Crissey Farm Reviews

Crissey Farm 7
  • W

William Cate · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing hosts

Chelsea and Gary are amazing hosts. Our daughters wedding, this past weekend, was herald as a fantastic event be every guest.

Their planning and organization skills made the whole weekend run smoothly and professionally.

The food is wonderfully prepared, seasoned well and plentiful. Appetizers included delicious grilled vegetables, great assortment of cheeses and passed horsedouvers.

The prime rib, cooked in a variety of donenesses for every taste. Chicken marsala, flavorful and tender. Vegetable lasagna with a white sauce and vegetarian rice for our family with dietary requirements.

Wedding cake was delicious and they include a Viennese table.

Nice outdoor space for the ceremony, great indoor space for dancing and reception.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    Crissey Farm 22
    Crissey Farm 23

Anna Tilquist · Married on 06/01/2019

Exactly what we wanted for our wedding day!

Where do I begin!!! Chelsea and Gary were so easy to work with and accommodating! The venue was perfect from the cleanliness, staff, and the absolutely delicious food! I would recommend Crissey Farm for any type of party! They made our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 07/27/2019
    Crissey Farm 29
    Crissey Farm 30

Jenna Martone · Married on 10/27/2018

October 27, 2018

Chelsea, Gary & the rest of the Crissey Farm team... I’m honestly not sure where to even start. I’ve been holding off on writing this review mainly because I keep hoping my wedding really isn’t over.
    I still remember our search for the perfect venue, going to every single “barn” wedding venue in the area, and even out of the area, and not falling in love with a single one. When I came across Crissey Farm online, I started reading nothing but amazing reviews. I said to Anthony we need to go , even to just LOOK. Well, we did more than just look.. from the warm welcome from both Chelsea & Gary, to the hot tea/coffee they offered us while giving us every single detail we would possibly need, to treating us to lunch after. Just wow, talk about going above and beyond. And talk about the kindest, seeetest people EVER! We instantly fell in love with the venue .. it was perfect size, perfect atmosphere, SO intament & cozy. It was just everything we dreamed of. It took us ten minutes to sit down & decide that this is where we wanted to get married.. yep, we booked our wedding THAT DAY.
    The entire process was so easy, Chelsea and Gary are (in my eyes) the best in the business. They made everything so smooth and easy on us. I hear and still hear so many brides ask me “are you happy it’s over?” Truth is, no.. no I’m not happy at all. Planning our wedding could not have come easier. It was the best year of our entire lives. They made every one of my crazy dreams come true... like bringing in a wall, yes a wall for my back drop.. to allowing me to hang a 7.5 foot chandelier over our dance floor. Their accommodation is unlike any other. Gary even drove the wedding party in the shuttle to The Mount for us to take our first look photos & bridal party photos prior to the wedding. In miserable weather may I add! Talk about miserable weather, brides.. we all dream to have the perfect weather on our wedding day, well I’ll tell you- it rained & was freezing on my day. Chelsea and Gary were so amazing at easing our minds and accommodating at doing everything inside. I am actually happy it rained, because it turned out to be amazing in front of the fire place! We had the option of renting the shuttle for after the wedding.. best choice ever! After the wedding, the brewery stays open for guests until 1-2 am! It was amazing to be able to go next door & continue hanging with our guests after the wedding. Our shuttle driver even took us to mcdonalds - haha! So much fun.
    Our wedding day was hands down, the best day EVER.. a month later I’m constantly getting comments from my guests saying it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to , that the food was incredible, the staff was amazing, and the list goes on. Chelsea made the entire day go so smooth and was right by our sides if we needed anything at all. I could seriously write a book on our experience. To say I’m sad it’s over is truly an understatement. I relive our wedding in my head daily.. and truly hope every bride can feel the same way when it comes to their big day. We can’t thank the entire team at Crissey Farm enough for all they offer & do for their bride, groom, family & guests. I will recommend this venue to every single person I know. Can you tell I’m having the wedding blues?!

