Croissants de France Reviews

Croissants de France 2
Croissants de France 3
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 11/16/2017

My husband and I are extremely pleased with the food and service from Croissants de France. They provided the casual, buffet-style meal we wanted for our small wedding reception. We had a mix of appetizers (such as caress skewers, deviled eggs, and mini croque monsieurs), sandwiches (delicious pork, Mahi mahi, and sirloin), and desserts (frasier cakes and key lime tarts). Everything was fresh and tasty--tons of complements about the food. The mini croque monsieurs and sirloin sandwiches were my favorites. Genevieve was lovely to work with, providing advice on quantities and combinations for the size is of our party, and everything was delivered right on time. I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 11/27/2017
  • Lesia

Lesia · Married on 01/28/2017

After trying several other places around key west, we finally decided on getting our wedding cake from Croissants de France and it was the best decision we made. Genevieve was very helpful in deciding the size and flavors of the cake. We had a 3 tier round cake with each tier being a different flavor. We chose frasier, zebra, and chocolate grand marnier flavors and they were all delicious. All of our guests enjoyed the cake and commented on how beautifully decorated it was. If you are looking for a delicious European style cake, look no further than Croissants de France.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Croissants de France's reply:

Thank You Lesia, It was a pleasure to work with you, I am glad to hear you like the cake, Do you have any nice pictures I would love to have some

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2016

We did our rehearsal dinner at the Croissant de France on Duval street and it was just wonderful!! The food was delicious, they allow you to bring your own alcohol and prices are very reasonable. You have the entire restaurant to yourself and its absolutely adorable!!! Truly a representation of Key West. And Genevieve is very flexible and easy to work with! I highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Croissants de France's reply:

Thanks Kelly, it was a great night,
    Really pleased that you all enjoyed it !
    Congrats on your big day...

Erica · Married on 04/23/2016

We used Croissants de France for our Farewell Brunch. The food was delicious and everyone was very happy. The tasting sealed the deal for us and we were very impressed with their communication throughout the planning process as well as the quality of the food. I highly recommend them! Thank you Croissants de France!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Lisa · Married on 04/22/2016

Beautiful and delicious! All of the desserts provided by Croissants de France were fabulous!. I received lots of compliments from my guests. The wedding cake was perfect. I had ordered the Zebra cake and I have no regrets. I loved having the variety of the petit fours,and tarts, etc. Absolutely the best!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Croissants de France's reply:

Thank You very much for the nice review, it was a pleasure working for you,

Rebecca · Married on 11/22/2015

We had a small destination wedding in Key West at the Hemingway Home on the 22nd of November. We only needed a wedding cake to feed ten people and the cakes at Croissants de France looked amazing. We spoke with Genevieve and were able to get a small beautiful wedding cake [key lime] that worked perfectly. Genevieve made the process really easy and answered all our questions. I would definitely recommend them, the cake was delicious and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Rolando · Married on 10/02/2015

Croissants de France catered our rehearsal cocktail party with hors d'oeuvres and our reception dinner. They also made the wedding cake, which was spectacular. Genevieve was so helpful every step of the way. Everything was a great success.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Croissants de France's reply:

Thank you, it was a pleasure to work with you, Congratulations on your wedding and your thirty years living together, cheers

Leigh · Married on 06/27/2014

We used Croissants de France for our wedding desserts and also for a brunch held the day following our wedding. We chose a mix of fruit tarts and frazier with ganache as our desserts and they were absolutely fabulous!! The desserts were beautifully displayed and looked gorgeous : ) The staff at Croissants de France were incredibly caring and helpful in planning both of our events. They even delivered our desserts to our wedding site so we would be stress free on our wedding day!

Our post wedding brunch was delicious and went perfectly! All of our guests loved their meals and were so pleased with the level of service provided.

The employees / servers at Croissants de France made us feel so special and allowed us to have flawless wedding events in Key West. We can't wait to go back on vacation so we can enjoy more of their fabulous food and pasteries!

Thanks again to the staff for making our day so special!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2014

So first off genevive was a life saver. I originally was having another bakery do our wedding cake. I went to talk to croissants de France for bartender service at our ceremony at the hemingway house, which was great. I would absolutely recommend using them, they were on time and very reasonable , and friendly. I didn't realize they did wedding cakes. She brought out a couple slices to try, AMAZING!!! I immediately canceled my other bakery and went with her. We picked the fraiser cake, key west rum cake, and the chocolate raspberry. Each piece was moist and perfect every cake was good. The entire cake was gone! People wanted 2nd and 3rd pieces, including myself . The cakes were beautiful exactly what I asked for.

