Creative Cakes Reviews

236 | Tinley Park, IL

236 Reviews for Creative Cakes

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2014

Best cake EVER. So many compliments, and not to mention they give you a brand new cake for you and your hubby on your one year anniversary.. fresh. No frozen cake for us! Their design team was spectacular. This money was well spent! I enjoyed working with all of the ladies, very professional and friendly. The cake tasting was nice they had so many options to choose from and it really allowed us to make our very own unique cake! I would recommend them over and over. I have eaten cupcakes and other goodies from them as well. They are all amazing!!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/04/2014

Really liked creative cakes! Very nice people every time I went there or talked to someone on the phone. Love the fact that we didn't have to save top part of cake because they told us that they would make us a fresh one on our year anniversary :) made my cake exactly how I wanted it. Was really happy with everything. I even bought 3 trays of cookies and pastries on top of our wedding cake because I loved some of the other stuff so much! Awesome place!! :)

Sent on 04/12/2014

YUMMY!!! We used creative cakes for out wedding in March. We did the cupcakes and were originally going to go with banana, red velvet, white chocolate and yellow. The banana is so delicious and after days of thinking about how good it was, I called them and told them to cancel the white chocolate and add more banana...that's how good it is!! Their prices are extremely reasonable and the staff was super friendly. I recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Abby · Married on 01/10/2014

First let's start off with the fact that I got to my initial consultation an hour and a half late...and they still were nice enough to see me and work with me. The consultation itself was amazing. We got to try their different flavors and fillings. They were willing to work with my budget and made the cake we really wanted. It was a snow theme so the cake looked like it was frosted with snow and had snowflakes all over. Anyway I wish I could remember the nice young woman's name who worked with us but I can't :( she was wonderful though. Answered all the questions we had and was sweet and professional the entire time (again despite the fact that was extremely late). The day of the wedding it was raining and traffic was horrible but they still delivered the cake on time with no problems. Oh yea AND they give you an identical top tier to your wedding cake on your 1 year anniversary (you know instead of freezing the top tier because I personally think that's weird) for free! Their white cake and red velvet is amazing. I love this place. End of story.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Edgar · Married on 11/09/2013

The cake was delicious. Everybody talked about their buttercream frosting. Love the cake design.

Sent on 11/11/2013

My wedding cake turned out amazing! It was perfect...delicious, beautiful, and the talk of the reception! I couldn't give them a stronger recommendation!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Beautiful cake, tasted even better!! I had guests wanting to take cake home because it was the best wedding cake, no, cake ever!!! We are still enjoying it!! Yummy;-)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Jonathan · Married on 10/26/2013

This place is absolutely amazing! The cake was delicious, the initial tasting was a lot of fun and very helpful in choosing the type of cake and mousse to go along with it, and the people were very friendly and accommodating! One taste and you'll be hooked! Thanks again!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Lindsay · Married on 10/26/2013

This place is great. I gave them a picture off of pinterest of what I wanted my cake to look like and they matched it perfectly! It was very artistic and creative, and did not break the budget! They have a large variety of flavors and the cake is high quality! There were many other places I tried where the cake tasted stale and stiff....however, Creative Cakes tasted fantastic! I highly recommend them!!!!!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Becky and her team were so nice!!! They spent a ton of time with us and kept our vision in mind the whole time! They were priced very fair and of course the cake is to die for!! Our guests loved it! Becky also created a awesome grooms cake for us! It was exactly what I asked for!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Dino · Married on 08/03/2013

They made a wedding cake top and cupcakes for the attendees. they cupcakes were better than we could have asked for and the help at the shop was easy to work with. The Buttercream really is the real deal!

Sent on 08/17/2013

Sharon · Married on 08/03/2013

I highly recommend Creative Cakes in Tinley Park. They were easy to work with and reasonably priced. The cake was beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Sara · Married on 06/21/2013

Creative Cakes was great to work with! We went and tried all the different mousse fillings that they had and it was a hard time choosing because they were all so good! We went with cupcakes displayed as a cake, so we were able to choose multiple flavors for people to try! When I arrived at the reception, I couldnt believe how beautiful the presentation was ! The stand and ribbon, matched my room perfectly! Once everyone started eating the cupcakes, people couldnt believe how delicious they were! I didnt get a chance to try one the night of the event, but we had extras and froze them. I defrosted a few when I came home from my honeymoon, and couldnt believe how delicious they were! My Maid Of Honor had one at the end of the night and said she almost died because they were so delicious!

