Creative Catering of VA Reviews

122 Reviews for Creative Catering of VA

• Marian

Marian Bock · Married on 09/28/2019

So happy we chose Creative Catering of VA

Creative Catering of Virginia provided the catering for my daughter’s wedding, and we are so happy that we chose them! From the first meeting with Karen, our CCVA contact, we began the wonderful experience of exploring all the different packages and menu selections that they offered. Karen was super organized and professional, and was very helpful in understanding our vision to find the perfect selections that we wanted, including vegan meals for our guests. The tasting was so elegant and so much fun, we felt like we were in a 5-star restaurant! Along the way, my daughter and Karen were frequently in contact to finalize every little detail. Any special request that we had was answered with “yes, we can do that!” The time for the wedding arrived, and everything was perfect! Delicious appetizers were served and the bartenders attended to the guests with friendly and pleasant smiles. The dinner of beef tenderloin and teriyaki salmon was absolutely delicious! We highly recommend Creative Catering for their wonderful service and delightful menu!!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Molly Alpizar · Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible, definitely recommend!!!

Creative Catering staff were so incredibly professional and kind to all of my guests. It was an absolute pleasure working with them, and the food was amazing!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Karen · Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing presentation and taste!

The food was very good and the staff was very very accommodating to everyones needs. They really spoiled us!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Creative Catering of VA's reply:

Thank you so much and Congratulations again! We enjoyed being a part of your special day, and we appreciate your kind words.

All the best,
    The Entire Creative Catering TEAM
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2018

Helpful and Accomodating with Delicious Food!

If you are a newly engaged couple and feeling overwhelmed, please call Karen at Creative Catering of Virginia as she was really impressive and made sure that the planning for food and beverages at our wedding was as smooth as it could be!! We used Creative Catering of Virginia for our wedding catering and bartending in October. We had gone to several tastings and events in order to find the perfect option for us. Karen at Creative Catering was by far the most professional and helpful person we met along the way! Not only did she help us design the perfect menu for our budget, she also helped with other things too. For example, she was able to give us our napkins ahead of time with the sparkly ring holders that we bought for the event. During the wedding, the staff of creative catering were extremely helpful! They butlered apps at cocktail hour and they made sure to visit us, the bride and groom, when we were posing for family portraits. They helped in every way they could. They helped with design work, they helped with set up, they help with breakdown, they helped with the bar when the bar line was too long. They were just wonderful to work with and we were very impressed at the level of service! Our head table never had an empty glass and I saw them making the rounds with wine to the other tables as well! I was so happy that we went with Creative Catering! My uncle, who eats at a lot of catered dinners for his business, said that this was the best catered food he had ever tried.

We can’t give enough positive feedback to Karen! She was absolutely fabulous! You will sleep well tonight after contacting Karen and locking down Creative Catering's staff for your wedding needs!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Kimber · Married on 06/08/2018

We just got married June 8, 2018. What an awesome company with which to work. From our initial contact in November, 2017 to the conclusion of our wedding reception, CC of VA was wonderful! The food was delicious and so much so, our guests didn't even leave us anything to take home. LOL Karen Kidd was wonderful to work with and even reached out to me after the wedding to find out how everything went.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Karyn · Married on 05/20/2017

I highly recommend this catering company. The food was amazing we had many people compliment us. The best part was the bar tender, he WAS AMAZING. We had 135 guests and he was killing it! Many people also mentioned to me how great and attentive he was. This company is definitely top notch, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/04/2017
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 04/01/2017

First and foremost the food and service were excellent. We went through 3 different sales managers but ended up working with Jennifer and she was amazing. We booked with Alyssa who has since moved on but was so incredibly accommodating to my very specific requests. I work in catering sales so I was clear about what I wanted and what I didn't but I was also working within a budget which doesn't always allow for creativity. Lucky for me Alyssa and then Jennifer were excellent. The team handled the beer, wine, and champagne that we provided as well as maintaining all of the desserts we provided. On the day of we had Cindy leading the team and she was so kind and efficient. There was a teeny tiny minor bump with our pre-ceremony champagne (hey, it's a celebration!) but she quickly got it poured once I arrived and everyone had some. A great experience and a great value. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Hannah · Married on 12/31/2016

I've worked weddings for over 10 years and Creative Catering is always easy to work with and very professional.
    The staff is always very nice and very helpful as well!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

The food was great! We had a buffet with 2 entrees and 2 sides for 150 guests. I didn't hear any bad reports. When a guest needed gluten free, they were so accommodating. They even came over to help clean up a broken wine glass on the dance floor! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

We absolutely loved working with Creative Catering of VA for our wedding. Throughout the entire planning process, Alyssa and the staff worked with us to fit our schedule and our needs, especially while planning the wedding from afar!

Alyssa scheduled a private tasting for us and presented all of the food options beautifully. We then switched between wanting buffet and plated meals, our dessert types, adding lemonade stands, and plenty of other changes! Creative Catering was extremely flexible and met every one of our requests and needs promptly, always being sure to let us know transparently how updates may impact cost or feasibility with our venue. It was very helpful during the planning process!

