Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

Crystal Genes Photography 6
Crystal Genes Photography 7
  • Pamela

Pamela Zemp · Married on 09/28/2018

Crystal blew our minds!!! She was absolutely amazing and her work is something we will treasure for life!!!

Crystal absolutely blew our minds. She was incredibly professional and made the whole experience easy and unique. Her photos will be timeless family treasures. I would give her 100 stars if I could!

Crystal Genes Photography 8

Jessika · Married on 09/01/2018

The Perfect Photographer for Your Perfect Day

Hiring Crystal to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She beautifully captured our day, the little moments and the big. Crystal was professional, creative, responsive, and compassionate. She photographed our day in the style we wanted, made sure we were comfortable and having fun with the shots, and delivered the story of our wedding perfectly. Crystal surpassed all expectations and we never hesitate to recommend her!

Crystal Genes Photography 9
    Crystal Genes Photography 20
    Crystal Genes Photography 21
    Crystal Genes Photography 22

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

Crystal is the best, would recommend her in a heartbeat

We've known Crystal since she's been in Portland and absolutely love her. Any time a friend asks for a photographer recommendation she's my first and only recommendation - whether its weddings, family portraits, or head shots. She does an amazing job capturing candid moments and makes you feel so comfortable throughout the process. She's got a great eye for what will and won't work and is just a delight to work with. Crystal was really flexible with us to make sure our wedding photography package covered all of the things we wanted without pressuring us for more. She took the time to figure out what shots were important to us, and we definitely benefited from her wealth of wedding expertise (she made some very helpful suggestions to our timeline). I still get compliments about how beautifully our photos turned out. Absolutely wouldn't change a thing

Crystal Genes Photography 23

Ethan Chen · Married on 08/18/2018

Great photographer

We really enjoyed working with Crystal Genes. She was extremely responsive right from the start. We filled out a short questionnaire so she can get to know us better, and when we arrived for the complimentary "test" shoot, she remembered all the details from the answers.

The test shoot provides us another opportunity to get to know each other better. On the wedding day itself, she arrived a little early to set up, and went beyond the standard wedding shots and got creative with her framing and shot selection.

We really enjoyed working with Crystal and highly recommend her for an engagement shoot or a wedding.

Jovita Wang · Married on 08/18/2018

Everything you want for a photographer!

Crystal was amazing! Very easy to work with. Quick turnaround, good communication, awesome pictures, and very reasonable prices!

Valerie · Married on 08/17/2018

Crystal is incredibly talented and absolutely wonderful to work with. I could not have been more happy with my wedding photos and my engagement photos. I highly recommend her for your wedding or any other event. She’s very creative and has an amazing skill for capturing expressions. And besides being a phenomenal photographer she’s also a fantastic human being, and truly a great person all around. Book her now :)

Brooke · Married on 07/27/2018

Wedding Photography

Crystal is great and her photographs of our wedding were fantastic. Our photos came back very quickly and were all beautiful! We would definitely recommend Crystal and work with her again!

• Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 07/21/2018

Excellent experience with Crystal Gene's Photography!

We had our wedding in early October this year and really can't say enough great things about Crystal and Crystal Gene's Photography! Crystal was so wonderful to work with on every level. She was prompt, thorough, and all with a lovely calm demeanor which is a perfect contrast to the craziness of the big day.

From the start of our engagement with Crystal, her communication was fantastic. She even sent us several helpful reminders as the day approached to help us prepare. So wonderful since she has done many weddings but this of course was my first! So the helpful hints were really valuable and covered things we might have forgotten otherwise.

Her rates were reasonable and we were so pleased with the final result. Her photos are beautiful and captured the magic of our special event perfectly. The engagement session that was included gave us a chance to get more comfortable in front of the camera and to get to know Crystal and her working style.

All in all, would 100% recommend Crystal Gene's Photography. Super pro, super easy to work with. And gorgeous photos!

Terisa · Married on 11/04/2017

Crystal is phenomenal! Every photo she took is perfect - she captured all the details of our day, our personalities and the love we felt! Her photos don't just capture memories, they tell a story. She suggested photos I wouldn't have thought of, kept the moms calm and everyone on schedule. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She also helped develop the day of timeline with the coordinator to keep everything on schedule and running smoothly. A true professional through and through!

Crystal Genes Photography 24
    Crystal Genes Photography 29
    Crystal Genes Photography 30
    Crystal Genes Photography 31

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

Crystal was absolutely amazing and she captured our day perfectly! She worked her magic and now we have wonderful photos to last a lifetime!

Crystal Genes Photography 32

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

Crystal is very talented, and we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos!! Her pre-planning process, professionalism, and friendly personality make her a 5-star photographer!

