Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

65 | Portland, OR

65 Reviews for Crystal Genes Photography

Amanda Robichaux · Married on 12/28/2019

Super easy going and organized

Working with Crystal was super easy. She was available to us over the phone and by email since we had a destination-like wedding. She helped us with our schedule. Day of she was organized and got all the shots we wanted and more. She even got the little 3 and 5 year old flower girls to cooperate.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Rebecca Keithley · Married on 12/13/2019

Holiday portraits

Crystal does a great job of making her clients feel comfortable behind the camera. Her photos always come out better than I could have imagined. I have used her for many events and portrait sessions and would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Sara

Sara Smith · Married on 11/30/2019

Guaranteed Genius

My fiancé and I used Crystal for our engagement photos. Neither of us are very comfortable in front of a camera, but Crystal made the experience painless for us. The outcome was phenomenal. I’ve seen a thousand pictures taken at the waterfront in Charleston. Hers made us feel like our love is one of a kind.

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Bruen · Married on 09/21/2019

Engagement photos

Crystal has great vision (artistically, if not opthamologically), and is very nice and easy to work with!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Clemena Berry · Married on 08/26/2019

Very personable yet professional.

We had the chance to work with Crystal last summer for our wedding. When I sent her my very first email, she responded so quickly. Everything went smooth from there. She made accommodations and suggestions that were nothing but great. She was so easy to work with from start to finish. Our pre-wedding and wedding photos turned out amazing. And to think, I don’t really like looking at myself in pictures. The days leading up to the wedding, she was in constant contact with us to ensure everything will go smoothly on the day of. And the last minute changes didn’t bother her at all. I have recommended Crystal and will continue to recommend her do the great work that she does.

Sent on 12/26/2019

Nikole · Married on 08/03/2019

Exceeded Expectations

I don't know where to begin. Crystal is a wonderful photographer and person. She is professional, yet so personal! Once you finish your engagement session, she already feels like a friend. She's able to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and her direction is easy to follow. That is for all the portrait photos and engagement session. As of the day of the wedding, I can only call her Ninja Photographer. She got many candid shots and we didn't even know she was there. I don't know how she was in so many places at once. All the pictures she took were edited and ready for us faster than I thought they would be. I've heard of people waiting months for their pictures, not even close with Crystal. She obviously loves what she does and it shows. I, the bride, was tired of taking pictures way before she was done. Hahaha! I highly recommend Crystal Genes Photography. I would definitely hire her again. In fact, I'll be keeping an eye out for her mini sessions in the future!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Connie & Russ Mcmillen · Married on 08/02/2019

Excellent, she was great and worked with our busy schedules

Crystal was awesome, we loved our photos❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela Zemp · Married on 09/28/2018

Crystal blew our minds!!! She was absolutely amazing and her work is something we will treasure for life!!!

Crystal absolutely blew our minds. She was incredibly professional and made the whole experience easy and unique. Her photos will be timeless family treasures. I would give her 100 stars if I could!

Jessika · Married on 09/01/2018

The Perfect Photographer for Your Perfect Day

Hiring Crystal to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She beautifully captured our day, the little moments and the big. Crystal was professional, creative, responsive, and compassionate. She photographed our day in the style we wanted, made sure we were comfortable and having fun with the shots, and delivered the story of our wedding perfectly. Crystal surpassed all expectations and we never hesitate to recommend her!

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

Crystal is the best, would recommend her in a heartbeat

We've known Crystal since she's been in Portland and absolutely love her. Any time a friend asks for a photographer recommendation she's my first and only recommendation - whether its weddings, family portraits, or head shots. She does an amazing job capturing candid moments and makes you feel so comfortable throughout the process. She's got a great eye for what will and won't work and is just a delight to work with. Crystal was really flexible with us to make sure our wedding photography package covered all of the things we wanted without pressuring us for more. She took the time to figure out what shots were important to us, and we definitely benefited from her wealth of wedding expertise (she made some very helpful suggestions to our timeline). I still get compliments about how beautifully our photos turned out. Absolutely wouldn't change a thing

Ethan Chen · Married on 08/18/2018

Great photographer

We really enjoyed working with Crystal Genes. She was extremely responsive right from the start. We filled out a short questionnaire so she can get to know us better, and when we arrived for the complimentary "test" shoot, she remembered all the details from the answers.

The test shoot provides us another opportunity to get to know each other better. On the wedding day itself, she arrived a little early to set up, and went beyond the standard wedding shots and got creative with her framing and shot selection.

