Crispin Hill Reviews

24 | Penn Yan, NY

24 Reviews for Crispin Hill

24 Crispin Hill Reviews
  • Catherine · Married on 09/21/2018

Amazing venue, and even more incredible are Chelsey and Heather. Chelsey was so great at guiding me through the wedding planning process and listening to my incessant questions. Heather did an amazing job with our food. From the tasting to the rehearsal dinner, then cocktail hour and dinner the food was excellent and our guests agreed. The bridesmaids stayed at the farmhouse the night before, and everything ran really smoothly the day of our wedding. Thank you so much for making our day special!

Crispin Hill 1
    Crispin Hill 2
    Crispin Hill 3
    Crispin Hill 4

Brittany · Married on 09/07/2018

Chelsey & Heather were the absolute best to work with, and Crispin Hill was a dream! I cannot count the number of compliments we received on our wedding—on the food quality & presentation, the venue's stunning scenery overlooking the lake, the flow of the different areas for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, the gorgeous house we stayed at on site. Everything came together beautifully. So many of our guests told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. My husband and I felt taken care of by Chelsey & Heather throughout the whole process. They accommodated our needs from out of state, answered my millions of questions, advocated for us with vendors, & executed our vision seamlessly and with care. Heather is an incredibly talented chef who worked with us to customize a menu that represented us. She truly cared about meeting our needs and is just a really cool person on top of that. Chelsey knows how to get things done, and with kindness! She sent us weather updates and reassured it would all work out (it did!), helped think of ways to honor my father at the ceremony, and despite how many weddings they host every year, she made us feel like we were the only couple getting married this year. We truly feel lucky to have shared our day with Chelsey & Heather, and hope to stay in touch with them well past our wedding because they are wonderful people! You will not regret hosting your wedding at Crispin Hill — it was the best decision we could have made for our wedding!

Emily · Married on 08/25/2018

Crispin Hill gave me the most perfect wedding. The house is draw dropping beautiful over looking Keuka Lake. Chelsey was so helpful in planning everything we needed. Heathers cooking is to die for! None of our guest had anything negative to say about the service, food or venue. All our comments were "the nicest wedding they've ever been to." Everything was so well organized. My dream wedding came true.

Cecelia · Married on 08/18/2018

If you are thinking about having your Wedding at Crispin Hill, JUST DO IT! You will not regret it I promise you! Chelsey and Heather were AMAZING! All of our guests said that our wedding was the best one that they have ever been to hands down. My family and I are definitely foodies and Heather's cooking far exceeded expectations. BEST WEDDING FOOD EVER! We had our rehearsal dinner in the barn the night before our wedding. It was so beautifully put together and once again the food was AMAZING. Chelsey helped with rehearsal and made sure that we were all ready to go and felt confident in everything that would be happening the next day. Leading up the wedding, My husband and I had a year and a half engagement. Every little question we had for Chelsey, she responded to us right away. Crispin Hill took care of every single detail to make sure that our Wedding would be great. My wedding party and I stayed in the Crispin Hill house the night before and then just my Husband and I the next day. Definitely stay in the house! It is BEAUTIFUL and it made everything so convenient for our friends and family. We took the most amazing pictures in the house and it made getting ready with the girls and relaxing so easy! My wedding was everything I have ever dreamed of and MORE. I cried when it was time to leave as Crispin Hill now forever hold a place in my heart. Chelsey and Heather, our families and Jake and I cannot thank the two of you and your staff enough. Thank you so much for giving us the best day of our lives!

Megan · Married on 07/21/2018

Heather and Chelsey at Crispin Hill could not have been greater to work with. They were always available, and open and willing to help us plan and pull off our perfect wedding. The venue was spectacular, food was amazing, and the staff was there to take care of us and our guests in any way needed. We loved everything about our day and feel we can't thank Heather and Chelsey enough. 148

Crispin Hill 5

Sara · Married on 05/27/2018

Chelsey and Heather were wonderful - friendly, creative, talented, flexible, professional and they even managed to turn off the rain on our wedding day! Guests are still gushing about the gorgeous venue and the amazing food. An absolute dream!

Crispin Hill 6
    Crispin Hill 13
    Crispin Hill 14
    Crispin Hill 15

Allison · Married on 08/26/2017

Everything was so amazing!! The space was beautiful and the food was absolutely phenomenal. Chelsey was on top of everything and very fair in her pricing.

