76 Reviews for Creative Cuisines

House Wine (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
76 Creative Cuisines Reviews

Don't make any assumptions about your menu ahead of time. Chef Steve can accommodate any special requests and even offer ideas for menus that will add a unique spin to your meal. We're based in DC and had to communicate with Chef Steve long distance, but throughout the process of tastings and selecting decor, his insight, professionalism and culinary skill put us at ease. Our only wish is that we had another event in Williamsburg that would necessitate us consulting with him again.

Profile Picture Frank , 3/24/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Steve Munday and Creative Cuisines creates a customized, creative and diverse menu based on our tastes and preferences. It turned out great and we received so many compliments on our wedding food. The planning was a breeze and their attention to detail put my mind at ease during the stressful months of planning leading up to our reception. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Meredith, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

As a Wedding Planner, I value hard working reliable Companies! Chef Stephen and his staff will not disappoint! Be ready for Amazing food beautifully displayed, happy and friendly Staff, with a work ethic that is superb! Book early because this Company will surely stay busy!!!

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We hired Creative Cuisines to cater our June 3rd, 2017 wedding at the William and Mary Alumni House and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Not only did Chef Steve and his team create a delicious, personalized menu that guests rave about to this day (six months after the event), but Chef Steve handled so many of the logistics necessary for planning such a large event. He created a map of how the tables should be set up, coordinated the rentals for the event, and was willing to work with us to have local beers available for the event. Chef Steve and his team went above and beyond--you will not regret booking him for your day!

Profile Picture Amelia, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This vendor was great with which to work. We collaborated on the menu after suggestions were made. Our guest were amazed at the appetizers, dinner entrees, and dessert bar. We couldn't have been more pleased with the level of service received. I whole-heartedly recommend this caterer to everyone. Thank you for making our day so special.

Profile Picture David, 12/10/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our guests are still raving about how wonderful the food was at our wedding! We asked Chef Steve to do a 'Virginia' theme, and it all came together wonderfully. He was even able to seamlessly accommodate our Vegan best man and his fiance. Chef Steve was also very flexible and accommodating when it came to scheduling considering our wedding was during the holiday season. I highly recommend Chef Steve and his staff at Creative Cuisines!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wedding guests could not stop complimenting the delicious meal and elegant venue at creative cuisines. Steve Mandy went above and beyond to make our party very special. Excellent!

Profile Picture Li, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We looked for caterers in the Williamsburg area and met with a few that were approved for use at the Williamsburg Winery. When we met with Chef Steve we felt that he had a passion to help us plan the dinner for our wedding. The planning and the tasting led to some minor changes, but the day of the ceremony went well. The food was great and the guests loved it. I have no reservations with recommending Creative Cuisines as a caterer for any wedding or reception.

Profile Picture User7581296, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I first met Chef Steve when he catered a friend's wedding, and knew then that he would be the person for my next catered event - both the food and presentation were awesome! Chef Steve has perfected the planning process by first meeting with the clients to understand their needs and desires for the event, helping develop the menu, and finishing it off with a food tasting and wine pairing - which is quite an event unto itself. Of course there were several meetings and conversations, and Chef Steve was patient with the various questions and changes and continued to provide excellent options for both the appetizers and the dinner. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge, and is more than willing to find new dishes to meet special needs. From the quality of ingredients, to the preparation, to the presentation, Chef Steve's cuisine was the best! Chef Steve and his staff are professional and friendly, and focus on helping to make a truly memorable event. So many of our wedding guests still rave about the incredible food and the signature drink he suggested - an awesome bourbon slush! Before making any other decisions on a caterer, I would highly recommend meeting with Chef Steve - he's the best!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Local, Southwestern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

Chef Steve's food is always delectable and beautifully displayed. He and his staff are absolutely the very best. From his servers to his bartenders, they are knowledgeable and professional. I have called on Chef Steve many times including two weddings in my home. I always call on Creative Cusines, they go way above and beyond!