We really enjoyed working with Crystal and highly recommend her for an engagement shoot or a wedding.

Jovita Wang · Married on 08/18/2018

Everything you want for a photographer!

Crystal was amazing! Very easy to work with. Quick turnaround, good communication, awesome pictures, and very reasonable prices!

Valerie · Married on 08/17/2018

Crystal is incredibly talented and absolutely wonderful to work with. I could not have been more happy with my wedding photos and my engagement photos. I highly recommend her for your wedding or any other event. She’s very creative and has an amazing skill for capturing expressions. And besides being a phenomenal photographer she’s also a fantastic human being, and truly a great person all around. Book her now :)

Sent on 09/25/2018

Brooke · Married on 07/27/2018

Wedding Photography

Crystal is great and her photographs of our wedding were fantastic. Our photos came back very quickly and were all beautiful! We would definitely recommend Crystal and work with her again!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 07/21/2018

Excellent experience with Crystal Gene's Photography!

We had our wedding in early October this year and really can't say enough great things about Crystal and Crystal Gene's Photography! Crystal was so wonderful to work with on every level. She was prompt, thorough, and all with a lovely calm demeanor which is a perfect contrast to the craziness of the big day.

From the start of our engagement with Crystal, her communication was fantastic. She even sent us several helpful reminders as the day approached to help us prepare. So wonderful since she has done many weddings but this of course was my first! So the helpful hints were really valuable and covered things we might have forgotten otherwise.

Her rates were reasonable and we were so pleased with the final result. Her photos are beautiful and captured the magic of our special event perfectly. The engagement session that was included gave us a chance to get more comfortable in front of the camera and to get to know Crystal and her working style.

All in all, would 100% recommend Crystal Gene's Photography. Super pro, super easy to work with. And gorgeous photos!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Terisa · Married on 11/04/2017

Crystal is phenomenal! Every photo she took is perfect - she captured all the details of our day, our personalities and the love we felt! Her photos don't just capture memories, they tell a story. She suggested photos I wouldn't have thought of, kept the moms calm and everyone on schedule. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She also helped develop the day of timeline with the coordinator to keep everything on schedule and running smoothly. A true professional through and through!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

Crystal was absolutely amazing and she captured our day perfectly! She worked her magic and now we have wonderful photos to last a lifetime!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

Crystal is very talented, and we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos!! Her pre-planning process, professionalism, and friendly personality make her a 5-star photographer!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Veronica · Married on 09/09/2017

Crystal was fabulous. She put us both at ease and helped us feel natural while in front of the camera. All our guests commented on how the photos really captured the happiness of the day. She had great recommendations about timing for best sunlight and picked out some great spots for our photos. Crystal designed a package that fit in our budget and was flexible when we ended up asking her to stay longer than originally agreed.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/25/2017

We felt so lucky to get to work with Crystal. She did an excellent job and we were so happy!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Gretchen · Married on 06/18/2017

Crystal captured more about our day than I could have imagined possible. Her gentle suggestions were beyond helpful and she has some kind of magic ability to be practically invisible and yet present in 5 places at the same time! The colors and emotions she sees and photographs are my favorite memories of our wedding day. She's DEFINITELY the kind of person you want around your family and friends during intimate and special times! She is friendly and she gives great direction- and is not overbearing at all! We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and the pictures we now have forever!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2016

Crystal captured all the important elements of our wedding day. We were much more interested in capturing the moments that happened, rather than just posing for all the traditional photos. Her sharp eye and creativity delivered photos that were beyond our expectations. I am so happy she was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. Take the time to meet with her and view her portfolio. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Lori · Married on 09/03/2016

She is very professional, warm, easy to work with, and her pictures are amazing. The price she charges is surprisingly reasonable, and I couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out. (pictures are very important, no matter what people say.)

Sent on 09/28/2016
  • Esther Cunningham

Esther · Married on 08/27/2016

Crystal was absolutely AMAZING! This young gal is very talented and professional on every level. Our weather here in Oregon isn't always the best and when I had to reschedule time and time again for our engagement photos she was very understanding and flexible. She knew how to coach us nervous birds during our engagement photos and get us in our comfort zone as both of us had never really been in front of a camera before! For our wedding she was on time (early I believe!), got right to work and stepped in when my setup crew slacked. Her prices are great - can't compete anywhere else, I say! Thank you so much Crystal for making our wedding day a beautiful day of our lives to remember always!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2016

Through wind, rain, and coorporate weirdos (long story), Crystal still did a stellar job. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/14/2016