We had decided on Friday to do a cocktail party at our rental house last minute, literally. We called croissants de France while on the southernmost beach ,sipping on cocktails 5 hours before our party would start. They showed up with BEAUTIFUL platters for our 55 guest. Gourmet sandwiches cheese plates, coconut shrimp, caprese salad, and much more. They even showed up with wine! As well as plates, cups, napkins and even ice! I cannot stress to future brides of key west, that Croissant de France is a must! They are amazing!!!!!!! I give them a 0 out of 5 stars!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Croissants de France's reply:

That was a real pleasure to work with you, Cheers

Croissants de France made my cake beautiful. As an out of towner, they allowed me to come in from a cake tasting two days before the wedding. They were very professionally, and accommodating. The cake was beautiful, and most importantly, delicious!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2013

I do not have enough good things to say about Su and her crew! I had MULTIPLE guests tell me that the food was the best wedding food that they have ever had. Not only was the food delicious but they did our cake too. The cake was amazing!! They were very easy to work and extremely helpful. I would recommend their food any day.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Croissants de France's reply:

Thank You guys, it was great working for you...
  • Audrey

Audrey · event on 12/01/2012

We hired Croissants de France to cater our rehearsal dinner/welcome party for our destination wedding, which we had at a friend’s home. We first decided to work with them because of the variety of their menu items and good reputation as a restaurant. We worked with Paula and Su, who were both great to work with, allowing us to make substitutions to the dinner menu we selected, responding promptly to questions, and providing sound advice based on their experience. I can speak very highly of the Key West Pig Roast menu (though we skipped the roast pig and added a fish entrée instead) and their cake selections, which they’ll sell by the slice so you can offer several different flavors! The day before the event, Kristen, who oversaw the party, came to the house for a walk-through. She was very professional and knowledgeable and made everything EASY, accommodating all special requests and generally helping the day go well. The food surpassed expectations – we’d done a tasting so we’d had some items, but there were others that we hadn’t tried and we received several compliments from guests about how good the dinner was. Earlier in the day, we also had them deliver a sandwich platter to the bridal party – the sandwiches were similarly delicious! For quality of food, service before and during the event, and value for what you pay, I highly recommend Croissants de France if you are catering a private event.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Abbey · Married on 08/17/2012

Paula, Sue, and the catering team from Croissants de France were absolutely wonderful! From our first trip down in March to the 500 emails between then and now...They were very professional and more than eager and willing to accomodate us with everything we had requested. They also gave us a more than fair price for everything we had requested!

Paula and Sue had done a cake tasting with us on our first trip...out she walks with a plate of 6 HUGE cupcakes and fruit/key lime tarts! Everything was so delicious it was tough narrowing down the choices to just a few (We ended up with Red Velvet, Mango Filled Buttercream, and Vanilla -- along with Key Lime Pie Tarts...this is Key West ya know!!)

They assisted us with all our our catering needs as well....from chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our welcome dinner site the evening before, to a very wide array (and delicious) spread of small/light fare for the reception (mini chicken cordon blue, prime rib sliders, mini crab cakes, pulled pork sliders, mushroom tarts, and so much more!!), to a fully delivered breakfast of eggs, pancakes, bacon, and homeade pastries the foillowing morning!

Everything was delicious and they were a great company to work with! I can't thank them enough and would definately recommend them!!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Heather · Married on 07/07/2012

Paula did a wonderful job of helping me plan a pre-wedding lunch for my bridesmaids. She was in constant contact with me over the course of a year while I figured out what I wanted. Then, she helped me create a menu that best suited my bridesmaids. Best of all, the food was delivered to our hotel as promised and it tasted delicious! Thank you for providing us with great food before the ceremony. We had a memorable afternoon getting ready and sharing my last meal as a single girl. :)

Sent on 08/04/2012
  • BrittSS9

Britt · Married on 06/30/2012

Croissants de France was wonderful to work with! We ordered two cakes from them for my wedding. Both were beautiful and absolutely delicious! All of our guests LOVED the flavors! We highly recommend the fraisier and key lime (with extra key lime!). The Croissants de France team is also great to work with. They respond very quickly, and triple checked that everything was right for our order. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/03/2012

We got our cake from Croissants de France, it was beautiful and tasted great. The price was great and the cakes they make are huge. We had 50 people at our wedding and we got a 35 person cake and it was more then enough. The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing and we were very happy with it. If I ever needed a cake again, they would be my number one choice.

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Kimi K

Kimi · Married on 02/29/2012

Planning a DW is stressful in itself. In my opinion, the hardest part was finding a restaurant to have our wedding dinner. We needed delicious food, excellent service, and a private dining area. Easy right? Try finding this for a very small wedding guest list, and no outrageous prices.

I was very excited when I learned that Croissants de France was able to section off a corner of their restaurant to allow us to have a private dining area. I worked very closely with both Paula and Su who were both very sweet and made my job of planning a DW much easier. Very responsive and answered every single one of my questions (and I had a LOT!) Croissants de France provided an array of finger foods for our sunset cruise which were absolutely delicious! When we arrived to the restaurant for dinner everything was set up beautifully. Our waitress was very attentive and as sweet as can be. I don’t think I’ve ever had such excellent service. We had customized our own menu so our guests had 3 different starter options and 3 different entrée options. I tasted everything and I don’t have one complaint. The food was AMAZING. All our guests were raving and to this day everyone still discusses how delicious everything was.