Much love,
    Jenna & Anthony Martone

Sent on 11/26/2018

Shelby · Married on 10/20/2018

Shelby & Zachary Wedding 10/20/18

I think it’s safe to say that Crissey Farm MORE than exceeded our expectation for our wedding day!! We don’t even know where to begin to explain how amazing our wedding day was, not just because of our amazing vendors, but because of Crissey Farm who was at the forefront of the entire wedding day. From our initial visit, to the planning meeting and through the entire wedding weekend with set up and breakdown, Chelsea and Gary were just absolutely AMAZING to work with!! The whole process was so smooth. Not to mention the entire Crissey Farm team including the Chef, baker, set up team and waiters who were so attentive the entire night from set up to breakdown. Every single detail Zach and I wanted was incorporated, when we walked into the venue we just couldn’t believe how perfect everything came together. People always tell you that weddings are so stressful, but to be quite honest Crissey Farm was so organized and on top of everything that we were not nervous or stressed for a minute the weekend of our wedding!! Everything fell into place so perfectly all thanks to the Crissey Farm team! It’s been a month since our wedding day and our guests are still raving over every little detail from the amazing open bar, to the mouthwatering appetizers, to the breath taking displays of food and delectable desserts our guests just couldn’t get enough!! And I quote “that carrot cake was out of this world!” and “those cannoli’s were the best I have ever tasted” from literally every wedding guest. When the steamship roast came out people were in awe and could not stop talking about how awesome the food was! Our guests kept saying how at most weddings they go to the food is mediocre and they never feel satisfied. All of our guests had multiple servings and just kept saying how delicious everything was including the mashed potatoes, eggplant rollatini, string bean almondine and the super yummy chicken asiago. They were literally crowd pleasers!! This was a destination wedding for us so most of our guests decided to stay overnight, but we still had a few guests that had just planned to go home that night, but Crissey Farm made our wedding such a killer party that people were booking hotels at the last minute just to enjoy the wedding until the very end of the night which was like 2AM. Aside from the venue, Crissey Farm opened the brewery for us to throw an after party for our guests where we were able to bring in a pizza truck for our quests, enjoy some music, drinks and keep the party going!! It was absolutely amazing to be able to be with our guests for the entire night!! Everyone just loved it!! We could not have chosen a more perfect venue and will be recommending Crissey Farm to every couple we know for the wedding!! No better place to have a wedding in the Berkshires!! :)

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful Fall Wedding

Gary and Chelsea at Crissey Farm gave my husband and I the wedding of our dreams. They made sure everything was perfect and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Great people to work with and an absolutely beautiful venue!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Crissey Farm 31
    Crissey Farm 32
    Crissey Farm 33
    Crissey Farm 34

Sierra-Rae · Married on 10/21/2017

Our expectations were greatly exceeded! Both Chelsea and her father Gary went above and beyond to make sure our daughters wedding was superb. The staff and chef were professional, courteous and very accommodating. Our guests continue to tell us how much they loved the wedding and how much they enjoyed the food. Crissey Farm is the perfect venue!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Abby · Married on 10/14/2017

We couldn’t have imagined any other place for our wedding! The food was awesome and the staff made everything run so smoothly that we were able to enjoy the entire night without worrying. We highly recommend Crissey Farm!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Rebecca · Married on 09/09/2017

The staff at Crissey Farm was an absolute pleasure to work with. When we met with Gary Happ, he made us feel very comfortable and at-ease from the start, which is one of the main reasons we chose this venue. They have hosting weddings down to a science, and everything on our day was timely and professional. We also loved the many eco-friendly aspects of the venue, and the brewery that they own as well (Barrington Brewery). Chelsea, Gary's daughter, was also wonderful to work with. She was very open to all our ideas for decor, which allowed us to have our wedding look exactly the way we had pictured. Chef Odille was so kind and sweet, and her cooking was out of this world. She was very open to our ideas for cake flavors and made us a beautiful and delicious lemon cake with blueberry filling. In the planning process we were disappointed that we were unable to taste the foods and desserts we picked, but in the end everything was just as delicious as we were promised it would be!! All our guests raved about the food afterwards. Thank you to Gary, Chelsea, Odille, and the rest of the Crissey Farm staff for making our wedding amazing.

