Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Kelsi
    Kelsi P. Married on 01/23/2022

Great Pictures!

We were introduced to her through Weddings on the Hill, she was very nice and was able to direct us because we are a little bit awkward at times. On the big day, she let us do our own thing and she helped me recreate a picture (which was awesome) She was awesome and great and everything in between!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth F. Married on 10/01/2021

Amazing Photographer!

We found Crystal through a contest she was holding, and we can't express how lucky/happy we did. Almost instantly we clicked with Crystal, and felt comfortable with her. She was able to capture so many perfect moments...words cannot describe how grateful we are to have had Crystal as our photographer. We are beyond thrilled with our photos, our experiences, and cannot wait to hire her again for life's next big adventures. If you are looking for someone to capture the best moments, hire Crystal Genes. You won't be disappointed.
  • Samella
    Samella R. Married on 09/18/2021

Amazing and quick

LOVED my experience with Crystal. We were super comfortable with her and how she directed us. She was slo SUPER patient with our dogs. Would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone. And she was super fast after the shoot with her re touching and delivering!
  • Brad
    Brad E. Married on 08/12/2021

Calming presence

Crystal was extremely kind, helpful, and calming. There was a lot going on that day, and she made the pictures stress free, and was a positive addition to the atmosphere. The pictures and video are beautiful. I can't recommend enough
  • Jenny
    Jenny Married on 08/08/2021

Crystal is extraordinary!

What originally drew me to Crystal was that she was the only photographer I found in Oregon who specializes in colorful photography. All of the other photographers I looked into either muted or over saturated the colors of their photos. Crystal appreciates the beauty in natural colors and provides photos that match the already beautiful colors we see with our own eyes. Crystal was amazing to work with. She was kind, patient, and understanding. My husband and I are normally awkward and shy, but she made us feel so comfortable throughout our whole elopement. She really captured every special moment. We received countless compliments on our photos. Everyone said they were magical!
    Krista M. Married on 07/24/2021

Top notch!

Crystal was the perfect photographer for our wedding. Every time i look at my photos I’m transported back to the best day of my life. I cannot thank her enough. I’m obsessed with my photos and can’t stop looking at them. Two thumbs up and would absolutely recommend others to use Crystal in the future.
    Julianna R. Married on 07/17/2021

Beyond my wildest expectations!

Crystal was truly the most amazing photographer. She took the lead as I requested, was barely seen by any guests and somehow managed to get all of the moments, shots and angles. She painted a creative picture for her vision for us and executed it professionally and with grace the whole evening. These photos are WOW 🤩! Also, she extended her stay as I didn’t schedule enough time!
  • Hannah
    Hannah W. Married on 07/07/2021

Super fun and took amazing photos!

I am very please with crystal and her photos! She is amazing and super fun to work with. She was kind and got pictures of everything, she even got amazing specific photos that I had requested. If she didn’t get it perfect the first time she had us pose again and continued taking photos until they were perfect. I would highly recommend her! She also gave us the photos in black and white too!
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 05/15/2021

Easy to work with and thoughtful.

First time meeting Crystal for pictures and honestly, we were impressed. She was willing to listen to our opinions and thoughts and was easy to work with.
    Rebecca K. Married on 12/20/2020

Crystal Gene's Photography - Can't recommend enough

Crystal, was the utmost professional. Not only did she arrange for a last minute wedding, she arrived prepared, had thought of every last detail, took shots and made recommendations that i never knew I needed. That is why she IS THE expert. We couldn't have been happier with the package and services, her crisp communications, her ability to seamlessly integrate w/ our family in a very intimate private residential wedding in covid. She fit right in. My Fiancé absolutely LOVED her low key style which helped two very unphotogenic people end up with some GREAT shots in what has been a long "aging" year. Wrt communications and deliverables, she has gone above and beyond during the Christmas holiday to provide us our photos so we had to share with family, since so many were not in attendance. She has respected our wishes when it came to social media and that meant everything to my very private husband. Her blog immediately post wedding was an special sweet extra that will forever be cherished.
    As someone who works at a Fortune100 in sales and value sthe customer experience, Crystal is the epitome of Customer centric and we genuinely will forever appreciate and value her role in our "forever and finally" wedding in a hard year for all. Happy to offer a reference for Crystal personally and in detail at an time. She is a keeper and has an eye for catching the special unique photos that any family or couple will love and cherish for years to come.
    Swati G. Married on 06/29/2020

Amazing photography

Crystal did an amazing job on our wedding..
    Amanda R. Married on 12/28/2019

Super easy going and organized

Working with Crystal was super easy. She was available to us over the phone and by email since we had a destination-like wedding. She helped us with our schedule. Day of she was organized and got all the shots we wanted and more. She even got the little 3 and 5 year old flower girls to cooperate.
    Rebecca K. Married on 12/13/2019

Holiday portraits

Crystal does a great job of making her clients feel comfortable behind the camera. Her photos always come out better than I could have imagined. I have used her for many events and portrait sessions and would highly recommend her for any event!
  • Sara
    Sara S. Married on 11/30/2019

Guaranteed Genius

My fiancé and I used Crystal for our engagement photos. Neither of us are very comfortable in front of a camera, but Crystal made the experience painless for us. The outcome was phenomenal. I’ve seen a thousand pictures taken at the waterfront in Charleston. Hers made us feel like our love is one of a kind.
  • Michelle
    Michelle E. Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing photographer!

