Crescent Moon Catering Reviews

93 | Port Orchard, WA

93 Reviews for Crescent Moon Catering

Jamie · Married on 12/30/2017

CMC was a pleasure to work with. They helped us to stay within our budget and offered many different food options to do this. They were able to make a special meal for a family member with special food needs, a request made days before the wedding. I received many compliments on the food. They even made a "to go" plate for my husband and I. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2017

From the very start we knew we were in good hands with Crescent Moon Catering! Kate was handling our requests and she was so prompt with everything. She made us feel so valued and that she and the staff at CMC were excited for us and happy to be a part of our special day. They scheduled a full tasting for us and we were able to try all of our food from our selected menu as well as meet Anna, the chef. It was fabulous and we cleaned our plates and they even sent us home with some leftovers. On the day of, and to no surprise they were amazing!!!!! The service staff, the bartenders, and food were fantastic and our guest confirmed that all night. Their main focus was making us and our guest happy and they succeeded 10 times over. I would 100% recommend CMC for anyone's special day. We loved them!!!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Chasity Ann · Married on 10/05/2017

They catered our wedding this past October, and I would give Crescent Moon Catering 10 stars if it were possible!

Chef Anna is pretty much a genius when it comes to flavor profiles, just read through each menu. They will customize your dishes if you want, but we trusted the professionals because everything tasted so amazing. I'm glad to have met her during our tasting.

Kate was amazing to work with, their staff are on it. Our timeline was thrown off by nearly an hour, and they handled it professionally and with smiles! I saw them lighting candles, moving chairs, and doing things they weren't required to do, just to move things along and make everyone comfortable.

Crescent Moon Catering is a real gem, and we feel so lucky to have experienced their food/service! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Sheila · Married on 09/16/2017

We were very happy with the food we chose for our daughter's wedding. Everything was delicious! The servers were wonderful, very attentive to the guests and bride and groom. We appreciated Kate's help with creating our menu and setting up the food tasting with our daughter. We would definitely recommend Crescent Moon.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Angie Berger · Married on 09/02/2017

Excellent Food, Service and Communication

We hired Crescent Moon for our Wedding in September 2017. We had a boho/tropical themed wedding, so we went with the South of the Border meal (Taco bar), and paired it with a second table of catering from our favorite local Mexican restaurant. After our tasting, we were sold on the menu (especially the phylo brie). Anna and Kate worked with us every step of the way from the first email to the day of the wedding, making sure the menu and schedule was just right. We also had Crescent Moon provide the bartending services, which made the coordinating much simpler for us. And the bartender, Ian, was fantastic. Our guests all said they loved him! The cost was average compared to other local caterers, but the customer service was unmatched. I work with caterers through my job and often experience communication issues or don't hear back for long periods of time. Would absolutely recommend, and will definitely hire them again in the future for other events.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Kara · Married on 08/05/2017

Delicious food that had many seconds lines forming at our wedding buffet! Crescent moon staff were a pleasure to work with from the day we started planning right through the day of our event. We are very happy we chose them!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Mary · Married on 08/05/2017

We were looking for better quality food featuring Pacific Northwest Ingredients. We found Crescent Moon Catering and they truly are a dream to work with. We got married in Sequim at the Eberle Barn. They worked well with the Barn owners and other vendors. They customized a menu incorporating several of our favorite foods and provided excellent and professional service. Our menu had salmon cakes (which are amazing and gluten free), bone in the thigh chicken with lemon tarragon sauce, basil mint pesto linguine with artichoke hearts-- plus salad, rolls, and cheese/fruit platter. Originally we were going to only offer chicken or salmon but after doing the tasting-- we opted for both! The food was amazing, our guests raved about all of it! There was no additional charge for gluten free pasta for the few guests who needed it. Also, no additional charge for cake cutting, champagne toast... this was all great! The iced coffee with sweetener and the blueberry lemonade created a great touch. Staff was efficient and courteous to guests-- everything ran smoothly. The bartenders were excellent and had bottled waters for our guests. The prices are very reasonable-- you get incredible value for what they charge. If you are looking for better quality and more interesting food that really features local ingredients-- I highly recommend CMC! (Especially if you want to provide better vegetarian options for people). At the last minute, we needed to add an hour of service to extend dessert service and they were very accommodating. Cost listed included everything except tips: food, service, bar service, champagne flute rentals, extra hour for service, travel cost, tax.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Nicholas · Married on 08/05/2017

Crescent Moon Catering was incredible! They set up a stunning display of food, needed very little help, and in fact helped us make the wedding proceed more smoothly!! Incredible food, incredibly nice people, set aside plenty of food for bride and groom!