The food was AMAZING. The appetizers were delicious (everybody was talking about the mini quiches!) and the food was excellent. The guests were raving about the meal, and nobody left hungry. Plus, Creative Catering also added some late-night snacks that everybody loved--those were a big hit with the younger crowd. Creative Catering did all of this well within our budget, and we couldn't be more grateful for the quality!! Everybody loved the food. To do it again, I wouldn't change a single thing.Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

The food and services Creative Catering of VA provided were amazing. The food choices were delicious and the options were fantastic. We went with Chicken Marsala and Bacon Wrapped Filet for our main choices. The company also provided us an option for Kosher meals since my parents and cousins keep Kosher. The also have a good deal for children and providing vendor food. Additionally, for an extra charge they provided colored linens (white or black option was included) and ice for the beer were provided. Overall, they were very stress free to work with and made our wedding meal memorable.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Creative Catering was very responsive and accommodating considering we were out-of-town. The food was so delicious and they were agreeable to making adjustments to the dish. They were very comprehensive in making sure all bases were covered and were able to make last minute changes to the venue layout, etc. The staff were very friendly and complimentary!! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Bob and Carol · Married on 10/26/2015

We were introduced to Creative Catering of Virginia at an event last year. We were very impressed with the quality of their food and the attentiveness of the catering staff and selected them to cater our daughter's wedding. We could not have been happier. Alyssa Stevens, our catering coordinator, did an outstanding job helping us select our menu and inviting us to a tasting prior to our making our final menu selections.
    We received countless compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, and just as important, they commented on the courteousness and attentiveness of the staff. Everyone from the senior caterer in charge of our event to the bus boys made us feel as though they were catering to their own family.
    We highly recommend Creative Catering of Virginia to anyone looking for catering services for their event.

Sent on 10/01/2015

I was very happy with Creative Catering. Pre wedding, we were in contact with Alyssa who was super responsive and helped us with any questions we had in regards to the menu, cocktail hour, bridal lunch and how everything would run the day of. My wedding was on location at a beach house in Sandbridge and Creative Catering had no problem still doing plated meals. Everyone the day of the wedding was professional, friendly and everything ran smoothly. The food was fantastic - we got salmon and chicken :) If you are looking for a caterer for your wedding I would definitely recommend Creative Catering!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Chloe · Married on 09/25/2015

Food was raved about at our wedding. I wish there were more options for tableware and tablecloths, but the food itself was delicious and they had great service.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

Delicious food and very helpful staff! Able and willing to accommodate special meal requests for guests with dietary restrictions. Competitive pricing for great quality food!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Debbie · Married on 08/15/2015

We chose the right caterer. The food was amazing and the service was just right. The staff was easy to work with from the time we tasted to the time we said good bye. My friend who has attended many weddings said the food was the best yet.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/30/2015

We chose Creative Catering for my daughter's wedding and were very pleased. They were wonderful to work with. They were flexible in working with us on menu choices and even made the groom something special that was not part of our buffet. The ring bearer had food allergies and they made sure he had an allergy- free dinner. We received several comments on the great food and the friendly, professional serving staff. We would not hesitate to work with them again.

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amazing 1st BDay

We are so thankful that we contacted Creative Catering and they were able to accommodate us on short notice. It allowed us to enjoy our daughters 1st birthday party without having to stop to cook or clean.

The staff was fantastic. From going above and beyond setting up and decorating to how respectful and pleasant to work with they were. We absolutely loved them and would request them again in the future. It was so nice of Monica to tell us about the coolers and ice we could use also. It really came in handy and worked out so much better than having several small coolers.

Everyone at the party raved about how delicious the food was. Everything was prepared perfectly and at the right temperature. We are very happy with what we picked (and we could eat 1,000 more of those mini crab cakes and bruschetta!).

Thank you so much for helping us create a perfect 1st birthday for our princess. We couldn’t have done it without you guys and we will keep you in mind for future events.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Rebecca · Married on 01/24/2015

The biggest compliments we got on our wedding were hands down about the food! Seriously, every guest loved it!! Most said it was the best wedding food they had every had! We had some people that were vegetarians and some that needed low salt diets and they had no problems giving us options for these guests. I have yet to go to another wedding with better food. Especially the mashed potato bar! I would HIGHLY recommend CCVA to anyone !!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Brittany · Married on 12/27/2014

The food was incredible! Everyone raved about how good the food was. We're seriously considering throwing another party just to have them cater! Bonnie was incredibly helpful and went out of her way to make my life easier. Creative Catering absolutely blew my mind and came up with some of the coolest dessert and drink ideas to go along with my science themed wedding. People are still raving about our signature drink! The food was amazing and you just can't beat the value.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Donna · Married on 10/18/2014

It was an absolute pleasure to work with everyone at Creative Catering. They were so very easy to work with. My many emails were answered the same day. Super organized, super friendly, oh and the food was wonderful. Simply delicious! The servers were attentive, well groomed and dressed. I have already given their contact information out to several and will continue to do so. Also if I have a need, I will definitely not hesitate to use them again.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Donna · Married on 09/13/2014

I was extremely satisfied with this caterer from the beginning in dealing with Katie through the walk through meeting with the production manager Allen to the day of the wedding. They delivered on everything that I requested and they gave a lot of value for the price. All the guests commented on how great the food was. Very professional staff and exceptional attention to detail.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

I couldn't be happier with the quality of service I receive from my very first meeting with Katie Reid.
    Creative catering made the wedding successful. Everything was perfect, there was absolutely nothing they could of done better.

I will use them again for other events!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Creative Catering of Virginia was wonderful to work with! They were so easy to set meetings up with, and were always organized and professional during all communication and meetings. The day of our wedding we didn't worry about anything, because we knew all the details would be taken care of. The food and service was GREAT throughout the whole night! We tried two complimentary meals after we booked with them, and they packed up two boxes for us when we left our wedding night. I recommend their services to anyone planning an event and looking for quality, professional catering!

Sent on 08/14/2014