50 Reviews for Crystal Mountain Resort

Premium Liquor (2)
Signature Drink (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
49 Crystal Mountain Resort Reviews

As the FOB (Father of Bride) I could not have been happier with Crystal Mountain! Crystal did a great job from start to finish and the people that we worked with, Carmen Kott & Samantha Roelofs, were perfect support. They communicated very well and kept things in line on the budget we had. It was simply the perfect wedding venue and reception for this event.
Everyone at Crystal was very helpful throughout the entire set up and welcoming our guest to the resort on the day of the wedding. One special note, during the reception my daughter as if I had a tums with me and I did not. The reception 'captain' Sharren Williamson went to the market at Crystal and bought her some antacid stuff that helped the bride a bunch. That was service above and beyond!
I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain as a great choice for your wedding & reception plans.

Profile Picture Tom, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at crystal mountain helped with any and all details! I didn’t want to stress out or worry about all of the details and that’s why we chose to have our wedding here. As a bride, they were always quick to respond to emails and their confidence made wedding planning a breeze!

Profile Picture Gina, 9/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have wished for a better wedding planning experience. Crystal Mountain staff is truly the best! They work so hard to not bring any additional stress to the already stressful and overwhelming wedding planning process by making everything seem seamless and easy.

Profile Picture Anastasiya, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crystal Mountain's staff and wedding coordinators made our wedding an absolute dream. Cannot say enough kind things about Carmen and Samantha, as they were prompt, kind, professional, and very easy to work with. They are super responsive and organized and I could not have planned an out-of-state wedding as smoothly with anyone else!

Profile Picture Katie, 8/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Our son and his new bride's mountain-top wedding could not have been more perfect! The entire Crystal Mountain staff did an outstanding job; the best Coordinators Samantha and Emily, wonderful set-up crew, efficient servers and bartenders, delicious appetizers and dinner, Banquet Captain who was present all evening (I'm sorry her name escapes me at the moment!) and attention to every detail. Also, the chair lift operators were very kind and helpful to those who had never been on a chair lift; they helped make the day even more special and so much fun! Thank you to everyone!!

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are so glad we chose Crystal Mountain for our wedding venue. Every member of the staff was wonderful, and they all worked so hard to make our special day perfect. Our coordinator, Samantha, was very responsive and so helpful. All of our guests loved the mountain top ceremony and the outdoor reception. I would recommend Crystal mountain to anyone in search of a venue for their wedding!

Profile Picture Tara, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don’t know many people that can say that their wedding day went perfectly through rain, but we can. Carmen, Sam, and Emily were amazing to make our day and weekend perfect in every way. I’ll admit, I was not the easiest bride with all my worries and questions, but they were all there along the way to make sure I was at ease. I would recommend Crystal Mountain to anyone that asks- in fact, one of my bridesmaids said that she wanted to have hers there. If that is not a complement, I don’t know what is. All of our guests said we had a perfect wedding weekend and I owe it all to the staff. I had been planning my wedding for two years (all outside) and the day of the wedding it was raining. Sam continued to check the weather for me hourly and give encouragement and reassurance that everything would turn out great- and it did. If anyone is wondering if they should have their wedding here, it is a huge YES from us.

Profile Picture Aubree, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff was wonderful to work with- so accommodating! We had a wonderful time and the wedding went off without a hitch! Thank you Carmen!

Photo for Crystal Mountain Resort Review - Bride and father riding the chair lift to the ceremony!
Profile Picture Sue, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain for your wedding venue! My husband and I recently got married there and it was a perfect "destination" (2 hours away) wedding. Our guests loved being able to ride the chairlift up the mountain to our beautiful ceremony. Our reception area had large windows facing the mountain. The wedding planning process went smoothly with Carmen Kott and Samantha Roelofs. Both were readily available and quick to answer any questions I came across throughout the wedding planning process.

The resort itself is beautiful as well. There are many activities for children and adults to do. Guests enjoyed going to the spa, playing at the water park, and going down the alpine slide.

Profile Picture Erica, 6/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a wonderful experience while planning our wedding day and we could not have asked for a better place or better staff to have our wedding. Everyone was professional and very helpful. If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Crystal Mountain!