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • ErikaAK

Erika · Married on 06/07/2017

Crescent moon truly delivered for our wedding. We wanted breakfast food for dinner, and they made sure to have something for everyone. They were prompt, professional, and still so fun to work with! The best part for me and my husband though was the dessert. To go with the theme we asked for a waffle stack instead of a cake, with mini waffle stacks for everybody else. It was so fun and the food was amazing. Definitely worth the money, they will work with you to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. The servers and the bartender were amazing too, they made everything so seamless. Thank you Crescent Moon!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

We are so happy that we chose Crescent Moon Catering for our wedding! I was very nervous about choosing a caterer as I know how mediocre food can impact the feel of a wedding, but this was definitely not the case with CMC! We were in heaven after we met with Chef Anna for our tasting and knew immediately they were the ones to go with. I had zero doubts the food would be anything less than amazing and sure enough, our guests couldn't stop raving about it! The staff who was there before and during dinner were so helpful and genuinely excited to be there - it made everything flow even more smoothly. Chef Anna is a true talent and passionate about her work, we would recommend CMC to anyone looking for delicious food for their wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Anna, Kate and the Crescent Moon team were great throughout the whole process and were very flexible for some of our guests dietary needs. They were the best value and had an awesome attitude which made them very easy to work with. I have been recommending them and will go back for their delicious food whenever I need catering!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Josie · Married on 10/01/2016

Crescent Moon was such an amazing caterer for our wedding. The staff was amazing, everything was executed flawlessly, and Chef Anna was so accommodating with our menu. the values CMC embodies in how they source their products and prepare their food were exactly what we were looking for in picking the perfect caterer for our big day. Food was great, and the pricing was reasonable.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Allison · Married on 09/17/2016

Crescent Moon catered our wedding recently at The Lodge at Trinity Tree Farm! We knew we were looking for a taco bar dinner, and were very excited to see CMC had a menu looked perfect! We were completely sold after we did a tasting with them. The food was amazing! And the whole team was very easy to work with. After the wedding we received many compliments from our guests on the food :) We would definitely recommend Crescent Moon Catering!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Camie · Married on 08/06/2016

Crescent moon catering was absolutely fabulous! My guests are still talking about how amazing the food was and my wedding was 5 months ago. Not only was the food fabulous but the staff was amazing to work with. I was planning my wedding from a different state and Kate, their manager, was always prompt with responses via email and incredibly flexible with the schedule. I must have changed the menu and time table on her a half dozen times and she was consistently kind and understanding. I also relied on her with the flow of cocktail hour and the set up as they were experienced with working at my venue and she was full of many ideas for me. Their staff on the day of my wedding were professional and courteous to my guests. It was such a pleasure to work with them and they truly made my wedding day amazing. The cocktail and dinner hour were seamless. I couldn't find a better caterer for your event!

Sent on 01/06/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/24/2016

Chef Anna and her team are incredible! My maid of honor and I still talk about our tasting with Crescent Moon as one of our favorite days in the planning process--and they did my rehearsal dinner! Every bite of food was absolutely delicious, and I really appreciate that they took the time to cater our menu to our exact taste and budget, while also considering our vegan/kosher/gluten-free/paleo guests. On the night of the event, the catering team ensured the buffet was constantly stocked and the line and service moved along seamlessly. My best friend is using Crescent Moon for her wedding, and I will continue to recommend them many times over!

Sent on 09/13/2016

David · Married on 07/23/2016

Regarding service and organization:

We had a lovely event. The Crescent Moon crew was spectacular and treated everything with pinnace and grace. Our location owners mentioned that the team was outstanding from start to finish, very profession and accommodating. My parents, family and friends had an amazing time. Thanks for helping to make the event such a success. Fell free to use us as a reference at any time.

Regarding food taste, quality and amount:

Chef Anna Gordon prepared a wonderful Spanish style dinner of paella for our event, which was freshly prepared on site during hors dʼoeuvres. Her staff announced precisely when the paella was ready and "dinner" was served in a buffet style. Everything was piping hot, expertly seasoned and the seafood was cooked to perfection. Our menu is below.