Crystal just knows how to capture people - I have worked with her multiple times now and won't ever use a different photographer.
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 09/21/2019

Engagement photos

Crystal has great vision (artistically, if not opthamologically), and is very nice and easy to work with!
  • Cheryl
    Cheryl C. Married on 08/26/2019

Very personable yet professional.

We had the chance to work with Crystal last summer for our wedding. When I sent her my very first email, she responded so quickly. Everything went smooth from there. She made accommodations and suggestions that were nothing but great. She was so easy to work with from start to finish. Our pre-wedding and wedding photos turned out amazing. And to think, I don’t really like looking at myself in pictures. The days leading up to the wedding, she was in constant contact with us to ensure everything will go smoothly on the day of. And the last minute changes didn’t bother her at all. I have recommended Crystal and will continue to recommend her do the great work that she does.
    Nikole Married on 08/03/2019

Exceeded Expectations

I don't know where to begin. Crystal is a wonderful photographer and person. She is professional, yet so personal! Once you finish your engagement session, she already feels like a friend. She's able to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and her direction is easy to follow. That is for all the portrait photos and engagement session. As of the day of the wedding, I can only call her Ninja Photographer. She got many candid shots and we didn't even know she was there. I don't know how she was in so many places at once. All the pictures she took were edited and ready for us faster than I thought they would be. I've heard of people waiting months for their pictures, not even close with Crystal. She obviously loves what she does and it shows. I, the bride, was tired of taking pictures way before she was done. Hahaha! I highly recommend Crystal Genes Photography. I would definitely hire her again. In fact, I'll be keeping an eye out for her mini sessions in the future!
    Connie R. Married on 08/02/2019

Excellent, she was great and worked with our busy schedules

Crystal was awesome, we loved our photos❤️❤️❤️
  • Pamela
    Pamela Z. Married on 09/28/2018

Crystal blew our minds!!! She was absolutely amazing and her work is something we will treasure for life!!!

Crystal absolutely blew our minds. She was incredibly professional and made the whole experience easy and unique. Her photos will be timeless family treasures. I would give her 100 stars if I could!
    Jessika Married on 09/01/2018

The Perfect Photographer for Your Perfect Day

Hiring Crystal to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She beautifully captured our day, the little moments and the big. Crystal was professional, creative, responsive, and compassionate. She photographed our day in the style we wanted, made sure we were comfortable and having fun with the shots, and delivered the story of our wedding perfectly. Crystal surpassed all expectations and we never hesitate to recommend her!
    Lauren Married on 08/25/2018

Crystal is the best, would recommend her in a heartbeat

We've known Crystal since she's been in Portland and absolutely love her. Any time a friend asks for a photographer recommendation she's my first and only recommendation - whether its weddings, family portraits, or head shots. She does an amazing job capturing candid moments and makes you feel so comfortable throughout the process. She's got a great eye for what will and won't work and is just a delight to work with. Crystal was really flexible with us to make sure our wedding photography package covered all of the things we wanted without pressuring us for more. She took the time to figure out what shots were important to us, and we definitely benefited from her wealth of wedding expertise (she made some very helpful suggestions to our timeline). I still get compliments about how beautifully our photos turned out. Absolutely wouldn't change a thing
    Ethan C. Married on 08/18/2018

Great photographer

We really enjoyed working with Crystal Genes. She was extremely responsive right from the start. We filled out a short questionnaire so she can get to know us better, and when we arrived for the complimentary "test" shoot, she remembered all the details from the answers.

The test shoot provides us another opportunity to get to know each other better. On the wedding day itself, she arrived a little early to set up, and went beyond the standard wedding shots and got creative with her framing and shot selection.

We really enjoyed working with Crystal and highly recommend her for an engagement shoot or a wedding.
    Jovita W. Married on 08/18/2018

Everything you want for a photographer!

Crystal was amazing! Very easy to work with. Quick turnaround, good communication, awesome pictures, and very reasonable prices!
    Valerie Married on 08/17/2018
    Crystal is incredibly talented and absolutely wonderful to work with. I could not have been more happy with my wedding photos and my engagement photos. I highly recommend her for your wedding or any other event. She’s very creative and has an amazing skill for capturing expressions. And besides being a phenomenal photographer she’s also a fantastic human being, and truly a great person all around. Book her now :)