Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Kelsie
    Kelsie M. Married on 10/30/2021

The most amazing service and product!

The moment I spoke with Mark on the phone, I knew I wanted to work with him. He is the sweetest person with the most positive attitude! I changed my quote so many times and he was so easy going about it the entire process. Our florals turned out BEAUTIFUL. One of my absolute favorites parts of the wedding were how amazing everything turned out. Mark was so easy to work with and so unbelievably humble. I don't live in the area but if I did I'd probably start a monthly subscription of getting florals from Mark! Definitely recommend him for any floral needs!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Kelsie!! Thank you so much for this AMAZING review!! You were such a wonderful client to work with and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity! You've been so great about tagging us on your social feeds, too! Please take care and my best wishes for a wonderful married life!! Mark
  • Megan
    Megan A. Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful Flowers, Amazing Customer Serivce

We absolutely loved working with Mark. From our first video call we knew right away we wanted him to do our florals. He was personable and upbeat with every interaction. It felt like he was excited for our wedding too! I do not know a lot about flower names, etc. but he was able to interpret my vision and our flowers were stunning. Mark was easy to work with and is well respected among other wedding professionals. When we told our other vendors we were using Creative Occasions for our florals they were excited and had nothing but good things to say. I would highly recommend Mark to any bride looking for beautiful florals with no hassle!
    Kirsten S. Married on 10/09/2021

Excellent Service

Mark at Creative Occasions was great to work with! He worked with us to create bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres that captured our Fall theme and included our favorite flowers. We had a few changes along the way and Mark was able to accomodate those changes seemlessly. The flowers held up beautifully throughout the entire day. I would definitely reccomend Creative Occasions to any couples who are planning on having flowers at their wedding!
  • Hayley
    Hayley W. Married on 10/02/2021

Fairytale Flowers!

Mark and his team created the most beautiful flower arrangements for our enchanted fairytale wedding back in October! After an in depth zoom meeting about our favorite styles and ideas from our Pinterest board, he tied it all together and brought our dreams to life! During the planning process, he was great with communication and answered all questions right away. His work was a huge part of our dream wedding and we are so thankful that we chose him as our florist!!
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly K. Married on 10/01/2021

Best experience with Creative Occasions - HIGHLY recommend!

I can't thank Mark Frye and his team at Creative Occasions enough for making my wedding flower dreams come to life!! His bubbly personality, attention to detail, and the overall experience of working with him was so enjoyable throughout our entire wedding planning process. As you know, wedding planning can be super stressful, but Mark made the process fun and it felt so seamless from start to finish! I cannot thank the Creative Occasions team enough! I HIGHLY recommend using them if you're in the area!!
    Liang L. Married on 08/07/2021

Best choice ever!

So thankful for Mark Frye! He was always prompt, warm, and creative! He seemed to have read our mind and then some! The color, the arrangement, the placement, etc. etc., absolutely perfect! The work was stunning and beyond what we had expected! And not to mention, the roses were huge and O how lovely the fragrance!!! Mark's work celebrated our wedding, and made our ceremony and reception/one-year anniversary lovely and beautiful!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Liang! Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I am so grateful to have been able to work with you not only for your wedding last year, but for the one-year anniversary celebration as well! Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best! It was truly an honor to be able to work with you! Please keep in touch! Mark
    Pearl H. Married on 07/24/2021

I LOVED my flowers

Mark went above and beyond creating the floral masterpieces for my big day. I had the most perfect flower crown, a stunning swag piece on the arbor, and the most beautiful bouquet. My girls flowers were also very lovely. Would recommend Creative Occasions to anyone looking for special even florals.
    Tabitha L. Married on 04/10/2021

Hire creative occasions now!

I was a COVID bride. My original date was 5/30/20 and I had to make a last minute decision is March to postpone. Mark at Creative Occasions was nothing short of amazing and was so helpful through everything. I didn’t even have a vision when I met with him but he built the most beautiful floral pieces for me with all my scattered ideas. He was even able to accommodate last minute things that I decided to add with the new date. The weather was terrible for my outdoor wedding so it had to be moved indoors and he brought an arbor to hang all my altar florals on and it was BEAUTIFUL. He also made my Sheppard hooks work inside as well! He is a wonderful person and such a sweet soul. I can not imagine choosing any one else to help me fulfill my dream wedding.
    Doris A. Married on 11/07/2020

Mark Frye Amazing!!!

