Cross and Main Reviews

Cross and Main 5
Cross and Main 6
Cross and Main 7

Julie · Married on 04/23/2016

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at the Boondocks on 4/23/2016. We just got engaged in December 2015 and I moved to Raleigh for a new job in the same month! I didn't know anything about the local area and I Googled the Boondocks and it was available. I had other appointments with other vendors, but Katie, our Sales Manager stuck out to me. She was so kind and genuine and helped me with so many ideas (I am not a visual person, nor creative) We picked the Boondocks and I am so glad I did. I was worried at first because I just couldn't see the finished product (again, not a visual person) But, when I did. It looked fantastic!! Katie was there on the day of my event which kept my stress down and she assisted with so much, I couldn't have done it without her. Since I had just moved here, I didn't have any friends or family to lean on and Katie always answered my emails so timely and answered all my questions. I am glad I had my wedding here, it was a great event. Thank you!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

Julie, we are so thankful to have had you and Keith's wedding at The Boondocks! It was awesome working with you both and we are so glad your wedding was a wonderful celebration! Thank you for your sweet spirit and sincere feedback-we so appreciate it! You and Keith take care and don't be strangers!

LOVED LOVED LOVED this venue. Not only was the staff amazing, but the venue is just beautiful. Very rustic and open -- wood floors, exposed brick walls with wooden beams, large windows. Plenty of room for a ceremony and reception (there are 2 different rooms you can use as well as a bridal suite). Lots of dancing room too which was important for my husband and I.

You can get some great photos in and around the venue using various walls and buildings (the Coca Cola wall is my favorite--my husband and I got custom glass Coke bottles made for photos because I just loved the wall so much!). There is a small field across the street...we took a few photos there after the ceremony which I know we look great, but I would recommend doing a first look and taking some wedding party photos in the afternoon at another location if you are really looking for a scenic outdoor background. About 10 minutes away is Joyner Park where we took most of our photos.

If you are looking for a venue that is away from the hustle and bustle, this is a quiet and rustic charmer. We just LOVED having our wedding here.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

Courtney, thank you so much for your sweet review and thoughtfulness! We are so happy that you and Zach had your wedding at The Boondocks! So grateful for you two and hope you all take care!!

The Boondocks was the perfect location for our wedding reception. The inside is absolutely beautiful ! Definitely would recommend to anyone in the area.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

We are so glad you loved having your reception at The Boondocks!! Thank you for your kind words.

Morgan · Married on 03/06/2016

The Boondocks is not only absolutely beautiful the staff is awesome to work with. Our day was perfect and stress free thanks to the staff. Katie worked one on one with me and was extremely helpful. No question went unanswered and every detail was in place. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!! We had such a wonderful experience at the The Boondocks!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

Morgan, it was such a joy to have your wedding at The Boondocks! Thank you so much for your sweet words and we wish you and Joey all the happiness in the world!!
  • User6319090 · 2+ years ago

The Boondocks provided a beautiful venue for our reception. Once inside, we soon forgot that it was a cold and rainy, winter night. All the people there were wonderful to work with, always friendly and accommodating to our requests. In addition, the vintage brick walls looked great in pictures and provided the perfect backdrop for the bride and groom. The layout of the two rooms is nice too. Having the food etc. in the adjoining room left plenty of room for our guests to be seated and have room for dancing. You will not regret choosing The Boondocks for your event.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

We are so glad you all had a wonderful time at The Boondocks! We hope to have you back again soon and thank you for your sincere feedback!

Debbie · Married on 12/18/2015

I cannot express in words how amazing Boondocks is to work with! The staff went above and beyond to meed all of our needs. Their professionalism, enthusiasm, and generosity are simply unmatched. The Boondocks facility was perfect and provided the casual elegance that we desired for our event. I highly recommend this vendor to anyone seeking a beautiful, unique location with an unparalleled staff.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Debbie,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We so appreciate your feedback and sincerity. We loved having you at The Boondocks and hope to have you back again soon!
  • User6319276 · 2+ years ago

We did not have the ceremony at Boondocks, in hindsight wish we had done this. Boondocks was a wonderful venue for the reception, very spacious, romantic with the beautiful lighting at night. Christmas trees surrounding the front windows was a wonderful stage for family and guest to poise for pictures, which many used on family Christmas cards.

Overall, a beautiful and elegant venue for the ceremony and reception. The Boondocks staff were gracious, knowledgeable and a joy to work with.

Sent on 02/04/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

We are so glad that you all had a wonderful reception at The Boondocks! Thank you for your kind words, it was a joy to serve you!

Chelsea · Married on 10/17/2015

My now husband, Nic, and I used The Boondocks for our rehearsal dinner and reception and it was fantastic. We worked out all of the details with Teri and her coordinators helped to arrange the floor plan and execute on the day of our wedding. We had really great service and really liked working with the team. Initially, the value of the venue and it's rustic charm drew me to it. Those things held up through and through! The space was large enough for our wedding of 18 tables and 8 guests to a table, a DJ, photo booth, and cake cart. There were great photo opportunities in both rooms! The smaller room was used for our buffet set up, bar, and gift table.
    We are so pleased with our experience overall and would highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

You are so kind Chelsea. We are so very glad that you are pleased. Congratulations and I pray many blessings for many years.

