Creative cakes By Donna Reviews

Creative cakes By Donna 7
  • Ginski47

Gina · Getting married on 08/31/2019

The cake is delicious!!

Donna is unbeatably the best wedding cake designer this side of Connecticut. She made our cake for our wedding at A Villa Louisa in Bolton, CT. The cake came with the venue package. It was a lemon cake with raspberry and vanilla cream filling. She responded to every text, email and phone call. I love her! She customized the cake to our liking and our flower designer added the flowers. In the end I cant stop eating the cake she made. It is still so moist and its after day 4 thank you so much!! Absolutely delicious.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Creative cakes By Donna 11
    Creative cakes By Donna 12

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my absolute pleasure! And....Congratulations to you both!

Taylor Sutton · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious and picture-perfect

Donna made us an amazing and delicious cake. Coming from out of town, she was able to squeeze us in for a tasting, so we would know what we were getting beforehand. Although Donna makes all kinds of super intricate cakes, we wanted something on the simpler side, but even so our cake exceeded our expectations in taste and look.

Sent on 06/23/2019
    Creative cakes By Donna 13

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Cake Ever!

Creative Cakes by Donna is wonderful!! She had tons of flavor options and style ideas. My cake came out exactly how I hoped it would and Donna was super easy to work with. Many of our guests told us how delicious the cake was and we couldn't have agreed with them more!! As dessert lovers, the cake was really important to us and we were thrilled!!! I would highly, highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Hi Andrea,
    Thank you so much for your review and I am so glad you loved the cake!

Congratulations to you both!

• Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 03/15/2019

Best wedding cake!

Creative cakes by Donna exceeded our expectations. The tasting was great and professional. We got to bring both of our moms. She had a variety of flavors for us to try. The cake for our wedding was absolutely beautiful. It was more than I even imagined. The flavor was even better. We chose the strawberry shortcake. It wasn’t too sweet nor was it too heavy. It was perfect. Thanks so much to Donna! I can’t wait to eat what we saved on our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Jeanette Faust · Married on 01/18/2019

Absolutely amazing

Donna made us a beautiful cake that was also delicious! My husband and I used to work at a venue nearby, so we've tasted a lot of wedding cakes and Donna's are the best for sure. Highly recommend the chocolate mousse chambord, it's my favorite and our guests raved about it. Thanks Donna!

Sent on 02/06/2019

Hi Jeanette,
    Congratulations to you both and thank you for the wonderful review! I remember you when you were in Brittany's class!

• Bianca

Bianca Mia · Married on 12/22/2018

Delicious and Beautiful!

From the start, Donna was a pleasure to work with! I knew after talking to her on the phone when I set up a cake tasting, I was going to be in good hands. Donna provided many scrumptious samples of cake and frosting during the tasting. She is very friendly, professional and flexible. My husband and I changed the design of our cake a week before the wedding because I saw a previous cake she had made for a wedding and we knew we wanted it for ours. Donna was completely open to our change and she even found the snowflakes herself to put on them. Our cake was a 5 tier, almond flavored cake, which to our surprise was amazing, with a chocolate mousse filling and Nutella, with buttercream frosting. It was absolutely one of the best cakes we have EVER tasted! Our cake was beautiful and perfect in every way. We look forward to ordering cakes from her in the future. Thank you Donna!!

Bianca & Mike Kaluta

Sent on 01/23/2019
    Creative cakes By Donna 14

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Congratulations to you too and thank you for the review! Please send photo to cakesdonna1565@gmail.com. Would love to see how beautiful you looked!

Claire Feldman-Reich · Married on 10/28/2018

Awesome vendor!

Donna was so great and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • Audra

Audra Hastings · Married on 10/20/2018

The best cake I ever had!

If you’re in the market for a cake that all your guests will love, give Creative Cakes by Donna a call! She worked with us to create the PERFECT flavor combination that we knew our friends and family couldn’t resist! Our 4-tier cake featured alternating layers of Chocolate Mousse and Cookie and Cream filling between Marble cake. It. Was. DELICIOUS! Not to mention, Donna and her team made the cake look absolutely amazing with perfectly executed scrollwork directly from my Pinterest board! A HUGE thank you to her for helping my cake vision come to life! When your mother-in-law asks for that same flavor cake for her birthday this year, you KNOW it was amazing. Just the perfect finishing touch to an overall incredible day!

Sent on 12/04/2018

LOREN · Married on 09/29/2018

DELICIOUS!!! Everyone at the wedding went crazy for the cake. I chose chocolate with raspberry cream and fresh raspberries for 2 tiers and almond cake with coconut cream for the middle tier. I wish I had 2 tiers of both!!! I will buy for her cake for all special occasions going forward. LOVE!!!

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 15
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2018

Flawless and Delicious

Our wedding cake was delicious, beautiful, and such an amazing addition to our perfect day. During the cake cutting ceremony, we couldn't stop eating the slice that we cut. We knew from our first bite at our food tasting that this was the cake for us! The attention to detail was flawless. I highly recommend the strawberry shortcake!

Sent on 01/07/2019
    Creative cakes By Donna 16
    Creative cakes By Donna 17
    Creative cakes By Donna 18
    Creative cakes By Donna 19
    Creative cakes By Donna 20

Melissa,

Congratulations to you both! Thank you so much for the review. Photo Expressions did a phenomenal job and you looked beautiful!
    Wishing you much happiness in your life !
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2018

Delicious cakes!

I highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna! Our cake was not only gorgeous but was so delicious!!! Donna was so easy to work with & so helpful when offering her opinions on what would look best! The hardest part was deciding which flavor to go with because they were all amazing!!! Our guests all commented on how great the cake was!

