Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Gina C. Married on 10/01/2021

Beautiful!

Cori and Reella did such a great job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! Would definitely recommend them!
  • Kemi
    Kemi Married on 09/25/2021

Bisi is truly the best!

Bisi is truly the best! We got married in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Hiring Bisi to accompany me to Mexico was the best decision. She knew exactly what I wanted for my hair and make up and delivered above and beyond. My make up looked flawless throughout the day even with the humidity in Mexico. She also did my mom and sister’s make up (they both looked gorgeous). Everyone kept commenting on how gorgeous I looked and the photos are amazing. Bisi is very professional and kind. She is also very patient and was flexible when I changed my mind about my hairstyle the day of the wedding. Thank you Bisi for everything. It was a pleasure working with you!
  • Kia
    Tekeia W. Married on 09/04/2021

Great option, just be prepared

I thought I was the only person struggling but once I came for my trial I realized MANY of us were uneducated on weave and what styles could and could not be done. Two of the girls were even sent home during their trial because they didn’t wash their bundles prior or didn’t order enough hair. This is all stuff that could have been prevented is someone was communicating

It would be really awesome if Bisi could assign us our stylists immediately and then the stylists take over all correspondence from there. Bisi is a busy woman and is very short and comes off as inconvenienced during most interactions so the stylists taking over and providing guidance on what they can and cannot do is very helpful.

I for example spent $300 on hair just for me to get there and for my stylist to tell me the hair was too long for the style I wanted, wouldnt last and that they needed me to cut off SIX INCHES. if I had of had that info prior that would have saved me $150

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks for the review Tekeia, however it seems to be mostly in regards to your weave/extensions, which was not a service you booked us for. We didn't install your extensions, as you got those done elsewhere and only booked us for your wedding day styling. So I just want to clarify that we've never sent anyone home with dirty bundles nor did we cut your extensions or any of that. This review should be for the salon that handled everything in regards to your extensions. But we are glad that you were happy with your wedding day style, which was the part we did do :)
    Monica C. Married on 08/21/2021

Great for hair and makeup needs!

I used Crystal-Eyez for hair and make up for my 2020 micro wedding and 2021 reception. I’ll start with hair because I haven’t seen as many hair reviews. In 2020, I got an updo with a partial sew-in in place. In 2021, CE did the sew-in and colored my hair and the weave, in addition to styling my wedding hair. I actually liked their sew-in better than the place that did it before. Cori was my stylist and the way she did it was more comfortable, looked natural and provided flexibility in hairstyles. In terms of color, at first the color wasn’t what I wanted, but it’s possible the picture I showed wasn’t exactly representative. CE was extremely accommodating and re-dyed it the next day and it was perfect. If you’re wondering if you should do hair here, I say YES.

For makeup, every time I saw a black person in a Chicago wedding magazine the makeup was by CE. They didn’t disappoint. I went to them a couple of times throughout the process and each time they were efficient and executed what I wanted very well. For the 2021 wedding, I had 8 bridesmaids who all got their makeup done in addition to me and my Mom. They were Black, Indian, Asian, and Latina and CE made them look flawless. Truly, I was impressed by how well they did everyone’s makeup. My photographer also made a comment stating he was impressed as well and it sounded genuine!

Finally, I recommend CE because they are very easy to work with logistically. Clearly they do weddings all the time. It’s easy to make and reschedule appointments. They were always timely. Day-of they were also on time and worked efficiently. I would tell brides to use CE for hair and makeup rather than their regular stylist for this reason alone.

CE is an excellent salon and any bride should hire them with confidence!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Congratulations Monica!! Thanks so much for such a detailed honest review. You have been a pleasure to work with and we look forward to your future services with us ❤️
    Calandria F. Married on 08/14/2021

One of a Kind Experience!!!!

