Cruiseport Gloucester Reviews

Cruiseport Gloucester 3
Cruiseport Gloucester 4
Cruiseport Gloucester 5

Alyssa · Married on 04/13/2013

I could have not asked for a more professional venue to work with than Cruiseport. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous, clean and inviting. We worked with Bridget, who was always prompt when returning phone calls and was there when this very nervous bride had questions. I highly recommend Cruiseport to all my friends!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Kelly · Married on 04/06/2013

Cruiseport is such an amazing venue for such a great price! They are very upfront with their prices and do not play games like other venues by hiding taxes and gratuities. They give every bride a coordinator who ends up saving your life. What really made us fall in love with it is the fact that it is already so breathtaking and doesn't require decorations. Did I mention that their caterer, Vinwood, is absolutely amazing as well? We are foodies and the food was to die for. Our guests are still raving about the whole wedding so thank you Cruiseport and Vinwood for making us look so good!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Kendra · Married on 03/01/2013

Everything was AMAZING! The staff was wonderful and our night went flawlessly. Tanya was great, quick to respond and very helpful throughout the entire process. The food was awesome and the Cruiseport was beautiful.

Sent on 04/02/2013

julie · Married on 02/16/2013

I'm so fortunate that all of my wedding hires were the best of the best. This is true with the Cruiseport! Everyone was so nice and easy to work with.Tanya was my event planner and she was fabulous!!!!! She met with me many times and answered all of my questions some of which I'm sure I asked more then once! Really the venue there is breath taking. You don't have to decorate much since the room is so beautiful. They require you use Vinewood as the cater and initially I wasn't sure but they make the best food out there!!! We ha salmon, chicken, asparagus, mushroom risotto, 3 different pastas and 2 different salads.... All of the food was soooo good! I want to go back as a guest so I could eat more food! Being the bride/groom you get so busy but they packed up our dinners for us she we could eat them later!!! Trust me the cruiseport is one of the best places out there!!!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Laurie · Married on 01/12/2013

We were so HAPPY that we went with the Cruiseport for our wedding! What a beautiful venue and we received several comments from our guests. We had Bridget as our coordinator and we were beyond happy with her. She was amazing throughout this whole process, professional, and made it stress free for us! We would highly recommend the Cruiseport! Nick and Laurie

Sent on 02/07/2013

Kristin · Married on 12/31/2012

We visited many venues before we found Cruiseport. We instantly fell in love with the room. The fireplaces and bars are gorgeous, the windows can be lined with votives which is so romantic, the linens and place settings are classy and elegant, everything was perfect. We dealt with Tanya who was responsive throughout the entire process and amazingly attentive the day of the wedding. I wish we could do it all again. We wouldn't have changed a single thing. Cruiseport provided us the best place for our wonderful wedding.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Casey · Married on 12/07/2012

THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I could not have asked for a more perfect place to get married. The location is so beautiful right on the water, and the inside is to die for. Everything looks very modern and romantic. It was big enough for about 300 people, but I only had 110 at my wedding and we still felt like we were in a perfect fit. The cocktail hour room was so amazing, there really is not one bad thing I can say about this place. I would reccomend one thing to them, it would be to build a bridal suite in for the girls to get ready in. We made due with the gorgeous HUGE bathroom downstairs, but it would have been nice to have a suite.

Sent on 01/10/2013

lisa · Married on 11/17/2012

I knew right away that the Cruiseport was the right place for my wedding. We worked with Tanya. She is so great to work with. She is so knowledgeable, professional and responsive. As the wedding got closer my emails became more frequent. Tanya always got back to me quickly and never made me feel like any question were crazy even though I'm sure a few were! On my wedding day Tanya was right there for me. The reception went off without a hitch and I have Tanya to thank for that. The venue is so beautiful and the food from Vinwood catering is amazing. We had the perfect wedding. I am so happy we chose the Cruiseport.