Veronica · Married on 08/05/2017

Crispin Hill is a dream wedding venue. The entire property is beautiful, from the ceremony location overlooking the lake to the big red barn with its string lights and giant windows. Our wedding was everything we wanted and more, thanks to Chelsey and Heather. They are THE MOST accommodating and helpful hosts. They opened their home to us (the gorgeous house itself is a huge selling point!) and were able to recommend several other vendors (Keuka Taxi for transportation, Wegmans for flowers, and Chef Heidi for desserts- all were huge hits!). Since we had a destination wedding and no wedding planner, I was worried about setup not looking the way I envisioned when planning. However, Chelsey made sure everything was just as I wanted- it was gorgeous, and I should have known I had no reason at all to worry. Throughout the process, Chelsey answered all of my questions promptly (and trust me, I had A LOT). She was wonderful to work with. Heather is equally wonderful, and she is a food genius. Seriously, her food is so good, and she is willing to customize anything to meet your needs. My husband and I are big foodies, so we really wanted our guests to enjoy the food at our wedding. They certainly did. Aside from food, Heather even created two signature drinks for us- a Moscow mule, and a rosemary-cucumber gimlet. Our guests were huge fans of both. If you are on the fence at all about booking Crispin Hill, just do it. You will not regret it. We did not want our weekend to end. THANK YOU, Chelsey & Heather!!

Mary · Married on 07/15/2017

Wonderful venue! Class act by chef and planner. Delicious food, friendly servers and exceptional dancing area.

Brian · Married on 07/15/2017

AS parents of the groom we were very satisfied with the attention to details and communication. Heather and Chelsey made the process of creating a reception that was just PERFECT! The food ,venue, and staff were wonderful . We highly recommend this beautiful location with out any reservation.

Chelsea · Married on 07/03/2017

Most beautiful place! Chelsey & Heather are both so easy to talk with & work with u to make your day all u want it to be!!!

Joseph · Married on 06/10/2017

Chelsey and Heather at Crispin Hill provided us with an amazing experience for our wedding. The venue was beautiful, the event went off with just the one hitch, and the food was fantastic. What we appreciated most was how many local vendors they knew who could fulfill other needs for us ie. flowers, cake, shuttle, watching our dog. They really do put in the extra work to make your special day perfect. The wedding party also was lucky enough to be able to stay in their on site guest house, which has been redone beautifully and made for some great moments for the group. Cannot recommend them more!

Kathleen · Married on 03/11/2017

I would highly recommend this venue to all future brides! My guests have not stopped calling me telling me how outstanding the hospitality, food and scenery was. Chelsey was a doll to work with and made the event planning process fun. She was super organized and paid attention to every last detail. Crispin Hill is absolutely beautiful and the delightful staff makes this place a rare gem. We can't wait to go back!

Tony · Married on 09/20/2016

If you're looking for a place that will truly give you a unique, once in a lifetime experience, this is it

Samantha · Married on 07/30/2016

I can't say enough good things about this venue! Our guests were blown away by the charm that Crispin has, not to mention the gorgeous view of Keuka lake and the amazing food! Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Chelsey and Heather!! Thank you both for everything!

Gail · Married on 07/24/2016

If you're looking for an event center and want true value for your money with outstanding food, service and scenery, you can't beat Crispin Hill. Owners Heather and Chelsey catered to our every need. Heather Tompkins was formerly trained at the CIA (Culinary Institute of America at Hyde Park, NY) and it shows. The food presentation was beautiful and the food itself outstanding! They both pay particular attention to detail and the views of Keuka Lake are spectacular! Can not say enough good things about this venue. You won't be disappointed here!

Amelia · Married on 07/17/2016

Working with Chelsey was a dream. She helped us plan an event and remained calm, cool, and gracious under pressure (exactly what you need when planning an event like a wedding). Believe me, we caused a lot of stress with constant changes and problems! The food was delicious and beautiful and they helped us to put on a memorable event that people are still talking about. I recommend Crispin Hill 100%. And being from Brooklyn, and a bit of a foodie, I was really happy to find such great food in the Finger Lakes.