Profile Picture amy, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Accommodations, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Crystal Mountain is a beautiful venue! Stephanie was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day thanks to her. The Mountain Top deck has the most amazing view and with the fall colors and the ski lift, it was a ceremony all our guests will never forget. The food was delicious and the staff was so friendly. I wouldn't have changed a thing :)

Profile Picture Lynnaire, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Crystal Mountain was a dream come true! With the help of Carmen, Taylor, Eugene & Stephanie we could have not had such an amazing day. The Crystal Mountain staff is extremely helpful and easy to work with and carried our wedding day to exceed our expectations. Regardless of the rain (typical Michigan weather!) the backup ceremony location and plan was executed flawlessly. I wish we could get married and have Crystal Mountain host our wedding all over again, we can't thank the staff who helped create our event enough. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how well they were cared for during our wedding. Cheers to a beautiful Northern Michigan wedding!

Profile Picture Robyn, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables

We couldn't be more happy with Crystal Mountain. Carmen and Taylor , Gene Houghton and the entire crew that put our daughters wedding together. We weren't able to use the Mountain top for ceremony because of weather but it made no difference. We had a beautiful inside venue connected to Nothern Territories where the reception was held. It was a weekend to remember. All the way to the service we received at the various restaurants , spa , bars! Crystal Mountain is the place to have a seamless wedding!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am extremely happy that we chose Crystal Mountain for our wedding ceremony and reception. We could not have asked for a more spectacular weekend. The ceremony was held at the Mountain Top Deck and the views were breathtaking. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the unique experience of riding the chairlift to the ceremony site. The reception was held in the Northwest Territories at the Crystal Center which allowed our guests to move freely from inside the ballroom to outside on the terrace. In addition, we had a welcome party & campfire and golf outing. All of the staff were very professional and accommodating from the banquet captains to the bartenders to the servers to the recreation department. Working with Carmen, Stephanie and especially Taylor was a dream. They answered all of our questions in a timely manner and were very responsive to our needs and our guests. Thank you Crystal Mountain for giving us such a beautiful wedding weekend!

Profile Picture Cathy, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Crystal Mountain made our wedding an absolute fairy tale and we are so grateful to them and their team! We had our destination wedding at Crystal Mountain in August and it's still all our family and friends can talk about. Stephanie, Carmen, and the rest of the team there is truly the best in the business. My husband and I searched high and low for a venue that would work for us, and I knew Crystal Mountain was it from my first phone call with Carmen. Carmen and Stephanie were both incredibly generous with their time and super responsive. Our guests came from all over the country, 95% were out of state, and we have heard over and over from our family and friends that they plan to go back to Crystal Mountain. The facilities are gorgeous and state of the art. There is something to do for everyone, and the restaurants are terrific. We had a full 4 day wedding weekend there with multiple events (welcome drinks, a golf outing, the wedding and reception, and a farewell brunch) and they knocked it out of the park at every turn. The ceremony site at the Mountain Top was breathtaking - guests LOVED the chairlift and the views - and I can't imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. The reception site at the Pavilion Tent was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch. THANK YOU Crystal Mountain!

Profile Picture Amanda , 8/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I honestly could not have more positive things to say about Crystal Mountain! Carmen, Stephanie, and the entire Crystal Mountain staff were absolutely amazing to work with! We had a gorgeous outdoor August wedding and reception that our guests RAVED about. We spent the entire weekend at the resort celebrating our love with many different events, and it really gave us the most time to spend with all of our friends and family. The beautiful grounds, the food, the staff - everything was on point and perfect! Everyone loved being at the resort for the weekend, and we had the time of our lives at our wedding. It was honestly the BEST DAY (Weekend) EVER and we only wish we could go back and do the whole thing over again!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Tables, Tents, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Shuttle

Stephanie and Carmen were AMAZING! Both women were very professional in every sense of the word. They both were very prompt in response to any of our questions and requests. Both were very thoughtful and their suggestions to make our daughter's wedding SO special was greatly appreciated. We would give them both the highest ratings.

Profile Picture Julie, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our destination wedding. Everyone at Crystal Mountain went above and beyond to make sure all of our guests felt welcomed and taken care of. For the reception itself, the entire staff did an amazing job making sure everything was in order and that our wedding would go exactly as planned. I can't thank the Crystal Mountain staff, especially Carmen Kott and Stephanie Gray, enough for making this day a dream come true for my wife and I.