Profile Picture Judith, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake

We are so happy that we chose Creative Cuisines to cater our wedding. They did an absolutely amazing job. Chef Steve is incredible and the food was wonderful! We had several guests say it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. And some are still telling us how much they enjoyed it. We went with a buffet and the food remained hot and delicious throughout. The staff was very friendly and attentive as well!

We started our planning early so figuring out everything from the menu to renting the linens and place setting was a breeze.

I highly recommend Creative Cuisines and Chef Steve!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Southern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

When I was choosing a wedding date, the availability of Chef Steve was a deciding factor for the exact date. No other caterer can match his talents. Communication was imperative, and he promptly answered emails, and phone calls. We met several times to create the menu, design the table arrangement at the venue, and enjoy a sample tasting of the menu. The entire process went smoothly, and I would eagerly recommend him.

Profile Picture Rena, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Set Up, American, Caribbean

When we started working with Steve Munday of Creative Cuisines last winter, he seemed too good to be true. He responded to emails with thorough, thoughtful answers. He worked with our schedule (we live in Seattle and he's in VA), often talking with me in the evenings or on the weekends. When we traveled to Williamsburg in June for wedding planning purposes, he met us at our venue, walked us through the various rooms and explained options for how each could be used, and coordinated a visit to Williamsburg Events Rentals where he stayed with us as we looked at plates, linens, and flatware.

With respect to menu planning, Steve was collaborative and incorporated our ideas, like featuring Washington wines. He designed a tremendous menu that was within our budget, and when we looked to be off budget because we wanted a pricier beverage service, he provided options for how to cut costs.

As the wedding neared, Steve helped with the logistics, allowing us to drop off flowers and other items at his site the day before the wedding. (There was a wedding at the Alumni House the day before our wedding, so we couldn't store things there.)

The day of our wedding, Steve and his staff exceeded our expectations. All guests talked about the food, with most talking about selections that my husband and I had chosen months ago but didn't get to eat the day of. We knew the food would be exquisite, but the service was even better. Steve personally attended to a family member with limited mobility, bringing him food throughout the night. Patty helped us cut the cake, and other servers were so great that guests tipped them throughout the night.

Creative Cuisines was not the cheapest option we explored, but it is the best value. We more or less got catering, event rentals facilitated by Steve, and day-of-coordination services with Creative Cuisines. Truly, we could not have asked for a better caterer for our October 11, 2015 wedding!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Vegetarian, American, Southern, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

Steve and his team at Creative Cuisines were EXCELLENT. Prior to the wedding Steve customized a menu based around food that my wife and I told him we'd like to have at our ideal wedding. He created a very impressive menu incorporating what we requested and all the dishes were so delicious! Steve went above and beyond to not only coordinate the food, but also help to design the floor plan for the day of and coordinated the set up of the chairs etc. He has a very laid back attitude which helped keep us at ease while designing the menu and day of logistics.

We asked for there to be Chicago style hot dogs as the late night snack for our wedding and Steve did all the research to even find out the specific manufacturer of hot dogs that are used in Chicago so he could have an authentic late night snack! We were very impressed.

Often, food doesn't translate well when brought to large scale catering, but they did an outstanding job of blowing our expectations out of the water. EVERYONE was raving about the food. On top of that, their staff was so friendly, attentive and generally fun to have around at the wedding. Couldn't have asked for better caterer to make our wedding that much more specials. If you need a vendor for your wedding catering - you've just found them.

Profile Picture Chris, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Steve Munday was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. The menu was incredible and my family is still raving about it weeks later. I booked Creative Cuisines in the Fall for a Summer wedding. I'm not sure how quickly their schedule fills, but if you're thinking about using them, I wouldn't hesitate to get in touch and at least get penciled in. Steve gets really busy during wedding season, and for good reason!

