254 Reviews for Creative cakes By Donna

Groom's Cake (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Vegan (1)
254 Creative cakes By Donna Reviews

Donna is not just creative, she's a cake genius. We were so impressed with her, from our first meeting to when we saw the finished piece of art. The cake itself is also delicious. We showed her a photo of a cake and she exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely gorgeous. Tell all your friends who are planning a wedding to call Donna. Thank you Donna!
Roxanne and CJ

Profile Picture Roxanne, 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna was fantastic to work with and our cake came out even better than I was picturing in my mind. I was so happy with how it came out and the flavor was delicious as well. Everyone kept taking pictures of the cake because it was so pretty! Donna was responsive and went above and beyond for us. I cant say enough good things about Donna and the delicious cakes that she creates.

Profile Picture Amber, 8/25/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Donna was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake came out both beautiful and delicious! The cake tasting was a great opportunity to get to know Donna and try all the delicious flavor combinations. We were having trouble choosing just one so she even made a mini cake for my husband that he could enjoy as a little extra treat! She was kind and easy to work with throughout the whole process- even when I decided to add flowers to my cake at the last minute, she ordered them and made sure they matched the rest of my arrangements. Thank you Donna!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna was wonderful during the planning of our wedding! From our first tasting, we knew that we wanted Donna to make our wedding cupcakes! She offered a choice of amazing flavors, which was so difficult to narrow down to just three! Donna also made my husband and I a small cake to cut on our wedding day and enjoy on our first anniversary...which is especially great, because we had no cupcakes left by the end of the reception! People loved them! Thank you Donna!

Profile Picture Meg, 8/10/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Donna is truly amazing, not only as a baker but as a person. She takes the time with you to go over every detail of your cake! Just talking with her you can feel her love and passion through her work. Donna’s cakes are absolutely delicious, nothing else compares! If your checking out other cake vendors, go to Donna last. You will NOT be disappointed. Donna’s cake on my wedding day was Just the same as cake tasting day! Creative Cakes by Donna is a must for wedding cakes!

Photo for Creative cakes By Donna Review - Lemon cake with lemon mousse filling and fresh raspberries.
Profile Picture Michelle, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake by Cakes By Donna was absolutely perfect ! She was the only tasting experience we had / needed and booked her the day of our tasting. We were blown away by how delicious multiple cake flavors /fillings of hers were.
Prior to our tasting I had it in my head that chocolate cake wasn't a "wedding " cake but when we tried her signature chocolate raspberry cake that thought went right out the window. We picked that flavor as well as the strawberry shortcake.
To top it off it tasted amazing and looked even better then I couldve imagined. It perfectly fit our waterfront venue.
I froze our topper and am already dreaming of eating it again at our 1 year anniversary!
Thank you for everything Donna we will definitely be getting cakes from you again in the future ! I can easily see this becoming an anniversary tradition :)

Profile Picture Holly , 8/4/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Donna's cakes are so delicious and she lives up to her name. She is so creative! We had one meeting with her and talked about our personal style and the theme of our wedding. We had some crazy ideas and we weren't sure if our ideas were even possible. Donna assured us that they were and we were amazed with the incredible cake that she made us! She goes above and beyond to create your dream cake, even down to the smallest details. She is also very affordable and has lots of delicious flavors to choose from!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/8/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Donna created a magnificent wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding on 6/30/18. The wedding took place on Folly Farm in Simsbury, and after the bride and groom conferred with Donna, she truly understood their vision. The wedding cake that Donna created blended in seamlessly with all of the other details. The cake was simply and beautifully adorned with fresh flowers, many of which came from Donna’s garden. The buttercream frosting was expertly applied and absolutely delicious, and the Tiramisu flavor of the frosting between the marble cake layers all came together to produce a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake! We highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and the favors were delish. We choose pistachio and coconut fillings as we wanted something different and all our guest couldn’t stop raving how good it was. Donna was great in the process giving us her ideas and taking what we liked. She even gave us a light green frosting instead of the traditional white. I wish I could eat my wedding cake every day! Thank you Donna for a great experience.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/22/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We absolutely loved our cake ! It was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned! We got so many comments throughout the night and the next day about how delicious it was, a lot of guests said it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had ! The process of cake tasting and designing it with Donna was so fun and easy. We can’t thank Donna enough, we’re so happy with our experience !

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna is amazing at what she does! Our cake was amazing, our guests all raved! We couldn’t have been happier about how it turned out, thank you Donna!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was such an awesome experience, very professional and everything came out as I wanted.

