Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront Reviews

Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 1
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 2
Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 3

Deirdre · Married on 06/28/2018

My husband and I chose the Crowne Plaza Melbourne because of their great tent and back deck space for our wedding in late June 2018. We worked with Christina Earp, who is a gem. From the beginning, she offered us insight and ideas, as well as helping us locate vendors for our celebration. She was always great in getting back to us as we planned our wedding from 1000 miles away. We had a lot of fun looking through their menus and decided on a grill theme, starting with a bacon bar as the appetizer. It was delicious. Everyone involved that night were helpful, kind and always making sure we were having a great time and we were! If we could do it again, we would! I mention the following but only to let you know about how the hotel comes together as a group when dealing with issues and both were only weather related and resolved. The hurricane from last year caused the hotel to have to close down rooms, but the sales staff directed us to other hotels along the strip, and set up their van for pick up and drop offs from where our guests stayed at. Of course it rained on the day of our wedding, because, Florida, and we barely had time to have our full beach ceremony before the heavens opened up. Christina was down on the sand with us and held an umbrella over us as we finished our vows and the staff ushered us under the tent and greeted us with towels. We cannot recommend the staff at Crowne Plaza Melbourne and the beautiful setting enough.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Brittney · Married on 03/17/2018

Our experience with the Crowne Plaza made wedding planning a breeze! The girls were fabulous with communication, specifically the coordinator Christina. Our only regret is not having the Reception there as well! If you’re deciding whether this would be a good fit- don’t think anymore! This is a stunning venue with a wonderful coordination crew. Our guests were raving about the beautiful ocean views for weeks after!

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 4
    Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 5
    Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront 6

pat · Married on 12/07/2016

YES! consider having your event here my sons wedding was at the crowne plaza in the tent. The most perfect nite even had a ROCKET LAUNCH spectacular! Christina Earpe was wonderful and caring in every detail and crazy questions I asked. We became quite close and I will miss her.Rooms were perfect everyone in hotel especially front desk were so helpful,a special shout out to Orlando stayed on top of the event .makeup artist the best Logan Salon Jw Orlando. Jeff Carr photography,.Cake So Simple. SOPHISTICATED gents dj , kl WEDDINGS FOR draping the poles in tent.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Mary · Married on 10/29/2016

Crowne aplaza is the best place for your wedding. The venue is so beautiful. We had so much fun. Christina Earp was our contact at Crowne and she helped to make our day so very special. At the end of the day we felt like we made a friend in Christina. You can't go wrong and your guest will love that they have an added bonus of a place to stay should they dance too much! LOL

Sent on 11/19/2016

Mary · Married on 10/22/2016

Crowne is the best. No need to look anywhere else. Christina is the best and everything was just perfect. Plus our out of town guest had a place to sleep and our locals stayed too and where able to drink and not worry about driving. I used DJ and florist they recommended and they where the best. So happy.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner BBQ (4/29/16) and our wedding (4/30/16) at the Crowne Plaza Oceanfront, Melbourne. We planned our wedding from Massachusetts and only met Lauren and Alexis once in June 2015. Both Lauren and Alexis made the process so easy and stress free. Our wedding was truly amazing and so memorable. I would do it all over again (and wish we could). Everyone is still talking about our wedding and how smooth everything went.

From booking rooms to assisting me with my wedding dress on the day of the wedding both Alexis and Lauren went above and beyond for us. We would highly recommend this venue and working with Alexis and Lauren for your next event.

My only recommendation is if you have welcome bags for your guests, delegate someone from your wedding party to deliver them to your guests. The front desk staff never got it right even with a well organized excel spreadsheet. We ended up delivering the remainder of our welcome bags the Friday before our wedding. This was the only thing that didn't go as planned and in the grand scheme of things, it was minute!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Briana · Married on 03/21/2015

The hotel was beautiful and the employees were professional and kind. I would do it all over again at this hotel. Just make sure you start early on photography in order to stay on track with the timeline of the catering managers.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Veronica · Married on 03/14/2015

We had our wedding at the Crowne Plaza Melbourne oceanfront and were so impressed with the venue and quality of service and communication with the staff. There were 2 changes in event coordinator staff members throughout the year from the time of our booking to our wedding day. This could have been a negative thing, however, we were amazed at the smooth transitions. Our coordinator, Christina, new EVERYTHING that we had discussed with the previous event coordinators. It felt as if we had been working with Christina Towers throughout the entire process. She was available and attentive to all my questions and provided excellent advise and suggestions when needed. She was AMAZING, so helpful and perfect in making our day go smoothly. She made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Our guests have been commenting on how beautiful the venue and accommodations were. Thanks!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Kelley · Married on 03/07/2015

Lauren is awesome!!!! So great to work with! The food is excellent!!!!

Sent on 04/04/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/20/2015

I had my wedding at the gazebo overlooking th ocean and it was absolutely breathe taking. It was a perfect location for a beach themed wedding with ought the hase of the sand. The staff was easy to work with, especially Lauren Beaulac. My husband and I had a blast spending our special day at Crowne Plaza. A lot of our guests were from out of town or state, and it was very convenient for everyone to stay there while attending our wedding. They had complimentary shuttle service to and from Melbourne airport which wirked out great for us. We had our reception in the grand ballroom which was perfect size for us. Beautiful location, excellent service, and a perfect place for a beach wedding. Thank you Crowne Plaza!!!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Jorge · Married on 12/27/2014

Every thing was as promised great food and service by staff and every thing went like planed. It was a delightful experience

Sent on 01/08/2015

Tara and Andrew · Married on 10/25/2014

Lauren was amazing throughout the entire process of our wedding planning. We put our trust in her and the day of our wedding couldn't have gone any smoother. She always responded in a timely manner, was flexible with our requests and made us feel ccomfortable that we didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of the wedding. The location is beautiful and staff was very accomodating. Food was fantastic.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Allie · Married on 06/06/2014

I had a wedding for 97 people at the crowne plaza. We used their gazebo for our ceremony and catered to my request for how I wanted the chairs placed. The view next to the ocean was one of a kind. We then had the reception under their tent on the outside deck. It was absolutely beautiful. Lauren Beaumont was our wedding coordinator at the crowne plaza and I could not have asked for a better person to handle everything. She coordinated everything with all my outside vendors, made sure everything was how I wanted it during set up and most importantly I felt like she cared about my wedding as much as I did. I have had so many guests comment on how breathtaking the view and venue was. I would highly highly recommend her and the crowne plaza.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Cindy · Married on 05/22/2014

We had our beach themed wedding here. Jackie was such a great help in planning the event and pick our meals. The wait staff, front desk,mgmt were all fantastic! We would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue.....or even someone that just wants a good meal in their restaurant or drink at the bar. our wedding went off without a hitch. Thank you Crowne Plaza

Sent on 05/31/2014

I had my wedding at the Crowne Plaza and I was very satisfied with everything. Everyone was very nice and did their very best to help make us happy. We did our wedding outside at the gazebo and then the reception at the pavilion. They made our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2013

Lauren Beaulac and Allie Zamora were such a huge help to me when I was planning my wedding at the Crowne Plaza! Lauren, the Catering/Sales Manager, guided me every step of the way. She was very helpful with planning tips, the best offers to go with, and just how to make the day fun, easy, and well planned. Allie, the Social Rooms Coordinator, made sure I had enough rooms set aside for my guests coming in town for my wedding with the best price available. I would love to have another event here some day. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront if you want your wedding ceremony and reception in a nice, classy hotel...with ocean view!!! Who can go wrong with an event on the beach? Thank you again Lauren and Allie!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Julia · Married on 03/30/2013

My husband and I met at the Crowne Plaza and since then we always stay there, its our favorite hotel to stay at, not only because its right on the beach, but its a beautiful place! The rooms are really nice, the beds are sooooo comfortable and the people are really friendly! So, that being said, we knew we always wanted to get married there, so we did! Lauren was our wedding coordinator and she was phenomenal at her job! She made sure everything went perfect for me and our wedding really did turn out perfect! The staff/waitors were great, and the food was really good! I have had many of my guests tell me the food was extremely good! The only thing I would have changed is I wish my husband and I could have ate some of the food :( We only had 1 out of the 4 hors d'oeuvres but that's not really their fault, we were so busy with pictures and talking to the guests we never really got around to it (I hear that's every bride and groom). Our ceremony gazebo was beautiful overlooking the beach and the reception room was perfect and we also got to stay in the bride and groom suite the night before (with my girls) and the night of (with my new hubby) and the room was huge and really nice!! I loved everything about it!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Viva · Married on 02/14/2013

Due to rain, we end up having the ceremony inside. It was still a memorable moment. Thank you Lauren for all your assistance. The ballroom was elegantly decorated.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Allyson · Married on 11/27/2011

I planned my destination wedding without ever having seen the venue. I was so happy with everything. The staff was wonderful, Lauren was a pleasure to work with. They took care of everything, even things that weren't necessarily their responsibility. Thanks for a great day!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 11/13/2010

It was the perfect location!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Dustin · Married on 07/23/2010

The Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront did an awesome job with the venue. The food was excellent and the planner Lauren was nice as could be and was happy to meet our every need. Of course it decided to rain the day of our wedding but the staff already had an alternative on the deck with a huge tent. All of the food was delicious and wedding suite was big and has a huge balcony on the top floor facing out to the ocean.

I would reccomend anyone looking for a venue to go and check out the Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront.

Sent on 12/12/2011
  • GABride

Heather · Married on 04/09/2010

Perfect... far exceeded my expectations! joyce was a godsend. The staff at the Crowne wined and dined me all night. They made me feel like a princess. It was ... Perfect.

Sent on 04/11/2010

Lania · Married on 05/25/2008

Sindy and staff were great! Andrew is our favorite staff member and he treated us great! It was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 08/06/2008
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 07/12/2014

When I was searching to find our venue for our wedding, the Crowne Plaza was one of the first places that came to my mind. After meeting with Lauren, I knew that this was going to be the perfect venue for our reception. They have an incredible wedding packages that come with so many things that other hotels and vendors did NOT include in their packages (and often charged extra for). Lauren answered my countless e-mails (Sorry Lauren!) and was more than happy to help me throughout the planning process. She even set up all of the decor for our wedding, so that I didn't need to stress about it.

The food was delicious (hors d'oeuvres and plated dinner), the service was wonderful and Lauren is truly an asset to the team. We are so glad that we chose the Crowne Plaza for our reception.

The only negative was not related to the services or Lauren at all. There was a security guard who was giving us an awful time when we tried to do our sparkler send-off on the beach. I had already spoken with Lauren and others at the Crowne who promised that it would not be an issue. However, this guy was awful, completely rude to me (the bride for pete's sake) and almost wouldn't budge on the issue. My incredible vendor team (DJ Shane and Indica Woodruff) came to the rescue and informed him that they'd done this on the deck before and that we'd received approval from Lauren. He then said, "Who's Lauren?" How can you not know the wedding coordinator at your hotel?! Needless to say, we did the sparkler send-off on the deck just like Lauren said we could!

Other than that little annoying mishap, the experience was incredible and I can't thank the Crowne Plaza enough for everything they did to make our day amazing.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Danielle · Married on 04/26/2014

This place was amazing! The staff was so helpful, especially Lauren our wedding coordinator! They helped with all the last minute details and the little things that went wrong. She was amazing with keeping me calm and together right before I walked down the isle! I highly recommend this hotel for future weddings.

Sent on 08/06/2014