Creative Cakes Reviews

207 Reviews for Creative Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

207 Creative Cakes Reviews

Alexis · Married on 10/14/2018

Obsessed With My Wedding Cake!!!

Creative Cakes was definitely the right choice for my wedding cake! I came to my consultant, Kristen, with a very different and custom request for my cake. My wedding was loosely based around our favorite genre, medieval fantasy, and I wanted my cake to resemble my favorite video game. I went into my first meeting, confident that I knew what I wanted out of my cake; after about an hour long meeting I realized that I had no idea! Kristen was beyond helpful, giving me tips and insight (I didn't know there could be so much detail) about cakes. And she was so patient with me and my horrible indecisiveness, answering all my questions and concerns without making me feel rushed or like I was a nuisance. I went home and spent the next week or two sketching designs for my cake and eventually came up with what Creative Cakes would turn into my dream cake! They got everything PERFECT down to the smallest detail and it was absolutely beautiful! I will never forget coming into the reception area before the wedding to decorate, and squealing with pure excitement and joy when I saw my awesome cake displayed on the table!

Creative Cakes 2
  • Amy

Amy O'brien · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful & Delicious

There were so many cake options and fillings--they are all amazing. We went with chiffon cake with raspberry creme. The cake looked just as she had drawn it. So pretty! Our guests ate the whole thing!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Aw, thank you for the great review. We're so glad you and your guests loved it! We'll see you next year when you pick up your anniversary tier, but we hope to see you sooner! :)

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

Everyone raved about our cake and they were so nice to work with. I will definitely be a returning customer

Sent on 10/08/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Aw, thanks Amy! We're glad you all loved it! We hope to see you soon :)

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding was April 28th 2018!!!
    Creative Cakes did a fantastic job on our wedding cake, the overall flavor and taste was delicious! Our guests loved the cake!!! The design was flawless, and exactly what we had discussed at our tasting! The staff was very easy to work with & answered all questions efficiently! The cake was delivered right on time the day of the wedding. Would highly recommend this company for any and all services, outstanding job Creative Cakes!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! We really appreciate it. See you when you pick up your anniversary tier next year!

Sarah Young · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing!!!

We had Creative Cakes create a trio of cakes for our wedding. The cake tasting was so fun and made it so hard to choose our flavors! We got so many compliments especially on the chocolate cake with hazelnut frosting. The cake designers really worked with us to get the design of the cake just right. One of the cakes was decorated to match the pattern on our linens and it could not have turned out more perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Thanks Sarah! We're so happy that you enjoyed your cakes and had fun at the tasting :) We hope you enjoy the holidays, and we'll see you when you pick up your anniversary tier next year!

Nina · Married on 08/25/2018

Creative cakes is just the best.
    My cake, cupcakes & desserts were beautiful. I have been going to them for over 10 years & glad they got to do my wedding cake

Sent on 09/03/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Aw, thanks Nina for the sweet review! We're so happy you loved it! We hope to see you again soon. ❤️

Allison · Married on 08/11/2018

Couldn't ask for a better experience! From our tasting to the delivery of the cake Creative Cakes was professional, organized, friendly, and incredible at what they do. Our cake looked absolutely beautiful, and tasted even better! We did a layer of chocolate, white, and red velvet and every layer was amazingly delicious. I highly recommend them for special occasions or any event you are hosting that you need a special cake.

Sent on 08/17/2018
    Creative Cakes 3

Creative Cakes's reply:

Hi Allison, thank you for the kind review and picture! We really appreciate it! So happy you and your guests' enjoyed the cake. We'll see you next year when you pick up your annivesary tier!

Katie · Married on 07/14/2018

Creative Cakes were amazing! Everyone loved our wedding cake! We couldn’t have been happier! We highly recommend them!!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate it. We're so happy you and your guests loved the cake!

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2018

Our wedding cake was flawless! From the tasting to the wedding day, we had a wonderful experience with Creative Cakes! We even get to relive our day with fresh wedding cake on our anniversary! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Creative Cakes's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! We really appreciate it. We're so happy you enjoyed your cake! See you when you pick up your anniversary tier next year!

Justine e Colwell · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing Wedding Cake and Mini Cookies!

Creative Cakes made our dreams come true! We asked them to make mini cookie cakes for each guest instead of having a traditional cake. They did exactly what we asked, even though it was not something they normally did. They were so helpful and put everything together for us beautifully. We are so happy we had them be part of our day.

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Creative Cakes 4
    Creative Cakes 5

Creative Cakes's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review! We're so happy you loved it. ❤️ Thanks for the pictures too, we hope to see you again soon!