Bisi was fantastic! Professional, timely, and talented! She created hair and makeup looks for my mom, mother-in- law, and myself for my wedding day!! We all were adorned with so many compliments on her artistry! So grateful her sweet soul was apart of my wedding day!! Best in the business and best in Chicago! Can’t wait to use her services again! 💕
    Amber W. Married on 08/07/2021

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend Crystal-Eyez Makeup and Beauty. Her service was fantastic and beautiful! I hired her for all of my wedding day needs for myself and bridesmaid. Bisi was very timely and brought my vision of how wanted to look to life. In fact, she exceeded my expectation. My bridesmaid also loved their makeup and the associate artist. I will be booking all of my future makeup appointments with Crystal-Eyez.
    Emily P. Married on 07/24/2021

Absolutely gorgeous!

When I was searching for a makeup artist I came across Crystal-Eyez and as soon as I saw Bisi’s before and after photos of her clients I knew right away that I wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding day. I was totally blown away by her looks and her style was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted that glam, flawless look and that’s exactly what she gave me. She was also very flexible with me when I had to reschedule my wedding three times! Finally the big day came and I looked beyond beautiful and so did my bridesmaids. Bisi and her team did our hair and makeup and we all looked fabulous! They do such a wonderful job and I would highly recommend them to anyone. You won’t be sorry!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Hi Emily! We are so glad you found us! You did indeed look absolutely gorgeous!!! 😍 Congratulations again!!!
    Brandon J. Married on 05/14/2021

Wonderful artist!

Bisi was my wife's makeup artist for our wedding (airbrush). Bisi was very patient and friendly, despite the chaos of the wedding day. My wife did not have a clear idea of how she wanted to look on the wedding day, despite this, Bisi was able to create a look that made her feel beautiful. Even with several interruptions, she was professional and committed to ensuring my wife was satisfied with the final look. My wife received compliments from all guests (including me!). We highly recommend working with Bisi.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Oh wow! A review from a groom on behalf of his wife...love this angle! Thanks for much for taking the time to write. Greetings to your beautiful wife!!
  • Sunshine1112
    Jesena Married on 03/13/2021
    Awesome work. Definitely recommend and look forward to using Crystal-Eyez in the future.

Hey Jesena,

Thanks so much for choosing Crystal-Eyez for your wedding hair and makeup. Bisi and Jasmine loved working with you, your bridesmaids and your mom. We wish you marital bliss! :)

Thanks!
  • Dorothy
    Dorothy Married on 02/07/2021

Excellent quality of service

Bisi did an incredible job, I told her the look I was going for and she did exactly what I was hoping for. She made me feel beautiful at my wedding and I can’t thank her enough. I received tons of compliments from my guest. I will definitely recommend her if you’re looking for a makeup and hair stylist.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

We had a great time working with you and your ladies in Wisconsin! Thanks for choosing us! God bless your union.
  • Marshana
    Marshana R. Married on 09/04/2020

Incredible and smooth experience!

I feel so blessed to have found Crystal-Eyes Makeup & Hair! Bisi and her team are incredible at what they do! Specifically, Bisi was on top of all of the logistics making sure she knew what I wanted for my hair and deployed a great stylist to my location to perform. Catrina did my hair. She was professional, personable and above all did an outstanding job!!!! I couldnt have been more pleased. So grateful for this company!!!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Marshana! You were so calm, cool and easy to work with, even with the on-going global pandemic. We are glad you found us. Thanks for choosing Crystal-Eyez.
  • Jacquelyn.
    Jacquelyn. T. Married on 08/15/2020

The customer services is far above my expectations. Bisi, the owner, made us feel as if we were special and she was always accommodating to our needs.

Due to the global pandemic, the makeup was precisely applied with the required safety measures. Hence, I strongly recommend Crystal Eyez if you have an upcoming special occasion where you want to be immediately appealing and an eye catcher.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback Jacquelyn. Thanks to your entire group for their cooperation in keeping the safety measures so that we are all able to navigate these strange times and still have you all looking flawless for your special day. Congratulations! :)
  • Sheenamarie'
    Sheena Married on 09/06/2019

Wonderful work

Bisi and her team did an amazing job on hair and makeup for me and my girls. This squad comes highly recommended.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks so much for the review Sheena. It was a pleasure working with you and your ladies. You all looked amazing! Thanks for allowing us to do the honors. Wishing you a very happy married life!!
  • Lana
    Lana V. Married on 04/26/2019

Flawless work!