Sent on 12/15/2012

I am so glad I had my wedding at Cruiseport! The ballroom (where I had both my ceremony and reception) is beautiful - I loved that I didn't have to do very much decorating because the room was already so gorgeous, complete with the fireplaces, chandeliers, hardwood floors and huge windows looking out on the harbor.

Bridget was my coordinator and she was awesome. The day flowed more smoothly that I could have imagined because of her people skills and attention to detail. Under her direction, the room was set up perfectly with very little input from me. I literally didn't have to worry about a thing all day, which in my opinion is how it should be!

The food (from Vinwood caterers) was also delicious - don't worry that they don't do food tastings, because everything is seriously good! We chose to do stations, which was a lot of fun and allowed us to provide many options.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/05/2012

I cannot say enough great things about Cruiseport Gloucester. From the very beginning stages of planning, everything was easy and clear. There were no hidden costs, etc. The co-ordinaters that I worked with were unbelievably responsive to emails and calls with questions. Cruiseport worked with us to ensure that we got everything out of day that we wanted. We have received so many comments on how unbelievable the food was and how beautiful the venue was. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Everything was perfect at Cruiseport!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Beth · Married on 09/28/2012

There is not enough space here for me to describe how happy I was with Cruiseport. The venue is exquisite, with scores of windows allowing in beautiful, natural light. A modern, elegant, neutral color palette is the perfect backdrop for any wedding and the huge space with ample room for a dance floor is a must for any party.

Not only was the venue itself stunning, but every time we had the pleasure of visiting the facility or speaking with our wedding coordinator, Bridget, we were impressed by her knowledge, professionalism, sense of humor, and her ability to make it all look so easy. As a bride planning her own wedding (and who was often very overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of it all) I can’t tell you how much I appreciated having Bridget in the driver’s seat. Bridget has a wealth of experience that allows her to make recommendations that will ensure your event is visually fantastic, and her ability to manage all of the finer details ensures your event is executed with seamless precision. As we are not from the area we needed several recommendations for other vendors which she was very easily able to provide. Bridget handled all surprises and difficult situations with grace, tact, and a determination to make sure that the job was done, and that it was done well. The timeline of our wedding was carried out without a single glitch, our guests always knew where they were supposed to be and were above all else, comfortable and well attended. The entire event planning staff at Cruiseport was phenomenal as well. My calls and emails were always answered in a timely manner; if Bridget wasn’t available, someone else was able to provide me with an answer. The service was an A+.

For details on the food see my review of Vinwood Caterers.

I was beyond pleased with our experience at Cruiseport and would absolutely recommend them to anyone considering the space for their wedding.

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Wesline

Wesline · Married on 09/03/2012

I had the pleasure of having my reception there and the ball room was nothing short of spectacular. Its spacious and just beautiful, it has like a vintage elegance in my opinion. I was so happy that my husbands mother suggested this place to me because the way my reception was handled left me literally jumping for joy. My wedding was on labor day and it was a pretty busy weekend for me so when i went to drop everything off for the tiny touches of decorations i wanted to add i was late. But they still let me set up a table so that they had an idea of what i wanted, and even with the decorations i wasn't sure of how i wanted them they said they would work something out. After the ceremony i walked into Cruiseport and it was like something out of a dream. It was exactly how I'd imagined it and i could not stop jumping from my glee. The staff at Cruiseport went above and beyond to make my wedding day picture perfect. And working with Bridget was just amazing and stress free. She made everything easy, listed everything we needed to discuss and she was just so friendly. She made it almost too easy to plan my wedding and i really appreciate that. She also suggested such an amazing DJ which also just made the night that much more amazing that i didn't want it to end. Cruiseport is just so fun to decorate and they know just where to put the tiniest of touches to make it even more magical. Also the catering that they have is phenomenal. I was a little worried because i was not able to go to the taste testing which they have so couples would know what they wanted on the menu so my husband and i blindly decided. They did not let us down. Guests were coming up to us saying how amazing the food was. And i of course had a little of everything. I would recommend Bridget and Cruiseport to anyone who would like a fairytale wedding because they aim to please.

