Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

Crystal Genes Photography 5
Crystal Genes Photography 6
Crystal Genes Photography 7

Denise · Married on 06/28/2009

I am so happy that we decided to to use Crystal Genes Photography for our wedding! I don't know if our day could have been captured any better! Thank you so much Crystal!

Sent on 11/25/2009

Elaine · Married on 06/27/2009

Crystal was amazing!!!! She is so original, and really takes the time to capture who you really are in your photos! We truly enjoy all of our photos and plan on cherishing them for many years to come!

Sent on 11/08/2009

Sarah · Married on 06/05/2009

Both Crystal and Ben were so awesome for my wedding. I had a difficult reception location (an aquarium) and was worried how the pictures would turn out with such low lighting, but my photographs are amazing! They really captured the feeling and spirit of my wedding day. She was so understading about last-minute changes we made to the ceremony site (due to a chace of rain) and was so patient with all the chaos going on during the reception. Crystal was also very informative and responsive to my questions leading up to the wedding and after the wedding. I will defiately ask for her services for any photography needs I have in the future. My husband and I could not be happier with the results or the service she provided. A+++++++++!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2009

Katrin · Married on 05/23/2009

Crystal and her assistant Ben did an amazing job with their pictures. They did a complimentary engagement session with us, the wedding in Blowing Rock followed and then two days later we had an awesome "Trash the dress/tux session" at Lake Gaston (Warren County). They were both very professional. At the wedding, we did not even notice them, but they captured every moment. I don't even remember all the details which I can now see on the photos. When scheduling our sessions, they were very flexible and patient. They were willing to travel with us across the state. She always returned our phone calls and we got our pictures shortly after the sessions. We never got impatient waiting for them, it was so fast. They responded immediately to our ideas and made them reality. They assisted us when we had questions and gave us creative input.
    We did the engagement session with our dogs. Ben and Crystal were so patient with our dogs and us. We all had to learn how to act in front of the camera. The pictures were taken at sunrise on the Blue Ridge Parkway...Gorgeous!
    Our wedding was unique and very untraditional (of course our dogs were in the ceremony) and the pictures display exactly this flair. Crystal even captured the moment of my strap popping off my dress shortly before we put on our rings and the cake in the trash can (why in the world would a caterer throw away wedding cake?). All our guests are in one or another picture. Crystal and Ben did this amazing job even without directions of us because we had decided not to have a clear time-line at our wedding. The pictures display the joy and beauty of this day. We could not ask for better memories.
    Our "Trash the dress/tux session" was great. I had never heard of that before, but Crystal talked with me about it and I was immediately convinced after seeing the pictures of a bride swimming under a waterfall. You can see those pictures in her portfolio on her website. These kind of sessions are meant to be fun and different. It is not necessarily about destroying the dress...it could be however. We went to the lake where my spouse's grandparents have a house. We borrowed a jet ski and took some pictures together, I climbed up the antenna pole, jumped off the pier, and went swimming. It is much easier to swim in a wedding dress than I would have thought it is and so much fun. My spouse is a fantastic water-skier, so he did that. After all the wedding preparation stress this session was exactly what we needed. Crystal and Ben encouraged us to have fun and do whatever we felt like. I believe that during this session they took the best portray picture of me that anyone has ever taken. If you are still not convinced about doing such a session, my dress is still alive: it was only water and it pearled right off. I needed to get it cleaned anyway. Crystal is THE photographer to do a session like that with. I am already planning another one for next year when I turn 30.
    Now we look at the pictures and just know that our decision was absolutely right: we could not have gotten any better photographers. Crystal and Ben are talented, professional, creative, reliable and very accessible photographers. And you really need people like them to capture this important day.

Sent on 06/02/2009

McKenzie · Married on 05/19/2007

Our wedding was the best day of our lives (thus far) and we had so many wonderful emotions and feelings during the day that it was almost a surreal out of body experience. When we look back at the images that Crystal captured, it makes it an inner body experience and we feel all of those feelings and emotions again. What I'm trying to say is, there was so much happening, that half of the day flew by in a blur that I barely had a second to absorb. Sitting down to look at the pictures, we remember so much more and can really see the feelings and emotions that not only we exprienced but also those that the guests were experiencing with us. Crystal was unobtrusive and blended in with the day. Many of the pictures we love, we didn't even know she was there taking! And every time we show the albums to our family, so many more stories come up that happened during the day to really take us back and relive the moments. From the moment we met Crystal, we knew that she had the skills, understanding, and personality to really capture what was important to us. She was always at hand for any questions we had to make sure everything was in order for the big day. She helped to make sure our timeline was organized and that all the shots we wanted before the ceremony would be captured. She made working with her seem more like a personal friendship rather than a stiff business relationship. We would hire her again in a second and can't wait to have her photograph our children (when we get there!). Two words... book her!

-McKenzie & Nick

Sent on 03/30/2009

sara · Married on 09/26/2009

Crystal's pictures were amazing. They were a rare mixture of: quality, style, creativity, and professionalism. From the beginning, she was thinking, working and taking pictures of us with such creativity and tenacity; she succesfully photographed all aspects of the wedding - from the beginning more formal pictures to the dance party. We are forever grateful for her hard work.

Sent on 10/18/2009

T · Married on 05/05/2017

3.5

Great job. Provided a great service for a very fair cost. Crystal is very easy to work with and has a passion for photography and perfection. The shots turned out great.

Sent on 01/13/2009