Crystal Mountain Resort Reviews

Crystal Mountain Resort 6
Crystal Mountain Resort 7

Jilleisa Brianne Jezak · Getting married on 09/21/2019

Wedding Planning with Crystal Mountain

Thus far, working with Crystal Mountain in coordinating our wedding has been fantastic. Their team is extremely responsive, professional, and easy to work with. My fiance and I are planning our wedding from across the country to have it in Michigan where we grew up, and we wouldn't be able to accomplish this without their help.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Chelsea Jawor · Married on 06/29/2019

One million stars!

I would give Crystal a million stars if I could! Every penny was worth it because we had the most perfect day. From the very beginning, Carmen was so helpful and accommodating with getting us booked in! She was wonderful. Then, Stephanie was a rockstar in planning our wedding! Everyone was so accommodating to special requests-and we had a lot! From a special dual plate, to adding in different wines to the packages, they were willing to do whatever it took to make our day special! Even the girl at guest services helped us book some last minute condos when our airbnb didn't have AC! All across the board, I would give Crystal all the praise! The organization, friendliness, professionalism, hospitality, and genuine care for their clients is impeccable. THANK YOU TO CRYSTAL for our dream wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Lauren Decker · Married on 06/15/2019

June 15 wedding

The Crystal Mountain team was amazing! They were so friendly and accommodating. They made planning a wedding as simple as possible and even allowed us to use their wine distributor to get wines that they usually don’t carry.

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Crystal Mountain Resort 11
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Clark · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful!

We had what all couples fear - poor weather leading up to and the day of our outdoor wedding. Crystal’s staff did a fabulous job helping us form a plan in case of poor weather, which we ended up using for our reception. Everyone we worked with was amazing from start to finish!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Jordan G · Married on 02/22/2019

We attended crystal mountain for our wedding weekend. The food was amazing. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Everyone had a great time.

Extremely accommodating and very organized. Everything was ready to go exactly as planned.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Kelly · Married on 10/13/2018

Crystal Mountain has it all from lodging, rehearsal dinner space and ceremony and reception!

We had our entire wedding weekend at Crystal Mountain and it could of not been more perfect! Carmen helped us find the best location for us from the rehearsal dinner, a welcome reception with a bonfire for all our family and friends as well as the ceremony and wedding reception. Samantha was a huge help through the planning process answering any questions we had and both Samantha, Emily and Sharon helped see everything through on the day of to make sure our day was perfect! Our guests loved being able to stay right on-site and the variety of rooming options was great for everyone to pick what was right for them. Thank you to Crystal Mountain for making our wedding weekend the most stress free and fun weekend we could of imagined!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Mary · Married on 10/05/2018

Crystal Mountain did and excellent job with our daughter's wedding rehearsal, ceremony, and reception. It was everything we expected it would be and the service through the whole process was outstanding. The accommodations that the family stayed in were excellent as well as the housekeeping staff's attentiveness. I would recommend Crystal Mountain for a wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Molly · Married on 09/29/2018

The conferences services and sales team was amazing to work with at Crystal mountain! The backdrop was perfect for the two of us and all of our quests could stay on property! would recommend Crystal mountain to any future bride!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/23/2018

Wonderful Venue Attentive Staff

Our guests loved all of the different lodging options. We didn't have time to take advantage of the many activities onsite but there really is something for everyone. The food was incredible. People called us after just to tell us how good the food was. The people we worked with were very attentive and I felt like they truly cared that my experience was great and my day was special.

Sent on 05/25/2019
    Crystal Mountain Resort 16
    Crystal Mountain Resort 17
    Crystal Mountain Resort 18

Brittany · Married on 09/22/2018

Exceptional wedding venue! Both myself and my groom were beyond impressed with both Carmen Kott and Samantha Roelofs customer service and flexibility! There wasn’t much that they, as well as other Crystal Mountain staff said no to when it came to our expectations and making our perfect wedding dreams come true! We are so thankful that we decide to hold our wedding at this venue and you will be too!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Tom · Married on 09/08/2018

As the FOB (Father of Bride) I could not have been happier with Crystal Mountain! Crystal did a great job from start to finish and the people that we worked with, Carmen Kott & Samantha Roelofs, were perfect support. They communicated very well and kept things in line on the budget we had. It was simply the perfect wedding venue and reception for this event.
    Everyone at Crystal was very helpful throughout the entire set up and welcoming our guest to the resort on the day of the wedding. One special note, during the reception my daughter as if I had a tums with me and I did not. The reception 'captain' Sharren Williamson went to the market at Crystal and bought her some antacid stuff that helped the bride a bunch. That was service above and beyond!
    I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain as a great choice for your wedding & reception plans.

Sent on 09/10/2018

Gina · Married on 09/02/2018

The staff at crystal mountain helped with any and all details! I didn’t want to stress out or worry about all of the details and that’s why we chose to have our wedding here. As a bride, they were always quick to respond to emails and their confidence made wedding planning a breeze!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Crystal Mountain Resort 19

Anastasiya · Married on 09/01/2018

We could not have wished for a better wedding planning experience. Crystal Mountain staff is truly the best! They work so hard to not bring any additional stress to the already stressful and overwhelming wedding planning process by making everything seem seamless and easy.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Katie · Married on 08/30/2018

Crystal Mountain's staff and wedding coordinators made our wedding an absolute dream. Cannot say enough kind things about Carmen and Samantha, as they were prompt, kind, professional, and very easy to work with. They are super responsive and organized and I could not have planned an out-of-state wedding as smoothly with anyone else!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kathy · Married on 07/28/2018