Sent on 12/22/2017

REM · Married on 08/25/2017

Chelsea and Gary were wonderful. Crissey Farm was the perfect location to host a welcome cocktail party before our wedding. The food was delicious!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Katherine · Married on 08/04/2017

I can't even say enough about Chelsea and about Crissey Farm! It was the absolute perfect place for our wedding! Everyone I spoke to (including people around town who had family members or friends who had been there) said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had, which my husband and I completely agree with. In addition to that, I'm a vegetarian, as is my maid of honor, and she told me it was the first time she left a wedding full, since other venues usually have pretty unappealing vegetarian options. Our gluten free people also said they left very satisfied. Chelsea herself is incredibly sweet, easy going, responsive and flexible. I was a little nervous when it rained the afternoon of the wedding, but the Crissey Farm team took such incredible care of us and it looked just as wonderful as it would have outside, if not more so. Everyone who works at Crissey Farm, and Barrington Brewery, went out of our way to feel taken care of and supported, from setting up tables and water for us to put together our DIY flowers and other wedding items (2 DAYS of coming in and out without any issues). Our bridal suite was a lovely place to relax and get ready, so we were able to get some beautiful pictures there. We also threw Chelsea some curveballs during the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner which she handled beautifully and with such professionalism. I really could just go on and on, but suffice it to say that we LOVE Crissey Farm, and we just can't imagine our wedding being the same anywhere else!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Tasha-lea · Married on 07/29/2017

My wife and I chose to be married at Crissey Farms after we had to change venues; we went from having everything figured out to having nothing at all. From the first moment that we worked with Crissey Farms, our vision was coming back together seamlessly. Any questions that we had were answered almost immediately, and ever worry we had was calmed by their continued patience. Our day itself went so fantastically well! Not a single guest had anything bad to say, and all who attended said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We know this is because of the amazing work from all the employees, who feel like family now! Our food was FANTASTIC and the venue it self, beautiful. I highly recommend Crissey Farms, and am glad it was recommended to me by a lovely server who works at the conjoined Barrington Brewery! It was truly the best day ever!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Brittany · Married on 07/29/2017

Amazing staff, amazing service and always there when a question came up.

Sent on 09/26/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/01/2017

Crissey Farm was the absolute perfect venue! Chelsea and Gary are always there to answer any questions and are always willing to accommodate anything you want to change to help you best envision your wedding day. I would recommend this venue to absolutely anyone that wants a personal, affordable, and all around amazing day! Our guests and myself and husband are still thinking about all of the amazing food!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Ann Marie · Married on 05/26/2017

We were truly so blessed to have selected Crissey Farm for our Wedding reception and ceremony. They made us feel so special and made sure that every detail of our wishes were met. Working with Chelsea and Gary was truly so wonderful. They were very professional, worked with our budget, gave us many suggestions, and were truly amazing to be around. Our entire evening was perfect. Truly perfect. Our guests raved about the food and how beautiful the setting was for our evening wedding. it rained for our ceremony - but this did not stop Crissey Farm in making sure that our "indoor" ceremony was just as beautiful and special as if we were outside. And in the end - we LOVED that our ceremony was inside. We would highly recommend using Crissey Farm as your venue for your wedding. If you want to walk away having the most special of memories - trust us! You cannot go wrong! A very special thank you to Gary, Chelsea, Chef, and the entire team at Crissey Farm!

Sent on 06/18/2017

Barbara · Married on 05/20/2017

What a wonderful venue! Having to plan a rehearsal dinner long distance was daunting. Chrissy Farm was superb! Easy, flexible and so accommodating. Our party was a great successs. Staff, food, venue. The perfect party.

Sent on 09/20/2017

John · Married on 11/05/2016

Where to even begin? Every last thing about our experience with Crissey Farm was stellar.