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 21

Roxanne · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna is not just creative, she's a cake genius. We were so impressed with her, from our first meeting to when we saw the finished piece of art. The cake itself is also delicious. We showed her a photo of a cake and she exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely gorgeous. Tell all your friends who are planning a wedding to call Donna. Thank you Donna!
    Roxanne and CJ

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 22

Amber · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna was fantastic to work with and our cake came out even better than I was picturing in my mind. I was so happy with how it came out and the flavor was delicious as well. Everyone kept taking pictures of the cake because it was so pretty! Donna was responsive and went above and beyond for us. I cant say enough good things about Donna and the delicious cakes that she creates.

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding cake! Our cake was truly beautiful and matched our wedding vision perfectly, and it tasted like heaven. She was also such a pleasure to work with throughout the process, from the first tasting to the last-minute details. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2018

Beautiful and Delicious Nautical Cake

Donna is truly talented and helpful when it comes to making delicious cakes and decorating! My mother and I met with her for a tasting to try all the flavors ... so much fun!!
    I decided on a buttercream cake and showed her various pictures on IG of what I was envisioning. She not only created the cake exactly as we planned but she helped with suggestions as to how to decorate our venue (I believe she has a background in interior design as well!). As you can see from the picture, it turned out lovely. Cannot wait to eat the final layer on our anniversary!

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 23

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Donna was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake came out both beautiful and delicious! The cake tasting was a great opportunity to get to know Donna and try all the delicious flavor combinations. We were having trouble choosing just one so she even made a mini cake for my husband that he could enjoy as a little extra treat! She was kind and easy to work with throughout the whole process- even when I decided to add flowers to my cake at the last minute, she ordered them and made sure they matched the rest of my arrangements. Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Meg · Married on 08/10/2018

Donna was wonderful during the planning of our wedding! From our first tasting, we knew that we wanted Donna to make our wedding cupcakes! She offered a choice of amazing flavors, which was so difficult to narrow down to just three! Donna also made my husband and I a small cake to cut on our wedding day and enjoy on our first anniversary...which is especially great, because we had no cupcakes left by the end of the reception! People loved them! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Hi Meg,
    Congratulations to you both! So glad you loved the cupcakes! Thank you also for the review! Best of luck to you both.

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2018

Donna is truly amazing, not only as a baker but as a person. She takes the time with you to go over every detail of your cake! Just talking with her you can feel her love and passion through her work. Donna’s cakes are absolutely delicious, nothing else compares! If your checking out other cake vendors, go to Donna last. You will NOT be disappointed. Donna’s cake on my wedding day was Just the same as cake tasting day! Creative Cakes by Donna is a must for wedding cakes!

Sent on 08/05/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 24
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 08/04/2018

Our wedding cake by Cakes By Donna was absolutely perfect ! She was the only tasting experience we had / needed and booked her the day of our tasting. We were blown away by how delicious multiple cake flavors /fillings of hers were.
    Prior to our tasting I had it in my head that chocolate cake wasn't a "wedding " cake but when we tried her signature chocolate raspberry cake that thought went right out the window. We picked that flavor as well as the strawberry shortcake.
    To top it off it tasted amazing and looked even better then I couldve imagined. It perfectly fit our waterfront venue.
    I froze our topper and am already dreaming of eating it again at our 1 year anniversary!
    Thank you for everything Donna we will definitely be getting cakes from you again in the future ! I can easily see this becoming an anniversary tradition :)

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 25

Haley · Married on 07/08/2018

Donna's cakes are so delicious and she lives up to her name. She is so creative! We had one meeting with her and talked about our personal style and the theme of our wedding. We had some crazy ideas and we weren't sure if our ideas were even possible. Donna assured us that they were and we were amazed with the incredible cake that she made us! She goes above and beyond to create your dream cake, even down to the smallest details. She is also very affordable and has lots of delicious flavors to choose from!

Sent on 08/26/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 26
    Creative cakes By Donna 27
    Creative cakes By Donna 28
    Creative cakes By Donna 29

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2018

Donna created a magnificent wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding on 6/30/18. The wedding took place on Folly Farm in Simsbury, and after the bride and groom conferred with Donna, she truly understood their vision. The wedding cake that Donna created blended in seamlessly with all of the other details. The cake was simply and beautifully adorned with fresh flowers, many of which came from Donna’s garden. The buttercream frosting was expertly applied and absolutely delicious, and the Tiramisu flavor of the frosting between the marble cake layers all came together to produce a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake! We highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Congratulations to you both Lisa. Hope your mom and dad enjoyed the anniversary cake as well.

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and the favors were delish. We choose pistachio and coconut fillings as we wanted something different and all our guest couldn’t stop raving how good it was. Donna was great in the process giving us her ideas and taking what we liked. She even gave us a light green frosting instead of the traditional white. I wish I could eat my wedding cake every day! Thank you Donna for a great experience.

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 30

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you Tracy. Congratulations to you both!

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2018

We absolutely loved our cake ! It was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned! We got so many comments throughout the night and the next day about how delicious it was, a lot of guests said it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had ! The process of cake tasting and designing it with Donna was so fun and easy. We can’t thank Donna enough, we’re so happy with our experience !

Sent on 06/16/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 31

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2018

Donna is amazing at what she does! Our cake was amazing, our guests all raved! We couldn’t have been happier about how it turned out, thank you Donna!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you for the support Danielle and congratulations to you both! Many years of happiness.