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2018

I got married on May 27, 2018 and I got my cake from here and it was BEAUTIFUL!! It tasted amazing and I received so many compliments on it. We went funky and got yellow, banana and funfetti with vanilla bean buttercream. I can't wait to order our complimentary 1 year anniversary tier so I can relive it all over again! I will post a picture as soon as I get them back. Thank you guys for making my cake the cake I dreamed of and making it taste AMAZING.

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Creative Cakes 6

Despina · Married on 12/31/2017

Our event planner at our venue highly recommended Creative Cakes for our wedding cake and we were not disappointed. Unlike most couples, our cake was not the main aspect of our wedding but we still wanted a beautiful cake and Creative Cake delivered. They provided us with a cake that was simple elegance and we loved it. It tasted amazing too! Highly recommend!

Michelle · Married on 11/04/2017

Creative cakes supplied the cake for our wedding day. All the guests commented on how delicious it was! They were very easy to work with at the consultation, and the design of the cake came out perfect. I would definitely use creative cakes again in the future!

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2017

I loved my wedding cake, Creative Cakes did an amazing job in capturing my vision. The design and the taste were perfect! They were very flexible when I had to make changes too!

Creative Cakes 7

Alicia · Married on 10/07/2017

Such good cake and i don't usually like cake!! SSSOOO GOOD!!!

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2017

Creative cakes did exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake. I found a design I liked and they duplicated it perfectly. The cake itself is to die for. Highly recommended!

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding cake tasting at Creative Cakes was one of the easiest and most fun parts of our wedding planning. We loved trying all the different cake combinations and looking at all the different wedding cake styles. Most importantly, the cake was delicious! Everyone that we worked with was so friendly and helpful. They offered us suggestions on cake sizes and styles, and we were able to choose multiple flavors for our wedding day. They delivered the cake to our venue and it looked beautiful! They’ll even make you a free cake for your 1 year anniversary. I’ll definitely be going back to creative cakes for orders in the future!

Creative Cakes 8
    Creative Cakes 9

Darya · Married on 08/19/2017

Creative Cakes works with our reception hall (Tinley Park Convention Center) and was included with our package with them, so we did not have any chance to look at other cake vendors, but that worked out really well for us. We went for our cake tasting and were blown away by the professionalism and quality. The cake turned out just as we wanted; it was beautiful and delicious. The process was really simple and taken care of while Creative Cakes worked in concert with Tinely Park Convention Center, so we did not have to coordinate much at all.

Sandra · Married on 06/24/2017

We had a small cake for cake cutting pictures. The cake was beautiful and delicious! Highly recommend for wedding cake.

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2017

I love the fact that they have imagination and I am looking into them doing my cake. I have a few ideas on how I want my cake done, But until I finalized what I won't I'm not going to book them just yet.

Kristin · Married on 05/06/2017

We cannot rave enough about Creative Cakes! They were so helpful and made us an even more beautiful and delicious cake than we could have ever imagined! Highly recommend!

Erika · Married on 01/14/2017

The cake was awesome. Instead of purchasing a huge wedding cake, we bought a small one for us to cut and two sheet cakes for our guests. The guest were given the option of a yellow cake with buttercream and strawberry or chocolate cake with chocolate filling. Our guest absolutely loved the cake! The only thing that I did not like was our initial consultation. They were not as attentive and left us to look through hundreds of cakes on a computer. It was overwhelming. However, the end product was awesome. We were going to buy another cake to freeze for our first anniversary, but they give you a fresh one the week of your first anniversary. I thought that was really nice.

• User6771187 · 1+ year ago

Beautiful cakes! Wonderful people to work with.

Helen · Married on 11/06/2016

These are some of the most delicious cakes I've ever tasted! We picked Creative Cakes to do our wedding cake because we didn't want fondant and wanted someone who made really good buttercream. That is exactly what we got and so much more!

The service was fantastic and everyone we talked to was so nice and friendly. They had so many examples of different styles of cake decoration to show you it can be a little overwhelming at first if you don't have a good idea of what you want going into the meeting. We had a basic idea and the examples they showed us just allowed us to refine it.

The samples that they let you pick up to try at home are wonderful, my husband and I were able to relax and really think about what kinds of flavors we wanted our cake to have. Plus on your first-year anniversary they will remake the top tier of the cake for you, so we didn't have to worry about freezing it and whether or not it would be edible in a year.

They delivered the cake on time without any issues and everyone loved it. It tasted amazing. I highly recommend Creative Cakes for any cake needs!