Crystal Mountain Resort Reviews

57 | Thompsonville, MI

57 Reviews for Crystal Mountain Resort

57 Crystal Mountain Resort Reviews

Mary · Married on 10/05/2018

Crystal Mountain did and excellent job with our daughter's wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. It was everything we expected it would be and the service through the whole process was outstanding. The accommodations that the family stayed in were excellent as well as the housekeeping staff's attentiveness. I would recommend Crystal Mountain for a wedding.

Molly · Married on 09/29/2018

The conferences services and sales team was amazing to work with at Crystal mountain! The backdrop was perfect for the two of us and all of our quests could stay on property! would recommend Crystal mountain to any future bride!

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

Exceptional wedding venue! Both myself and my groom were beyond impressed with both Carmen Kott and Samantha Roelofs customer service and flexibility! There wasn’t much that they, as well as other Crystal Mountain staff said no to when it came to our expectations and making our perfect wedding dreams come true! We are so thankful that we decide to hold our wedding at this venue and you will be too!

Tom · Married on 09/08/2018

As the FOB (Father of Bride) I could not have been happier with Crystal Mountain! Crystal did a great job from start to finish and the people that we worked with, Carmen Kott & Samantha Roelofs, were perfect support. They communicated very well and kept things in line on the budget we had. It was simply the perfect wedding venue and reception for this event.
    Everyone at Crystal was very helpful throughout the entire set up and welcoming our guest to the resort on the day of the wedding. One special note, during the reception my daughter as if I had a tums with me and I did not. The reception 'captain' Sharren Williamson went to the market at Crystal and bought her some antacid stuff that helped the bride a bunch. That was service above and beyond!
    I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain as a great choice for your wedding & reception plans.

Gina · Married on 09/02/2018

The staff at crystal mountain helped with any and all details! I didn’t want to stress out or worry about all of the details and that’s why we chose to have our wedding here. As a bride, they were always quick to respond to emails and their confidence made wedding planning a breeze!

Crystal Mountain Resort 1

Anastasiya · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have wished for a better wedding planning experience. Crystal Mountain staff is truly the best! They work so hard to not bring any additional stress to the already stressful and overwhelming wedding planning process by making everything seem seamless and easy.

Katie · Married on 08/30/2018

Crystal Mountain's staff and wedding coordinators made our wedding an absolute dream. Cannot say enough kind things about Carmen and Samantha, as they were prompt, kind, professional, and very easy to work with. They are super responsive and organized and I could not have planned an out-of-state wedding as smoothly with anyone else!

Kathy · Married on 07/28/2018

Our son and his new bride's mountain-top wedding could not have been more perfect! The entire Crystal Mountain staff did an outstanding job; the best Coordinators Samantha and Emily, wonderful set-up crew, efficient servers and bartenders, delicious appetizers and dinner, Banquet Captain who was present all evening (I'm sorry her name escapes me at the moment!) and attention to every detail. Also, the chair lift operators were very kind and helpful to those who had never been on a chair lift; they helped make the day even more special and so much fun! Thank you to everyone!!

Tara · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I are so glad we chose Crystal Mountain for our wedding venue. Every member of the staff was wonderful, and they all worked so hard to make our special day perfect. Our coordinator, Samantha, was very responsive and so helpful. All of our guests loved the mountain top ceremony and the outdoor reception. I would recommend Crystal mountain to anyone in search of a venue for their wedding!

• Laura

Laura Barnett · Married on 07/14/2018

Crystal Mountain delivered above and beyond what we could have imagined

David and I would like to send our sincerest thank you and the Crystal Mountain team for making our dream wedding a reality. We cannot speak highly enough (but we will here!) about our CM experience from start to finish. From our first tour with Carmen, to our last goodbye with Tony, everything was flawless.

