14 Reviews for Crystal Lake Catering Co.

Buffet (4)
House Liquor (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
14 Crystal Lake Catering Co. Reviews

My favorite caterer to work with. Stellar presentation overall. Jim brings passion to food. Always mouth watering in my view.

Robert Bushway Photography

Profile Picture Robert, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Jim and his team at Crystal Lake Catering did a fantastic job catering our wedding a few weeks back. We did a bbq style buffet for 175 people, and everyone absolutely raved about the food! That's hard to do with a buffet and serving for that many people, and we really appreciated all of Crystal Lake's hard work, professionalism, and fantastic food / drinks / service! They also bartended for us and did an excellent job. Jim was communicative and flexible as our wedding plans evolved, and everything ran smoothly on the day-of. I would highly recommend him and the Crystal Lake Catering team for any event! Thank you Jim & Crystal Lake Catering!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Jim did a great job of working with us on the perfect menu that matched our budget for a 75 person wedding. The food was outstanding, and his staff was wonderful and very efficient. I would highly recommend these folks.

Profile Picture Anne, 9/17/16, 1 Review
4.7

We had a smaller picnic-type wedding, and the food Crystal Lake Catering provided (bbq beef brisket, chicken, beans, coleslaw, salad) was some of the best food I've ever had at a wedding. The staff were timely, professional and friendly. I would definitely recommend booking them for your event!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Vegetarian, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet

Jim and his staff were professional, friendly, and very knowledgeable. They created an amazing meal that blew our guests away. Everything was set up beautifully and in a very timely manor and at the end of the night everything was taken down with the same haste and gracefulness. The bar staff was very prompt and friendly and keep the crowd happy all night. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or better food and service. Crystal Lake Catering really exceeded our expectations and made our wedding day a very memorable one.

Profile Picture Kyle, 8/27/16, 1 Review
4.7

CLC Company did an amazing job catering my wedding! It was supposed to be an outdoor wedding, but it downpoured and the tent flooded. They were extremely flexible on set-up and created a great backup plan. I would recommend them, my guests are still talking about the food!

Profile Picture User7280337, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Jim and his team did a great job catering my wedding! It was supposed to be an outdoor weather but rained and they were so flexible on moving inside or outside and making the night run smoothly.

Profile Picture User7321419, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.1

Food was fantastic. There were a couple late adjustments to the menu, but nothing to the detriment of the meal. Appetizers were beautiful and (I hear) totally delicious. Dinner did start just a bit late and owner was hesitant to make timeline changes, but he came around and everything was wonderful. In terms of value, presentation, taste...I would definitely choose Crystal Lake again.

Profile Picture Sarah , 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Premium Liquor, House Liquor, Specialty Beer, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Mediterranean, Southwestern

Jim and his crew were very friendly and professional. Working from out-of-state can be challenging and Jim spent all the time I need on the phone and via e-mail ironing out details and accommodating my requests. The food was delicious; presentation was great. I would highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We chose Jim Barnes and the Crystal Lake Catering Company to cater for a 100 year Cottagers' Celebration on Crystal Lake in the summer of 2016. The staff, Jim Barnes and the food were all fabulous. The set up, service and attention to detail by the staff, the food presentation and quality were all superb. I highly recommend using Crystal Lake Catering for a special event and look forward to another opportunity to work with them.
The key for the event is to Plan way ahead. Crystal Lake Catering is very busy during the season. Meet face to face early and book an on-sight visit. Give well written notes and efficiently use Jim's well written timeline. Communication through email and being organized yourself is an important key! Belinda McPherson

Profile Picture User7321116, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)

Jim was fantastic to work with. I wanted a unique menu for my wedding (fava beans with almonds, shredded cabbage, carrot, mint salad, quinoa with roasted beets and goat cheese, cherry pie, etc.). Not only was he open to all my ideas but then he nailed them the night of. The food was absolutely delicious and everyone still mentions it when our wedding comes up. Many thanks to the Crystal Lake Catering Co.!

Profile Picture User7293388, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Crystal Lake Catering did a phenomenal job with our daughter's wedding!

Profile Picture lynda, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We chose to hire The Crystal Lake Catering Company because we have known and followed the owner, Jim Barnes for twenty years as a restaurateur. He has always prepared the best quality food even when he was just 23 years old as the new owner of Northern Delights Cafe, Bakery and Deli 25 years ago. Not only is her very thorough and but he is passionate, creative and careful. It shows in everything that is served; from each plated dinner to his beautiful display of Elberta Farmer's Market fresh vegetable platters. If you want the best food at your wedding reception, Crystal Lake Catering is the company that you want to hire. Have a great day!

Profile Picture User5592039, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Willing to work via phone routinely for out-of-town bride and groom! Jim Barnes worked with our budget and wedding day schedule and met with us as needed prior to the date. We loved the food at our wedding for 150 people. Many compliments from guests after the event too. We'd do it again with Crystal Lake Catering in a heartbeat! Thanks.

Profile Picture User5602506, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Middle Eastern, Southern, Buffet, Stations, Hors d'oeuvres, Lactose Free, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine