Powel Crosley Estate Reviews

Powel Crosley Estate 5
  • Cara

Cara · Married on 04/27/2019

A dream venue

This venue had everything I wanted. I knew it was the one before we even looked at it in person from photos alone. The weather we had was absolutely perfect and everyone took great care of us. I can’t thank everyone enough. Our guests continue to tell us ours is the best wedding they’ve been to! I wish I could get married here all over again! :) (photo credit: everence photography)

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Powel Crosley Estate 6
    Powel Crosley Estate 7
    Powel Crosley Estate 8
    Powel Crosley Estate 9
    Powel Crosley Estate 10

Powel Crosley Estate's reply:

Cara - it was a delight to work with you! Your wedding was stunning. Thank you for choosing the Powel Crosley Estate for your wedding venue! Congratulations and best wishes!

Jessica Zachar · Married on 02/15/2019

Amazing Venue

We had been planning our wedding for well over a year. The big thing was to make sure we had the venue of our dreams. The Powel Crosely Estate did that and then some. Not only did the venue stick out because of how beautiful it was, the staff was extremely understanding, transparent, and helpful they were through the process. Anytime we had a question, they were always right there either with an answer or at least letting us know that he was looking into it and would get back to us as soon as possible. When it came to the day of the event the venue was absolutely perfect the staff was extremely helpful and almost all of the guests commented on how perfect the night was and how beautiful the venue was all set up. The staff of the Powel really helped make our day absolutely perfect so the we didn't have to worry about a thing. Words really can't do justice for the service that they provided but we thank you

Sent on 02/24/2019

Sidney Cornelius · Married on 10/21/2018

Everything we could dream of and more!

From the moment we walked in to the Crosley, we knew it was the venue we had dreamed of! It provided us with everything we wanted and more. We had our ceremony on the Loggia and the reception dinner on the lawn and everything was absolutely perfect. While the Crosley can’t control the weather, we had a gorgeous Floria evening and the Crosley looks unreal with a beautiful sunset as the backdrop. Our contact, Samantha, was fantastic to work with and very responsive. In short, The Crosley was the venue of our dreams and staff were all extremely easy to work with and accommodating to make our day so special.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Kristin · Married on 03/03/2018

We had our dream wedding at the Powel Crosley Estate. We were so happy. What a beautiful venue. It was just perfect.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Nancy · Married on 05/07/2017

The Powel Crosley Estate was the setting for our daughter’s recent wedding and reception in Sarasota. This was an absolutely magnificent and magical venue; an elegant and meticulously preserved mansion from the twenties, with a full open view of the Sarasota Bay. The staff at the Bradenton Area Convention Center, who manage the estate, were at all times, cordial, helpful and informative. We couldn’t have been more thrilled to host our guests at this fabulous venue!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Sara · Married on 04/22/2017

We could not have picked a more perfect venue at the Powel Crosley Estate! Our search for an indoor/outdoor, waterfront venue (that wasn't on a beach) began two years ago. We visited locations all over Florida from the Keys, to Boca Grande, to St. Petersburg, and our favorite venue was hands-down, the Powel Crosley. This Mediterranean-style, historic property sits on a beautiful lot of land. The driveway leading up the Estate is just enchanting, almost like you're entering a fairytale! Even before touring the inside of the Estate, we knew we found our match. Not only is this place stunningly beautiful, but it is very ideal for your guests. Over half of our guests were from out-of-town, and there's plenty of nearby accommodations, along with restaurants and activities in downtown Sarasota and St. Armand's Circle to keep them busy during their stay (also making for a plethora of rehearsal dinner venue options). There's parking at the venue, too. In our opinion, the best part of having our wedding at the Estate is that we got the entire property to ourselves for the day! Having a private and secluded event was very important for us considering we wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception.

Our ceremony was beautiful, even though it lightly rained throughout. Our cocktail hour was inside, giving guests time to regroup. By the time our reception began, the overcast skies cleared to make way for a gorgeous sunset. It was more romantic than I ever dreamed. Our lighting over the patio and lawn looked amazing and really contributed to our overall theme. We loved our day so much, we wish we could relive it a million times over! Thank you to the staff at the Powel Crosley for a smooth, flawless, event and for your friendly and transparent customer service. It was such a joy to work with you all! I know our guests, and especially my husband and I will forever hold a dear memory in our hearts of this place and our absolutely perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/14/2017

This is the most perfect venue! We had a beautiful wedding on the lawn and there was a wonderful sunset. The pictures are gorgeous! We worked with Tonya Kida and she was very helpful and responsive. Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/10/2017

Kimberly · Married on 03/19/2017

This venue was lovely! There isn't much that is needed to dress it up. I was able to get most of my questions answered early on, prior to being assigned my event manager 30 days out from the wedding. My event coordinator was Maribeth Liberty, and she was awesome to communicate with, either by phone or email or texts.

If you'd like to tour the grounds, call and ask early so that you can get scheduled. This is not the type of place that you just drop by.

The Crosely handles all of the alcohol served on site and has their own bartender. The event manager was onsite to meet any vendors and supervise set ups and build outs. They also include in the rental several sizes and shapes of tables. Chairs, linens, and table settings must be rented through the catering company.

