Crystal Genes Photography Reviews

71 | Portland, OR

71 Reviews for Crystal Genes Photography

Rebecca K. · Getting married on 08/12/2021

Crystal Gene's Photography - Can't recommend enough

Crystal, was the utmost professional. Not only did she arrange for a last minute wedding, she arrived prepared, had thought of every last detail, took shots and made recommendations that i never knew I needed. That is why she IS THE expert. We couldn't have been happier with the package and services, her crisp communications, her ability to seamlessly integrate w/ our family in a very intimate private residential wedding in covid. She fit right in. My Fiancé absolutely LOVED her low key style which helped two very unphotogenic people end up with some GREAT shots in what has been a long "aging" year. Wrt communications and deliverables, she has gone above and beyond during the Christmas holiday to provide us our photos so we had to share with family, since so many were not in attendance. She has respected our wishes when it came to social media and that meant everything to my very private husband. Her blog immediately post wedding was an special sweet extra that will forever be cherished.
    As someone who works at a Fortune100 in sales and value sthe customer experience, Crystal is the epitome of Customer centric and we genuinely will forever appreciate and value her role in our "forever and finally" wedding in a hard year for all. Happy to offer a reference for Crystal personally and in detail at an time. She is a keeper and has an eye for catching the special unique photos that any family or couple will love and cherish for years to come.

• Brad

Brad E. · Getting married on 08/12/2021

Calming presence

Crystal was extremely kind, helpful, and calming. There was a lot going on that day, and she made the pictures stress free, and was a positive addition to the atmosphere. The pictures and video are beautiful. I can't recommend enough

• Rachel

Rachel R. · Getting married on 05/15/2021

Easy to work with and thoughtful.

First time meeting Crystal for pictures and honestly, we were impressed. She was willing to listen to our opinions and thoughts and was easy to work with.

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth F. · Getting married on 03/27/2021

Amazing Photographer!

Crystal is a true gem! She’s extremely personable, responsive and easy to work with! My fiancé and I were nervous before our engagement shoot, but Crystal quickly helped break the ice and delivered some incredible shots! I’m so happy we found Crystal!!

Sent on 12/30/2020

Swati G. · Married on 06/29/2020

Amazing photography

Crystal did an amazing job on our wedding..

Sent on 08/11/2020

Amanda R. · Married on 12/28/2019

Super easy going and organized

Working with Crystal was super easy. She was available to us over the phone and by email since we had a destination-like wedding. She helped us with our schedule. Day of she was organized and got all the shots we wanted and more. She even got the little 3 and 5 year old flower girls to cooperate.

Sent on 01/01/2020

Rebecca K. · Married on 12/13/2019

Holiday portraits

Crystal does a great job of making her clients feel comfortable behind the camera. Her photos always come out better than I could have imagined. I have used her for many events and portrait sessions and would highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Sara

Sara S. · Married on 11/30/2019

Guaranteed Genius

My fiancé and I used Crystal for our engagement photos. Neither of us are very comfortable in front of a camera, but Crystal made the experience painless for us. The outcome was phenomenal. I’ve seen a thousand pictures taken at the waterfront in Charleston. Hers made us feel like our love is one of a kind.

Sent on 12/24/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda B. · Married on 09/21/2019

Engagement photos

Crystal has great vision (artistically, if not opthamologically), and is very nice and easy to work with!

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle E. · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing photographer!

Crystal just knows how to capture people - I have worked with her multiple times now and won't ever use a different photographer.

• Cheryl

Cheryl C. · Married on 08/26/2019

Very personable yet professional.

We had the chance to work with Crystal last summer for our wedding. When I sent her my very first email, she responded so quickly. Everything went smooth from there. She made accommodations and suggestions that were nothing but great. She was so easy to work with from start to finish. Our pre-wedding and wedding photos turned out amazing. And to think, I don’t really like looking at myself in pictures. The days leading up to the wedding, she was in constant contact with us to ensure everything will go smoothly on the day of. And the last minute changes didn’t bother her at all. I have recommended Crystal and will continue to recommend her do the great work that she does.

Sent on 12/26/2019

Nikole · Married on 08/03/2019

Exceeded Expectations

I don't know where to begin. Crystal is a wonderful photographer and person. She is professional, yet so personal! Once you finish your engagement session, she already feels like a friend. She's able to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera, and her direction is easy to follow. That is for all the portrait photos and engagement session. As of the day of the wedding, I can only call her Ninja Photographer. She got many candid shots and we didn't even know she was there. I don't know how she was in so many places at once. All the pictures she took were edited and ready for us faster than I thought they would be. I've heard of people waiting months for their pictures, not even close with Crystal. She obviously loves what she does and it shows. I, the bride, was tired of taking pictures way before she was done. Hahaha! I highly recommend Crystal Genes Photography. I would definitely hire her again. In fact, I'll be keeping an eye out for her mini sessions in the future!

