Creative Interpretations Photography Reviews

242 | Harrisburg, PA

242 Reviews for Creative Interpretations Photography

Haley · Getting married on 05/20/2022

CIP were so kind and funny throughout my entire wedding day and did such an awesome job! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2017
  • David

David R. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

So happy we chose these photographers

We would highly recommend Creative Interpretations Photography. Photographers Michelle Smith and Paul Joseph Lorio did a fantastic job at our wedding. They made taking our wedding photos so much fun! We had a blast! They came up with so many cool fun photo ideas.They did a fantastic job capturing our day. It was such an amazing day for us and we are so happy we chose these photographers. We were so happy with pictures. It looks like a Vogue magazine photo shoot or something. WOW! Also, So many fun photos and memories to laugh about. A Wonderful job guy! Thank you!

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Sharon

Sharon · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Amazing Photography Service!!

Creative Interpretations Photography was the perfect choice for our wedding! They were affordable with a package that includes 2 photographers for the entire day of your event. We worked with Thomas Wessel & MaDawn Hostetter and they were amazing! We were very impressed with our photos and they not only captured all of the important moments, but also many candid shots throughout the night. In addition, they captured unique shots and different angles that added variety to our gallery. They were very easy to work with, convenient to contact, and flexible. We received our photos in a very timely manner and are beyond delighted that we chose them as our photographer. You will not be disappointed if you book them for your wedding or other important event!

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Bonnie

Bonnie M. · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Winter Wonderland Photos

We definitely made the right choice going with Creative Interpretations! My husband and I were nervous in picking vendors from afar - we got married in PA and live in NJ, but Creative Interpretations was so highly reviewed, had profiles for their different photographers online, and offered a great value for their services, so we were sold.

Paul and Madawn were our wedding photographers. They were the best! The morning of the wedding, it began to snow, and it didn't stop until the night was over. Nonetheless, the two of them made it so much fun and the pictures came out BEAUTIFUL! The entire wedding party (22 of us, which didn't phase the team) was freezing cold each time we went outside, but you'd never know it from all of the gorgeous shots the team was able to capture.

Paul and Madawn are also very skilled at keeping things on track, and knowing the order of events and making the transitions really seamless. I was honestly surprised at how quickly we got through family shots after the ceremony! Paul was really flexible and ended up staying through the end of the reception so that we could get some sparkler exit shots.

Communication from Creative Interpretations is great, from Day 1 of booking all the way through post-wedding follow-ups. Downloading images has been super easy, as well. Sad it's all over - very happy with them!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Nicole G. · Married on 11/01/2020

A+ from start to finish

I started looking for photographers really early on, before a date was picked or venue confirmed. I was immediately impressed with Creative Interpretations because, despite weeks passing since our last communication, Paul reached out to let me know that wedding shows were happening and photographers (not just CIP) would start booking quickly. I really appreciated this courtesy and knew CIP was it! This remained the standard during the whole process. Paul was always quick to reply and provide assistance when needed prior to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, our photographers were Paul and Thomas and we could not have been more pleased with our decision. They were fun, engaging, so easy to work with, and produced tons of amazing photos that I look at just about every day. They were a well-oiled machine and were insanely efficient, which made for a very stress-free experience. To top it off, we received over 1,100 photos back within a month of the wedding which was just absolutely amazing. I wish I could have more opportunities to work with them, and CIP will DEFINITELY be my go-to when recommending a wedding photographer to friends and family in the future!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth S. · Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing!!!

We are so thankful for creative interpretations! Due to Covid-19 we had to make some big changes to our wedding event about three months before the event. Both photographers and the company owner Paul were so helpful with all the changes we had to make. On our wedding day, both photographer, Amanda and Thomas, were amazing at wrangling the bridal party and guests and ensuring we got every shot we asked for. They were amazing and while the rest of the day wasn't what we had originally hoped for, we know our photographs will be amazing and an incredible way to remember our special day. I would definitely recommend Creative Interpretations and we will definitely be working with them in the future when Covid-19 is under control and we can throw the wedding we originally intended!

Sent on 11/04/2020
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 10/09/2020

Thank you so much! You made our day!

For our October wedding, we chose Tom and Julie as our photographers! They were the most amazing team! I had a few ideas of some of the shots I wanted, but honestly, I didn't know what would work and what wouldn't. Julie and Tom took us out on the property for 3 hours and shot the most amazing photos! They had the best ideas were such a joy to work with! Rob and I felt like we had known them for years even though we had just met them that afternoon. They were so professional and creative, and I'm so glad they were there to capture our memories! I can't recommend both Julie and Tom from Creative Interpretations Photography enough! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/20/2020

Sylvia D. · Married on 09/13/2020

Professional

My husband I were very pleased with Creative Interpretations on our wedding day! Paul, Tom, and Joshua were very professional and they were on time and they were very patient with us while taking pictures! I’m very very satisfied and I will continue to use them in the upcoming future for photography and Videography!! Thank you for making our special day very special! Love Sylvia & Omar!😊

Sent on 09/17/2020

Meghan · Married on 09/05/2020

Wonderful!

Paul and Michelle were our amazing photographers for the day and we couldn’t have been more pleased with our experience with creative interpretations the whole time. We had scheduled our wedding in 2018 for 2020 and of course Covid hit. Paul and Michelle were easy to get ahold of whenever I needed and were flexible when our venue changed two weeks before the wedding. The day of the wedding they were both so fun to work with and helped keep the day on track. I am so pleased with all of our pictures, they truly highlight all of my favorite moments of the day. I would 100% recommend them to anyone who is looking.

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 07/31/2020

Creative interpretations did an amazing job and was super accommodating with all my wedding rescheduling!

Paul at creative interpretations was so nice and helpful! I had to change my date a few times and he was so helpful every time! Michelle and MaDawn were my photographers and both of them are very sweet and did an amazing job! They really made sure they got every detail and I cannot wait to see all the photos!! Highly recommend creative interpretations!

Sent on 08/05/2020

Casey · Married on 07/18/2020

Look at me, look at each other!

CIP has a great team of photographers, and we got to work with 3 of them! Paul joined us in West Chester for our engagement pictures, which turned out great! On our wedding day, we had Michelle and Phoebe! Talk about a dynamic duo! The two were snapping pictures since the moment they arrived to the moment they left. They asked us questions to learn about us and ran with the information to personalize our photos! Our guests commented how great the two were, especially when organizing our 30+ family members for pictures. Thank you Michelle, Phoebe, and Paul!

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney H. · Married on 06/12/2020

Dream Team

We definitely made the right choice by choosing Creative Interpretations. My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Paul and MaDawn and they were absolutely fantastic!! They were with us from early in the morning to the very end of the reception. We had a large and rowdy bridal party and they did a great job handling them to capture amazing photos :) They both made sure everything ran smoothly and efficiently while having fun with us at the same time. Paul was great with communication from the initial time I booked with him. I would absolutely recommend Creative Interpretations and we will definitely be working with them in the future to capture other special moments in our lives.

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Crystal

Crystal G. · Married on 05/09/2020

September Wedding

We loved everything about our experience with CIP! We fell victim to covid and had to reschedule .. with just a few emails back and forth we were set! Nicole and McDawn did a fantastic job with both me and my husband, as well as my bridal party and family.. they were fun and full of ideas to capture our day! I loved getting all my photos and experiencing my perfect day all over again.. They even had my husband "photo-bomb" me in some of my bridal shots, which was a special surprise.

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Donna

Donna H. · Married on 04/11/2020

Absolutely Wonderful!

My partner and I went into our wedding planning originally not planning to hire professional photographers -- we had a pretty strict budget with very little wiggle room, but while perusing vendors, I saw the incredibly reasonable pricing offered by Creative Interpretations and decided to take the chance. We absolutely did not regret our choice to spring for contracting CIP for our wedding photography! We worked directly with Paul and Madawn for our photos the day of, and they communicated with us very concisely the week and days beforehand. They arrived earlier than we expected and stayed later than they really needed to, honestly, and they really blew us away with how friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and patient they were through the entire day! My spouse and I are fairly non-traditional people, so we likely had some odd requests or preferences to avoid the usual cheesy wedding poses, and they rolled with what we wanted without question or judgment. This is also our first rodeo with getting married, so there were a number of small things we hadn't anticipated or thought about, but they guided is through everything expertly! It was almost like they knew exactly what we wanted before we even needed to express it to them. Not to mention, once all was said and done, we received our pictures within days of the event and they looked utterly stunning!! I am so truly ecstatic to have worked with Creative Interpretations Photography and 100% satisfied with my experience, I would strongly, enthusiastically recommend them to anyone and everyone seeking extremely professional, talented photographers for their special occasions! Hire these folks, y'all!