The venue itself is gorgeous and definitely one of the reasons we initially checked out Crissey Farm. An autumn wedding in the Berkshires? Hard to ask for a better backdrop. After our first meeting with Gary, we knew this was going to be the venue for our wedding. A true professional through and through, and so very accommodating.

I truly cannot say enough good things about Gary, Chelsea, and Odille. We met with them on several occasions and emailed countless times in the months leading up to the big day, and every time we were left with the impression that they were truly invested in making our special day the best it could be. Chelsea helped us find our DJ and our officiant, worked with us to tweak our day of timeline to perfection, and was absolutely on top of everything during both the rehearsal and the reception. No detail was overlooked and everything ran like clockwork.

Crissey Farm handled both the reception dinner and the wedding cake for us. Chef Odille was mindful of all the special dietary needs of ourselves and our guests and wowed us at every turn; the food was delicious and the cake was a masterpiece.

Consummate professionals, excellent communicators, and, above all else, truly lovely people. I cannot recommend Crissey Farm enough.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Mickey · Married on 08/20/2016

This venue and their staff was amazing!! My wife and I were set on this venue as soon as we walked through the doors. Chelsea and Gary were great to work with and made sure everything was taken care of! My wife smiled our entire wedding day, I was hoping it was just from marrying me, but I know it was also because she had no worries at all on our special day!
    We were able to email and meet in person on several occasions to go over everything for our rehearsal dinner, which we had at the brewery as well as our wedding day at Crissey Farm. It was comforting to know our big day was in their hands and we wouldn't have to worry about anything other than just showing up! Chelsea was at the venue as soon as we got their in the morning and she was there when our after party decided to call it a night at the bar, she dedicated the whole weekend to making sure it was perfect for us and we can't say thank you enough! Besides their service to us their food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! When Gary says that their cornbread is world famous he is not joking!! From the cornbread, the hors d'oeuvres, and the bbq buffet everything was great and all of our guests made sure to let us know that as well.
    If you are having any doubts about this place, you shouldn't, because they will make sure it's perfect. If you want to see your significant other smile the whole night then this is the venue for you!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Justin · Married on 08/13/2016

What can I say that hasn't already been stated in the many excellent reviews about Crissey Farm? Chelsea and Gary are really good at what they do...and what they do is plan amazing weddings. From the ceremony to the reception, every stage of the planning process is handled with meticulous care. I'd also like to give a shout out to Chef Odille who works wonders in the kitchen. Our wedding was one of the larger that they hosted this past season at 150 guests and everyone had a blast!! One thing to know is that if you're planning a wedding with that many guests on a very hot summer day (90+ degrees), the air conditioning system will not keep up. Even with the heat wave Chelsea and Gary worked tirelessly to keep guests comfortable (setting up large fans) and I wouldn't let that deter me from this venue. It was everything we wanted for our special day!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Crissey Farm's reply:

Thank you for your kid words Justin. With all of the awesome dancing of your guests, the room was certainly steamy on the hottest day of the year.

Allyson · Married on 08/06/2016

Our experience with Crissey Farm was absolutely amazing! Gary, Chelsea and the rest of the staff were absolutely accommodating! We are still hearing people Rave over how amazing our food was, how beautifully put together the hors d'oeuvres were, and how well organized the whole event was. From our experience, wedding planners were not needed for this day. Chelsea does an amazing job making sure the day goes just as asked. The staff was quick, Chef could not have put together any more of a beautiful display for our food and dessert. Gary takes so much pride in taking care of his clients and it is reflected within the work that is done. The day of the wedding was the easiest part for us, and we had our whole itinerary in good hands. CF was also very open to letting us decorate the venue as we wished which was a huge bonus. The bridal suite upstairs was so perfect for the hours leading up to the wedding. They have a great shuttle service for wedding guests, and are open to allowing you to step next door outside on the patio to continue post wedding celebrations. We have no regrets with choosing Crissey Farm for our wedding venue!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Heidi · Married on 07/30/2016

