Crescent Moon Catering Reviews

93 | Port Orchard, WA

93 Reviews for Crescent Moon Catering

Jim and Sharlene · Married on 07/11/2015

Highly recommend this caterer. They went over and above to make our daughter's wedding a special day. When we had a glitch in our food, Crescent Moon Catering filled the void and our buffet went off beautifully. We had nothing but compliments on the food and if you are looking for a caterer, Crescent Moon should be your first choice.

Sent on 07/17/2015

This was my first experience with a caterer. i honestly have nothing to compare my experience with. However, I was extremely pleased with the entire service.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Paige · Married on 06/19/2015

Crescent Moon was outstanding as our catering company for the wedding. All the staff was friendly, courteous, efficient and professional. Anna was willing to work within our budget and flexible as we made last minute adjustments. We would highly recommend Crescent Moon.

Sent on 07/05/2015

My family and I had the great honor of sharing our home with my father for the last ten years of our lives. When he recently passed we were devastated. As the rest of the family lives on the east coast, it was up to us to plan a service, which was something we had fortunately never done before.

We discovered our first choice for the memorial was available and they gave us a list of caterers they work with. Crescent Moon Catering was highly recommended by them. We were informed that they were not inexpensive, but their food was excellent and Anna Gordon, the owner, always took great care of her customers.

I called Anna right away and she sent a menu proposal which I promptly deleted – by accident! She kindly and patiently sent another. She made the changes to the drink selection I requested and gently guided me through the food selection. We arranged a time for them to set up and Anna personally came to help due to it being a memorial service.

It turns out, the memorial service went way over the time we had thought it would end. Hours over! But Anna never pressed us. Instead, when I came up to profusely apologize she gave me the sweetest smile and a big hug. She told me not to worry about it. She informed me it had been a beautiful service and my father sounded like a very good man.

This touched me deeply. In my moment of deepest grief this person, who did not know me or my father, who was delayed in her own life, had given me support – support I had needed to get through the rest of the day. She never rushed us and instead was a calming presence. I told her later she was my angel and she was. She truly took care of us.

The food was absolutely delicious and we made sure to pack up any left overs (which made for delicious meals for the next few days for our visiting relatives).

I highly recommend Anna Gordon and Crescent Moon for any catering needs. Anna truly will take great care of you.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Crescent Moon Catering was fantastic from first contact to final execution. Prompt communication and answering of all my questions, flexible and helpful in working with me to choose a menu that fit my budget, delicious food options for an extremely reasonable price, and a beautiful table display. The servers at the event were attentive and friendly. Every employee who I encountered while working with Crescent Moon made me feel like a friend. I received nothing but flattering comments about the food from my guests. I have nothing negative to say about working with this catering company and hope to someday use their services again.

Sent on 06/16/2015

alexandria · Married on 09/06/2014

Wedding planning can be an absolute pain. Though it is a time of wonderful happiness, planning can be chaotic.

Having Crescent Moon Catering cater my wedding was the best decision I could have made. They were not just a catering team, but a total and complete wedding team. They helped me bustle my dress when no one else could do it, got flower stains out of my gown, fixed my face after my lovely husband stuffed cake in it!
    Their food was incredible. Even a few days after my wedding... Guests ARE STILL RAVING ABOUT IT!! Their kindness and professionalism is on point. Their staff just works together beautifully. I highly recommend Anna Gordon and her crescent monk staff for any event. They are my go to catering team now.
    You won't regret it.
    I promise you.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2014

I have nothing but kind words and gratitude for Crescent Moon Catering and wouldn't dream of contacting another caterer, ever! They were great, their food was amazing, and they had no problem working within my budget, even though it was a very small wedding. The food was fresh, filling, and delightful. My guests loved every bite! The staff who worked that day was amazing, attentive and very polite. They were incredible at letting me know when each service was ready to go! The bartender associated with Crescent Moon Catering was knowledgeable, fun, flexible, and very clever. I couldn't possibly recommend them more and will absolutely call on them again!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Mary · Married on 08/18/2014