Our son and his new bride's mountain-top wedding could not have been more perfect! The entire Crystal Mountain staff did an outstanding job; the best Coordinators Samantha and Emily, wonderful set-up crew, efficient servers and bartenders, delicious appetizers and dinner, Banquet Captain who was present all evening (I'm sorry her name escapes me at the moment!) and attention to every detail. Also, the chair lift operators were very kind and helpful to those who had never been on a chair lift; they helped make the day even more special and so much fun! Thank you to everyone!!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Tara · Married on 07/28/2018

My husband and I are so glad we chose Crystal Mountain for our wedding venue. Every member of the staff was wonderful, and they all worked so hard to make our special day perfect. Our coordinator, Samantha, was very responsive and so helpful. All of our guests loved the mountain top ceremony and the outdoor reception. I would recommend Crystal mountain to anyone in search of a venue for their wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2018
  • Laura

Laura Barnett · Married on 07/14/2018

Crystal Mountain delivered above and beyond what we could have imagined

David and I would like to send our sincerest thank you and the Crystal Mountain team for making our dream wedding a reality. We cannot speak highly enough (but we will here!) about our CM experience from start to finish. From our first tour with Carmen, to our last goodbye with Tony, everything was flawless.

Our event was not an easy event to execute. We had many unique requests and a multi-day event that added complexity - a rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, morning ceremony, afternoon BBQ, and evening reception. Yet with a smile and dedicated problem solving, Crystal Mountain delivered above and beyond what we could have imagined. They even brought us the good weather :)

The thing that stood out most in our experience was the genuine pride each staff member took in their work. It is clear to us that there is a high standard of excellence across the entire Crystal Mountain team -- lodging, dining & catering, transportation, facilities, spa, etc. The positive culture CM has across your entire resort is palpable. The attention to detail and the care and concern for the quality of the experience shined through with every planning call, every email, and every moment of our big weekend.

I would highly recommend having your wedding at Crystal Mountain.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Crystal Mountain Resort 31
    Crystal Mountain Resort 32
    Crystal Mountain Resort 33

Aubree · Married on 06/30/2018

I don’t know many people that can say that their wedding day went perfectly through rain, but we can. Carmen, Sam, and Emily were amazing to make our day and weekend perfect in every way. I’ll admit, I was not the easiest bride with all my worries and questions, but they were all there along the way to make sure I was at ease. I would recommend Crystal Mountain to anyone that asks- in fact, one of my bridesmaids said that she wanted to have hers there. If that is not a complement, I don’t know what is. All of our guests said we had a perfect wedding weekend and I owe it all to the staff. I had been planning my wedding for two years (all outside) and the day of the wedding it was raining. Sam continued to check the weather for me hourly and give encouragement and reassurance that everything would turn out great- and it did. If anyone is wondering if they should have their wedding here, it is a huge YES from us.

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Crystal Mountain Resort 34
    Crystal Mountain Resort 35
    Crystal Mountain Resort 36

Sue · Married on 06/29/2018

The entire staff was wonderful to work with- so accommodating! We had a wonderful time and the wedding went off without a hitch! Thank you Carmen!

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Crystal Mountain Resort 37

Erica · Married on 06/29/2018

I would highly recommend Crystal Mountain for your wedding venue! My husband and I recently got married there and it was a perfect "destination" (2 hours away) wedding. Our guests loved being able to ride the chairlift up the mountain to our beautiful ceremony. Our reception area had large windows facing the mountain. The wedding planning process went smoothly with Carmen Kott and Samantha Roelofs. Both were readily available and quick to answer any questions I came across throughout the wedding planning process.

The resort itself is beautiful as well. There are many activities for children and adults to do. Guests enjoyed going to the spa, playing at the water park, and going down the alpine slide.

Sent on 07/13/2018

amy · Married on 06/16/2018

We had a wonderful experience while planning our wedding day and we could not have asked for a better place or better staff to have our wedding. Everyone was professional and very helpful. If we could do it all over again, we would definitely choose Crystal Mountain!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Lynnaire · Married on 10/28/2017

Crystal Mountain is a beautiful venue! Stephanie was our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day thanks to her. The Mountain Top deck has the most amazing view and with the fall colors and the ski lift, it was a ceremony all our guests will never forget. The food was delicious and the staff was so friendly. I wouldn't have changed a thing :)

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Crystal Mountain Resort 38
    Crystal Mountain Resort 39
    Crystal Mountain Resort 40

Robyn · Married on 10/20/2017

Our wedding at Crystal Mountain was a dream come true! With the help of Carmen, Taylor, Eugene & Stephanie we could have not had such an amazing day. The Crystal Mountain staff is extremely helpful and easy to work with and carried our wedding day to exceed our expectations. Regardless of the rain (typical Michigan weather!) the backup ceremony location and plan was executed flawlessly. I wish we could get married and have Crystal Mountain host our wedding all over again, we can't thank the staff who helped create our event enough. Our guests are still raving about how much fun they had and how well they were cared for during our wedding. Cheers to a beautiful Northern Michigan wedding!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Julie · Married on 10/14/2017

We couldn't be more happy with Crystal Mountain. Carmen and Taylor , Gene Houghton and the entire crew that put our daughters wedding together. We weren't able to use the Mountain top for ceremony because of weather but it made no difference. We had a beautiful inside venue connected to Nothern Territories where the reception was held. It was a weekend to remember. All the way to the service we received at the various restaurants , spa , bars! Crystal Mountain is the place to have a seamless wedding!

Sent on 10/17/2017