Please visit with them, you will be more than impressed.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Crissey Farm is a fantastic location for a wedding reception and it is 100% the result of the professionalism and customer service provided by Gary, Chelsea, and Chef Odille. From the beginning of the process everything was easy! My husband and I planned the wedding remotely and could not have asked for more from Gary and Chelsea. Chelsea was fantastic and made several very specific requests become a reality and provided recommendations to improve on our ideas. We were floored when we walked into the reception at how perfect everything was. We were unable to meet with Chef Odille during our final planning meeting however, the food and cake were out of this world!! Gary and Chelsea's job did not stop once everything was set up and running, they both were constantly roaming the reception making sure everything was acceptable and running smoothly. We had a long break between our ceremony (at another location) and reception, Chelsea and Chef Odille went out of the way to ensure we had a wonderful sample of the regional cheese display... which was fantastic because my husband and I did not get to taste much once the cocktail hour started. We would highly recommend Crissey Farm!! Fantastic service! Fantastic food! Fantastic backdrop!! Fantastic staff!!

Sent on 07/04/2016
  • CTaylor

Chrissy · Married on 06/04/2016

Crissey Farm is a fantastic location and the only place we wanted for our wedding reception! My husband and I (as well as my parents) could not have been happier! As I was living in California, the groom was in Canada and my parents were the only local residents, we could not have asked for better customer service from Gary and Chelsea. We also have not stopped receiving compliments about the food made by Chef Odille. Even the wedding cake was more delicious (and beautiful) than we could have ever imagined. The venue is beautiful on its own, and the provided linens added just the right touches. We had both a DJ and a band, and they made sure we knew the perfect way to have everything set up! Chelsea was amazing at making sure all the dances, entrances and cake cutting happened at just the right time, and making sure all needed parties were present, allowing the groom and I to socialize with our guests and not stress. Why my husband and I were taking beautiful pictures with the lush green backdrops, the guests got to enjoy delicious appetizers and frankly didn't even notice our absence. We could not be more happy, we definitely would recommend to anyone who would listen, and can promise that we will be back to hopefully celebrate more occasions! Or at least try to eat more cake on the brewery side! Thank you, Thank you!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Laura & Alex · Married on 05/29/2016

We just had our wedding at Crissey Farm and would recommend it to everyone! The service was so personal and really helped make our day perfect. Gary and Chelsea were able to help make our vision for our wedding come true. They were very flexible with decor and our special requests so we were really able to make it our own. On the day of the wedding, the coordination on their end was fantastic. Everything went so smoothly and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Chef Odille is amazing. She is not only incredibly nice, but our guests raved about her food for weeks after the wedding. Her carrot cake cupcake is amazing!! Also, our guests loved the fact that the hotels are so close by, which made the venue incredibly convenient. We had the ceremony and reception on site and people were able to walk to their hotels afterward. Yay!

Sent on 06/22/2016

jen · Married on 05/21/2016

We LOVED Crissey Farm! It was the first (and only) venue we saw. After meeting with Chelsea, we knew it was the perfect place for us. The venue is gorgeous, and it has a beautiful grassy area if you want to have your ceremony outside (which also works out great for yard games during the reception). They only do one wedding per day, which means their focus is on you and you alone for the entire event. And you don't feel rushed.

Chelsea and Gary have a very organized system to map out your day, which made the whole process practically stress-free. It was such a relief to have someone help create a timeline and make sure we stayed on track throughout the day.

The food was delicious! All night, guests were telling us how much they loved the food. And Chef Odil was an absolute pleasure to work with.

Having the brewery connected to the venue is awesome. Great beer during the reception, and we all went there afterward and had a blast.

The location is superb. There are lots of hotels and quaint bed and breakfasts nearby, so it was easy getting everyone around with a shuttle. Both Stockbridge and Great Barrington have lots of great restaurants and tourist attractions, which was perfect for our out-of-town guests.

Chelsea is very knowledgeable and was an excellent resource throughout the entire process. She had lots of recommendations for us. My favorite tip of hers was to take photos at nearby Naumkeag--it is absolutely gorgeous! We HIGHLY recommend Crissey Farm!

Sent on 08/02/2016