Crystal Genes Photography 33

Veronica · Married on 09/09/2017

Crystal was fabulous. She put us both at ease and helped us feel natural while in front of the camera. All our guests commented on how the photos really captured the happiness of the day. She had great recommendations about timing for best sunlight and picked out some great spots for our photos. Crystal designed a package that fit in our budget and was flexible when we ended up asking her to stay longer than originally agreed.

Crystal Genes Photography 34

Crystal · Married on 07/25/2017

We felt so lucky to get to work with Crystal. She did an excellent job and we were so happy!

Crystal Genes Photography 35

Gretchen · Married on 06/18/2017

Crystal captured more about our day than I could have imagined possible. Her gentle suggestions were beyond helpful and she has some kind of magic ability to be practically invisible and yet present in 5 places at the same time! The colors and emotions she sees and photographs are my favorite memories of our wedding day. She's DEFINITELY the kind of person you want around your family and friends during intimate and special times! She is friendly and she gives great direction- and is not overbearing at all! We couldn't be more pleased with our experience and the pictures we now have forever!

Amanda · Married on 09/04/2016

Crystal captured all the important elements of our wedding day. We were much more interested in capturing the moments that happened, rather than just posing for all the traditional photos. Her sharp eye and creativity delivered photos that were beyond our expectations. I am so happy she was our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos. Take the time to meet with her and view her portfolio. You won't be sorry!

Lori · Married on 09/03/2016

She is very professional, warm, easy to work with, and her pictures are amazing. The price she charges is surprisingly reasonable, and I couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out. (pictures are very important, no matter what people say.)

• Esther Cunningham

Esther · Married on 08/27/2016

Crystal was absolutely AMAZING! This young gal is very talented and professional on every level. Our weather here in Oregon isn't always the best and when I had to reschedule time and time again for our engagement photos she was very understanding and flexible. She knew how to coach us nervous birds during our engagement photos and get us in our comfort zone as both of us had never really been in front of a camera before! For our wedding she was on time (early I believe!), got right to work and stepped in when my setup crew slacked. Her prices are great - can't compete anywhere else, I say! Thank you so much Crystal for making our wedding day a beautiful day of our lives to remember always!

Chelsea · Married on 06/10/2016

Through wind, rain, and coorporate weirdos (long story), Crystal still did a stellar job. Couldn't be happier!

Cindi · Married on 10/03/2015

Since the beginning of working with Crystal, she has been outstanding in listening to our interests, visions, and timeline. Crystal is extremely professional while quite pleasant and patient. In our situation, there was a family emergency which required the cancellation of the wedding. Crystal accommodated these changes, working with us to achieve an ideal situation, which forced an entire year of waiting to take photos. For two extremely introverted people, Crystal was able to draw out the beauty of relationship and adornment. The final product is nothing less than OUTSTANDING at an extremely discounted price. For the quality, price, and great gal with whom to work, you can find nothing better. So much so, my youngest daughter immediately contracted Crystal to shoot her wedding next year. I cannot say enough to express my appreciation for all she has done for us. I know you will find yourself extremely pleased with having an amazing experience and great support in making your photography timeless. Look no further, you found the best!

Joey · Married on 09/06/2015

With a growing list of projects, costs, and uncountable unforeseen tasks involved in the planning of a wedding, it was super important for us to work with like-minded professionals who wanted to get to know us and our vision. Crystal was the perfect photographer for us, and we could not be happier with the beautiful documentation of our day.

From the outset, we were impressed with her branding and truly exceptional communication. The welcome packet was such a kind intro, and even our final files were delivered on a custom USB with one of our photos printed on it. These small details are really nice, but are more importantly a reflection of her dedication and professionalism.

Beyond these touches, her amazing work speaks for itself. She has an impeccable ability for capturing the feel of the event in a uniquely artistic way. We would highly recommend working with Crystal for your special occasion.

Leila · Married on 09/03/2015

CRYSTAL WAS THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER! She was sweet, calm, creative and just downright AMAZING!! We loved every single photo she took! She was everywhere but nowhere; not intrusive at all and her photos of everyone turned out beautiful, even the real candid ones with everyone laughing with their mouths open! hahaha!

We don't know how she does it but everyone who looked at our photos ALL commented, "WOW, these look like they are postcards!"

She is also great at capturing emotions in still pictures, one trait that only real passionate and seasoned photographers would be able to! She definitely is ONE!