Sent on 12/28/2019

Connie R. · Married on 08/02/2019

Excellent, she was great and worked with our busy schedules

Crystal was awesome, we loved our photos❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Pamela

Pamela Z. · Married on 09/28/2018

Crystal blew our minds!!! She was absolutely amazing and her work is something we will treasure for life!!!

Crystal absolutely blew our minds. She was incredibly professional and made the whole experience easy and unique. Her photos will be timeless family treasures. I would give her 100 stars if I could!

Jessika · Married on 09/01/2018

The Perfect Photographer for Your Perfect Day

Hiring Crystal to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. She beautifully captured our day, the little moments and the big. Crystal was professional, creative, responsive, and compassionate. She photographed our day in the style we wanted, made sure we were comfortable and having fun with the shots, and delivered the story of our wedding perfectly. Crystal surpassed all expectations and we never hesitate to recommend her!

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

Crystal is the best, would recommend her in a heartbeat

We've known Crystal since she's been in Portland and absolutely love her. Any time a friend asks for a photographer recommendation she's my first and only recommendation - whether its weddings, family portraits, or head shots. She does an amazing job capturing candid moments and makes you feel so comfortable throughout the process. She's got a great eye for what will and won't work and is just a delight to work with. Crystal was really flexible with us to make sure our wedding photography package covered all of the things we wanted without pressuring us for more. She took the time to figure out what shots were important to us, and we definitely benefited from her wealth of wedding expertise (she made some very helpful suggestions to our timeline). I still get compliments about how beautifully our photos turned out. Absolutely wouldn't change a thing

Ethan C. · Married on 08/18/2018

Great photographer

We really enjoyed working with Crystal Genes. She was extremely responsive right from the start. We filled out a short questionnaire so she can get to know us better, and when we arrived for the complimentary "test" shoot, she remembered all the details from the answers.

The test shoot provides us another opportunity to get to know each other better. On the wedding day itself, she arrived a little early to set up, and went beyond the standard wedding shots and got creative with her framing and shot selection.

We really enjoyed working with Crystal and highly recommend her for an engagement shoot or a wedding.

Jovita W. · Married on 08/18/2018

Everything you want for a photographer!

Crystal was amazing! Very easy to work with. Quick turnaround, good communication, awesome pictures, and very reasonable prices!

Valerie · Married on 08/17/2018

Crystal is incredibly talented and absolutely wonderful to work with. I could not have been more happy with my wedding photos and my engagement photos. I highly recommend her for your wedding or any other event. She’s very creative and has an amazing skill for capturing expressions. And besides being a phenomenal photographer she’s also a fantastic human being, and truly a great person all around. Book her now :)

Sent on 09/25/2018

Brooke · Married on 07/27/2018

Wedding Photography

Crystal is great and her photographs of our wedding were fantastic. Our photos came back very quickly and were all beautiful! We would definitely recommend Crystal and work with her again!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 07/21/2018

Excellent experience with Crystal Gene's Photography!

We had our wedding in early October this year and really can't say enough great things about Crystal and Crystal Gene's Photography! Crystal was so wonderful to work with on every level. She was prompt, thorough, and all with a lovely calm demeanor which is a perfect contrast to the craziness of the big day.

From the start of our engagement with Crystal, her communication was fantastic. She even sent us several helpful reminders as the day approached to help us prepare. So wonderful since she has done many weddings but this of course was my first! So the helpful hints were really valuable and covered things we might have forgotten otherwise.

Her rates were reasonable and we were so pleased with the final result. Her photos are beautiful and captured the magic of our special event perfectly. The engagement session that was included gave us a chance to get more comfortable in front of the camera and to get to know Crystal and her working style.

All in all, would 100% recommend Crystal Gene's Photography. Super pro, super easy to work with. And gorgeous photos!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Terisa · Married on 11/04/2017

Crystal is phenomenal! Every photo she took is perfect - she captured all the details of our day, our personalities and the love we felt! Her photos don't just capture memories, they tell a story. She suggested photos I wouldn't have thought of, kept the moms calm and everyone on schedule. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She also helped develop the day of timeline with the coordinator to keep everything on schedule and running smoothly. A true professional through and through!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

Crystal was absolutely amazing and she captured our day perfectly! She worked her magic and now we have wonderful photos to last a lifetime!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

Crystal is very talented, and we couldn't be happier with our wedding photos!! Her pre-planning process, professionalism, and friendly personality make her a 5-star photographer!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Veronica · Married on 09/09/2017

Crystal was fabulous. She put us both at ease and helped us feel natural while in front of the camera. All our guests commented on how the photos really captured the happiness of the day. She had great recommendations about timing for best sunlight and picked out some great spots for our photos. Crystal designed a package that fit in our budget and was flexible when we ended up asking her to stay longer than originally agreed.

Sent on 12/08/2017