Sent on 09/20/2012

meghan · Married on 09/02/2012

Gloucester Cruiseport was the location of my Labor Day weekend wedding. When we booked the venue over a year ago, I knew we made the right decision. Tanya was our event coordinator there and she was AMAZING. I have a bit of a type A personality, a little bit of a control freak and she was so calm, so confident, and worked so hard to make sure our vision came to life. SUPER easy to get in contact with. A phone call was answered that moment or returned the same day or a day later. An email was responded to almost immediately. Our meetings were organized, to the point, and VERY professionally handled, yet always with a friendly smile and hand shake. The food was amazing, the staff attentive, the atmosphere just perfect!!! We cant say enough wonderful things about the Cruiseport GLoucester and Tanya. Book your wedding or any other event there and your every need, want, or request will be taken care of!!!!!! Every aspect was amazing!

Sent on 09/07/2012
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 08/18/2012

Had our wedding here and it was fantastic! The food was to die for, every guest had nothing but great things to say about the food, venue...everything! It was a perfect day

Sent on 09/05/2012

Joe & Rosita · Married on 07/27/2012

Cruisport is one of the best venue's on the North Shore....Bridget is the most professional and personable coordinator you could wish for...including all the wonderful staff of wedding coordinators there. Her attention to detail and overall commitment to your wedding will surely make a difference. We had the most beautiful wedding...perfect! The food and service cannot be matched and I highly recommend having your special day at the beautiful Cruiseport Gloucester...you will not go wrong!

Sent on 08/22/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/15/2012

Working with Cruiseport was a dream from beginning to end. We worked with Bridget and she was there for us every step of the way and extremely helpful explaining what the timeline of the day would be and what to expect along the way. We had a lot of decor items we wanted her to set up (puzzle guest book, escort cards, over 150 candles to light & place, various signs etc.) and not only did it look perfect on the day of, but they also packaged it up really nicely for us to take home after the wedding was over. The venue itself was stunning--we chose it because of the rich hardwood floors, high ceilings, crystal chandeliers and the fact that this venue was pretty new and modern. A lot of places we looked at had ugly carpets, ugly chairs and just felt like something that may be good for more than just weddings (which is fine, but we were planning a wedding!). I could not have been happier with Cruiseport and highly recommend it to anyone! The only downside I can see people having is that it is "all the way in Gloucester", but a lot of our guests made it into a weekend trip and spent time in Rockport or Gloucester and got to experience a different side of Massachusetts!

Sent on 04/27/2012
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 12/31/2011

Everyone at Cruisport was so helpful to us and made our day go by perfectly. We worked with wonderful event planning professionals. Bridget (our planner) was absolutely amazing and took care of any hesitations that I had. Both the ceremony and reception look flawless and I am so happy we chose Cruiseport.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Katie · Married on 10/29/2011

Cruiseport was the most perfect site for our ceremony and reception. In the last few months leading up to our wedding, we worked closely with Bridget Jaramillo who was very helpful in answering emails/phone calls and giving her opinion on any questions we asked. Bridget was working short staffed but always seemed cool and composed which made us feel the same way. She assured us that anything we requested would be taken care of. Everything was amazing. The ceremony set up on the main floor overlooking the water was beautiful… even during the Nor’easter! The food stations were spaciously arranged and organized. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Bridget even helped me bustle my complicated dress. And at the end of the night we all dreaded packing everything up and bringing it to the car but Bridget and her staff made sure to have everything ready to go for us which was very helpful! We strongly recommend Cruiseport to anyone looking for a wedding venue!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Michaelagh · Married on 09/30/2011