Mark Frye of Creative Occasions was so amazing. He and his staff were so creative and fun to work with-our son’s wedding was breathtaking and perfect. Thank you for your expertise and kindness during the planning of the wedding.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Doris! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and my team! It was truly a joy to work with you in planning a beautiful event!! I'm so glad you all were pleased with our work! Let's plan another party soon!! Mark
  • Callie
    Callie Married on 06/26/2020

Beautiful!!

Mark did such an amazing jobs with the flowers for our wedding! He was a pleasure to work with during the planning process and was always very responsive. He really listens to what you want! We have had several guest tell us how beautiful the flowers were! The flowers were everything I could have dreamed of and more!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hey Callie! First of all, congratulations!! And, thank you so very much for taking the time to share this wonderful review! It was completely my honor to be part of your day and I'm so glad you were pleased with our work! Best wishes to you and Shane and please keep in touch! Warm regards, Mark
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee S. Married on 06/06/2020

Best florist ever!

If you are looking for an amazing florist, you should go with Mark! He is such a sweet person and does awesome work! Mark was always helpful and worked with us when we had to change our wedding date and location due to COVID. Thank you so much for everything Mark!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie W. Married on 03/10/2020

Highly recommend!

I can’t say enough good things about working with Mark.

So that this review is helpful for others, I’ll frame our wedding. First off, it was in October of 2020, so it goes without saying that my husband and I were working with a LOT of uncertainty. My husband and I are Hokies located in Chicago, IL, so we were planning the whole wedding remotely and did not get to see anything until the day of. Mark went out of his way to understand our wedding vision, communicate with me, answer all my questions, and even hopped on Zoom appointments to walk through the details of each part of the wedding.

Many vendors we worked with shared their anxieties with us and drew attention away from the actual joy of the wedding to “how could you possibly be doing this right now?” Instead, Mark only shared enthusiasm and was empathetic to all the uncertainty. My matron of honor had to cancel 10 days before the wedding (covid complications), and we were changing the seating arrangements for the reception 48 hours before the wedding. Mark was able to take my matron of honor’s bouquet and turn it into additional boutonnieres and a table arrangement with very little notice. I was impressed with and so thankful for his flexibility when it felt like everything was spinning around me.

Additionally, Mark was able to take a Brooch that has been passed down to the women in my family for generations and incorporate it into my floral arrangement.

Luckily, my husband and I were blessed with a flexible budget for our wedding. When I first talked to Mark, I knew that we wanted to go with him. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and was willing to work with my requests. Therefore, I didn’t spend a lot of time comparing to other florists. So, I’m not sure how his pricing compared to others in the area. However, I believe he and his floral arrangements were worth every penny. If you are working with a budget, he is knowledgeable enough to recommend particular flowers that are in season or easier to come by to save some money. If your ceremony and reception are in different locations, he is also able to figure out the logistics to repurpose flowers from the ceremony at the reception location to save some money and resources there, too.

After the reception, he told us that he could leave behind arrangements for family members and guests. Something I did not do as effectively as I would have liked was communicated with family members that they could take these arrangements home. (Make sure you remember to do this! 😊) Some folks took them home, but others were repurposed at the reception location (Mountain Lake Lodge).

I highly recommend Mark as a wedding florist!!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Stephanie!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with me and my shop! This review is AWESOME and honestly, I am so honored that we could be part of your amazing celebration! I so appreciate all the kind words and hope you and Adam are doing well! Please keep in touch! Warmly, Mark
  • Candice
    Candice M. Married on 10/26/2019

Incredible, Amazing, Perfect!

Mark Frye/Creative Occasions is just amazing. There are no words to express how incredible our experience was working with him and his talented team while planning our wedding. His talent is unbelievable - I provided a couple of pictures of what I was imagining and he not only made it a reality, but made it even better by making it ours. We were planning from across the country and he made every step of the process easy and fun. His attention to detail and his kind, caring personality helped to keep us calm, joyful, and in the moment! He worked closely with our other hired vendors to make our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception venues flawless, beautiful, magical! Undoubtedly the best in the business!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Candi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for sharing your experience with me and my team! It was a complete honor to be part of this very special day for you, Ted and your families! I so appreciate your trust and the opportunity you gave me in leading the design of the wedding. I'm so glad you were pleased with the results; I just wish we could find a way to do it all again!! Thank you so very much! Best wishes to you and Ted!
  • Alexis
    Alexis J. Married on 08/10/2019

Summer Wedding

Creative Occasions made our day amazing. Mark is so easy to work with and makes sure to work with your budget. We gave him our color scheme and told him to work his magic. We couldn't have dreamed of better looking flowers. The colors were so bright and the flowers were big and full. Leading up to the wedding he was very easy to communicate with and always responded in a timely manner. Not only is he professional but he is kind and talks to you as if you are a friend. We would recommend Mark and Creative Occasions to any and everyone who needs a florist, for any occasion!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Lexi! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this amazing review and for sharing your experience with me and Creative Occasions! I am so glad you were pleased with our work; I thought the colors were to die for!! I was so honored to be part of your vendor team and hope you'll keep in touch! Thanks again! Mark
  • Cindy
    Cindy P. Married on 08/03/2019

Mark is the best

Mark and team were a delight to work with. They were able to take my extravagant vision and turn it into something just as beautiful, but within my budget. The flowers were fresh and arrangements were just amazing and everything was delivered on time to reduce my stress levels. I thought the prices seemed high, but once I saw how big the bouquets/centerpieces were, I was so glad I chose to go with Mark's ideas. Mark also put up with my constant changes, additions, emails and requests and really made my wedding memorable and beautiful.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Thank you, Cindy! I so appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with me and Creative Occasions! I was completely honored to be part of your amazing celebration!! And, handling changes and requests is just part of what we do!! Thank you again! Please keep in touch! Mark
  • Pam
    Pam Married on 07/26/2019

Refreshing and Reassuring

Mark Frye at Creative Occassions was exceptional. He listened carefully & offered helpful suggestions. Right from the start I knew I was in good hands, an experienced and thoughtful professional. Ours was a small famiy gathering, everyone appreciated the elegant and simplicity of gorgeous flowers.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Pam, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with me and Creative Occasions! It was my honor to be part of your day and I'm so glad you were pleased with the results! I look forward to many future opportunities when we can work together! Thanks so much! Mark
    Lexu Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommend!!

My husband and I got married on June 8, 2019 at The Maridor. Mark was AMAZING! We are so so happy we went with him! Mark answered all questions in a very timely fashion. He even set up a meeting with us when we were in town. We had phone call meetings because I live out of state. Mark offered different options and truly listened to what I wanted on my wedding day. He really pays attention to detail and just does a fabulous job with everything he does! He provided floral arrangements for a staircase, flowers for the cake, flowers for my bridesmaids & I, an aisle full of rose petals (amazingggg), flowers and greenery for decorations, votives, linens, and vases. Everything was perfect! We HIGHLY recommend Mark and his staff for your special day! He's a must have!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing - 10/10 hands down.

Mark and team are AMAZING. I cannot say enough good things about them. They took my vision and truly brought it to life -- from the floral arrangements to the drapery -- it was all perfect. I had a million questions and changed things a million times and it was never an issue. I cannot recommend them enough!
    Elizabeth R. Married on 11/02/2018

Everything I wanted and more

Mark was great to work with! The flowers were beautiful and everything that I dreamed they would be. He took the few ideas that I gave him and ran with it and created picture perfect bouquets, centerpieces, everything! I could not have asked for anything better for our wedding day. I am so thankful for the work that he and his team did for us.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Thank you so much, Liz, for taking the time to write this amazing review and for sharing your experience with me and the Creative Occasions team! It was my pleasure to be part of your day and I'm so glad you were pleased with our work! Best wishes and thank you again! Mark
    Michelle Married on 10/06/2018
    I cannot say enough about Mark and Creative Occasions. The work was beyond my expectations. The arrangements and bouquets were exquisite. Every guest at the wedding commented on how beautiful they were. We had a vision in mind and explained what we wanted and Mark and his staff executed and delivered and we were not disappointed. I would definitely recommend him to others. The only regret I have is that his shop is not close to my hometown. If so, he would definitely be the only one I would do business with in the future. I was that impressed.
    Kitty Married on 09/01/2018
    Mark and his team were a dream to work with. I was an out of town bride, and Mark was able to make time to meet with my fiance and me when we walked into his shop, about five months before the wedding. He listened to our vision, provided suggestions on how to keep costs down, and was responsive to every email and phone call I left. Mark is such a wonderful person, every time we spoke he was excited and happy and genuinely engaged.

