Cruiseport Gloucester Reviews

Cruiseport Gloucester 3
Cruiseport Gloucester 4
Cruiseport Gloucester 5

Linnea · Married on 01/02/2016

Cruiseport is the place to have your wedding if you would like an all-around fantastic wedding! First off, everyone at Cruiseport was so incredibly nice, easy to work with, flexible, and accommodating. The entire staff were simply wonderful and kind people. The venue is gorgeous, with great windows, very clean and elegant, with hardwood floors, painted walls, chandeliers, and two fire places. Our guests also said that it was some of the best wedding food they ever had. We had a winter wedding, and our guests have sent us a number of emails and Facebook messages saying that it was one of the best that they have been to, which I attribute a good deal to Cruiseport.

Sent on 01/05/2016

The Cruiseport was amazing to work with, very professional and really simplified the planning process with their attention to detail. The beautiful room and our wonderful coordinator, Ellen, made it the perfect day. I would highly recommend this venue based on the value, quality and staff.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Katie · Married on 11/08/2015

Everything about working with Cruiseport, especially with Ellen, was amazing. There was always someone there to answer my questions and make me feel comfortable and relaxed, which is so important when dealing with all the stresses of planning a wedding. I can't thank them enough for all they did to make the day so special :)

Sent on 11/25/2015

Leah · Married on 10/31/2015

We had our wedding at Cruiseport on Halloween weekend and it was perfect. We booked the venue about 10 months in advance and were assigned a wedding coordinator to help us through the whole process. About three months before our wedding, the coordinator assigned to us left her position and we were assigned to someone else. It's safe to say that we were nervous that this was happening so close to our wedding date, but it turned out to be a blessing. While we liked our original coordinator, she had clearly been there a long time and wasn’t open to many ideas and kind of told us how she thought our wedding should go. Our new coordinator was Erica Curtis and we loved her! (As well as Heather, who was there helping our whole wedding day.) She helped us plan, gave suggestions when we needed it, and basically just handled everything. Obviously the weekend of the wedding can be a little hectic, but she had everything covered and I truly didn’t worry about anything after speaking with her during our drop off time, which was the day before. I wish I knew all of the names of the staff members who worked our event because they were all great and, truthfully, so kind. We did the ceremony, cocktail hour, pictures, and reception all in one location, which was so easy for us and for our guests. The venue is obviously beautiful, as you can see from all of the pictures, but I can’t say enough nice things about the whole experience and how easy planning our wedding through Cruiseport really was.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Lorri · Married on 10/23/2015

CruisePort Gloucester was amazing to work with! Ellen was a fabulous coordinator and so very helpful from the beginning to the very end. The food at our rehearsal, cocktail hour and reception was absolutely delicious and the wait staff were so friendly. I received nothing but compliments from our guests on how amazing everything was. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to have a classy (yet affordable) wedding.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2015

I could not have asked for a better wedding venue or coordinator. Ellen was absolutely the best! I actually loved working with her so much I am going to have to go an visit her! She went above and beyond her scope for me and no matter what the question was the answer was always YES! Words can not express how much I enjoyed working with her, and how perfect she made my special day. If I could do it all over again I would not change one thing! The staff and Ellen at Cruiseport are amazing!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2015

We were so incredibly pleased with our experience at Cruiseport. The staff truly went above and beyond. The atmosphere and setting were beautiful, the food was great and the overall experience was nothing short of perfect. If anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it, which I believe is exactly how it should be. Vinwood did a terrific job with the food. The wait staff was so attentice. Our guests are still raving about what an incredible event it was!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Leslie · Married on 08/29/2015

I am so happy with my decision to make Cruiseport my reception location. I continue to get compliments on how beautiful everything was!! They were so professional and took care of everything, making my day stress free! Beth really was the absolute best! The floor to ceiling windows are BEAUTIFUL.. I recommend spending the money and getting the candles in each window, people really did notice!! And of course, the food was awesome as well. I would 100% recommend this place to anyone !

Sent on 10/06/2015

Alesandra · Married on 08/14/2015

I just had my wedding at Cruisport on August 14th 2015. It was the perfect wedding! Everything was amazing! Not one complaint from any guest only compliments. The food was wonderful. They're very easy to work with as well. Best day of my life.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Shana · Married on 07/25/2015

From the moment that we toured The Cruiseport we knew that it was going to be the place where we would celebrate our wedding day. I loved the gorgeous hardwood floors, floor to ceiling weddings (that look fabulous when lit with candles), outside deck, and stunning chandeliers. I had heard many great things about the venue and its staff members. Anyone who had ever attended always raved about how spectacular it was. Meeting with Ellen sealed the deal for me. I knew instantly that I had made the right decision when we sat down and she put me at ease. Ellen answered any question that my family or myself had, in person, via email or over the phone. It got to the point where I would look forward to our meetings just to hang out and see the Cruiseport all over again! For me Ellen helped to make the overwhelming process of planning a wedding far less stressful. The day of our wedding it was amazing to see our complete vision come true. From start to finish, everything was perfect. The entire venue was set up EXACTLY the way I had envisioned. Ellen checked in on my husband and I throughout the night and reminded us of the little things that we would’ve probably forgotten to do because we were having so much fun! She guided us through the night without being in the way. People still tell us how much fun they had at our wedding, how gorgeous the Cruiseport was and how attentive and kind their entire staff was that evening. The food and drinks were all delicious and everyone raved about it all! Even when unlikely events came up, Ellen and her staff handled them without inconveniencing anyone. Clean up was effortless for us. Everything was all packed up for us at the end of the night so we could pick up our things the next morning. In my opinion there is not a prettier venue around! I am waiting for another event in my life to come up so I can plan it at the Cruiseport! ;)