About two months before the wedding, my (now) husband and I took about 90 minutes and talked through the chef stations and cocktail hour with Steve. He has great sample menus to draw ideas from and he's open to trying things like family recipes or other special dishes. He was also really mindful of our budget and transparent about pricing. I thought the pricing was more than fair for the quality of food, the variety, and the phenomenal service.

I planned this wedding from 1000 miles away. In fact, it had been decades since either my husband or I had attended a wedding, so we really felt clueless. Steve made planning so much easier. He's very responsive to emails and calls. Steve got the rental company to send me photos of the tablecloths so I could approve them from afar, and they ended up looking perfect. He made a seating layout for us and was really flexible when I wanted to change it. I also need to give a shoutout to Patty, who makes everything run smoothly and on time.

Creative Cuisines is a great company, and I can't thank them enough for just the amount of care and detail they put into the wedding.

Profile Picture Liz, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I had a wonderful experience working with Chef Steve Munday, owner of Creative Cuisines, when planning our son's rehearsal dinner in Williamsburg, VA. He came highly recommended by our wedding planner and in the reviews we read. We secured Chef Steve's services early in the planning process as we were aware that he would book quickly. Due to our schedule and the fact that we live in Northern Virginia we didn't actually meet Chef Steve in person until the evening of the rehearsal dinner. This said he did an amazing job walking us through all the steps necessary to plan the evening through phone conversations and email. In our early conversations he did a excellent job getting an idea of what we wanted for the evening and gave us suggestions as how to best get our desired outcome. Chef Steve helped us to plan a traditional rehearsal dinner for approximately 80 guests to include a full bar, passed Hors d'oeuvres, salad, plated dinner, a custom made dessert and boxed truffles for each guests. On June 5, 2015 we arrived at the William and Mary Alumni House venue and met Chef Steve and his great staff. As with all previous contacts he was gracious, professional, and left us at ease to simply enjoy the evening as nothing other than guests. Every aspect of the evening to include the food and service was perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better overall experience and we continue to receive compliments from the guests in attendance. We would definitely use Chef Steve again.

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Unparalleled food! Chef Steve prepared a wedding buffet for our 100 guests which was delicious, beautifully presented, and locally sourced. Not to be missed are the Buttermilk Biscuits with Edwards' Surry Ham, the Crispy Sweet Potato Pancakes topped with Chutney, the Stuffed Chicken Breast, the Carolina Shrimp & Grits, and the Corn Pudding! The food was prepared on-site so was the perfect temperature for the dish. His staff was attentive with one staff member dedicated to the Bride & Groom. Definitely go for the tasting he offers. You will see how knowledgeable he is about Virginia cuisine and how much he cares about the food he prepares.
- Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Steve at Creative Cuisine in Williamsburg did an outstanding job on our wedding! He took care of every detail. The display of hors devours was phenomenal. And the lamb chops were to die for! They were all the rave of the cocktail hour. A friend who attended our wedding, has since become a lamb lover after never having it before! Chef Steve is personable and talented. The dinner service for 120 plated dinners ran smoothly and the food was served hot. I highly recommend Chef Steve at Creative Cuisine as your caterer if you want to enjoy high quality food and service that your guests will talk about for a long time. Thanks Chef Steve!! Ann Marie & Allison

Profile Picture Allison, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Steve had catered both my brother and my sister's weddings, so when it came time to plan my wedding reception it was a no-brainer to book him. Chef Steve is so responsive, professional, and a pleasure to work with. The food was outstanding. If we had to do it all over again we would absolutely have Creative Cuisines cater for us.