We decorated our wedding with floral arrangements on the wedding arbor, flowers down the aisle, and used collections of beer/wine/whiskey bottles as vases for our centerpieces. We used mostly white roses and greenery, which complimented the scenery of the blue ridge mountains outside of the venue. The bouquets were gorgeous, and Mark was able to tuck in some rosemary and hops into my bridal bouquet and my now husband's boutonniere at our request :) Mark was easy to work with, flexible, and turned our crazy ideas into a reality. Thank you Creative Occasions!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Kitty, you are just the BEST! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this AMAZING review and for sharing your experiences with me and my team! You and CJ were dream clients and I'm so happy we could be part of your special day! Please stay in touch and drop by when you're in town! Big thanks to you both!! Mark
    Sarah Married on 06/23/2018
    Mark did my flowers for my wedding this past June, and we seriously couldn’t have asked for a better florist! He was recommended to us by our venue, and he was just as amazing as they said. He is incredibly personable, accommodating, and reassuring. I don’t know much about flowers, so I just gave him a vague idea of what I liked and let him run with it, and I couldn’t have been more pleased! Every single detail was perfect, and it was so nice to know that he had every detail handled. As I’ve told a few other couples – yes, he’s a bit more expensive than some other options, but he is SO worth it! You are paying for his incredible expertise and his years of experience. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone and everyone! In fact, my family members have already ordered various other arrangements from him!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review and for sharing your experiences with me and Creative Occasions! You were the dream client and I was totally honored to be part of your vendor team for the Best Day Ever! As you've already seen, we will be happy to assist you or your family and friends anytime you need something! Thanks again and please keep in touch! Warm regards, Mark
    Becky Married on 06/16/2018
    Our family had an amazing experience working with Mark Frye at Creative Occasions. He was able to take my daughter's vision for her wedding and make it a reality. He was very accommodating to our crazy schedule and made adjustments to his proposals to meet our needs. I am so happy we chose Mark. His creativity and his attention to every detail are impressive. He is easy to work with and provides excellent service.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Becky! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for sharing your experience with Creative Occasions! I am so honored to have been part of Lauren and Andrew's wedding and am so happy you all were pleased with our work! Please keep in touch and thanks again! Mark
    Kathy Married on 05/19/2018
    Working with Mark Frye at Creative Occasions was an absolutely wonderful experience! His insights, professionalism, and advice were priceless and pivotal to the success our daughter’s wedding and reception. His ability to work seamlessly with all the other vendors was remarkable. The team at Creative Occasions exceeded our expectations. The beauty of the flower arrangements were beyond compare. The bouquets, centerpieces, linens, floral arrangements truly transformed the reception venue into magical, romantic, whimsical evening! We would not have changed a thing. I would recommend Mark and his team for any occasion. Mark is a true artist!

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share your experience with me and the Creative Occasions team! We were honored to be part of Caroline and Chris' wedding and I personally feel that you guys were just such awesome clients!! Thank you for your trust and for your business!! Please keep in touch! With sincere thanks, Mark
    Chloe Married on 04/28/2018
    Mark at Creative Occasions brought beauty to my wedding day through all the florals. My bridal bouquet was the most beautiful bouquet and totally matched my inspiration! My bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, and family flowers were all stunning. I can't forget about all the center pieces at the reception and the bouquet at the church! All just stunning. My favorite piece (besides my bouquet) was the tall orchid centerpieces! They really were a work of art. I highly recommend working with Mark at Creative Occasions for your wedding! He will make your vision come to life through his work.

Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I so appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review and for sharing your experience with me and Creative Occasions! It was an honor and privilege to be part of your wedding day and you were a complete joy to work with - you made my job so much easier!! Best wishes and please stay in touch! Mark And thanks for sharing these amazing images!!