Creative Catering of VA Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Samantha
    Samantha Married on 09/25/2021

If you want a worry-free day, hire them!

First of all, they were incredible friendly from the first phone conversation I had with the rep from creative catering (Caitlin). She never tried to up-sell me on anything and was very honest about what I would actually need for my wedding. We only had about 70 guests so we really didn't need an extravagant amount of food/beverage packages/etc. and they were SO affordable (about $2000 less than all the other catering companies I had gotten quotes from). The tasting was amazing. I brought my parents with me and there was so much leftover food from the tasting, I brought home an entire extra meal for my fiance. Everything tasted amazing (even my dad who is a picky eater loved all of the options). On the wedding day, the staff was so friendly and professional. They were efficient in setting up, constantly asked the bridal party if we needed anything even BEFORE the ceremony, and offered to finish some of the set up from our decorations, like turning on all of the centerpiece lights and fairy lights we had set up around the venue before dinner. I got SO many compliments on the food and it was even better tasting than I had remembered. Seriously, if you want a worry-free day, hire these caterers ASAP!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline D. Married on 07/02/2021

Amazing and easy to work with

I would recommend CCVA to anyone for their wedding! Their attention to detail was fantastic and communication leading up to our wedding was wonderful. All of the guests raved about the food and everyone was happy. We went with the pasta bar option and there was enough food for everyone and plenty of options to pick from!
  • Nathalia
    Nathalia S. Married on 06/19/2021

Peeeeeeerfect!!!!!

Food was simply delicious!!!
    Every single guest mentioned how good the steak and the chicken was. It was for sure a big score!
    The company was amazing since day one, Caitlin helped me in every single detail i needed and helped me to make sure my day was perfect!
    Staff was perfect and super nice! I loved everything!
    So glad I chose Creative!!!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel F. Married on 05/15/2021

Superb service, attention to detail, and response time!

Truly an amazing experience, from top to bottom. We were so incredibly pleased by the personality of every server: they were great with all of our guests, even the kids, that the compliments about them all were constant! A shout out to them for treating my now husband and I wonderfully at our sweetheart table, making us feel special and among friends! The settings and arrangements of all tables were beautiful and exquisite. The food was excellent, all of our notes from our initial tastings correctly applied while also making adjustments on the fly for guests, and the gluten free menu options were accommodating and a blessing. Overall, we happily recommend Creative Catering for any events. In fact, we plan to use them again in the future, the food was THAT good! Thanks again for a fantastic evening straight out of our dreams!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/26/2020

Awesome! Will hire again! (for anniversary, etc).

CCVA is amazing!!! The quality AND quantity of food was great. The staff and management is super friendly - AND supportive/understanding, especially during these crazy times of covid-19. All of our guests were pleased with our selections for the plated meal and appetizers (you can't go wrong with their filet mignon, salmon, or chicken saltimbocca). The event manager was also very responsive to our needs and any questions that came about. I highly recommend their services!
    Kristin Married on 09/20/2020

Absolutely amazing

Caitlin and the entire crew at creative was absolutely amazing. Getting married in the middle of a pandemic has not been easy. We were continuously making changes due to regulations and safety protocols, the last being 4 days before the event, and Caitlin was amazing the entire time and helping to make sure everything went smoothly and to perfection. I could not have asked for a better caterer for my wedding. And of course the food was amazing! Caitlin was even able to supple two of my guests with a vegan option!
    Anissa W. Married on 08/08/2020

Great service and food

I am so glad I used Creative Catering! Due to COVID, we had to totally change our plans and host a small backyard wedding. They were so accommodating and easy to work with. The guest loved the food and the service. Everyone was talking about how wonderful the servers were during the evening. I highly recommend them and I will use them again! Thank you Michele and Caitlin!
    Erin O. Married on 10/19/2019

Great Food!