Sent on 10/06/2015

Carol · Married on 07/24/2015

Great reception venue and rehearsal dinner on the boat. It was a wonderful weekend.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception at the Cruiseport and we could not have chosen a better location. Ellen was amazing and our night was perfect. I wish I could plan it all over again!

Sent on 10/21/2015
  • User4281971 · 2+ years ago

We had our rehearsal dinner on the Beauport Princess. The boat was beautiful and the food was amazing. We had a lobster bake and our guests absolutely loved it! The tables were set beautifully with everything you needed to eat some lobster. Drinks were also very good. The DJ that was there that night also catered to us even though there were other people on the first deck of the boat. We had amazing weather and a beautiful sunset!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Heather · Married on 03/28/2015

5 stars is an understatement for this venue and their staff. Working with event managers such as Ellen, Jamie and others from Cruisport made my weekend even more spectacular than I could have ever imagined. The room looked beautiful, everything was placed exactly where I wanted and the service was outstanding. I am still getting texts and calls from guests about the staff from Cruiseport. Ellen checked in with me multiple times throughout the night to hand me a drink or help with anything I needed. She set up the candy bar, late night snacks throughout the night without having to bother me with the process. I would recommend this venue to anyone, anyday! Thanks Cruisport for making m wedding the BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES!

Sent on 03/30/2015

Janine · Married on 02/28/2015

Our wedding ceremony and reception were pure magic. Bridget was so very professional and accommodating. We even had a few last minute emergencies (like needing to find and new officiate only 10 days before the wedding) and she was amazingly helpful. When we showed up for the wedding, the venue looked absolutely stunning, vendors were coordinated perfectly and everything ran smoothly - and to my husband and me - it seemed like magic. The food was delicious. The staff was wonderful. This venue was worth every penny. We had a wonderful wedding and have Bridget and the Cruiseport staff to thank for it.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Ellen was our wedding coordinator for our special day. She not only coordinated our event, but she provided advice related to all parts of our wedding. Her upbeat personality made working with her so easy. I felt as if I gained a friend through this process. She was prompt to respond to any questions we had up until the day of the wedding. During the night of the wedding, she checked on us numerous times to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and were satisfied. Also there was a male member of the Cruiseport that made sure all out needs were take care of. We could not be happier with the gorgeous venue and service provided to us.

Sent on 03/14/2015

Kerry · Married on 10/10/2014

We used the Cruiseport as our reception venue and it was absolutely perfect. We couldn't be happier with the service we received both prior to and on the day-of the wedding! Our guests have raved to us that we had the best wedding ever and set the bar way too high, and I highly attribute this to Ellen (our wedding coordinator) and her staff at the Cruiseport. Their on-site caterer, Vinwood, had the most delicious food and the filet mignon was cooked perfectly - we had multiple guests rave about the food and especially the passed cocktails (bride prosecco and groom jameson/ginger!) Selling points for me were no wedding carpet (all hardwood floors, a dream for me! Plus more room for dancing!) the floor to ceiling windows with the tealights at night, and the beautiful deck just outside which our guests enjoyed on the perfect October night we had! I knew anytime that I reached out that I would receive a response as soon as possible, and Ellen did an amazing job of bringing my vision to life from the box of "stuff" that we dropped off on the day prior to the wedding. This is truly an amazing venue with a great staff and I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to get married on the water!

Sent on 02/05/2015

The Cruiseport staff was amazing, and I highly recommend them. We had booked the Harbor View Room for a brunch the day after our wedding. We were on a tight budget, and the staff was very attentive to that. We, at different points, interacted with every member of Cruiseport’s wedding team, and each person was responsive and professional.

Unfortunately, our initial venue went bankrupt a few months before our wedding. We had no idea what to do, so we immediately called the Cruiseport to help wrap our heads around the situation. Bridget dropped everything to meet with us. She showed us all of the spaces for the wedding ceremony and reception, she offered to credit our lost deposit at the initial venue, and she helped us brainstorm about what we would do for hotel rooms and all of the other details. We ended up booking at a different venue that had hotel rooms, but we were very impressed with the Cruiseport.

We ended up changing the date of our wedding, and the Cruiseport seamlessly changed our brunch to the new weekend. The brunch itself was fantastic. People raved about the food, and the staff checked in regularly. They even served our leftover ice cream cake from the wedding reception the night before.

I highly recommend the Cruiseport for any event. They were the easiest vendor to work with and everything ran so smoothly.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Kristine · Married on 08/15/2014

Our wedding was amazing....and the process to get to the wedding day was wonderful, thanks to Ellen at Cruiseport Gloucester. When we went looking at wedding venues, we were blown away by the amazing venue, the responsiveness and kindness of the coordinators, and the value. We booked our date quickly as we were very happy with everything from the get-go. We knew we had found a gem! From the consultations with Ellen, to the emails, and step by step process, we couldn't have done it without Ellen. She is awesome and really has a passion for her job. Cruiseport Gloucester is not only beautiful, but the food through Vinwood Caterers (only option) was amazing at both the tasting and our wedding. Our guests were raving about our food from cocktail hour, dinner, and dessert. Everything was perfect. Our guests loved the views out back, the patio area during the reception, and the helpfulness and kindness of all the staff during our wedding was truly noted. I wouldn't change anything about our wedding at Cruiseport Gloucester. And, when you do pick Cruiseport, ask for Ellen. She is truly one of the best.

Sent on 08/17/2014

My wedding team of Bridget and Sheree were nothing short of amazing?? My wedding day was the best day of my life and I owe it all to Cruiseport! While planning my wedding I was also packing up to move to another state the day after my wedding, starting a renovation and also preparing to start up a new territory for my job and I can honestly say the only thing I didn't need to worry about was my fabulous wedding planner and venue! Thank you to everyone who created a magical and flawless wedding experience at Cruiseport! I would highly recommend this venue as well as their yaught the Beauport Princess to anyone looking for an Amazing rehearsal dinner and wedding day!

??Tina

Sent on 01/29/2016

Huma · Married on 06/20/2014

Can I give this review more than 5 stars? The Cruiseport Gloucester is just a beautiful venue with outstanding service. From the wait staff, complimentary valet, the patio with heated lamps, beautiful crystal chandeliers, no ugly carpets/ gleaming hard wood floors, chivalry chairs, beautiful linens, I can go on and on. I had the pleasure of working with Ellen and she was so focused on our wedding being the way we wanted. Her focus was to make us happy and thats exactly what she did. We had a Pakistani wedding reception that was new to Cruiseport and the venue assisted with setting up my stage, assisted with lining up the introduction (which could have been chaos because you were dealing with 17 girls); they took the time to understand tradition, culture and food. My parents were concerned with the food because they have never been but I have already been there 3 times for other weddings and the food was delicious. Anyways, Ellen set up a meeting with the chef and he was so detailed in explaining what they were making that my parents left there with their mouths watering. Ellen answered every call, every email: she truly made the planning more fun than stressful. And even during the wedding, I noticed she was on point with everything. Frequently asking Bobby and I if we needed anything, checked with our guests if they were fine. Here's maybe too much information: I had my Invisalign wrapped in napkin while I ate dinner, her staff cleared my table and Ellen managed to find it. Too much information? Maybe. But bottom line: Ellen, her team, her staff and Cruiseport as a whole were AMAZING! The best choice. I hope I get the opportunity to host another big event, maybe celebrate our 1 year anniversary and do it all over again :). Ok ... 25th :) xo Love you Cruiseport!!!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Tina · Married on 06/07/2014

We walked into the Cruiseport and I knew immediately it was where I wanted to have our reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful, Ellen was our wedding planner and she was excellent, and the price was very reasonable compared to other venues we looked it. The food was great and our guests enjoyed having drinks on the outdoor deck. We had an amazing wedding day and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 07/02/2014
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/27/2014

I really can't say enough about my experience at the Cruiseport. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! We had some different ideas and Kathryn (Ellen, Beth) were extremely accommodating to our "vision." They handled every aspect with the utmost professionalism. I would HIGHLY recommend any couple that is looking for a gorgeous waterfront venue, an exceptional staff to make every step of your process an easy one, and to know that your wedding will be everything you imagined, to check out Cruiseport. My one complaint.....my wedding is over! Thank you to the entire staff for everything...you made our day more perfect than imaginable.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Ellen was amazing with all my wedding planning details at the Cruiseport! She was always available and very helpful with ALL my many questions. She even helped my maid of honor bustle my dress during the wedding reception. She is a truly a hands-on, superb event planner and made our big day even more special with all the attention she gave to our every need!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Cecile · Married on 04/05/2014

It's hard to find the words to express how fantastic our experience was, with not only the Cruiseport, but with Ellen in particular. Her email responses were prompt and friendly. She was incredibly patient with my million questions and took the time to get to know not only me, but my groom and my parents. Being a teacher, my hours are pretty set in stone, but Ellen was very flexible with meeting times. Everyone was completely comfortable and relaxed for our big day. During the reception I would see Ellen out of the corner of my eye taking care of every detail. I used a lot of the Cruiseport's preferred vendors, Audrey's Flower Shop and Beniot-McCarthy photography and both were excellent as well.

Sent on 06/08/2014