Our event was not an easy event to execute. We had many unique requests and a multi-day event that added complexity - a rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, morning ceremony, afternoon BBQ, and evening reception. Yet with a smile and dedicated problem solving, Crystal Mountain delivered above and beyond what we could have imagined. They even brought us the good weather :)

The thing that stood out most in our experience was the genuine pride each staff member took in their work. It is clear to us that there is a high standard of excellence across the entire Crystal Mountain team -- lodging, dining & catering, transportation, facilities, spa, etc. The positive culture CM has across your entire resort is palpable. The attention to detail and the care and concern for the quality of the experience shined through with every planning call, every email, and every moment of our big weekend.

I would highly recommend having your wedding at Crystal Mountain.

Crystal Mountain Resort 2
    Crystal Mountain Resort 13
    Crystal Mountain Resort 14
    Crystal Mountain Resort 15

Aubree · Married on 06/30/2018

I don’t know many people that can say that their wedding day went perfectly through rain, but we can. Carmen, Sam, and Emily were amazing to make our day and weekend perfect in every way. I’ll admit, I was not the easiest bride with all my worries and questions, but they were all there along the way to make sure I was at ease. I would recommend Crystal Mountain to anyone that asks- in fact, one of my bridesmaids said that she wanted to have hers there. If that is not a complement, I don’t know what is. All of our guests said we had a perfect wedding weekend and I owe it all to the staff. I had been planning my wedding for two years (all outside) and the day of the wedding it was raining. Sam continued to check the weather for me hourly and give encouragement and reassurance that everything would turn out great- and it did. If anyone is wondering if they should have their wedding here, it is a huge YES from us.

Crystal Mountain Resort 16
    Crystal Mountain Resort 17
    Crystal Mountain Resort 18

Sue · Married on 06/29/2018

The entire staff was wonderful to work with- so accommodating! We had a wonderful time and the wedding went off without a hitch! Thank you Carmen!

Crystal Mountain Resort 19

Erica · Married on 06/29/2018

I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain for your wedding venue! My husband and I recently got married there and it was a perfect "destination" (2 hours away) wedding. Our guests loved being able to ride the chairlift up the mountain to our beautiful ceremony. Our reception area had large windows facing the mountain. The wedding planning process went smoothly with Carmen Kott and Samantha Roelofs. Both were readily available and quick to answer any questions I came across throughout the wedding planning process.

The resort itself is beautiful as well. There are many activities for children and adults to do. Guests enjoyed going to the spa, playing at the water park, and going down the alpine slide.

amy · Married on 06/16/2018

We had a wonderful experience while planning our wedding day and we could not have asked for a better place or better staff to have our wedding. Everyone was professional and very helpful. If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Crystal Mountain!

Lynnaire · Married on 10/28/2017

Crystal Mountain is a beautiful venue! Stephanie was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day thanks to her. The Mountain Top deck has the most amazing view and with the fall colors and the ski lift, it was a ceremony all our guests will never forget. The food was delicious and the staff was so friendly. I wouldn't have changed a thing :)

Crystal Mountain Resort 20
    Crystal Mountain Resort 21
    Crystal Mountain Resort 22

Robyn · Married on 10/20/2017

Our wedding at Crystal Mountain was a dream come true! With the help of Carmen, Taylor, Eugene & Stephanie we could have not had such an amazing day. The Crystal Mountain staff is extremely helpful and easy to work with and carried our wedding day to exceed our expectations. Regardless of the rain (typical Michigan weather!) the backup ceremony location and plan was executed flawlessly. I wish we could get married and have Crystal Mountain host our wedding all over again, we can't thank the staff who helped create our event enough. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how well they were cared for during our wedding. Cheers to a beautiful Northern Michigan wedding!

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

We couldn't be more happy with Crystal Mountain. Carmen and Taylor , Gene Houghton and the entire crew that put our daughters wedding together. We weren't able to use the Mountain top for ceremony because of weather but it made no difference. We had a beautiful inside venue connected to Nothern Territories where the reception was held. It was a weekend to remember. All the way to the service we received at the various restaurants , spa , bars! Crystal Mountain is the place to have a seamless wedding!