When it came for the cake my groom and I had somewhat of an idea of what we wanted. We met with Su for the cake testing and decided on the marble. We gave her our inspiration pictures & cake topper and left it to the cake maker to work his magic. When our cake was presented we were in awe. It was more beautiful than either of us could have imagined. Most importantly, it tasted fantastic!! Since the cake was so large Croissants was happy to box up the slices for us and our guests to take back with us. The cake was even more delightful the following night.

I cannot even begin to express how much I loved working with Croissants de France. Our wedding dinner was beyond anything I would have ever expected. I highly recommend for those looking for a casual & most importantly, delicious wedding dinner.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Alycia · Married on 12/18/2011

It was a "Wedding for Two", but you would have thought I was asking them to make a cake for 500... Not only was it perfect (and perfectly-sized) for my beach wedding, they delivered it & had it ready at the restaurant when we arrived for dinner after our sunset ceremony. Paula was FANTASTIC and she helped me decide on exactly what would be fitting for a pint-sized wedding cake... The artistry was fabulous and the cake (Grand Marinier) was out of this world. If you are getting married in Key West and want something both fantastic AND unusual, you must try Croissants de France!

Sent on 01/30/2012

Jen · Married on 12/13/2011

They were the vendor for our cake we had for our wedding! It was awesome and filled with a great key lime filling. They were very accommodating and delivered the cake to our reception at Old Town Manor for us. We ended up having a ton of cake left - although we only needed cake for 20, it was probably big enough to feed 50 so keep that in mind.

Sent on 02/12/2012
  • Karla

Karla · Married on 10/01/2011

My dear friend ordered a special cake for us to have waiting at the restaurant the evening of our wedding. It was beautiful!!! They used ribbon to match my dress as well as matching orchids. It was then finished off with a decoration of a pair of dolphins. Beautiful!! It was delicious with fresh strawberries in a wonderful creamy filling. Theyn have also been very kind since then to help with obtaining photos (since I had forgotten the camera). We had brunch there when we first arrived and that was delicious also!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Tim · Married on 05/29/2010

Our cake was absolutely beautiful!! Not only was it exactly what we wanted it to look like, but it tasted amazing. Many of our guests said it was the best tasting wedding cake that they have ever tasted!! We got a three layer, three flavor cake with strawberry/chocolate mousse/key lime. I couldn't tell you what my favorite flavor was because they were all amazing. We ended up eating the rest of the cake in the following 3 days :-) . Sue from Croissants de France was very professional. We ended up doing 2 tastings and we were so excited to try all of the little cakes! The tasting was amazing because Croissants de France actually makes small little cakes for us to taste not just pieces of white cake and frostings! All of them was amazing, literally, all of them!! Also I had Croissants de France deliver a tray of food for lunch for my bridesmaids at the salon that we were getting our hair done. They delivered it on time and it was amazing!! The little sandwiches were delicious and the tray was way bigger than I thought it would be!!! I definitely am impressed with Croissants de France and their delicious food and amazing service!!!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Colleen · Married on 09/12/2014

3.5

This venue provided a champagne brunch for my son's wedding in Key West. They were great! Everything was delicious! Thank you.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Julie · Married on 04/03/2011

3.5

Croissants De France is AMAZING! Su, Paula, and the rest of the Croissants De France staff made our destination wedding dreamy (4/3/11). \r\nThey provided us with yummy catering and deserts the whole weekend. We ordered wedding day snacks that were delivered to our B&B. We opted to have our reception at the actual restaurant. It\'s beautiful, open air, and unique. They even helped decorate it with all my details. \r\n\r\nThe cakes are to die for...worth every penny! I\'m still trying to figure out how to ship them to Atlanta! \r\n\r\nIf you want a unique & relaxing wedding venue.... Croissants is your place!!

Sent on 05/26/2011
  • ValGal

Valerie · Married on 03/16/2019

Best value in Key West

We wanted three tiers and different flavors (two key lime and one chocolate grenache) for a decent price; we got a masterpiece once I agreed to pay a little extra for real flowers (when I found out that my florist wasn't going to charge much at all for flowers for the cake and delivery to the baker -- Karro Florals-- very pleased with them too). This bakery is not on the provider list of any of the resorts we considered for our wedding. But the owner and baker were very accommodating and spent time with me developing a plan to execute my vision. My friend made an elaborate, romantic travel-themed cake topper and the cake designer worked with me to place it just so. I was thrilled!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Croissants de France 4
    Croissants de France 5
    Croissants de France 6

Erin · Married on 05/29/2011

3.0

Food was excellent. They had a great variety of food, it was hard to choose! They were very flexible with the menu and would do whatever I needed food-wise, even at the last minute. I needed diabetic and gluten-free friendly food and they had plenty of options. My only problem was that I added-on alot of things (cups, etc.)and didn't get the break-down of the bill until the day before, which was a little hectic. Overall a very good experience though!

Sent on 11/30/2011