Allison · Married on 09/15/2015

I contacted Erin when I was interested in booking the Boondocks for an event. Her response time was extremely fast. I didn't have to do a lot of digging to find out the requirements of the building and we were booked in less than a day. Everyone was super nice and the venue was amazing. Very professional and modern - excellent place to host any type of function. Will definitely be calling them back in the future!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

Thank you, Allison! I look forward to having you back.
    Erin

Brian · Married on 08/29/2015

The venue was immaculate and the staff was very professional and accommodating of all requests for our event. I highly recommend this vendor and will be reaching out to them for future engagements as well!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Katie · Married on 08/15/2015

The Boondocks is a gorgeous venue! The building is simply breathtaking and the staff is very accommodating. They made planning my ceremony and reception a smooth process. I would definitely recommend this place for any occasion. Go see for yourself!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Katie!

I can't say enough about what a great experience I had with the Boondocks. My fiance was military and so we planned our wedding on a sunday and needed to be somewhat flexible with our date, The Boondocks was very understanding. I worked with Teri and she was great! Not to mention the venue is simply stunning. It is elegant, unique, and has so much character. My guests were floored with it, just as much as I was!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Sandra · Married on 08/02/2015

I loved hearing "yes" with a smile at almost every request we had. The venue was clean and the staff available for all questions and such during the event. There were no surprise expenses and all tables and chairs were in great shape. Our daughters reception was memorable and all her dreams came true.
    Thank you!

Sent on 08/07/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

Sandra, you were all so relaxed and easy to serve. Thank you for a great weekend.

The boondocks staff was very helpful throughout the entire wedding process. From coming up with a floor plan and doing it multiple times until everything was just the way I wanted them, and providing a list of vendors for all the wedding needs. All the vendors they recomended were very professional and nice! I am so pleased with this venue and would definetly recomend it to all my friends!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Suzi · Married on 06/27/2015

We really enjoyed the Boondocks. They were very helpful and accommodating. They helped to make our day special!

Sent on 07/24/2015
  • User4196670 · 2+ years ago

The Boondocks was a beautiful venue for our wedding reception. The staff was wonderful! Jessica was so willing to do little things we needed to help with the set up and take down process to make the day run with ease.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Judy · Married on 06/20/2015

Very professional service, gorgeous and spotless facility, very helpful, kind, and attentive to all our needs!!
    All who attended are complimenting us on a great venue!!!

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • User5217620 · event on 06/12/2015

Great venue for a small gathering in the smaller room. Had close to 45 people for a graduation party with 6 tables set up. Used Allison Keith as the vendor and she moved right in and took over with setting up the food tables in a good flow. AC did go off at 9:00 so it definitely got hot during cleanup.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Leah · Married on 05/16/2015

Boondocks was the perfect location for our wedding and reception. This venue is spacious and beautiful. The exposed brick and hardwood floors create the ideal atmosphere for weddings. We loved the staff at Boondocks; they provided ideas for setup and were eager to help us.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Karen · Married on 05/02/2015

Erin and all other personnel at The Boondocks went out of their way to accommodate us with every request we made and to answer every question we asked. Erin was supportive of our ideas and made excellent suggestions and recommendations that we found to be very helpful in our planning. We are very grateful for the patience she exhibited and the attention and assistance she gave us. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

Thank you, Karen! You and Jesse were so much fun to work with!

Anna · Married on 02/14/2015

This place is absolutely stunning! We are so pleased that we chose to make our Happily Ever After begin here.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Cross and Main's reply:

Thank YOU Anna. We were so happy to be part of your Happily ever after. I am so glad that you chose The Boondocks for your Venue.

Heather · Married on 05/19/2017

Cross + Main hosted my wedding reception and it was the most amazing day I could have ever dreamt of!! The venue was just gorgeous- like something out of a wedding magazine! I had also attended a baby shower and another wedding at Cross + Main before and each event looked so different. The venue is incredibly versatile. I'm still receiving compliments on how beautiful the reception was, and I can't thank everyone at Cross + Main enough for helping us to have the day of our dreams!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Heather,
    Thank you so much for your sincere feedback! We so loved working with you and Nathan and are overjoyed to hear how much you two loved hosting your reception at our venue! We wish you two all the best in your new life and marriage!

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue was BEAUTIFUL and made my wedding day all the more better. They are quick to respond, very accommodating, and help connect you with other helpful vendors. Also, the piece of mind of having my wedding inside was something I couldn't put a price tag on. This is a hidden gem on the North side of Raleigh.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Cross and Main's reply:

Thank you for your feedback and kind comments! It is always a joy to serve couples and we hope we can serve you again in the near future!

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2017

Cross + Main is absolutely beautiful and Katie is so great to work with! This is a great place for a wedding ceremony and reception at a very reasonable price. We loved working with Katie and she always quickly responded to our questions and even stayed in close contact with our vendors to make sure everything came together perfectly the day of our wedding. The fact that the venue has a preferred vendors list really put our family at ease because we never had to worry about the possibility of them not showing up or running with our money. If you're looking for a rustic and romantic indoor venue for your wedding then look no further! Some of our guests even said they want to get married here :)

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Cross and Main 8
    Cross and Main 9

Vicki · Married on 07/15/2017

Katie was great, and Cross + Main has added upgrades since we decided to use the venue. The new chairs are lovely! We loved it being close to North Raleigh- convenient and wonderful! Thanks again!

Sent on 07/27/2017