Bisi was phenomenal!!! I found Crystal-Eyez on The Knot and booked immediately after seeing the reviews and photos. Let me tell you Bisi did not disappoint! This amazing woman traveled all the way from Chicago to make me look flawless for my wedding day. She gave me the perfect make up and hair with little to no direction. It was so nice to have someone come in and already know what to do and how to do it in the middle of a hectic day directing ppl. She was so professional and sweet. Bisi even went above and beyond doing a last minute hair style for my mom. I can’t say enough great things about her. I will be booking with her for all future major events!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Aww thanks for such a sweet feedback. It was an absolute pleasure helping to create your flawless wedding day look. Thanks for allowing me to do the honors. You looked absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your union!!!
    Vanessa Married on 03/01/2019

Excellent Experiece!! Seriously Talented MUA!!!

I just got married and I couldn’t be more impressed with how talented Bisi is. First of all, I arrived 10 min late to the venue and saw Bisi and her other MUA set up and ready to go! I had only 1 pack of clip ins for my really thin hair but she worked wonders with it. The make-up was seriously the best I have ever had done my a MUA...and I have been to plenty! She had another artist with her that did my brides maids and mom’s make up. She seriously took 10 years off my mom. She looked fab! I highly highly recommend her and her team.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

We had a great time working with your group. You all looked amazing!!! Every picture I took was flawless!! Thanks for showing them off :)
  • Alice
    Alice Married on 12/20/2018

Perfect work!

Amazing makeup and hair stylist!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks for allowing us to do the honors!! We had a great time working with you, and you made such a gorgeous bride! ❤️
    Tope D. Married on 12/09/2018

Flawless Makeup

So grateful to have selected Crystal-Eyez for my bridal makeup, the quality of just the make up alone was amazing and to speak about the finishing look was another amazing experience. I highly recommend them!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

You are so naturally beautiful anyway that you made our work extra easy. It was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for trusting Crystal-Eyez.
    Michele M. Married on 12/08/2018

Soooo happy!

The crystal eyez team that help on my wedding day made it all the more special! They were not only on time and fun to interact with, they are SKILLED! My bridesmaids and flower girls looked and felt fantastic! Personally, I loved the attention to detail and the flawless look they created for me! It’s stressful and hard to find the right glam team for your special day, so seriously do yourself a favor, stop looking and use these badass ladies!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks so soo much Michelle!! It was our pleasure!! You looked absolutely GORG!!! Love the photos!!!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra Married on 10/13/2018

A day of glamour!

Wonderful job for our wedding!! The hair and make up trials were great and looked even better the day of!! This was my first experience with them, but won’t me my last considering the way the handled me and my bridesmaids. Thank you!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Congratulations Cassandra!! So awesome to read this! You were a pleasure to work with. We can't wait to service you again :)
    Shunika F. Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing!

Bisi is the bomb.......... I don't wear makeup but when she was finish with my makeup and when I looked into the mirror I didn't recognize myself. OMG........I was beautiful I must say myself; I received so many compliments that night. Everyone told me I looked like a celebrity and some said I looked like a real live Barbie.
    Thank you Bisi!!!!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

You looked stunning...truly like a celebrity!!! You have one of the best skin I've worked on in a while...made my job too easy! Thanks so much for the review. God bless your union!!
    P.S. Love that pic!!
  • W
    Wandoo Married on 10/06/2018

Bisi personalizes your look to make you look amazing. A must-book!

If Bisi of Crystal-Eyez is available on your wedding date, you should book her without hesitation. I couldn't have been happier with how beautiful I looked on that day. What I love most about Bisi is she takes your considerations into account, without compromising her aesthetic style.