Profile Picture Chris, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our Daughter' wedding was wonderful from early planning to day-after details. Thank You, Crystal Mountain Staff!!! You helped us make great Memories!!!

Profile Picture Marti, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff was extremely helpful and timely. The food was delicious. They met or exceeded our expectations.
It was the perfect place for our wedding reception.

Profile Picture Deborah, 7/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Barware, Flatware, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up

My husband and I spent over a year working with Crystal Mountain to perfect what we invisioned to be our special day. The team at Crystal Mountain was exceptional and we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful group to create our day.
Not only was the staff great but the food blew our mind! We are still receiving reviews from our guests about that pineapple salmon. Everyone always tells the bride and groom to make sure they eat. Well our plates we polished clean by the time we finished. Our wedding party speeches were a bit lengthy and it pushed our meal service back but you would have never guessed because it was that good. The service was quick and accurate and the waiting staff was so sweet. The bar staff was just ask great! They were quick mixing together our favorite cocktails and they did it with a smile! They were amazing!
My husband and I were also very impressed with the Crystal Mountain chair lift rides. It was the perfect touch for our guests to take a step back and truly appreciate the beauty of Northern Michigan. The staff working the lift was very helpful when I went to sit. If you can imagine sitting on a chair lift in a dress it can be a little intimidating but it worked out perfectly with their assistance.
We can't say enough about the staff. Towards the end of the evening they sis such an amazing job cleaning up. I never looked around and thought man it's a mess. They were so on top of picking things up and clearing tables. We were very impressed. My husband and I also had the opportunity to stay at Crystal Mountain for our wedding night. The room was beautiful and very clean. We were welcomed with a sweet card and bottle of champagne from the staff that melted our hearts.
Overall, we loved our experience with Crystal Mountain. The majority of our wedding was planned with us being hundreds of miles away in midwestern Illinois but the staff at Crystal Mountain made us feel like we were right there in Thompsonville. We feel very blessed.

Profile Picture DeSiree, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely book this venue! The staff is utterly amazing!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Liza, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Crystal Mountain Resort was a gorgeous venue! The grounds were absolutely breathtaking! There were flowers blooming everywhere! The Thistle Pub was the perfect rehearsal spot! The food and service was wonderful! The Turkey/Bacon Panini was SO delicious! We got married on the Mountain Top Deck. Our guests loved riding the chairlift up to our ceremony and so did we! The MountainView Lodge was the perfect reception space for us! It was the perfect size and location. The food and wait staff service at Crystal Mountain was incredible! Everyone LOVED the Reuben Eggrolls!! We only had two small issues: 1) There was a tent partially blocking our mountain view (due to a flood in a different restaurant) and 2) Staff was setting up for a concert immediately after our ceremony. The staff was setting up a bar and seating while we were doing pictures. Other resort guests were using our reception hallway and bathroom (making it a little awkward). We were informed about the tent before we arrived, but we were never informed about the concert. Overall, Crystal Mountain was a great venue! We highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Accommodations, Parking, Shuttle, Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Chairs, Tables, Tents

Crystal Mountain is a venue I would recommend to any engaged couple looking for an up north Michigan wedding! I had the pleasure of working with Julie as my coordinator for Crystal Mountain for my big day. She was absolutely INCREDIBLE to work with! I live a few hours from Crystal and Julie was wonderful to work with whether it was on the phone, countless emails back and forth or one the phone with my mother while I was at work and unable to return calls during business hours. She made it so easy and I felt confident and comfortable going into my wedding weekend. I also had the wonderful pleasure of working with Carmen for all of my beauty and spa needs. Carmen was wonderful in coordinating times and packages for myself and other party members.
Really, my husband and I still smile whenever we think about our wedding weekend. Our friends still say how amazing everything was: from the rooms they stayed in, the staff, overall venue, and how much fun our special day was. Most guests stayed and made a weekend out of it with friends or with families and Crystal Mountain took the time to give information and tips to each person attending our weekend.
I could go on and on about how absolutely wonderful this venue is! I grew up skiing here and I only could dream about getting married here one day and Crystal worked with us to make this happen. At first, the numbers were out of our price range and we were able to work with our package and downgrade some food options to either get a late night snack thrown in or another option work for us to make it possible. Every staff member really tended to all the needs of our guests.
THANK YOU!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Becca, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Accommodations, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens