Crowne Plaza Indianapolis-Dwtn-Union Stn Reviews

28 Reviews for Crowne Plaza Indianapolis-Dwtn-Union Stn

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth Allum · Getting married on 05/29/2020

The Best Experience

Megan from the Crowne Plaza was the first vendor we met with and she set the bar so high no one else even came close to matching it. Incredibly responsive, which made us feel VERY well taken care of and completely secure in the process. The venue itself is GORGEOUS and perfect for what we were looking for: classic and timeless. The structure has beautiful details, which means we really didn't need to add many extra details. It was exactly what we were looking for!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Catherine · Married on 01/19/2019

Highly Recommend

I don’t have anything but amazing things to say about Crowne Plaza Downtown Indy. My husband and I got married in the Illinois Ballroom, which overlooks Illinois Street downtown. The venue itself was beautiful but the people and service were remarkable. Casey Perry was our Wedding Coordinator; she was always responsive, kind and helpful. She personally sees to ensuring the wedding décor is setup the way you intended. Devin was our wedding day coordinator, ensuring the day of the wedding everything goes smoothly. Devin went above and beyond his responsibilities. The servers and bartenders were fantastic as well. It was so clear the entire venue wanted to make this day as special as they could.

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 12/01/2018

Magical Night

My husband and I had the best experience with the Crowne Plaza. I love old buildings, and the Illinois Street Ballroom was the perfect fit for us. It wasn't overwhelmingly grand, but had the perfect view of the cityscape (even our church was within sight), and the magical Christmas feel (they provided us with a large Christmas tree in the room). It provided the perfect old time, intimate feel among the city lights. Couldn't have been better! The staff and Casey were wonderful to work with!

Sent on 12/18/2018

gabby · Married on 08/18/2018

The staff went above and beyond for us on our day. It was an afforadable venue with that didn’t affect the quality of the service. Everyone was amazing, especially Casey.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Erica · Married on 06/08/2018

My wedding was truly better than I could have ever imagine thanks to this venue. The planning started with Casey Perry! She was extremely professional and organized from the start. She made the wedding planning process exponentially easier and brought my vision to life. The venue is absolutely stunning in of itself which takes the pressure off of decorating. So many of my guests commented on how breathtaking the Grand Hall was. It was so convenient having the bar and catering taken care of at the venue as well. I am still receiving compliments on how great the food was! If you are planning a wedding in the Indy area, I strongly urge you to at least tour Union Station because one look at it sold me!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Doris · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at the Grand Hall - I’ll skip talking about how beautiful and unique this venue is because that is evident when you go and check it out. I’ll focus on how everyone at Crowne Plaza was an absolute dream to work with. They made our day incredibly worry free and were able to accommodate exactly what my husband and I envisioned. Everything from set up, to food and beverage was amazing and we were able to customize things important to us (a few of which were getting a keg from my hometown microbrewery, a napkin fold I found on pintrest haha, a specialized drink my mom made growing up, as well as a taco and tequila late night snack that wasn’t on the menu), all while working with me to add and subtract things that would work within our budget… We still get so many compliments on how amazing everything was including the food. I’ve heard of so many brides that have something that bothered them about their wedding but try and make the most of it when they look back… I can genuinely say that I never had that moment thanks to the incredible team at Crowne Plaza – everything was beyond perfect. Special shout out to Desiree – she was so incredible to work with and took care of absolutely everything for me. I can’t thank y’all enough for making my husband and I’s day so special.

Sent on 07/08/2018
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/22/2016

My husband and I got married in the grand ballroom at Union Station and absolutely loved it. We could not be more happy on how well our wedding day went. The venue, staff, food, etc. was amazing! Desiree our coordinator was outstanding and did a great job making sure we were happy all throughout the night! I would highly recommend this venue to any bride and groom for their wedding day!!

Sent on 08/11/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Union Station at the end of August, and it was better than I could have ever imagined. The entire planning process was very smooth due to the expertise and dedication of Megan, Ashlee and Desiree. Whenever we had a question or an issue, they were very prompt and handled everything so calmly. They were very flexible with everything that we suggested and requested during the planning process and the wedding weekend. The food was AMAZING - the macadamia chicken and venetian filet are highly recommended. Even the salad was just so good. The guests had an amazing time and I am very thankful for all that the Crowne Plaza did to make that happen.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Jill · Married on 07/10/2015

From start to finish, Megan and her crew made our wedding planning experience seamless. Megan is an amazing human being to say the very least; she's accommodating and will bend over backwards to make sure everything looks effortless. We didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm not the type to have had an image of a "dream wedding," but the Crowne Plaza kind of provides that on its own. I'm vegan, and the catering staff created some of the tastiest dishes I could have imagined at our wedding, and Megan sent us probably 100 budgets to get us to the number we needed to be at; CP is by far the most affordable downtown Indy option. The staff on the day of the wedding were amazing, from the wait staff to Megan and Desiree being right there through the entire thing. People raved about the food because it was so good, and because there was so much of it. They provide rooms to get ready in, and even opened a room for us to hold yoga class on the morning of the wedding. There is literally no limit to the number of good things we have to say, we have zero regrets or hesitations about our decision, and we would emphatically recommend Crowne Plaza to anyone looking to get married downtown.

Sent on 12/28/2015

My husband and I got married in May 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Union Station. I looked at a few other wedding venues before visiting Union Station but none of them had the unique quality I was looking for. As soon as I stepped into the gorgeous Grand Hall ballroom, I knew it was where I wanted to have my wedding. Megan Kissel, the catering director, was very patient in helping us settle on the perfect wedding date. She was flexible and willing to work with us. Ashlee Weiper, our wedding coordinator, was also great to work with. Before my wedding day, I corresponded with Ashlee extensively by phone and email to discuss wedding and vendor details. She was very professional, organized and quick to respond. She was very thorough and made sure to document everything so she knew exactly what we wanted. On the day of the wedding, Ashlee made sure everything was running smoothly. She helped coordinate with our vendors and made sure that everything was done according to plan. When issues came up with a couple of our vendors, she quickly handled them and most importantly made sure that we did not get stressed out. We selected a stations menu so all the food was made to order for each guest. Our guests loved having so many options. It was by far the best food I have ever had at a wedding! It was even better than the tasting. After the wedding, many of our guests commented about how delicious the food was and how beautiful and elegant the venue was. Thank you Ashlee and Megan for helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 12/15/2014

I had the most amazing wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza Union Station Grand Hall Ballroom thanks to Ashlee the wedding planner there. She keeps everything extremely organized, on schedule and perfect. I can't thank her enough and the staff for being so amazing!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Chris · Married on 07/13/2013

Venue was absolutely gorgeous. Ashlee Weiper was wonderful to work with, responding to questions in a timely manner, very willing to help in any way. Just a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/17/2013

ghazaleh · Married on 06/08/2013

I held my ceremony and reception in the illionois ballroom at the crowne plaza at union station. The program directors there were very helpful. The person I started planning my wedding with left and the person that replaced here was just as good. The food was amazing the catering staff was amazing the serving staff was very good and gracious. They listend to our needs as well as my guests needs. I would recomment then again to anybody. I have been an atendee at their events and everyone who came to my wedding loved the service they got from the staff as well. Thank you so much

Sent on 07/08/2013

Brittney · Married on 11/11/2012

This place is absolutely amazing!! My husband is a chef and so the one thing that we needed, was for the food to be excellent. Chef Randy was absolutely fantastic! To this day we still have people talking about how the venue was absolutely beautiful and the catering was the best wedding food they have ever had!!

Sent on 02/26/2013
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2012

My husband and I knew our ceremony and reception would be in the same location and that a hotel would be best due to so many out of town guests. There are definitely beautiful hotel ballrooms in the Indianapolis area but most of them are your standard cookie cutter ballroom and we wanted something unique and different. When we toured the Crowne Plaza we knew we found our location! When it came down to availability and price we went with a Sunday evening. (Note to all brides on a budget, you can get many discounts from all vendors on an off day, Sunday or Friday. With advanced notice your guests will plan accordingly and won't know the difference). Anyways, from the sales process to the execution everything was great! Katie McHone was wonderful to work with. Knowing how many brides she deals with on a daily basis she still has the ability to make you feel like her only bride! Working in her position in the past and being a planner myself I knew a bit more how things worked on her end. I couldn't have asked for my planning of details and execution to be handled any better than they were. Everything was set up and executed exactly how we planned and the room was beautiful. We are constantly getting comments back from our guests on how beautiful the wedding ceremony and reception was, how delicious the food was, and on and on. Thank you Crowne Plaza for having a big hand in creating the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Katie · Married on 04/13/2012

I had my wedding here on Friday April 13th 2012. It was like a fairytale! The wedding coordinators were amazing from the first meeting to the last. They covered every detail and made everything so easy. If you are looking for a beautiful venue that your guests will talk about for years to come, go to the Crowne Plaza. Thanks again for an unforgettable night!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/27/2011

My husband and I looked at several venues for our wedding, we were beginning to run out of ideas! Then we went to Union Station (Crowne Plaza). We fell in love with the atmosphere immediately. The vintage charm of the hotel was exactly what we were looking for. Our ceremony and reception were both held in the Grand Ballroom of Union Station. Megan & Katie worked with us for months - dedicating hours to make our event exactly what we wanted it to be.

The only issue we ran into with our venue was a home Colts game. The football scheduled was released after signing the contract for our wedding. Megan called me the day the schedule was released and asked if we'd like to change our wedding date. They were very flexible, even when the issue wasn't caused by them.

I would (and have) recommend Crowne Plaza/Union Station in a heartbeat. The location is beautiful. The staff is friendly & incredibly helpful. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Gretchen · Married on 05/07/2011

We chose to have our ceremony and reception in the Illinois Street Ballroom and couldn't be happier with our decision. The views of Illinois Street from the entire north wall of the ballroom were awesome! Megan and Katie (event coordinators for the Crowne Plaza) were absolutely amazing! They were very attentive to our questions and requests before our big day and were right by our side throughout the day while we were getting ready for our ceremony. We've received nothing but compliments on our food and bar selections from even our pickiest guests. Our personal server, Julian, was wonderful. He made sure we always had what we needed throughout our entire evening. I would recommend having a ceremony/reception at the Crowne Plaza to anyone as the service is exceptional and Megan and Katie truly want every bride to have a perfect day!

Sent on 06/03/2011
  • kmg4791

Kerry · Married on 09/19/2008

This location was the perfect pick for our reception. It was the most beautiful room in Indianapolis and I can't imagine if we had had the reception anywhere else. The Crowne Plaza staff made the evening perfect and stress free. It was just wonderful!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2008

What a beautiful and historical place to have a wedding. It was so romantic. The staff was very helpful and did everything from manage the day of events to answering vendors questions. Everything ran very smoothly and turned out better than I could have ever imagines.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Alexis · Married on 08/23/2015

Although a pricey option, we LOVED choosing the Crowne Plaza for our wedding. My husband's family is from New York and everyone was raving about how beautiful the room was. The food was phenomenal and our event coordinators were even more detail oriented than the planner I hired to coordinate the weekend. We held our ceremony and reception in the Grand Ballroom and they flipped the room in a timely manner and everything looked stunning. Many of my guests complimented how great the wait staff as well. Definitely recommend this venue if you are willing to pay a bit more as the beauty and quality were truly remarkable.

Sent on 09/09/2015

It was truly an amazing experience! It was beautiful to see our vision come to life. Everything was taken care of and it was truly a seamless process. Crowne Plaza put so much time, help and care into our wedding. Everyone was wonderful!

Sent on 06/22/2016
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 09/14/2018

Beautiful for ceremony & reception

If you want to have your ceremony and reception in one place this is the perfect venue. The Grand Hall is beautiful. The team is great to work with, very responsive and attentive.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Jamie · Married on 06/02/2007

The Grand Hall at Historic Union Station in Indianapolis was a gorgeous venue for my reception. The staff were professional and very service-oriented. The position of "event planner" was being filled during the planning of my wedding, and even with three different planners, the reception went off without a hitch. I felt my needs were catered to and I didn't worry about a thing! I highly recommend this place for a reception!!!

Sent on 07/03/2008

The girls at the crowne plaza were excellent. We worked with Katie and she is extremely helpful and organized. We did have a problem with our linens and they made sure to take care of it.

Sent on 09/02/2012