50 Reviews for Cross and Main

Event Rentals (6)
Lighting/Sound (6)
Liability Insurance (6)
47 Cross and Main Reviews

I have nothing but positive things to say about Cross + Main. Not only is it absolutely STUNNING, the staff is absolutely incredible. From our first tour of Cross+Main, I was completely blown away by Katie. Admittedly, when we visited Cross+Main, I was completely over looking at venues - I went by request of my mom. Growing up in Wake Forest, I had driven by Cross+Main, formerly the Boondocks for a lot of my life, and never once considered wanting to get married there. Cross+Main was the last venue we visited. Our visit was spectacular. It was spotless, the ambiance was amazing and Katie was very organized and had great information for us. As a bride planning a wedding, I really liked that the venue came with beautiful Chiavari chairs, tables (round, long and cocktail) and a beautiful bar! Some of the other venues that we toured did not include these things, and the cost of rentals adds up very quickly! I also liked that there were only two options for catering and that highly reviewed "Rocky Top Catering" was one of them. As an indecisive girl, sometimes less choices are better for me! Immediately after our tour, Katie emailed me all of the information I needed to know to make an informed decision about the venue, including catering menus and recommended vendors. Little did she know, we had already made our decision! Right after leaving the tour, we all agreed that it was the perfect place for our wedding - we were so right! The process was seamless - Katie was always very responsive to our emails and all of our many questions. She even emailed me one time to pass along an article that she thought I would like because it had some of the designs I had shared with her! How thoughtful! I am so glad that I picked Cross + Main as my wedding venue and would recommend it to any bride!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor

I have nothing but positive things to say about Cross+Main! Choosing Cross+Main as the venue for our wedding was the first vendor we decided on, and it was my favorite decision, by far. I probably researched every wedding venue in the triangle (and surrounding) area and ended up touring six. From the moment I walked into Cross+Main I knew it was the one! The history of this restored building has so much natural charm and beauty that you simply cannot find in newer venues in the area. The high ceilings, chandeliers, large windows, exposed brick, wooden church pews and bar, vintage couches, wooden cross, bridal suite, grooms suite, and cocktail space are just some of the reasons I loved the space. A great plus is that the venue has plenty of tables and (chiavari) chairs for you to use that are already included in the price - the chiavari chairs are a luxury that many venues in the Raleigh-Durham area don't include in their pricing. Another thing to note is that C+M does not have required food and beverage minimums that other venues do have - making catering much more flexible. I also can't say enough good things about Katie, C+M's event manager. It was incredibly important to me, as a bride, that I connected with my vendors and that I felt like they cared about me, not just my money. From the moment we met Katie, she was incredibly thoughtful and helpful in making our day unique and special. She was responsive and went above and beyond in helping us coordinate with vendors - she also allowed us to partake in the "bury the bourbon" tradition on-site and surprised us by keeping the Christmas greenery up through the beginning of January for our wedding when I told her how much I loved it. On the day-of, Katie ensured that everything venue-related was taken care so my husband and I had no worries. Everything about my experience with Cross+Main was beyond my expectation and I highly recommend the venue to any other bride looking to have a memorable (and affordable!) day!

Profile Picture Kristi, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second I walked into Cross and Main, I knew this was the place for my wedding. Our budget was limited so we didn't see many extravagant venues, but Cross and Main absolutely blew us away -- it was the most gorgeous place with exposed brick, beautiful floors, massive windows with natural light and plenty of photogenic places for the Instagram photos we knew our guests would want. Katie, our venue contact, was unbelievably kind and warm. She answered our panicked questions with ease and calmed us on a weekly basis. She had an incredible vision, and impeccable organizational skills. I would get married here all over again if I could, but I'm pretty happy now :) Can't recommend the venue highly enough!

Photo
Profile Picture kelsey, 12/10/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

I can't say enough about Cross + Main and their staff. We came across them after our previous wedding venue didn't work out. Katie with Cross + Main was so flexible with our needs. She was so accommodating with my husband with what we wanted and offered advice and suggestions to make the planning process smooth. I'm a bride that emails a lot and asks an obnoxious amount of questions and Katie never complained. She was so patient and helpful and truly helped us have the wedding of our dreams. We are still getting comments from guests about how amazing and unique the venue was. Cross + Main is timeless, classy, romantic, and just perfect!

Photo for Cross and Main Review - @rachelfeskophotography
@brandisbotanicals
Photo for Cross and Main Review - @rachelfeskophotography
Profile Picture Lee, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor

We just got married here December 2 and have to say that it was an amazing experience. The whole process of navigating having our wedding at Cross+Main was a joy to do with Katie. Not only was she was very responsive, but she was so kind, patient, and gracious in helping us when we had lots of questions. The venue itself was beautiful and we received so many compliments from guests about how much they liked the space. It really doesn't require a lot of personalized decorations b/c the venue is already so beautiful! But its enough of a blank slate that you can still do some personalized decorations. Also, we had a rather large wedding and Katie made sure to help us have a floor plan that suited our size while still having a dance floor. We did a "flip" for our wedding b/c we wanted a traditional style ceremony in the large room and the reception in the same space and she assured us that her team could pull it off and they did! So we got the best of both worlds (in our opinion) :) I would definitely recommend Cross+Main to others b/c it was just an all around amazing experience! Thanks Cross+Main for helping us host one of the most special days of our lives!

Profile Picture marlee, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

I have my appointment to look at this venue tomorrow and I feel like my mind is already made up!! Katie promptly returned my call and set up my appointment in the same week. She has sent me everything I need to be prepared for the tour tomorrow. I've visited their website at least 3 times a day to spot out things I may have missed before. I am super excited and cannot wait to put this together!!

Profile Picture Keesha, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Being the bride who was planning her whole wedding by herself and from 3 hours away, Katie made everything so easy for me. She was whiling to text, call, or email when I need anything. She made me feel so special when she even called me on her vacation to help a nervous bride calm down regarding catering. The place was so beautiful and our guest loved it there. Katie was there the whole wedding just in case we needed anything. If you are ever looking for a nice rustic venue for a wedding ceremony and reception I would HIGHLY recommend Cross and Main. Im so glad my husband suggested this place instead of doing an outside wedding that I have always dream about. Because my wedding was everything I wanted and even more.

Photo for Cross and Main Review - Our Cake done by Sweet Traditions
Photo for Cross and Main Review - Hair and Make-up done by Amy who works at who does your hair
Photo for Cross and Main Review - Catering done by Cannon Catering.
Photo for Cross and Main Review - Cannon Catering has an amazing section and different options
Profile Picture Kayla, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had a magical wedding night at Cross + Main. The place alone is well worth it with it's beautiful industrial/chic look, but Katie is also absolutely wonderful and a pleasure to work with!! Would abslutely recommend!!!

Profile Picture Kiara, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Furniture, Tables

We fell in love with Cross and Main , when it was the Boondocks, the moment we stepped inside! We knew from that moment that was where we wanted to get married. We held our wedding reception at Cross and Main in September, where Katie made sure that every thing was on track. She helped make sure our vendors knew where to set up and greet them when they arrived. She answered all of my questions and called me back every time I called, even though it was a lot!! Cross and Main is great and Katie makes it even better!! The space was beautiful! We used the vintage bar as one of our bars at the wedding, which was a nice addition. I love that the rental included tables, chairs, the bar, cart, and bridal suite, since not all venues include these necessities. Katie was flexible to our needs the day of and responded to any changes that needed to be made. Highly recommend Cross and Main! Thank you Katie!

Photo for Cross and Main Review - Rentals: Party Reflections and Homemade Bride
Photo for Cross and Main Review - Florals/Design:Paisley and Pearl Events
Photo: DHS Photo
Photo for Cross and Main Review - Loved that the space could accommodate different table setup
Profile Picture Heather, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Chairs, Furniture, Tables

Cross and Main is an amazing venue! Katie is wonderful to work with and was always available to answer my questions and offer suggestions to making the venue our own. I love that the venue is like a blank slate in which you can create your own beautiful ceremony and reception space. We received many compliments from our guests about our choice in venue! Thank you for being such a huge part of our special day!!

Profile Picture Joelle, 7/1/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There was no better place for my now husband and I to have had our wedding. Cross+Main made our day that much sweeter. From day one, we were pleased with the communication and passion that Cross+Main had to make sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. Katie was such a blessing to work with. She's helped so any couples with their weddings and yet worked on such a personal level. She wasn't just our event manager, she was and is today our friend. She took a lot of stress off of a stressed bride. I'm so, so thankful and joyful to have had our wedding at Cross+Main. It was perfect. Thank you for everything, Cross+Main.

Profile Picture Codi, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cross + Main was perfect for our wedding. They were flexible with the two day event we wanted - helping us find a way to rent the space without breaking our wallet. The space itself has been maintained so well & was absolutely stunning! We got so many compliments on how pretty our wedding was, but we did very little decorating, letting the building speak for itself. Katie was a breeze to work with - answering our questions before we even had a chance to ask on our tours & following up on our emails in under 24 hours every time. She was detail oriented and focused on meeting our needs for the event - thinking of details we hadn't considered and making sure the space had what we needed. It was absolutely excellent & the company was quick to get security deposits back to us after the event, which to me shows that they are focused both on service & follow up. It is all about the details and this venue and Katie really embrace ensuring you have the best venue possible for your event. I'm just looking for an excuse to host another event there now!

Profile Picture Molly, 4/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

Cannot imagine having my wedding reception at any other venue! Cross & Main is a beautiful, unique and clean space that was perfect for entertaining our large crowd. Katie (venue coordinator) responded immediately to all of my emails and was more than willing to go out of her way to help us with anything we needed. We are thrilled that Cross & Main was a part of our wedding day!