I cannot say enough about Cruiseport and Bridget Jaramillo, the Event Manager in charge of our wedding. The venue is gorgeous, and Bridget was just so organized and responsive to all my emails (and there were A LOT) pre-wedding. On the day, she made me feel so calm and reassured helping me with my dress, letting me get a sneak peak of the reception set-up before the guests came in, and just generally always asking how things were, telling me when it was time to do certain things like cut the cake, and quietly keeping everything working like clockwork so that I could just relax and have fun! People said our wedding was the best wedding they had been to (and my family is huge with weddings ALL the time), and I am so glad we made this choice. They are really helpful in taking care of things like linen rentals for you, coordinating all the catering through their exclusive caterer Vinwoods, and just generally taking care of things and helping in any way you need with questions, etc. in the run-up to the wedding. So professional and so worth every penny spent!

Sent on 01/22/2012

Katie · Married on 09/16/2011

Amazing and Gorgeous!!! Fell in love the second we walked in Cruiseport. High ceilings, dark hardwood floors, floor to ceiling windows, fireplaces, and all open space. There's nothing worse than sitting at a table with an obstructed view, and I loved that everyone could see everything going on and every seat in the house was a good one. Bridgett was amazing to deal with, always professional, super helpful, and always prompt responses. And answered any questions I had. I can't say enough how much I loved Cruiseport and that my guests thought it was amazing.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Tina · Married on 09/03/2011

Cruiseport Gloucester is by far one of the most beautiful reception venues on the North Shore. The feedback from our guests has been extremely positive, and words truely cannot describe Cruiseport. You have to see this venue for youself, but I garuntee one visit and you will be booking. Everything the day of our wedding was beyond our expectation. The staff did an amazing job making our dream wedding a reality. The georgeous ball room and breathtaking view set the perfect background for our absolutely amazing picutres. The ease of planning, and stress free meetings made planning our day even more exciting. Trust me, no review can explain how amazing Cruiseport is.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Alex · Married on 07/22/2011

We used Cruiseport for our reception venue. They were amazing. The staff was all very helpful and attentive. The space was large and open so no one felt cramped. They made sure myself and my husband were well taken care of, even had someone preparing our dinner plate for us (we used stations) so we didn't have to get up from the table. My bridesmaids and I were able to come early to the bridal suite to get ready, and just be able to relax without having to feel rushed. Everyone commented on how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had there. I would definitely recommend Cruiseport to anyone.

Sent on 08/08/2011

The only thing i can say about this place is how IMPECCABLY gorgeous this venue is! The scenery is perfect. A bit of industrial Gloucester but all elegance. Our wedding/event planner Ed is so great! He is laid back and never failed to meet every single small detail we requested. He is easy to communicate with, which is an important part when a bride has so many details to achieve! Thank you again. All of our guests want us to make it a yearly event! So maybe we will see you next year. Thank you again, we had the most amazing wedding ever.

-Angela and Chris

Sent on 05/03/2011

Melissa · Married on 04/09/2011

We had our wedding here on April 9, 2011 and Cruiseport is AMAZING! The day that I first when to check out Cruiseport, I had been to 5 other venues. The second I stepped into Cruiseport I knew I was having our wedding there - no matter the cost! I had looked at every hotel in Boston, tons of country clubs, but Cruiseport offers something really different and special. Their views are breath-taking and the space is gorgeous - very open and flexible. Floor to ceiling windows with a view of the ocean - it's incredible. They use Vin Wood as their caterer and it is a delicious choice!

All of the staff at Cruiseport is professional, helpful, flexible and truly cares about each event. I'm an event planner for a living and I had high expectations and was very picky. Cruiseport did not ever fall short. They helped make our wedding perfect - our guests were in awe! Book them quickly - they are sure to be the new hot venue for any event, but especially weddings!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Kathleen · Married on 12/11/2010

The Cruiseport was gorgeous, and the service was not to be beat. I have never been to a wedding that went so smoothly from start to finish, the staff was amazing as well as extremely professional, especially Tamie, the venue planner. I recommend this venue to anyone looking. My only regret is not paying for an extra hour at the venue. None of our guests wanted to go home!

Sent on 01/03/2011