Sent on 11/23/2019

Jasmin R. · Married on 12/27/2019

Excellent experience

Worked with Paul and Tom, quick and efficient and very professional. We even got to enjoy some of cocktail hour. They worked for us and with us.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Kayla

Kayla E. · Married on 12/10/2019

All positive things

Where should I begin with CIP? I met Paul at a wedding show in the Winter of 2019 after I had just learned that the photographer I had originally booked and paid broke his contract. Imagine the panic being less than 8 months from your wedding and have to find this out. I was scared at having to book another photographer but Paul really made the process easy for me and I knew instantly that I was in good hands once I booked them. Paul never once hesitated in getting back to me and payments were always so easy to make. Communication is excellent and policies are so professional. For our wedding, we chose Nichole Russell and Jonathan Lorio as our photographers. I spoke with Jonathon a couple of weeks before the wedding and my mind was so at ease going into the wedding day. He answered all of my questions and even gave me some last minute tasks and recommendations so that the flow of the wedding day would work out much better and it really did make it all seem effortless. I gave them a list of all the photos I wanted and they followed it to a "T". The coverage throughout our wedding day has put me in awe. We just got our photos back and I just teared up with emotion because they captured our day so perfectly. We get to relive this very special moment of our lives with these beautiful photos and the best part is they captured all of the happiness and warmth of our wedding. We could not have asked for anything more. Our two photographers got nothing but compliments from our guests on their professionalism and their ability to shoot amazing photos. They both had such beautiful and loving personalities and they were fantastic to work with. If I could give them a 100 out of 5 stars I would. Thank you to Paul, Jonathan, and Nichole for saving the day and giving me such an immense amount of joy with your photography.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Matthew

Matthew B. · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing photography at a great price

After searching long and hard for a photographer. I fell in love with Michelle’s work. Thankfully she was available for our date. The price is so good that it makes you wonder if it’s all to good to be true. Well let me just say that without a doubt my experience with Michelle and Mellissa was everything we had hoped for and more. Michelle was amazing from our first phone call. Not only is she amazing with a camera her personality makes taking photos enjoyable. We are not picture people at all but I never felt like I was posing it was just natural with her help. We had some ideas for some non traditional shots that she went out of her way to make a reality. Melissa was the perfect second shooter and compliment to Michelle. So good I wouldn’t even know she was around at times but every time I looked up she was in some crazy position taking shots from all kinds of different angles. We can’t wait for Paul to put his finishing touches on our pictures that we know are going to be breathtaking.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Julia

Julia M. · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I had the pleasure of working with Aimee and Tom as my photographers and Jill as my videographer. All three were on time, which is EXTREMELY important to me. They were personal and patient. We had a lot of time after the ceremony to get a ton of pictures of my new husband and I. They were so creative and they put their own spin on the photos. I would recommend CIP to everyone. Paul was an absolute joy to work with and communication was a breeze!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/04/2019

Best Photographers!

We had Paul (the owner) and Kim the day of our wedding to do our photos. They were absolutely amazing! They knew we had a time window to get from the ceremony to the reception and they kept everything moving. They were very professional but they also know how to have a good time. I basically had them running all over the place between the hotel we got ready at, the ceremony location and the reception venue. It didnt phase them one bit. They kept everything moving right along and, well, the only word I can keep thinking of is AMAZING! Paul and Kim are awesome people to work with and know how to get the job done and get it done right. I absolutely would recommend Creative Interpretations Photography for your wedding day needs!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/12/2019

More fun than I imagined taking pictures could be

To say my new husband and I are awkward under stress would be an understatement. While we are generally socially-okay people, put us in the spotlight and we forget how to look like humans. How do people stand normally? What do we do with our hands?

So while we wanted nice wedding photos, having to figure out how to pose and where to look and be conscious of that happening all day was something we were a little nervous about. Turns out we didn't have anything to worry about at all.

When we first met Paul at our engagement shoot with him and Jackie, he mentioned that the biggest thing he looks for in his staff is personality, and it shows. We had Amanda as our primary photographer and Jonathan as secondary, and they were both amazing. Amanda would gently poke fun at us when we forgot how to tilt our heads to kiss for a picture, or when I kept looking at myself in the mirror instead of at my bridal party (sorry guys), and would just make sure we were always laughing and relaxed. Jonathan somehow wrangled our rowdy groomsmen into some pictures of their own and was a fun, calm presence in a crazy day. They both felt more like friends than people we'd hired, and by the end of the night when all the pictures were taken and things were wrapping up, Amanda even joined us jumping around on the dance floor to some Blink 182.

While we haven't seen the pictures just yet, I know they're going to be amazing. They made sure we got all of the pictures we wanted with different combinations of family members, got there early to scout out some great locations at the venue (even though they'd never been there before), and were able to direct us when we forgot how to act like people in front of the camera. Paul has already gotten in touch with us to let us know the pictures will be up at the beginning of January, so the turn-around time is amazing as well.

Working with Creative Interpretations was so great from start to finish and I can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 12/22/2019

Amanda L. · Married on 08/09/2019

Amazing Experience

Paul and Kylie are INCREDIBLE! They couldn’t do enough for us on our special day. They were professional and funny and took some amazing shots. They truly made our day magical.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor B. · Married on 07/27/2019

Can't recommend them enough!

We first met Parascevi “V” and Paul at a wedding show and instantly loved their energy, passion, and their work. It was also a huge bonus that they give you ALL of your photos. When we booked, we decided to go with V and MaDawn as our photographers.

We worked with V first for our engagement shoot at Caledonia State Park. Despite it being the hottest day of 2018, we had the best time! She made the session so much fun and even brought her husband Jeff to assist with our assortment of props. At one point, she even hopped in the lake with us to get the best angles possible. After the engagement shoot, we had our pictures back quickly and they turned out perfect.

After the engagement shoot, Paul was awesome at sending us updates on their business (they had a move during that time and they updated their website), sending us friendly reminders on payments, answering all of our questions, and working with our other vendors! One of the things that impressed me the most was how responsive they were – every time I reached out with a question, we had a response in under an hour!

Lastly, I cannot say enough how amazing they were for our big day!! V and MaDawn made an amazing team, were right on time (and kept us on schedule), brought so much energy to the day, were beyond accommodating, and they had so many creative photo shot idea. In addition to their professionalism, we had so many guests comment on how sweet they both were – and our bridal party had a great time with both of them! We can’t wait to get our pictures back and absolutely recommend both of them to anyone!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Alyssa · Married on 07/06/2019

Fantastic Experience with Creative Interpretations Photography!

My husband and I found CIP at a bridal expo where we met with Paul briefly who gave us a lot of great information about CIP's services. We were excited that we could choose a photographer from his staff that matched our personal style. We ended up choosing Amanda Stauffer and Josh Goodman as our photographers and could not have been more impressed with their professionalism and patience. They were wonderful to work with and we are completely impressed with the few sneak-peeks we received already and look forward to seeing our other images. Paul was also always willing to answer any questions promptly and kept in contact with us from before we even hired him up through our wedding day. We would definitely recommend CIP and hope to use them again in the future.

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • April

April · Married on 06/28/2019

Couldn't be happier with CIP!

We used Creative Interpretations for our June 28th wedding and had Shannon Ergott and Josh Goodman as our photographers. Since Shannon was our primary photographer, I had contact with her prior to the wedding where we discussed our timeline and shots that we were interested in getting. She was extremely helpful and was very clear that she was working for us and wanted to do whatever we wanted on our day.

Shannon and Josh both did an amazing job the day of our wedding! Both arrived early and got right to work when they got to the venue. Both Shannon and Josh were extremely fun and creative in their shots. They helped us keep our day natural and laid back, which is exactly what we were looking for. Shannon also did an excellent job making sure we stuck to our timeline and helping move guests when we needed it. We just received some of our pictures back and I am astonished at the pictures and I can’t stop looking at them! Shannon and Josh truly captured the beauty of our day!

I highly recommend Creative Interpretations to anyone looking for photography for their event! As I researched photographers, CIP had great reviews and their value was the best I have seen. My husband and I were paying for our wedding on our own so we were on a budget. No other company offers what CIP offers at incredible price points they have available. There are many options for all budgets and in no way are you sacrificing talent and amazing work! Paul was also very helpful and responded quickly to any questions that I had throughout the process. I can’t wait to get the rest of my pictures. I couldn’t be happier with my decision to use CIP!

Sent on 08/02/2019