We have had so many compliments on the wedding venue! So many beautiful backdrops for lovely photographs. It couldn't have been a more perfect evening!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Avarie · Married on 02/25/2017

Unfortunately my fiancé and I called off the wedding... but I just wanted to acknowledge the Crosley for being understanding and returning our deposit since we gave ample notice. What a beautiful venue, a place out of fairy tales!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Shannon · Married on 12/02/2016

The Powel Crosley was amazing. The service was incredible and our pictures are spectacular!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Melanie · Married on 11/26/2016

PERFECT! This is the most beautiful, romantic location for a wedding and the staff is excellent. The office was very prompt with communication prior to the wedding day. Maribeth was our on-site contact at PC and she was FANTASTIC. She was so kind, responsive and helpful from start to finish!!! It was hands down the best day of our lives. My family and friends could not believe how beautiful, fun and seamless everything was at PC…they are still raving about the beautiful venue! Thank you Maribeth and team for making our day SO PERFECT and special. We look forward to visiting this beautiful venue again in the future to reminisce about our wonderful wedding day.

Sent on 12/13/2016

This venue is amazing! You will not be disappointed. If you can get a date - Take it!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Maddie · Married on 08/06/2016

The Powel Crosley was an absolutely breathtaking venue- it has so much character and is the perfect setting for a wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Eli · Married on 07/10/2016

beautiful vintage mansion right on the bay... what sunsets! Worth every penny

Sent on 08/18/2016
  • F

Farhan · Married on 05/22/2016

Stunning, absolutely stunning .. we live in Texas and were looking for a place to get married along the Gulf Coast of Florida .. I was very happy that the Powel Crosley popped up in my google searches .. our guests are still raving about the location and its history and how it overlooks the water and gives you such a majestic feeling .. It was the perfect place to get married .. you book the venue through the city .. the process was easy and they also provide a coordinator for the day of the wedding to manage the details related to the venue .. Overall great experience !!

Sent on 05/29/2016

We recently had our wedding and reception at the Powell Crosley Estate. It is the most beautiful venue. From the mansion, to the lawn, to the bay front view, it was incredible. We utilized every part of the facility, and our guests loved it. The sunset was amazing over the bay. The staff was very helpful, we worked with Juan and he was quick to answer any questions I had. The bar staff made very good drinks. I was a little surprised they did not do a last call, I know many people were unaware of the night coming to an end and that would have been helpful. But overall, I can't say enough good things about this beautiful venue!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Lyndsey · Married on 01/08/2016

We had our ceremony and reception here and it was absolutely fantastic. It books up quickly but it's definitely worth it. Maribeth from the Bradenton Convention Center was our event manager and was awesome. She was extremely responsive and helpful.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Patricia · Married on 03/06/2015

The Powel Crosley Estate and staff were wonderful. The building is absolutely breathtaking and there was so much room for me and my bridesmaids to get ready in the bridal suite. My mother was allowed to bring in snacks and drinks for us and the men upstairs in the grooms room. The drinks from the bar were wonderful and they made sure we knew exactly when we about to reach our limit on the open bar. We were also allowed to have our dog Robin in the ceremony which was amazing. There is no ugly place at this venue! The pictures will be amazing.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Beautiful Venue!!! Wonderful view and you feel like a queen!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Nam · Married on 10/18/2014

Amazing venue! You will not be disappointed. A friend of mine had attended 5 weddings before coming to mine and said that my wedding win for best venue by far!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Tamera · Married on 09/21/2014

STUNNING! The Powel Crosley Estate has to be one of the most beautiful old homes in Florida. It is picturesque and is the most amazing place to hold a wedding. I would have wanted to have mine any other place!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Susie · Married on 06/21/2014

I stumbled across this venue on Pintrest and immediately fell in love! Once we visited the venue we knew it was everything we wanted, and when we learned it was built during the prohibition era we decided right then it was going to be a 1920s themed wedding. The location perfectly allows itself for a destination wedding as not only is the airport across the street, but there are two other airports within an hour drive of the Crosley. It's also a perfect spot to watch the breathtaking sunset over the water. The venue will manage all of the alcohol, and provides tables that you can use in lieu of renting. The only downside to this historic site is that there are a number of things you aren't allowed to do like placing rose petals (fake and real) on the ground, or having any kind of sparklers or sky lanterns, and no confetti just to name a few. My contact on the day-of was Juan and he was great making sure we had what we needed and keeping me informed on the running bar tab. The room I got ready in was spacious and gorgeously equipped with a couple vanities, a vintage couch and stunning chandelier. The venue itself is so beautiful that the decorations needed are minimal. There are also numerous picture-worthy spots at the venue such as the bamboo shoots, the big tree, the Ship Room, by the water, etc. All of my guests were in awe of how gorgeous the venue was. In fact, many of them keep asking me about the venue so that they can suggest it to their engaged friends. All in all, the Crosley Estate will leave you and your guests with an unforgettable experience!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Caroline · Married on 04/26/2014

We just had our wedding reception at the Powel Crosley on April 26th, 2014. It is an absolutely stunning estate and the perfect site for a wedding and reception. Marybeth Liberty was wonderful to work with and made the planning process absolutely stress free. We had our cocktail hour inside the estate and our reception outside on the lawn with dancing outside. We used milan catering (Alexis Alexander) for design and event planning and were able to have lights strung above the lawn with a beautiful chandelier over the dance floor. It was a magical night, especially during sunset. I am so happy we chose this as our reception site. The crosley made our wedding an absolute fairy tale.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Leigh · Married on 03/28/2014

Our wedding was AMAZING!! Everyone had such a great time!! They were so impressed by the Powel Crosley! It's the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen!! Even the bar staff was perfect! Thank you Maribeth for all your hard work!!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Megan · Married on 03/23/2014

I'm a little biased since I was the one getting married here, of course I was obsessed with it, but the positive response from my guests were overwhelming. That this was the best wedding they had ever been to - that the venue took their breathe away!

Sent on 04/09/2014