Crescent Moon Catering was the first vendor I hired. Anna was amazing with her support and flexibility through out all of my planning! When I had to change venues and the amount of guests, she was great in response. And their food is SO good, that we had very little leftovers. My friends and family couldn't get over her pulled pork sliders and smoky bacon mac and cheese! I almost need to throw another big party so I can work with them again! Truly great food made by truly great people.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Morgan · Married on 08/16/2014

We were absolutely thrilled with every single aspect of the service we received from Anna and the team at Crescent Moon Catering. They perfectly meshed with our vision and theme for the day, as well as being incredibly professional, helpful, and friendly. If there was a single mistake made, I certainly didn't know about it! The food was absolutely delicious, Anna's artichoke dip is famous for a reason...people are still talking about it!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Allene · Married on 08/16/2014

Anna and her staff are wonderful. It was like having family take care of our wedding guests.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Charlotte · Married on 08/02/2014

We had the opportunity to have Crescent Moon Catering at our wedding of about 85 people. From the start, Anna was extremely responsive with our questions and menu ideas. She really nailed the menu that we were picturing and also brought in a lot of new great ideas. Our tasting was wonderful and we always felt that her and her staff took the extra mile to accommodate us and our vision. We had a few people with food allergies at the wedding, and Anna generously provided ingredient lists.

The food was beautiful and delicious! We are still getting compliments about how tasty everything was. A huge plus about Crescent Moon is that Anna uses seasonal ingredients. Everything is extremely fresh and colorful. The presentation of the food was absolutely gorgeous! Our hor d'oeuvres table looked like a work of art. The food was beautifully arranged. We had a family style dinner and even the platters looked like perfection.

Anna and her team went above and beyond. Our reception was outside on the grounds of our venue and there was a very decent sized hill that Anna and her team climbed back and forth to bring all of the food and beverages down. It was quite a workout! The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating and they left the kitchen and preparation areas clean and organized.

We highly recommend Crescent Moon for your next event. The value, quality and taste of food, and excellence in service exceeded our expectations.

Thank you Anna and CM team!

Sent on 08/11/2014

I was lucky enough to use Crescent for a business meeting for 10 executives that did anything but run on time. The CMC staff was wonderful, adjusting to our needs on the fly, jumping at an opportuninty to set up the minute we left a room. The staff was great, the food great, the set ups gorgeous....and i can't say enough about FLEXIBILITY, that makes all the difference to me. You are in safe hands.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Debbie · Married on 07/12/2014

Anna and her team were a joy to work with from start to finish. The food was fantastic, the presentation and service, perfect.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2014

We had the most wonderful Experience with Kate and Anna through our entire Wedding Planning Process. My guests stated that it was the best food at a Wedding they ever had! I highly recommend Beechers Mac and Cheese with Bacon! The Bar tender they provided was amazing and all the staff were so friendly and professional. I wish I had another big event to plan so I could at their food again! We have the most Beautiful Fruit and Cheese Display to start with Salmon bites. Then we had Argentina Flank Steak and BBQ Chicken with Beechers Mac and Cheese, Apple Gorgonzola Salad, Honey Corn Bread muffins and an amazing corn and tomato salad! Best Menus options and the chef will work with you to make it just right! Really enjoyed our tasting and being able to choose and pick through so many options! The best part is they use fresh local ingredients! Thank you Crescent Moon for making our Wedding Dreams come true. A truly Magical Day for Us at Red Cedar Farm with your team!
    Jessica and Lucian Romero

Sent on 10/02/2017

Karina · Married on 06/26/2014

We used Crescent Moon Catering for our wedding and I couldn't be any happier with the the service that was provided! Food was outstanding and very reasonably priced. Chef Anna and her staff did a fantastic job and made the evening feel so easy and peaceful. 5 stars, would definitely recommend this business to anyone interested!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Renee · Married on 06/21/2014

I am so grateful that I found Crescent Moon Catering! Anna went over and above with being helpful in the planning of my wedding venue! She made several suggestions for places for me to check out, even before I committed to using her services for our wedding! Anna was so supportive in offering alternative menus and we came up with an amazing menu for our wedding reception. Her artichoke dip was the most amazing dip we have ever tasted, and we have tried many! The staff that services our wedding was phenomenal! The two women that handled our reception we lovely, helpful, professional, and very kind. I could not have been happier with the food and the service I received from beginning to the end. I am a very happy bride!! Thank you Anna and the to two beautiful gals that took care of us on our special day!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Elias · Married on 04/26/2014