Sent on 07/09/2013

To say our cake was delicious would not be enough!! Indescribably delicious gets closer to what it was, but still falls short!! The people at Creative Cakes are wonderful, helpful and professional and helped us design the perfect cake for our wedding!! It was beautiful to look at as well, but tasted sooooo good!! Everyone loved it and we will be telling everyone and anyone who needs to find a cake, whether for a wedding, birthday or they just like cake, to call Creative Cakes!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2013

No complaints here! They did a wonderful job through the whole process. We enjoyed the cake tasting and they made it hassel free from that day forward. The cake was delicious. We went with the strawberry mousse and yellow cake. We had a buttercream frosting. It looked perfect and tasted perfect, just what we had imagined! Also, we had a lot of details, but they remembered all of them. Great job!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Creative Cakes is a life saver! The venue I used has a deal with another cake place and after having a tasting I refused to go there. Creative cakes squeezed me in for my wedding date that was less than a month away. 4 of us went for a tasting and we each got our own plate of multiple different cakes and fillings. They use butter in their frosting, which is AMAZING. They have so many different flavors and cakes that mix and match. Everyone at the wedding was raving about how good the cake was and everyone took multiple pieces.

Sent on 08/24/2013

Angela · Married on 06/08/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about this company. Becky was our consultant and she made our vision come to life from the personalization to the bling. She was very responsive to emails or any questions I had, which helped make the process so easy. My husband chose Irish creme as one of the flavors and it was a hit, it was an unexpected surprise which was delicious. Thank you again to Creative Cakes for all your hard work and planning, we loved it, our guests loved it, and we couldn't ask for more. We will definitely be back!! (:

P.S. Not to mention the free replica tier we receive on our one year anniversary, I've never heard of anyone else doing that before, just another bonus!!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Andrea · Married on 05/24/2013

My husband and I decided to go the non traditional route and have a cupcake cake for our May 24, 2013 wedding. I am so glad we decided to do this. We wanted our wedding to be romantic and classy without having a stuffy feel. The cupcakes gave our wedding exactly that. The cake was so beautiful and each cupcake was decorated. We had the cupcake tiered and the top tier was a small cake that my husband and I could cut. Creative Cakes did such a beautiful job creating the cake I had envisioned. Not only did my cake look beautiful, it also tasted delicious. It was also so easy for our guests to bring their cupcake home with them at the end of the evening. Creative Cakes even gave us some to go boxes! We researched other bakery's and by far Creative Cakes had the best value. We have used them for other events and have also had friends and family use them for weddings and parties. They are truely a wonderful bakery!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Creative Cakes was AWESOME!!!! They created my dream wedding cake!! I couldn't ask for a more perfect cake!!!! Not only did it look great it tasted phenominal!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 01/12/2013

Our cake was so beautiful and it looked exactly like the design that the Creative Cakes employee drew up at our tasting--ivory buttercream with gold and silver henna print and edible pearls all over. We had lemon chiffon cake with raspberry and lemon cream filling. I generally think wedding cake is dry and disgusting, but this was so light and delicious--it was unlike any wedding cake I've ever had!

The price was extremely reasonable, and the cake was incredibly impressive, both on the tastebuds and in the photo album--Creative Cakes is awesome!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Michelle · Married on 12/01/2012

The cake was perfect...It was beautiful and delicious. My guests were mesmerized by the cake and took pictures of it when they arrived.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Tara · Married on 09/15/2012

The only thing I can say is I wish i would have gotten another piece! Our wedding cake was so delicious! We opted for a very simple design which was executed perfectly but our focus was on the taste and the knocked out of park. We had vanilla cake with chocolate mouse filling. it was amazing! we ate the whole piece right then and there on the dance floor and actually fought over who would get the last bite (lovingly of course!). We also used them for our dessert table and while i never made it over there to try myself, all of my guests raved about the great selection and how yummy everything was! They were great to work with and always followed through with design and color and confirming it all. I also love the extra detail that they will bake you a smaller version of your cake on your one-year anniversary! I am already counting down the days until it because it was so good! You can't go wrong with creative cakes! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 09/08/2012

Creative Cakes provided our cake through our caterer, Levy Events. I was hesitant at first, because we had no choice but to use them. However, the cake was delicious and decorated exactly to our specifications. They were also easy to get a hold of when we needed to make changes.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Kerry · Married on 08/12/2012

Creative Cakes is the vendor that works directly with our wedding venue, Fulton's on the River, which made it very easy to do business with them, as our cake was already included in our package at Fulton's. We chose a very simple design with their "real" buttercream frosting, and it was deliscoius!! My guests said they never ate a tastier wedding cake! Every time I open my freezer now I see our top layer and feel very tempted to just go ahead and have bite!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Stacey · Married on 08/04/2012

They did an amazing job with my cake. It was exactly what I envisioned for my cake. My husband even agrees because he hates butter cream frosting cake and he absolutely loved the taste of the cake and cant wait to eat it again in a year.

Sent on 08/21/2012