Crystal Mountain Resort 23

Cathy · Married on 09/02/2017

I am extremely happy that we chose Crystal Mountain for our wedding ceremony and reception. We could not have asked for a more spectacular weekend. The ceremony was held at the Mountain Top Deck and the views were breathtaking. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the unique experience of riding the chairlift to the ceremony site. The reception was held in the Northwest Territories at the Crystal Center which allowed our guests to move freely from inside the ballroom to outside on the terrace. In addition, we had a welcome party & campfire and golf outing. All of the staff were very professional and accommodating from the banquet captains to the bartenders to the servers to the recreation department. Working with Carmen, Stephanie and especially Taylor was a dream. They answered all of our questions in a timely manner and were very responsive to our needs and our guests. Thank you Crystal Mountain for giving us such a beautiful wedding weekend!

Amanda · Married on 08/20/2017

Crystal Mountain made our wedding an absolute fairy tale and we are so grateful to them and their team! We had our destination wedding at Crystal Mountain in August and it's still all our family and friends can talk about. Stephanie, Carmen, and the rest of the team there is truly the best in the business. My husband and I searched high and low for a venue that would work for us, and I knew Crystal Mountain was it from my first phone call with Carmen. Carmen and Stephanie were both incredibly generous with their time and super responsive. Our guests came from all over the country, 95% were out of state, and we have heard over and over from our family and friends that they plan to go back to Crystal Mountain. The facilities are gorgeous and state of the art. There is something to do for everyone, and the restaurants are terrific. We had a full 4 day wedding weekend there with multiple events (welcome drinks, a golf outing, the wedding and reception, and a farewell brunch) and they knocked it out of the park at every turn. The ceremony site at the Mountain Top was breathtaking - guests LOVED the chairlift and the views - and I can't imagine marrying my husband anywhere else. The reception site at the Pavilion Tent was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch. THANK YOU Crystal Mountain!

Lisa · Married on 08/12/2017

I honestly could not have more positive things to say about Crystal Mountain! Carmen, Stephanie, and the entire Crystal Mountain staff were absolutely amazing to work with! We had a gorgeous outdoor August wedding and reception that our guests RAVED about. We spent the entire weekend at the resort celebrating our love with many different events, and it really gave us the most time to spend with all of our friends and family. The beautiful grounds, the food, the staff - everything was on point and perfect! Everyone loved being at the resort for the weekend, and we had the time of our lives at our wedding. It was honestly the BEST DAY (Weekend) EVER and we only wish we could go back and do the whole thing over again!

Julie · Married on 07/29/2017

Stephanie and Carmen were AMAZING! Both women were very professional in every sense of the word. They both were very prompt in response to any of our questions and requests. Both were very thoughtful and their suggestions to make our daughter's wedding SO special was greatly appreciated. We would give them both the highest ratings.

Chris · Married on 07/22/2017

We couldn't have chosen a better venue for our destination wedding. Everyone at Crystal Mountain went above and beyond to make sure all of our guests felt welcomed and taken care of. For the reception itself, the entire staff did an amazing job making sure everything was in order and that our wedding would go exactly as planned. I can't thank the Crystal Mountain staff, especially Carmen Kott and Stephanie Gray, enough for making this day a dream come true for my wife and I.

Marti · Married on 07/16/2017

Our Daughter' wedding was wonderful from early planning to day-after details. Thank You, Crystal Mountain Staff!!! You helped us make great Memories!!!

Joyce · Married on 07/08/2017

Everything was first class, including all the vendors we used. Staff was exceptionally attentive, professional, and we were lucky to have chosen this location for our daughter's wedding. We wish we had the ability to write more so we could name the very exceptional staff that worked with us, which made it a perfect event. Our phone is 231-889-4449 in event anyone wants more specifics. What a perfect day we had at the outdoor pond location for the ceremony, and the way the reception hall was decorated was one of the nicest the resort owner had seen in the 13 years he was there. Thanks again for helping us give our daughter the best we could possibly give her. Your suggestions of contractors for flowers, decorating, and entertainment were better than we could have found on our own. Makes us wish we had another daughter, so we could do it all again!