Profile Picture Courtny, 11/8/14, 2 Reviews

A Letter Written to Chef Steve Munday – October, 2014

Dear Chef Steve,
My husband often makes fun of me because when I am excited or overjoyed I will use words in triplicate. Well, the New Orleans style menu you prepared for my son’s reception at the W&M Alumni House deserves more then one set of three.
The wedding guests ran the gamut in food preferences and experiences i.e. foodies and food novices, vegetarians, vegans, meat and potato lovers, those with food allergies and so on. My initial concern was how was the bride and groom’s vision of bringing a taste of New Orleans to Williamsburg going to accommodate the range of guest tastes. Well, Chef Steve, you did it!
There were food selections that each guest could find familiarity and comfort with and food to take a leap and be adventurous with. (Mamaw, for example, was among several guests who had never tasted catfish before and quite enjoyed it.) Everyone’s plate was filled – some more then once. What variety, how delicious, try this it is incredible are among the numerous praises you received, Chef Steve. Several comments were also given on how in some wedding menus vegetable dishes are often an after thought but not so at your table. It was voiced that they were made with care and the results were very tasty.
So, thank you, thank you, thank you Chef Steve for assisting in making our children’s reception a success.
Sincerely,
Phyllis and Kenneth
Williamsburg, VA

Profile Picture Phyllis, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Hosted an outdoor rehearsal dinner for our son and his fiancé. Initially we weren’t sure what we wanted but knew: a) we were dealing with vegetarians in addition to carnivores, and b) it needed to offer an alternative to the simultaneously planned wedding reception the next night. Calm, encouraging without the constant “up-sell’ pressure, Steve spent a LOT of time before the event talking things through and offering attainable make-it-better suggestions. Unlike some in our wedding adventure, this guy returns calls! Knowing we had polarized meat/non-meat eaters, he provided a cross selection of appetizers (incredible avocado salsa in there with lots of other choices) with the cocktail hour. He paced everything perfectly and transitioned to dinner stations with (on the right side) varied vegetarian dishes including a moussaka and rice/squash dish, fingerling potatoes and salad options and (on the left) a full up Southern Pulled Pork BBQ with delicious slaw, corn pudding, and medallioned chicken breasts stuffed with spinach/sundried tomato/ cheese that people pretty much fought over. We heard nothing but complements about the food: the variety, the way and temperature presented. I used the precious few remaining left-overs to bribe a few guys into helping me deconstruct the tents and tables later that weekend (a smart move). He KNEW how to size that crowd and have just the right amounts of everything. Most important to me, his support staff is OUTSTANDING. The crew showed up just at the time they said they would and set up the outside venue. Showtime: Patty was always where you needed her, discreetly checking with us to make sure things were just as we wanted them and moving along at our pace. Also a wonderful bar tender (thanks Janet!). Staff ensured our tables, linens, dishes, etc., were perfect. Best of all, we were able to forget about all the logistics and just enjoy the night. No surprises. No disappointments. Could not have gone better. Amazing.

Profile Picture Steve, 10/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I wanted to thank you for the terrific job that you and your team did to make my daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception a great success. We were absolutely delighted when we walked into the reception venue. Everything looked just the way that the bride and groom wanted - warm, inviting and classic. The food was superb - totally custom and unique to our event. We appreciate everything you did to create great memories.

Profile Picture User4465439, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Owner and Head Chef Steve Munday did an amazing job on my wedding. He worked really hard to make a wonderful and diverse menu at a reasonable price. My family is not the easiest to please, and both my mother and father were beyond pleased with the kindness and helpfulness that Creative Cuisines provided. The food was delicious and everything looked beautiful. They made the whole process (which is kind of scary) a lot easier on all of us. We really appreciate everything that they did to make my big day a success. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Steve did it again!! This is the second wedding that he did for my family and it was just as tasty and beautiful as the first wedding. Chef Steve and his staff are warm hearted good people with quality service. Chef Steve designed the menu to fit me and my husband. I had my wedding at a venue that needed a great deal of work and Chef Steve was with me and my family the night before the wedding helping to assure that things were in place for our big day. Me and my husband enjoyed his food after the wedding in the honeymoon suit as he had packed a container which had many of the food that we had not got a chance to eat during the reception. I highly recommend Creative Cuisines to any bride and groom. Our experience was amazing and our guest are still talking about many of the foods that he had cooked.
Jennifer Guthrie (bride)