The first thing that helped me make Creative Catering our wedding choice was the fact that they are extremely communicative. Any questions I had were quickly answered. The food itself was fabulous and the bar staff was amazing! They quickly adapted to any last minute changes that we had and provided an amazing experience for us and our guest. I would highly recommend!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 10/04/2019

Best food ever

Booking a caterer was one of the most daunting tasks of our wedding planning process until the moment I spoke to Karen from CCoV. She answered any and all questions that we had throughout the entire process, no matter how annoying the questions were. She made sure to go over everything with us with a fine tooth comb. She also made special accommodations for our guests with food allergies such as putting cheese on the side of all of the salads and making sure our vegan guests food was not compromised by any animal products. Not to mention that the food was cooked absolutely perfect!!! We had a special request for our steak dish to be cooked medium rare and not a single one was over cooked, which is a really hard thing to achieve when cooking in mass quantities. I HIGHLY recommend giving them a call and booking them! Thank you again for all of your hard work and making sure that our day was beautiful and tasty :)
  • Marian
    Marian B. Married on 09/28/2019

So happy we chose Creative Catering of VA

Creative Catering of Virginia provided the catering for my daughter’s wedding, and we are so happy that we chose them! From the first meeting with Karen, our CCVA contact, we began the wonderful experience of exploring all the different packages and menu selections that they offered. Karen was super organized and professional, and was very helpful in understanding our vision to find the perfect selections that we wanted, including vegan meals for our guests. The tasting was so elegant and so much fun, we felt like we were in a 5-star restaurant! Along the way, my daughter and Karen were frequently in contact to finalize every little detail. Any special request that we had was answered with “yes, we can do that!” The time for the wedding arrived, and everything was perfect! Delicious appetizers were served and the bartenders attended to the guests with friendly and pleasant smiles. The dinner of beef tenderloin and teriyaki salmon was absolutely delicious! We highly recommend Creative Catering for their wonderful service and delightful menu!!
    Molly A. Married on 09/01/2019

Incredible, definitely recommend!!!

Creative Catering staff were so incredibly professional and kind to all of my guests. It was an absolute pleasure working with them, and the food was amazing!
    Karen Married on 05/30/2019

Amazing presentation and taste!

The food was very good and the staff was very very accommodating to everyones needs. They really spoiled us!

Creative Catering of VA's reply:

Thank you so much and Congratulations again! We enjoyed being a part of your special day, and we appreciate your kind words.

All the best,
    The Entire Creative Catering TEAM
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 10/20/2018

Helpful and Accomodating with Delicious Food!

If you are a newly engaged couple and feeling overwhelmed, please call Karen at Creative Catering of Virginia as she was really impressive and made sure that the planning for food and beverages at our wedding was as smooth as it could be!! We used Creative Catering of Virginia for our wedding catering and bartending in October. We had gone to several tastings and events in order to find the perfect option for us. Karen at Creative Catering was by far the most professional and helpful person we met along the way! Not only did she help us design the perfect menu for our budget, she also helped with other things too. For example, she was able to give us our napkins ahead of time with the sparkly ring holders that we bought for the event. During the wedding, the staff of creative catering were extremely helpful! They butlered apps at cocktail hour and they made sure to visit us, the bride and groom, when we were posing for family portraits. They helped in every way they could. They helped with design work, they helped with set up, they help with breakdown, they helped with the bar when the bar line was too long. They were just wonderful to work with and we were very impressed at the level of service! Our head table never had an empty glass and I saw them making the rounds with wine to the other tables as well! I was so happy that we went with Creative Catering! My uncle, who eats at a lot of catered dinners for his business, said that this was the best catered food he had ever tried.

We can’t give enough positive feedback to Karen! She was absolutely fabulous! You will sleep well tonight after contacting Karen and locking down Creative Catering's staff for your wedding needs!
    Kimber Married on 06/08/2018
    We just got married June 8, 2018. What an awesome company with which to work. From our initial contact in November, 2017 to the conclusion of our wedding reception, CC of VA was wonderful! The food was delicious and so much so, our guests didn't even leave us anything to take home. LOL Karen Kidd was wonderful to work with and even reached out to me after the wedding to find out how everything went.
    Karyn Married on 05/20/2017
    I highly recommend this catering company. The food was amazing we had many people compliment us. The best part was the bar tender, he WAS AMAZING. We had 135 guests and he was killing it! Many people also mentioned to me how great and attentive he was. This company is definitely top notch, you will not be disappointed!
  • Christina
    Christina Married on 04/01/2017
    First and foremost the food and service were excellent. We went through 3 different sales managers but ended up working with Jennifer and she was amazing. We booked with Alyssa who has since moved on but was so incredibly accommodating to my very specific requests. I work in catering sales so I was clear about what I wanted and what I didn't but I was also working within a budget which doesn't always allow for creativity. Lucky for me Alyssa and then Jennifer were excellent. The team handled the beer, wine, and champagne that we provided as well as maintaining all of the desserts we provided. On the day of we had Cindy leading the team and she was so kind and efficient. There was a teeny tiny minor bump with our pre-ceremony champagne (hey, it's a celebration!) but she quickly got it poured once I arrived and everyone had some. A great experience and a great value. Highly recommend!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 12/31/2016
    I've worked weddings for over 10 years and Creative Catering is always easy to work with and very professional.
    The staff is always very nice and very helpful as well!
    Danielle Married on 10/29/2016
    The food was great! We had a buffet with 2 entrees and 2 sides for 150 guests. I didn't hear any bad reports. When a guest needed gluten free, they were so accommodating. They even came over to help clean up a broken wine glass on the dance floor! I highly recommend them.
  • Sheena
    Sheena Married on 07/16/2016

Professional, polite, willing to please.

Married on 9/26/20. Excellent service and food. The staff was very kind and always kept me posted. The Presentation of the dinner was very nice. Good job and thank you.
    Jessica Married on 07/09/2016
    We absolutely loved working with Creative Catering of VA for our wedding. Throughout the entire planning process, Alyssa and the staff worked with us to fit our schedule and our needs, especially while planning the wedding from afar!

Alyssa scheduled a private tasting for us and presented all of the food options beautifully. We then switched between wanting buffet and plated meals, our dessert types, adding lemonade stands, and plenty of other changes! Creative Catering was extremely flexible and met every one of our requests and needs promptly, always being sure to let us know transparently how updates may impact cost or feasibility with our venue. It was very helpful during the planning process!

The food was AMAZING. The appetizers were delicious (everybody was talking about the mini quiches!) and the food was excellent. The guests were raving about the meal, and nobody left hungry. Plus, Creative Catering also added some late-night snacks that everybody loved--those were a big hit with the younger crowd. Creative Catering did all of this well within our budget, and we couldn't be more grateful for the quality!! Everybody loved the food. To do it again, I wouldn't change a single thing.Thank you so much!
    Lauren Married on 07/03/2016
    The food and services Creative Catering of VA provided were amazing. The food choices were delicious and the options were fantastic. We went with Chicken Marsala and Bacon Wrapped Filet for our main choices. The company also provided us an option for Kosher meals since my parents and cousins keep Kosher. The also have a good deal for children and providing vendor food. Additionally, for an extra charge they provided colored linens (white or black option was included) and ice for the beer were provided. Overall, they were very stress free to work with and made our wedding meal memorable.
  • User2574374 2+ years ago
    Creative Catering was very responsive and accommodating considering we were out-of-town. The food was so delicious and they were agreeable to making adjustments to the dish. They were very comprehensive in making sure all bases were covered and were able to make last minute changes to the venue layout, etc. The staff were very friendly and complimentary!! I highly recommend them!
    Bob A. Married on 10/26/2015
    We were introduced to Creative Catering of Virginia at an event last year. We were very impressed with the quality of their food and the attentiveness of the catering staff and selected them to cater our daughter's wedding. We could not have been happier. Alyssa Stevens, our catering coordinator, did an outstanding job helping us select our menu and inviting us to a tasting prior to our making our final menu selections.
    We received countless compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was, and just as important, they commented on the courteousness and attentiveness of the staff. Everyone from the senior caterer in charge of our event to the bus boys made us feel as though they were catering to their own family.
    We highly recommend Creative Catering of Virginia to anyone looking for catering services for their event.
  • User2397684 2+ years ago
    I was very happy with Creative Catering. Pre wedding, we were in contact with Alyssa who was super responsive and helped us with any questions we had in regards to the menu, cocktail hour, bridal lunch and how everything would run the day of. My wedding was on location at a beach house in Sandbridge and Creative Catering had no problem still doing plated meals. Everyone the day of the wedding was professional, friendly and everything ran smoothly. The food was fantastic - we got salmon and chicken :) If you are looking for a caterer for your wedding I would definitely recommend Creative Catering!