Food Service Reception: 5PM-7:30PM
    Hors DʼOeuvres(5PM)
    Hot Artichoke and Cheese Dip with Crostini
    Chorizo Empanadas in Puff Pastry
    Spanish/Med Antipasto Platter to include: Olive Assortment, Sliced Jamon, Dolmas, Manchego Cheese, Roasted Garlic Heads and Herbed Chickpeas
    Dinner Service: (6PM-7PM)
    Mixed Summer Green Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
    Paella Station: Two types of Paella cooked on site and served by Chef. 1. Vegetarian Paella: Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
    2. Seafood Paella: A combination of the PNWʼs Fresh Sustainable Seafood Bounty Blanched Chilled Green Beans Valenciana
    Fresh Focaccia Bread Slices
    Beverage Service (5PM-7:30PM)
    Fresh Brewed Iced Tea with Condiments, Cucumber Water

Sent on 08/15/2016

Tracy · Married on 10/17/2015

Anna and her team from Crescent Moon Catering came highly recommended. The theme for our wedding was the Renaissance time period and Anna and her team delivered! All the food was enticing to the eye and and exquisite on the palate. Kate and Olivia were our two serving wenches that dressed for the time period and they were amazing! I am definitely having Crescent Moon Catering cater our first year anniversary party. You will definitely be happy you chose Anna and her team of professionals for your event! You have many choices when choosing a caterer, but only one can deliver that special something, Crescent Moon Catering is the one!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I are so happy we hired Crescent Moon Catering to cater our wedding reception. We were able to customize a menu that worked for both the vegetarians and meat eaters among our guests. Everyone agreed the food was awesome. For me, working with the wonderful people at Crescent Moon was just as important as having good food at the reception. Kate, Anna, Jamie and the rest of the crew were so how incredibly professional, friendly, flexible and easy to work with. It was a pleasure to have them be a part of our special day!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2015

Crescent Moon Catering was easy to work with throughout the whole process. All staff was very friendly and professional from the tasting, through emailing contracts, to the event itself. The food was amazing, and the staff was amazing!

Sent on 09/23/2015

I chose Crescent Moon Catering on a recommendation of our wedding venue. We selected them based on their menu and prices but honestly, I did not expect the food to taste SO GOOD!!! They worked with me to offer the perfect menu (hooray samosas!) and were easy to communicate with via email before our event. All the staff was professional and attentive to the needs of our guests. I was so very pleased to have leftovers to take home because, did I mention that the food was outstanding?! All the flavors blended perfectly together and all my guests raved about one dish or another. I would highly recommend this business to anyone!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Hank · event on: 08/13/2015

Very happy with the service. Great food and great staff. Can recommend them for any event since they did such a splendid job.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Crescent Moon Catering was an amazing addition to our wedding day. Very organized, polite, professional and helpful. From the tasting months in advance where the food was amazing and our opinions and needs were heard, down to the wedding day where they made everything stress free.

The food was really very outstanding! The pulled pork sliders were a huge hit and very very good. Our large selection of different menu items for out buffet style made for options for everyone. The arrangement of food was beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.

My new husband and I will definitely remember the food at our wedding! Not that many couples can say this. I strongly recommend using Crescent Moon for any wedding or event anyone has in the future.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Marrie · Married on 07/26/2015

Crescent moon was AMAZING! Most delicious food at any event ever! We received so many compliments from our guests and so enjoyed all of the dishes. The presentation was classy and beautiful, food very fresh, flavorful and elegant. Thank you for adding your special touch to our favorite day!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Kimberly · Married on 07/26/2015

Anna and her team were an absolute dream to work with! From walking through the tasting, to tinkering our menu to making timeline adjustments to the day at the last minute, Crescent Moon Catering was supportive and helpful. Most importantly, the food for our wedding was absolutely DELICIOUS! It was important to us both to have high-quality, in-season food and Anna and her team delivered. With a grill master on site, three amazing servers and a fantastic bartender, the service was also top notch. Crescent Moon Catering were key to our wedding being such a success!

Sent on 08/09/2015

I had to make all the plans over Internet for a wedding rehearsal dinner sight unseen as we live 3000 miles from the site of the event and Cresent Moon Catering was very easy to work with ,from picking a menu to set-up at the site. Everything went off without a hitch and everyone enjoyed the meal. The servers were very friendly and professional. The set up was lovely and the food was great. I can't thank them enough for all their help.

Sent on 07/29/2015