I am not a fan of a lot of make up, and have had issues with artistes applying a ton of foundation or lashes that feel heavy. I essentially stopped using lashes because I felt so uncomfortable with them. Bisi understood that I wanted a natural look and gave me exactly that. My face felt very light and I couldn't tell I had lashes on. She gave me the perfect hint of color with my lipstick and eye shadows. I truly felt amazing on my wedding day without feeling unrecognizable.

She was extremely professional and punctual throughout the process and gave me a lot of tips on how to apply my foundation. My mom rarely has make up on, and she made her look flawless on as well.

I was lucky enough to have her for the entire night so she was available for my touch up, but I recommend getting her touch up kit if you don't have her for the night. My sisters got the touch up kit, which contains all the essentials for a quick do over.

I still get tons of compliments about how amazing I looked that night and I couldn't have felt that beautiful if Bisi hadn't glammed me up.

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

This is such a beautiful review. Thanks so much! And thanks for an opportunity to come to Houston to create your flawless wedding look. I never pass up a travel opportunity...esp to somewhere warm :)
    Natalia Married on 09/09/2018
    The Owner, Bisi, along with another Make-Up Artist, TY, took care of my Bridesmaids, Mothers, Flower Girl and I for my Wedding on 9/9/18! There was a mixture of Airbrushing and Traditional techniques used on my group of ladies, which had various shades of complexions. All of us Looked and Felt Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The level of Professionalism and Skill from the Artists were Top Notch! Highly Recommend!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks for the beautiful feedback Natalia. You were all so much fun to work with. We had a blast with your group! Thanks!!!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria B. Married on 09/08/2018

HIGHLY recommend them!

I used Crystal Eyez for my wedding and could not have been happier with them!! Bisi was responsive to all questions prior to the wedding day, and did a stunning job on both the trial and the day of makeup and hair! Her team was also amazing and did an incredible job on my bridesmaids and mothers hair and makeup. They were punctual, professional, and fun to have around doing hair and makeup as we were all getting ready! My hair and makeup stayed flawless from the time they finished at 1pm through the entire day, and a night of sleep! I loved Bisi's hair and makeup job so much they are now my go-to spot for hair and makeup for holiday parties and other special events (I travel from Lincoln Square to South Loop for them).

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks Victoria!! It was an absolutely pleasure working with you and your ladies!!! And thanks for being s loyal customer....we love having you over. Looking forward to your next appointment!! xx
    Brianna Married on 09/01/2018
    Chantalle from Crystal-Eyez did my hair and makeup for my wedding and it was AMAZING!!! I got SOOO many compliments on everything from my curls, to the brows to the lashes to the overall look and blend of everything.

I was nervous at first because I came in from out of town for my wedding and wasn't able to do a trial ahead of time. I was put at ease immediately as she arrived on time, and ready to go (she's also pleasant to work with and had a good attitude)! Needless to say, all of my worries were instantly erased when I finally got to see the finished look in the mirror!

The end result was everything I could've asked for and so much more. I even cried during the wedding but still somehow had a flawless look until the end of our day. I would definitely use their services again... Especially Chantalle!!! Thanks!

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

So glad to read how much you loved the whole experience. We actually have a picture of your reaction when you first looked in the mirror....priceless! You were a beautiful bride. Congratulations again!!
    Jumoke Married on 08/31/2018

Wedding makeup

I had the pleasure of working with Bisi, she did my makeup and my bridesmaids. I loved my makeup. Bisi was able to bring my idea to life. I showed her pictures of what I wanted. I did not have time to do a makeup trial and I was very happy with my makeup. It lasted throughout the entire day. She was extremely professional and listened to me which I think it is important. Everyone got a ton of compliments. Definitely recommend

Crystal-Eyez Makeup & Beauty Lounge's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience. It was a pleasure working with you and your ladies and you were an absolutely stunning bride!! Thanks for trusting Crystal-Eyez!!