We first met on skype because my husband and I live in Singapore, she sounded very experienced and gave her two cents whenever it was needed and all that she suggested was GREAT! We had to make our decision based a lot on what we saw on her website and those pictures brought tears to my eyes and I remembered my husband and I turned to each other and said; OH! She's SO GONNA BE OUR PHOTOGRAPHER!

We met up briefly in June for a quick meeting and she made and gave us a cute little hello, thank you for choosing me as your photographer gift, it was really sweet of her.

She suggested a 30 mins free engagement session so we can get used to her camera and her style, THAT was the best suggestion ever.

All in all, Crystal was not only a bloody awesome photographer, she was VERY efficient. To give you an idea, we had our 30 mins session the evening before our rehearsal dinner, she managed to edit those photos, put them into a slideshow and showed them to us the following day!

I've never ever heard of anyone THIS seasoned and experienced to be this efficient and passionate about their work!

She's now become our friend and we'll be seeing each other at christmas!!

VERY VERY VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Monique · Married on 03/07/2015

Crystal Genes Photography is definitely a vendor you would want for your wedding. Crystal and her team meet all of the standard expectations: professional, responsive, prepared, incredible photos, accommodating, works well with vendors, etc. But, I'm sure you'll read a lot of reviews that says that about photographers. Hopefully this review illustrates why Crystal Genes Photography is the absolute best choice!

Let me start by saying I had the pleasure of seeing Crystal and her team in action at 2 weddings: my cousin's and my own. SIX YEARS before I got married, Crystal worked my cousin's wedding. She asked if she could take a picture of the flower in my hair. At that moment, I KNEW I wanted her to be the photograph for my wedding someday. She paid such attention to detail (I mean really, the flower in a guest's hair) and her eye for unique pictures that capture the mood, emotions, details, and important moment of the day, is truly her gift.

Fast forward to my wedding- she exceeded my expectations. Crystal lives in Oregon and my husband and I live in Los Angeles. Because of her professionalism, willingness to travel, and accessibility through phone and email, the distance was no obstacle. Crystal and her team flew to L.A. for my engagement pictures and the wedding. She helped me all along the way, suggesting photo options and answering all of my little questions. If that wasn't enough, the turnaround to see pictures after the wedding was amazing!! Immediately after the wedding she posted two sneak peek pictures. REALLY soon after that, she posted a touching slide show (storyteller) and photos to share through social media.

I really can't say enough about her kindness and her talent. My husband and I are so thankful she captured the photos from the most important day of our lives because we're truly able to re-live our wedding day through Crystal's photos.

I cannot say enough great things about Crystal Genes Photography. From the engagement shoot, to bridal portraits, to our wedding day, I am so thankful to have placed the job of capturing our wedding day in Crystal's hands. In the months prior to our wedding day, Crystal was amazing at helping me feel comfortable in terms of picture timeline, etc. A few days before the wedding I shared with my bridal party and hair/makeup team the exact picture timeline and they all commented on how much easier this made their day. It was perfectly thought out and took into account every detail. Crystal and team went above and beyond to capture every single moment and special touch of my wedding day. Crystal is extremely passionate about what she does, and that shines through her photographs. She provides amazing attention to detail when taking pictures and gave us first class service through the entire process. As if amazing photographs isn't enough, Crystal is so kind, loving, and fun, and you can tell she truly cares about her clients. She was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding vendors. Crystal gave us a sneak peek of two pictures only 2 days days after the wedding and all of my friends and family have commented to us on how amazing they are. Crystal isn't your typical photographer who tell you to stand in front of something and snap pictures. She will make sure you are in the exact perfect spot for the best shot and lighting. I am a bit awkward when it comes to taking pictures and need a lot of direction and Crystal was amazing in talking us through each shot as needed and made us both feel so comfortable. I highly recommend Crystal Genes photography for your wedding day or other photography needs!

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2014

We are a month passed our wedding and we have officially determined that the pictures from our wedding day have been the most important part of it all. The photos are what will last a lifetime and you can trust Crystal to make sure they are absolutely PERFECT!
    Before the wedding.. she was responsive, easy, and accommodating.
    During the wedding..she was prepared, easy for all vendors to work with, and thorough to make sure we got all of the pictures with our family and wedding party (which I really appreciated because my mind was in other places).
    After the wedding.. she was quick to get us our pictures, easy to get in touch with, and so impressive! Our pictures were better than we could have ever imagined and its all thanks to Crystal and her amazing team. We still have family and friends telling us how unbelievable our pictures turned out. Her work is unmatched!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/06/2014

Crystal was amazing. She was professional, very timely and captured things that I didn't even know were happening. More so, she took the time to sit with us prior to the wedding and provided special touches throughout our experience that really made us excited for our big day. We often felt like her only customers