Photo for Creative cakes By Donna Review - Both the look and taste of the cake was amazing!
Profile Picture sandraliz, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! We received many compliments about the taste of the cake. I had a specific color in mind and Donna initially didn't have it but made sure to find it for us to make our cake perfect! Thank you Donna!

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Creative Cakes by Donna was one of the cake vendors included in our wedding reception package with the Pond House Café. We were able to come to the Pond House for a food tasting and sampled some of Donna’s cake flavorings, and decided to go with Creative Cakes by Donna as our cake vendor. I was really impressed that her cakes not only look spectacular, they taste great too! We met with Donna on site at her bakery and were treated to even more cake varieties, which made choosing a flavor difficult as they all taste so good. Cake sampling has never been so much fun with Donna and her assistant! We wanted a cake that was simple, with textured stucco buttercream frosting and a delicious filling, and Donna even threw in a hydrangea flower for me too. I think if you want to go more elaborate than the base package offering there is an additional cost, but for what we wanted the cake was perfect. I was even able to eat a slice on my wedding day, and it was moist and delicious! I can’t wait to cut in to the top tier on our one-year anniversary. Thanks again to Creative Cakes by Donna for providing us with a wonderful cake for our wedding day.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/28/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had such a great experience with Creative Cakes by Donna! At the tasting, all of the flavored cakes and frostings she had available for us to try were all so delicious. We ate everything! Ultimately we decided on chocolate cake with a chocolate mocha cappuccino mousse filling. I liked that Donna call me ahead of the wedding to make sure we were still happy with our flavor choices and to confirm delivery time to our venue. She was really on top of everything which was great! I had no worries about how the cake would turn out. When we walked into our venue we were blown away with how beautiful our cake was. She used fresh red roses that cascaded down the cake. At the end of our wedding day, our family fought over who would get to bring extra cake home! Donna really helped make our big day special. Thank you!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna was excellent. The cake was something that kind of just fell off the list for us, and the last week as I was still working full time up until the day before was hectic. She was texting me assuring me that it would be great. The cake was beautiful and tasted fantastic

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was beautiful (exactly what we wanted!) as well as delicious. Donna was a pleasure to work with and made the process quite easy (and delicious!). I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our cake was delicious. We got so many compliments on it! Everyone loved it. And she made gluten free cupcakes for my in laws that have a gluten free allergy

Profile Picture Christina, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Donna was so sweet and so very helpful creating our perfect wedding cake that truly reflected both our tastes. Our cake was beautiful and so delicious! I will be dreaming of anniversary tier for the whole year!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Cake was delicious- best wedding cake I have ever had. Also, it was absolutely beautiful! So many compliments on it.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

My wedding was 07/29/2016. Donna was extemly professional paying close attention to my ideas and decor for my event. Her decadent cake and stunning presentation left my guest in aww. Creative cakes comes highly recommend in my opinion as her cakes have no preservatives just be sure to have enough space to refrigerate left overs immediately. Her cakes are the best around. Also she arrived and set up the cake on time with no issues. Very professional as she has many years of experience and even has heads of state as part of her clientele.

Tiffany Mahon

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a wonderful experience working with Creative Cakes by Donna. She spent the time to go over every detail that I wished to include for my wedding cake. Donna helped to specifically design my cake to fit what I wanted. I was truly amazed when I saw my wedding cake for the first time; it was more beautiful than I imagined it would be! The flowers and rhinestones were a perfect touch. I highly recommend this wedding venue! Meghan and Cody Gill

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We recently worked with Donna at Creative Cakes for our wedding. I called Donna a few months before our wedding to schedule a tasting and she scheduled us to come in that week. The tasting was so much fun! Donna is so easy to talk to and she let us try a variety of her (delicious) cakes! They were so good, it was hard to choose which one we wanted. We ended up going with strawberry shortcake and it was truly delicious. When visiting Donna's bakery during our tasting, it was evident that she is a true professional and has many years of experience and expertise, not to mention that her designs are amazing. Our wedding cake came out absolutely beautiful and our guests were raving about how it tasted. Thank you Donna for creating our perfect wedding cake!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna's chocolate raspberry cake with buttercream frosting for our wedding was so, so good. The cake itself was also beautiful before we bit into it, but if you love cake - the best part is obviously eating it. Donna was super easy to work with. Whether it was scheduling our tasting (I wish I could do cake tastings all the time), providing advice during the tasting or even figuring out what flowers to put on the cake, the whole cake designing process was a breeze. I got my perfect cake and ate it too :-)

Profile Picture Megan, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews