Cryin' Out Loud Reviews

45 | Albany, NY

45 Reviews for Cryin' Out Loud

Matthew Desmarais · Getting married on 02/05/2021

Talented wedding band, HIGHLY Recommend

Cryin' Out Loud was exactly the band we were looking for. They had great energy and had us dancing all night long. We worked with them on a Blues Brothers themed bridal party entrance which was so much fun and set the tone for the whole night. Musically, they are a band with deep range of talent; they brought 8 musicians and had 4 singers with great voices. All night long, my family and friends commented on how good they were.

If you are looking for a high energy band that will keep everyone dancing all night, this is your band. The band leader, Greg, is really attentive and easy to work with. He said that the secret to their success is that they have been playing together for years, unlike other bands who change members for every show.

Despite being a large band, they were lower price than many others that we talked with.

Thanks Greg and Cryin Out Loud for making our wedding night perfect.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2019

Wedding band

When beginning to plan my wedding, I was given one piece of advice that stuck in my head- to hire a band instead of a DJ. And MAN, I am so glad that is just what I did. I am even more glad that we found COL!

Gregg was very easy to talk to, even took a minute at one of his shows to say hello to us. When we went to watch them for the first time we knew they were the right band for us. High energy and just fun! When we told Gregg our thoughts about having both my husband and brother play a song with the band he didn't hesitate at all. He was so excited about it, which made us even more excited.

Those moments during our wedding night absolutely exceeded our expectations. Adam was only supposed to play one song and ended up playing TWO. Then when my brother was playing You Shook Me All Night Long, Gregg found me and asked if I wanted to sing! It was SO amazing (totally out of my comfort zone) but Danielle and the whole band helped me to be comfortable up there! This is a night we will never forget.

We are still getting compliments about our wedding and how much fun it was. Everyone kept asking where the band was from and saying how awesome they were. Everyone had such a fun time and that dance floor was packed all night. COL was incredible. Thank you guys so much for making our night absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/28/2019

James Wisniewski · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing. Couldn’t recommend more

Couldn’t recommend Cryin Out Loud more. Very Professional and keep the party going. Best Wedding Band

Sent on 05/21/2019

Jesse · Married on 04/27/2019

Crying out loud, wedding band

Overall my experience with crying out loud exceeded my expectations. Everything went perfectly. They literally just show up and know exactly what to do. The music choice was spot on, it got everyone up and dancing all night. Everyone at the wedding loved them, and so did we. It couldn’t have gone better.

Sent on 05/01/2019

Shehtaaz · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolutely spectacular! Highly recommended!

It was an absolute joy to work with Gregg and the team, from start to finish. On the day, these guys absolutely rocked it. They helped make our special day even more perfect, and our guests have been raving about how incredible their performance. The range of their music, the quality of each individual performer and the collective unit just blew us all away. I cannot recommend Cryin' Out Loud enough!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Casey · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply put, Cryin' Out Loud was outstanding. We could not have asked for more from them. Leading up to our wedding, we always received quick and professional responses whenever we had questions. At our reception, the dance floor was packed the entire night and we received countless comments about how great the band was. One of the highlights of the reception was when COL let us (the bride and groom) up on stage to sing along with them. If you book Cryin' Out Loud you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Allison · Married on 09/07/2018

Cryin’ out loud was amazing! Our guest had an amazing time. Everyone kept coming up to us complimenting how great the band was. They pretty much made our wedding! Highly recommended! And I love their lead singers voice, it’s amazing!

Sent on 09/18/2018

katie · Married on 08/18/2018

If we could give COL higher than 5 stars we would. They are absolutely unbelievable. The whole process from beginning to end was professional. I've been in contact with COL for over 2 years during our engagement and they always responded quickly and made us feel like our wedding was always a priority to them. Not to mention they had every single person in our 200+ wedding out and on the dance floor for the entire night! Tearing it up !!! Do not hesitate to book this band-they will make your whole entire party!!! We wish we could relive the night over and over again with them !

Sent on 09/06/2018

Cryin' Out Loud's reply:

Wedding was 9/1/18 not 8/18/18 - Thank You Katie and Eric ! We appreciate the kind words. Hope to see you all soon.

Adam · Married on 08/18/2018

Crying out loud is the wedding band to hire! If you looking for a band that is perfectly rehearsed, plays music that will appeal to every age group, and brings a concert performance...hire COL!! The band is more than music. The professionalism of the band members is 1st class. The responsiveness of the business is immediate. I’m a professional musician and have played at more than 500 weddings with various wedding bands. I know a good wedding band. Cryin out loud is a Great wedding band!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Mark · Married on 06/30/2018

This band is a MUST HAVE for your special day! The whole evening, the band had an energy level above expectation. From the first song until the last of the evening, the dance floor was filled with everyone dancing the night away. Both Gregg and Danielle have amazing voices, and the instruments were on point all night! The song my wife and I requested for the first dance, Cryin’ Out Loud learned for us and it was performed flawlessly! Many thanks to the band for working with us coordinating a song list, introductions and keeping us on track leading up to our wedding day. The sound, lighting and professionalism are fantastic. We received so many complements on Cryin’ Out Loud’s performance. If you are lucky enough to book this band, you will see what I am talking about. Many thanks for making our night so much fun!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Meaghan · Married on 04/14/2018

One of our top priorities in wedding planning was creating a dance floor that our guests wouldn't want to leave. Cryin' Out Loud did just that! Working with Gregg was great from Day 1. The band learned our requested song and crushed it, provided the energy that we knew could never be replicated by a DJ or even a different band, and they play so many hit songs and wedding classics so well that everyone is singing along the whole night. After the wedding, we were bombarded with comments by our guests about how much they loved Cryin' Out Loud. We could not have asked for a better band at our wedding; we can't stop re-playing the dance floor in our heads. You cannot go wrong by choosing this great group!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Cryin' Out Loud's reply:

Thank You for your kindness Meaghan and Dan !

Erin · Married on 10/28/2017

Throughout the planning process, Cryin' Out Loud was responsive, professional, and very flexible. They helped us to be organized and all ready to go for the big day. In terms of performance, to quote the staff at our venue, Cryin' Out Loud was "the best band they heard all season." The band is so talented - they were fun and kept people on the dance floor all night! Gregg was also attentive to the bride and groom throughout the night, checking in and making sure that we were happy with how the night was going. I would highly recommend this band to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

If you’re considering hiring Crying Out Loud for your wedding or another function, stop considering and sign the contract! They performed at our wedding and absolutely killed it! With both male and female lead singers, and band members that have been together for close to 18yrs, they have a song library that can meet any functions’ needs. They surprised us with their range of music, playing rock, pop and even some old rap favorites. During their sets everyone was up dancing, smiling and having a great time. Additionally, they were professional to work with, listening to what we wanted and arriving with plenty of time to set-up. They even stepped-up and provided acoustical music for our ceremony, which wasn’t in the original contract, but added within one week of the event. Crying Out Loud made helped make our wedding one of the happiest days of our lives.

Sent on 10/02/2017

John · Married on 07/08/2017

If you're considering a band for your wedding, just stop looking and hire Cryin' Out Loud. They played my sister's wedding in October 2016 and my fiancé (now wife) and I knew immediately we had to have them play our reception as well. These guys, and girl, brought the house down, the dance floor was constantly packed during all their sets. Gregg Simmons is there band leader and is incredibly professional, nice, and accommodating, he tended to all of our needs. The band is super interactive with the crowd, allowing party goers to sing or play along with them, which I thought was a quality that everyone appreciated.

The talent these musicians possess is quite evident in the wide variety of songs they play, just about every genre you can think of is no problem for them. For us, having a horn section was a must, and these horn players are top notch and add so much to their sound. Danielle, the lead singer, can really wail! Really incredible voice. I asked the band to learn a song for me that was probably a semi unusual request (Cake - Love you madly), and they absolutely knocked it out of the park and solidified my feelings about how great they are.

Cryin' Out Loud is a tremendous value. I've seen a lot of bands at other weddings and none can touch these guys. Just about everyone we have spoken to since the conclusion of the festivities has made it a point to praise them. We can't recommend Gregg and his crew enough and we're already looking for another excuse to book them again. Many thanks Gregg, you guys are THE reason we had such a killer reception \m/

Sent on 07/13/2017

Thomas · Married on 04/14/2017

They made the party! People are still commenting days later how much they enjoyed the music. Gregg was a pleasure to work with; responsive, detail-oriented, and yet always assured me that our day would be the best ever. He fully delivered! I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/18/2017

John · Married on 09/10/2016

Book them immediately!!

We could not be any happier with our decision to book Cryin' Out Loud. Greg was flexible and able to meet with us to go over the venue logistics beforehand and the entire band killed it the night of. They were so engaging with the crowd that the dance floor was packed all night. If you want your reception to be a party that no one wants to end, book Cryin' Out Loud!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Brian · Married on 08/06/2016

Don't even think twice... Book this band before someone else does!

Sent on 08/16/2016

L · Married on 07/16/2016

From the moment our daughter heard Crying Out Loud play at her college roommate’s wedding – she knew they were the group that she wanted to play at her wedding someday. Fast forward to July 16, 2016 when Gregg and the band brought their great sound and non-stop energy to our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at the LakeWatch Inn in Ithaca NY. Everyone enjoyed their music from the Millennials and Baby Boomers to the Greatest Generation; people were up and dancing all night – which is exactly what the bride and groom wanted.
    COL played a great mix of special requests, country, rock, R&B, Pop and Top 20. Their vocals were strong, the harmony was great and they produced a beautifully layered sound with a strong brass section (sax, trumpet and trombone), guitars and rhythm/drums.
    Friends, family and the manager of the wedding venue raved about them all night.

Sent on 08/04/2016

Bethany · Married on 06/25/2016

Cryin' out loud is the absolute BEST choice that we made for our wedding!!!! Gregg was incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the whole process and was very professional and fun to work with. We gave them a list of songs (especially our first dance song) that they took the time to learn and it was performed so beautifully! We had asked to make the song a little less country and they were able to remix the song so perfectly and Danielle sang the vocals and she nailed it! Almost every guest was on the dance floor ALL night and they rocked the party! They surprised us and offered to have the whole band play live for our cocktail hour and it made the time so special. Gregg was so interactive with the guests and was a pro at MCing :) They even offered to stay later and play but unfortunately our venue had a time limit. They literally were beyond what we had expected and we were so happy that we went through with having them play at our wedding. Friends and family were raving all night and still today about how great they were and we really appreciated all their professionalism and talent :) Thank you Cryin' out loud! <3 We HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!

Sent on 07/13/2016

JAY · Married on 06/17/2016

Cryin' Out Loud had the dance floor packed all night at our wedding. They played a great mix of classic hits and new songs that people of all ages really enjoyed. The quality of the performance was top notch, Gregg and the rest of the band were very friendly and professional and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. They also coordinated a string duo for the ceremony and cocktail hour that were fantastic as well. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/04/2016

The difference between a dj and a band is HUGE and absolutely worth the extra cash! The band did a great job with the names and order of the bridal party, played amazing dance music that had my guests on the dance floor all night and the new singer Danielle had amazing vocals! The more I talk to my guests in the days after the more I hear about how fabulous everyone thinks they were! I would hire them again in a heartbeat! Thanks for making our wedding a night to remember by all!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/21/2016

Cryin Out Loud played at our wedding in the Adirondacks this past weekend and were the best, most fun, entertaining, energetic band we have ever heard! They got every single guest off their feet and dancing, singing, jumping..... I cannot recommend them more!!! They made our wedding and every guest raved about them!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Thalis · Married on 10/03/2015

Great band, they were there every step of the way to make the process very easy. We had a blast and our guests are still raving about how amazing they were. Hands down if you decide to have a live band Cryin' Out Loud should be your choice.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Joan · Married on 06/20/2015

I can't express enough how GREAT this band is. We had an outdoor wedding under a huge tent on our property. Gregg and his band mates were kind, classy and professional. The dance floor was rocking with guests dancing their hearts out! We extended the contract for the band until everyone was all tuckered out. If I could give Cryin Out Loud TEN STARS if I could! Heartfelt thanks to each and every member of "Cryin Out Loud"! Continued success y'all!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/13/2015

Cryin' Out Loud did an AMAZING job at our wedding and Gregg was just wonderful to work with. The band never played at our wedding venue before so Gregg took the time to meet us there to go over all the particulars. The band took care of setting up a wonderful selection of pre-ceremony music that was played when guests arrived, arranged live music for our ceremony, performed wedding announcements, and so much more. They played our first dance song beautifully and learned our favorite song just for our wedding! The guests simply loved them. The entire band was friendly, courteous and of course extremely talented. And every person told me how much they just adored Kim. She is truly a gem.

When we were planning our wedding we were not sure if we should go with a DJ or spend the extra money on a live band. Well we definitely made the right decision by choosing to hire COL. Everyone from age 4 to 84 had a great time at our wedding and it is thanks to COL. Let me tell you, they are worth every penny!

Sent on 07/09/2015