Danielle · Married on 06/18/2016

Chelsey and Heather catered our wedding at the Cracker Factory in Geneva, NY this past June. We both enjoy food and cooking so this was a very important part to our wedding. They went above and beyond our expectations. They provided us with a great food tasting and we were really able to get a good idea of taste and presentation. Heather is an excellent chef with lots of creativity and will work with your ideas, likes and dislikes. We showed a few pictures of the vision we had for the appetizer station and it came out better than we ever expected. There were many guests coming up to us that night saying how great all the food was.

We also had Chelsey handle all of the coordination the day of and she kept everything on time and running smoothly. She even arranged and set up my beautiful dessert table with desserts that we had provided.

They were easy to work with and provided top quality service. We would highly recommend them and their team!!

Allison · Married on 07/29/2017

When we were searching for a wedding venue, we wanted an outdoor area in the Finger Lakes at a venue that was rustic and somewhere we could add our own personal touch. One visit to Crispin Hill and we knew that was the place for us! Overlooking Keuka Lake, Crispin Hill provided fantastic views, and the farmhouse set-up was accommodating for the outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour at the stables, reception on the patio, and dancing in the barn. We also stayed at the house (a beautifully remodeled farmhouse) for the wedding weekend, which was great for the wedding party (most of us, out of towners) and also made getting ready for our special day that much easier. Chelsey and Heather were responsive, attentive, and easy to work with throughout the process (which ended up being 8 months of communications). Chelsey was the wedding planner, coordinating with our vendors (DJ, musician, baker) to make sure everything was in place and the day flowed effortlessly. Chelsey and Heather allowed us to set up our own décor around the farmhouse, in the barn, and at the reception area. Since we had a beer theme to our wedding, beer selection was important, and Chelsey went above and beyond to try and get specific beers for us, working with her distributors to give us many options. Immediately after we said our “I do’s” and walked toward the reception area, she was waiting, with beers in hand, to congratulate my wife and me. Heather prepared the meals for us, and even modified a dish to our liking. The food was fantastic, and even before we sat down, a portion of each dinner item was already waiting for us. The staff at the venue were attentive and friendly, and our guests really enjoyed the drinks the staff mixed up. The venue was beautiful; everyone at Crispin Hill was attentive; the food was delicious; and our day was perfect. We’re still talking about how beautiful the wedding was and how perfectly everything turned out.

Crispin Hill 16
    Crispin Hill 23
    Crispin Hill 24
    Crispin Hill 25

anne · Married on 05/13/2017

Excellent service from start to finish. Would book them again.

• Angela

Angela · Married on 07/02/2016

Heather and Chelsey really shine when it's show time. No matter how much planning goes into a wedding, you have to prepare for a few bumps in the road as it all unfolds. In my experience, this is when we most appreciated the experience, professionalism, and flexibility of Crispin Hill. Heather is an absolute master of her craft. Our rehearsal took longer than we'd hoped, but you wouldn't know that we had delayed her meal by an hour because we walked into a rehearsal dinner that could have come straight from a magazine; it was beautiful. There were also a couple setbacks to our timeline the day of our wedding, but the Crispin Hill crew didn't break a sweat! Their calm demeanor and ability to improvise makes all the difference in the world to a bride on her wedding day. Chelsey served as an excellent liaison between the wedding party, our guests, and their wonderful team. She offered assistance during times I didn't even think I'd need it, but not sure what I would have done without her. Above all else, the Crispin Hill property and views are breathtaking. Spending your entire wedding weekend at one (very comfortable) location has so many perks. If you're looking for a rusty-chic venue with a one-of-a-kind view, we highly recommend Crispin Hill. We are so grateful to Heather and Chelsey for a perfect day!

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2018

4.2
      3.5

The food was superb! I had so many family members tell me how wonderful the venue and food was. The view is gorgeous, even on a rainy day. Heather and Chelsey are willing to make the day yours and do everything they can to make it 100%.

Crispin Hill 26

Brittany · Married on 01/07/2017

4.2
      3.5

Crispin Hill is the most beautiful venue in the area! We booked Crispin before it was finished, and although we hit a few hiccups along the way as the venue went through some growing pains, it turned out to be the perfect wedding. We and our guests are still talking about the food, and Chelsey was so flexible in our requests for bar and was willing to wait to set up at the last minute due to weather. Communication at times was a challenge early on in the planning process, but I believe this is part of beginning a new adventure with a new venue. All in all, we couldn't have been happier with Crispin as the perfect location for our Keuka wedding!