Profile Picture Meredith, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From our very first visit to tour the venue, to our grand exit at our wedding reception, Cross+Main was the perfect place for our southern chic wedding reception. Cross+Main offers an incredible space with gorgeous environment, superb event planners to work with, and everything is done with a great amount of ease and professionalism. I would choose Cross+Main over and over again for my wedding, it was perfect!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor

Matt and I were supposed to get married October 8, 2016 at an outdoor venue, but hurricane Matthew put a stop to that plan. The Boonedocks was so accommodating and helped us change the wedding to that Sunday. It was the perfect venue and our wedding day was perfect. The staff was so accommodating and treated us so wonderfully making sure we had everything we needed for the wedding day and an hour of rehearsal time the Friday before the wedding. You can't go wrong by choosing the Boonedocks. The level of professionalism by the staff is unmeasurable! They saved our wedding and provided the perfect atmosphere for us and our guests!

Lauren B Hilliard

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Boondocks Events is a fantastic venue, run by fantastic people! You will not regret booking your party here. Katie was super helpful and accommodating, and made the craziness of wedding planning much easier by being prompt and quick to respond to any questions I had about the venue. I highly recommend Boondocks Events!

Profile Picture Cori, 6/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor

The Boondocks was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding! Plenty of room for our 125 guests to eat, drink and be merry! Large main room for the ceremony and dining and spacious room for catering and gift tables next to it. The beautiful brick walls and wood floor make for a beautiful rustic background. The farm table for two and wheel cart are a nice touch. All personnel were very helpful in planning this wedding. Thank you Boondocks for making our day special!

Profile Picture User6693246, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at the Boondocks on 4/23/2016. We just got engaged in December 2015 and I moved to Raleigh for a new job in the same month! I didn't know anything about the local area and I Googled the Boondocks and it was available. I had other appointments with other vendors, but Katie, our Sales Manager stuck out to me. She was so kind and genuine and helped me with so many ideas (I am not a visual person, nor creative) We picked the Boondocks and I am so glad I did. I was worried at first because I just couldn't see the finished product (again, not a visual person) But, when I did. It looked fantastic!! Katie was there on the day of my event which kept my stress down and she assisted with so much, I couldn't have done it without her. Since I had just moved here, I didn't have any friends or family to lean on and Katie always answered my emails so timely and answered all my questions. I am glad I had my wedding here, it was a great event. Thank you!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

LOVED LOVED LOVED this venue. Not only was the staff amazing, but the venue is just beautiful. Very rustic and open -- wood floors, exposed brick walls with wooden beams, large windows. Plenty of room for a ceremony and reception (there are 2 different rooms you can use as well as a bridal suite). Lots of dancing room too which was important for my husband and I.

You can get some great photos in and around the venue using various walls and buildings (the Coca Cola wall is my favorite--my husband and I got custom glass Coke bottles made for photos because I just loved the wall so much!). There is a small field across the street...we took a few photos there after the ceremony which I know we look great, but I would recommend doing a first look and taking some wedding party photos in the afternoon at another location if you are really looking for a scenic outdoor background. About 10 minutes away is Joyner Park where we took most of our photos.

If you are looking for a venue that is away from the hustle and bustle, this is a quiet and rustic charmer. We just LOVED having our wedding here.

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Boondocks was the perfect location for our wedding reception. The inside is absolutely beautiful ! Definitely would recommend to anyone in the area.

Profile Picture User5233671, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Boondocks is not only absolutely beautiful the staff is awesome to work with. Our day was perfect and stress free thanks to the staff. Katie worked one on one with me and was extremely helpful. No question went unanswered and every detail was in place. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!! We had such a wonderful experience at the The Boondocks!

Profile Picture Morgan , 3/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access

The Boondocks provided a beautiful venue for our reception. Once inside, we soon forgot that it was a cold and rainy, winter night. All the people there were wonderful to work with, always friendly and accommodating to our requests. In addition, the vintage brick walls looked great in pictures and provided the perfect backdrop for the bride and groom. The layout of the two rooms is nice too. Having the food etc. in the adjoining room left plenty of room for our guests to be seated and have room for dancing. You will not regret choosing The Boondocks for your event.

Profile Picture User6319090, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I cannot express in words how amazing Boondocks is to work with! The staff went above and beyond to meed all of our needs. Their professionalism, enthusiasm, and generosity are simply unmatched. The Boondocks facility was perfect and provided the casual elegance that we desired for our event. I highly recommend this vendor to anyone seeking a beautiful, unique location with an unparalleled staff.

Profile Picture Debbie, 12/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We did not have the ceremony at Boondocks, in hindsight wish we had done this. Boondocks was a wonderful venue for the reception, very spacious, romantic with the beautiful lighting at night. Christmas trees surrounding the front windows was a wonderful stage for family and guest to poise for pictures, which many used on family Christmas cards.

Overall, a beautiful and elegant venue for the ceremony and reception. The Boondocks staff were gracious, knowledgeable and a joy to work with.

Profile Picture User6319276, 2+ years ago, 1 Review