and the service. There is nothing I would change about my day. I would recommend and have recommended crystal peak to multiple people already.

Nia · Married on 10/07/2017

John and his staff at Crystal Peak made our day so special, they catered to everything we wanted and needed, we got married in October so the colors of the leaves this time of year where beautiful in the garden area, also with the waterfall and bridge, with their beautiful mums and colored plants to add, made our ceremony and pictures Gorgeous, The food was amazing and looked so delightful. Our guest are still raving about what an amazing wedding we had, They went above and beyond to make it our day with their professionalism and humbleness, we highly recommend, Crystal Peak, John and his staff

Nia and Michael

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

John and Jen made our special day absolutely perfect. I cannot say enough about their attention to detail, they thought of everything. Transitions from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was so smooth and having all three in one location made it easy for our guests. The outside ceremony location was beautiful with flowers blooming. Their waterfall is the perfect spot for outdoor photos with your friends and family. I'm so happy we chose Crystal Peak for our wedding!

Crystal Peak 2

Kristina · Married on 07/08/2017

I couldn't be more happy with everything crystal peak had to offer! John (the owner) went above and Beyond, the staff also! They took care of everything!!! I didn't have one worry about the most beautiful day of my life!

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

Everything from the original correspondence to the end of the evening was fantastic. John and his staff went above and beyond to make everything great for our evening. The food was fantastic and the staff working that night were excellent. I would and do recommend Crystal Peak to everyone having a gathering.

Katherine · Married on 05/20/2017

We had the absolute best experience at Crystal Peak, and we would highly recommend it to anyone! From the moment we first inquired about prices all the through the wedding reception, John and his team were top notch. The food was incredible (I had the crab-stuffed sole in a lobster sherry cream sauce and my husband had the New York strip with crispy onions and rosemary demi glaze)-- we loved that the appetizers are passed in unlimited amounts, meaning the chef makes more of the ones people like the most! The actual facility is beautiful, inside and out, and we loved the option to rent out the entire facility for our wedding. We initially thought the dance floor might be odd, since it is in the back, but it was perfect and we had the entire floor packed until the end of the reception. We took pictures outside next to the waterfall, pond, and on the bridge. It was beautiful start to finish, and the service was the absolute best. John and his team were committed to making our day perfect, and they succeeded!

Joseph · Married on 10/29/2016

John and Crystal Peak made our wedding stress free and unforgettable! They were extremely accommodating and genuinely cared about the quality of service and our needs. Our guests had a great time and we shared a day we will always cherish.

Martin · Married on 10/08/2016

Crystal Peak is North Western Connecticut's hidden gem! We were very impressed by the care and detail John and Jennifer Roller have invested in their facility, and in the personal attention, care and detail they invested in our wedding day. They made sure everything was perfect, and it was. They are genuinely wonderful people and very easy to work with. They were very accommodating, friendly and flexible while we were planning our wedding with them. The prices they charge are extremely reasonable for what is included in their wedding packages. The entire day was flawless. The food quality and quantity was superb as well; not your typical wedding food! Our guests couldn't stop raving about their meals and how nice the facility was. We highly recommend having your wedding or special event at Crystal Peak!

Carissa · Married on 08/06/2016

Everything went great and John was so flexible and accommodating! I highly recommend!!

Grissette · Married on 07/23/2016

I can’t not thank enough the Litchfield Inn! I was very nervous about planning a wedding from outstate, but John, the manager, was super responsive. He answered emails within minutes, and was always available on the phone. I visited the venue just 3 days before the wedding and requested to be moved to the main ballroom, already setup for other event, and he agreed to it. My wedding day was flawless, the room was beautiful, the hotel grounds elegant and timeless; the food was excellent, drinks well-balance. Every detail was well managed, better that what I envisioned. Dawn the coordinator was great! super friendly, and accommodating. Thank you Litchfield Inn for hosting my dream wedding.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Crystal Peak's reply:

Hi Grissette,
    Thank you so much for your review! The Litchfield Inn is just guest rooms our company is Tavern off the Green and is a sister facility to Crystal Peak I own both companies. We took over all food and Beverage at the Inn in last October. We are very happy you had a dream wedding that is what we desire for all our couples!!

Lorinda · Married on 06/18/2016

Book it now. This place is a hidden gem. Our wedding was perfect and our guests could not stop raving about the beautiful ceremony space and the incredible food. John, the owner and chef, works with you every step of the way and makes sure your experience is perfect. Ours was.

Emily · Married on 06/11/2016

My experience with Crystal Peak began 7 years ago when my sister had her wedding there. This was the first wedding I had been a part of and I was thoroughly impressed with them with every aspect of planning my sister's wedding. The event was phenomenal and we heard many people tell us that it was "the best wedding they had ever been to!" A few years later, when we wanted to plan a surprise party for my sister, we went with CP because we knew John would throw another great event for us, and he did just that. When I got engaged and began thinking about picking a place to get married, I had no doubt in my mind that I wanted to go with John and Crystal Peak, and I am so happy we did. John is one of the absolute best people you can find in this business. He oversees every aspect of every event and settles for nothing but perfection. A huge selling point for us was his absolutely wonderful food and we were so happy with the choices we made! Our wedding day and night were absolutely perfect! We had been planning all along to have the ceremony outside. It was pouring rain in the afternoon and John was the one texting me telling me he would still do everything he possibly could to get our ceremony outside, and he did! We made it just in time, and John and his staff made sure we were ready for whatever came our way. John worked side by side with us to make sure our wedding was everything we thought it would be. He seems to always be available to answer questions- and his timeliness in responding to email and phone calls in incredible! He made every single thing we wanted happen and we are so grateful to have found John and Crystal Peak. The only way to describe our wedding is to say that it was absolutely perfect, and John and the Crystal Peak staff made it happen!

Ryan · Married on 05/21/2016

Crystal Peak is an absolutely wonderful venue. John is a pleasure to work with and made planning a wedding an absolute breeze.

Heather · Married on 05/14/2016

John from Litchfield Inn was beyond helpful and professional. Our wedding was more them what we expected thanks to the fabulous team at Litchfield inn. Our guest are still talking about the great service and food. Litchfield Inn is a must see place for all events.

Kaytee · Married on 04/16/2016

John was wonderful! His team made sure everything went smooth and I was treated like royalty. The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing! Highly recommend this venue!

Michelle · Married on 09/19/2015

Beautiful venue, wonderful food and service!! Would highly recommend!!