Crystal Mountain Resort Reviews

82 | Thompsonville, MI

82 Reviews for Crystal Mountain Resort

Brittany · Married on 07/08/2017

3.0

Overall, we had a great experience with our wedding at Crystal Mountain. Service was excellent, facilities and scenery are top notch, and we couldn't have asked for our day to go any better. Of course as I'm sure with any wedding venue, there were added costs/upcharges for many things. However, the staff was very attentive to all of our specific needs.

Sent on 07/23/2017

Joe · Married on 08/11/2018

3.0

We had an amazing wedding at Crystal Mountain and all our guests loved it!!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Cindy · Married on 10/09/2016

3.5

to make sure you find out in the beginning the extra costs that would be added to your event so you are not in for a surprise at the end

Sent on 11/09/2016

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2017

3.6
      3.5

Beautiful place and great food. The coordinators I worked with were professional and tried to be as responsive with everything they had 4 other weddings going on. The day of the wedding was slightly troublesome; received a lot of misinformation and had a hard time for a short while trying to contact my coordinator so I was stressing more than I should've on my wedding day. For as much money as we spent there, we expected more than $200 spa credit, like having our rooms paid for. Yet you get what you pay for, which is the good food and location.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Linda · Married on 10/08/2016

2.5

The venue itself is gorgeous. We got married on top of the mountain, where all our guests were able to ride the chairlift up. The view was worth the money in itself. Unfortunately, there was a few changes in the staffing at Crystal Mountain. I had 3 different event coordinators since first booking my wedding August 2015, most of the time they were switched without me even knowing. The first coordinator was AMAZING (Megan), and had she stayed there I'm confident I would have been able to give 5 stars for everything. The second was short lived, but the third is who we dealt with the most. E-mails went weeks without answer, I couldn't get an event order to save my life a majority of the time, and when I did get one it was rarely fully updated. I felt like I was doing double the work by constantly double and triple checking that everything I had said was actually being put into action. The day of, our event coordinator who I had worked with left, leaving us with another event coordinator who was very nice, but I did not properly meet. Everything went smoothly - but I would necessarily say that was due to the event coordinator I dealt with a majority of the time. Her attitude at times was poor as well, making if for a not-so-great wedding planning experience. Top it off with missing our meeting the day before the wedding/attempting to blame me for it (I confirmed over the phone but she forgot the same day), and then telling me we were 5 minutes behind schedule and needed to hurry up just as I was walking up to my ceremony - I wasn't very pleased to say the least. I'm glad I choose the venue purely because of the beauty, but I wouldn't necessarily say I'd recommend it to anyone unfortunately.

Sent on 10/20/2016
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/08/2018

2.4
      1.5
      2.0

The actual wedding day was great and wait stuff for the event was wonderful. Food was to die for and view was by far the best anywhere. But if you want an easy planning process with staff that’s going to have your back this is not the place. Double check everything on the contract and keep all e-mails. Also keep track of pricing for rooms as wrong pricing was given to my guests then they were asked to pay more. Also double check rooming arrangements as my now husband and I rooming arrangements were done incorrectly. Beautiful place and loved my wedding but I wish the planning process would’ve been more relaxed and enjoyable but with their staff making multiple mistakes it does make a bride nervous so just be deligent.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Crystal Mountain Resort's reply:

Kimberly- We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Wedding Wire and offer your honest feedback. We are always striving to improve our services and communication, so we genuinely value your insight to help us with this process. We pride ourselves on our facilities and amazing views, and our chefs work diligently to ensure that our meals taste incredible so thank you for your kind words.

As I mentioned, we are always looking to improve and with the multitude of events that we can host on the resort, we like to be as flexible as possible. We apologize that your lodging for you and your husband was incorrect prior to your arrival but are glad that we were able to work with you to get this resolved prior to your arrival.

Again, we are so sorry to hear of your experience. Although comments like yours are hard to swallow, we value your input and are truly sorry we fell short of your expectations. Thanks again… We hope you have a wonderful upcoming holiday season – the first as Mr. & Mrs. Martin!

Mary · event on: 09/29/2017

0.2
      0.0
      0.0
      0.5

The resort is very beautiful however I had issues with my room and my reservation. I booked a one bedroom condo with a Jacuzzi tub and I was give a queen bed studio with a regular tub. I went back to the office to inquire and was told that my room was given to someone else and that they would be happy to accommodate me with a charge to move me to the room I booked. I learned later that evening that two of my friends who were there for the same wedding were upgraded at no additional charge (imagine that). I did not make a scene and upon check out asked to speak to a manager which I did privately and told her my concerns (my room was very dusty and the linen smelled musty and the closet light did not work) and situation and she said she would look into it and would give me a call. I just got off the phone with her and she explained that I was given incorrect information and that she would be happy to upgrade me on my next stay. Well I am sorry that is not good enough. I should have been given the room I booked and so not I will not be staying at Crystal Mountain again nor will I recommended it anyone else. I was very disappointed.
    I understand that they are in business to make money but their customer service is a 1 out of 10 stars.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Crystal Mountain Resort's reply:

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Your valuable feedback led us to evaluate your original call with our reservation agent at the time of booking. Crystal Mountain is a very unique property with over 13 different styles of unit types and can be confusing for those who have never been here. During the call, you did originally ask for a 1-bedroom condo but once the price was quoted, you decided to go back to our Studio type room as it was a better value to you. The request of a Jacuzzi tub was not mentioned as that would prompt us to make special notes in your personal reservation. Our Front Desk Manager did attempt to reach out to you more than once but we have not received any communication in return. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.