I would like to say that katie and i are extremly satisfied with crescent moon catering. Ana and her staff made GREAT food and jamie and lindsey anr truly amazing workers. I hands down would recommend them for any event

Sent on 05/06/2014

Krista · Married on 09/14/2013

I would give more stars if available. Working with Anna Gordon was not only easy it actually made my wedding experience even more special. All my questions and ideas were not only heard but expanded on so beautifully. I felt like I was working with a good friend. The food, one word, EXCEPTIONAL!! The display was beautiful and the service super professional yet personal. I would absolutely recommend Crescent Moon Catering.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Crescent Moon catering for our wedding on August 31, 2013.

The entire experience with Crescent Moon was fantastic! We were interested in going the "heavy appetizers" route and the process of creating the menu with Crescent Moon was so easy and fun! I let Anna know my budget and the items from her sample menus that I liked and she helped to make it a reality! She was so responsive and flexible when it came to getting it just right.

Anna then met with my husband and I and provided a delicious tasting, which solidified our decision to go with Crescent Moon for our special day. The food was delicious and Anna showed such professionalism and experience, asking great questions and giving awesome pointers for day-of.

The day-of the staff from Crescent Moon was so awesome! They were super attentive and the food display and quality was amazing! All our guests had great feedback on the items from the menu!! It was the best!

I would totally recommend them to any bride or caterer shopper I know! Sooo awesome!!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/20/2013

Crescent Moon was so delightful to work with. Chef Ana and her staff were so generous with their time end expertise and prepared a SCRUMPTIOUS buffet for my wedding. Couldn't have asked for a better catering experience.

Even though I mainly worked with Ana over the phone because I am out of state, I felt like she was a friend by the time I saw her at the wedding. She's so wonderful! Next time I'm in town I'm going to have to track her down for more of that artichoke dip! Best I've ever had.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Betty · Married on 07/12/2013

The buffet- style service was beautifully done for our sons's wedding reception. Our son and daughter-in-law chose Greek food. We loved the food and many of our guests commented on the flavors and the display. Crescent Moon worked with us entirely by email as we and the married couple live out of the area. What a relief when everything turned out so well!

Sent on 07/20/2013

Kendall · Married on 06/09/2012

We used Crescent Moon for our wedding reception, and they were top notch! They did everything exactly like we asked them to do. The best part is that they were confident about their job and didn't need to ask us a million questions during our big day, which was a huge relief among all the other questions.

The food was absolutely fantastic - we especially recommend the artichoke dip! The whole set up was amazing, and we couldn't have asked for a better arrangement.

We also opted to have a consultation with them before the wedding so that we could preview some of their menu. They were very helpful with all of it and were incredibly friendly. We felt like good friends before the consultation was over.

Over all, my husband and I were very impressed with their level of professionalism and quality. We will definitely be considering using their services again in the future!

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 01/14/2012

They are amazing. All my guest raved about the food. They helped me with changes right down the last minute. So professional! I could not have asked for a better service!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Erin · Married on 09/23/2017

Crescent Moon Catering came highly recommended by our venue and after our initial tasting and email correspondence with them, it was easy to see why. They focus on delicious down to earth food with an elegant touch. Kate and her team were always willing to chat through my numerous questions and were able to work with our budget and preferences to create a custom menu for us and our guests to make our day even more special. Our guests were raving even days after our wedding about how delicious everything was, some admitting to us that they had gone back for seconds and thirds. They even worked with us to update the menu for some unexpected allergies after our initial tasting, providing options that would work with our budget. They went above and beyond, providing us (the bride and groom) with special plates full of the cocktail hour appetizers and even providing a to go box at the end of the night with some of the leftovers. We highly recommend Crescent Moon for all catering needs as a delicious, affordable and personable vendor.

Sent on 10/20/2017

Chey · Married on 08/20/2017

What a perfect choice! Anna was great! She was very professional and responsive with emails in the beginning while we tried to work with our budget. Anna and her team were prompt, helpful, and such a delight. Not to mention the food was beautiful and delicious. We got a ton of compliments. Highly recommend, and worth every penny.

Sent on 08/29/2017