Creative cakes By Donna Reviews

Creative cakes By Donna 6
Creative cakes By Donna 7

Claire Feldman-Reich · Married on 10/28/2018

Awesome vendor!

Donna was so great and a pleasure to work with!

• Audra

Audra Hastings · Married on 10/20/2018

The best cake I ever had!

If you’re in the market for a cake that all your guests will love, give Creative Cakes by Donna a call! She worked with us to create the PERFECT flavor combination that we knew our friends and family couldn’t resist! Our 4-tier cake featured alternating layers of Chocolate Mousse and Cookie and Cream filling between Marble cake. It. Was. DELICIOUS! Not to mention, Donna and her team made the cake look absolutely amazing with perfectly executed scrollwork directly from my Pinterest board! A HUGE thank you to her for helping my cake vision come to life! When your mother-in-law asks for that same flavor cake for her birthday this year, you KNOW it was amazing. Just the perfect finishing touch to an overall incredible day!

LOREN · Married on 09/29/2018

DELICIOUS!!! Everyone at the wedding went crazy for the cake. I chose chocolate with raspberry cream and fresh raspberries for 2 tiers and almond cake with coconut cream for the middle tier. I wish I had 2 tiers of both!!! I will buy for her cake for all special occasions going forward. LOVE!!!

Creative cakes By Donna 9
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2018

Delicious cakes!

I highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna! Our cake was not only gorgeous but was so delicious!!! Donna was so easy to work with & so helpful when offering her opinions on what would look best! The hardest part was deciding which flavor to go with because they were all amazing!!! Our guests all commented on how great the cake was!

Creative cakes By Donna 10

Roxanne · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna is not just creative, she's a cake genius. We were so impressed with her, from our first meeting to when we saw the finished piece of art. The cake itself is also delicious. We showed her a photo of a cake and she exceeded our expectations. It was absolutely gorgeous. Tell all your friends who are planning a wedding to call Donna. Thank you Donna!
    Roxanne and CJ

Creative cakes By Donna 11

Amber · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna was fantastic to work with and our cake came out even better than I was picturing in my mind. I was so happy with how it came out and the flavor was delicious as well. Everyone kept taking pictures of the cake because it was so pretty! Donna was responsive and went above and beyond for us. I cant say enough good things about Donna and the delicious cakes that she creates.

• O

Olga · Married on 08/25/2018

Donna did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding cake! Our cake was truly beautiful and matched our wedding vision perfectly, and it tasted like heaven. She was also such a pleasure to work with throughout the process, from the first tasting to the last-minute details. We couldn't have been happier.

Melissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Donna was wonderful to work with and our wedding cake came out both beautiful and delicious! The cake tasting was a great opportunity to get to know Donna and try all the delicious flavor combinations. We were having trouble choosing just one so she even made a mini cake for my husband that he could enjoy as a little extra treat! She was kind and easy to work with throughout the whole process- even when I decided to add flowers to my cake at the last minute, she ordered them and made sure they matched the rest of my arrangements. Thank you Donna!

Meg · Married on 08/10/2018

Donna was wonderful during the planning of our wedding! From our first tasting, we knew that we wanted Donna to make our wedding cupcakes! She offered a choice of amazing flavors, which was so difficult to narrow down to just three! Donna also made my husband and I a small cake to cut on our wedding day and enjoy on our first anniversary...which is especially great, because we had no cupcakes left by the end of the reception! People loved them! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Hi Meg, Congratulations to you both! So glad you loved the cupcakes! Thank you also for the review! Best of luck to you both. Donna

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2018

Donna is truly amazing, not only as a baker but as a person. She takes the time with you to go over every detail of your cake! Just talking with her you can feel her love and passion through her work. Donna’s cakes are absolutely delicious, nothing else compares! If your checking out other cake vendors, go to Donna last. You will NOT be disappointed. Donna’s cake on my wedding day was Just the same as cake tasting day! Creative Cakes by Donna is a must for wedding cakes!

Creative cakes By Donna 12
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 08/04/2018

Our wedding cake by Cakes By Donna was absolutely perfect ! She was the only tasting experience we had / needed and booked her the day of our tasting. We were blown away by how delicious multiple cake flavors /fillings of hers were.
    Prior to our tasting I had it in my head that chocolate cake wasn't a "wedding " cake but when we tried her signature chocolate raspberry cake that thought went right out the window. We picked that flavor as well as the strawberry shortcake.
    To top it off it tasted amazing and looked even better then I couldve imagined. It perfectly fit our waterfront venue.
    I froze our topper and am already dreaming of eating it again at our 1 year anniversary!
    Thank you for everything Donna we will definitely be getting cakes from you again in the future ! I can easily see this becoming an anniversary tradition :)

Creative cakes By Donna 13

Haley · Married on 07/08/2018

Donna's cakes are so delicious and she lives up to her name. She is so creative! We had one meeting with her and talked about our personal style and the theme of our wedding. We had some crazy ideas and we weren't sure if our ideas were even possible. Donna assured us that they were and we were amazed with the incredible cake that she made us! She goes above and beyond to create your dream cake, even down to the smallest details. She is also very affordable and has lots of delicious flavors to choose from!

Creative cakes By Donna 14
    Creative cakes By Donna 15
    Creative cakes By Donna 16
    Creative cakes By Donna 17

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2018

Donna created a magnificent wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding on 6/30/18. The wedding took place on Folly Farm in Simsbury, and after the bride and groom conferred with Donna, she truly understood their vision. The wedding cake that Donna created blended in seamlessly with all of the other details. The cake was simply and beautifully adorned with fresh flowers, many of which came from Donna’s garden. The buttercream frosting was expertly applied and absolutely delicious, and the Tiramisu flavor of the frosting between the marble cake layers all came together to produce a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake! We highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna!

Sent on 07/21/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Congratulations to you both Lisa. Hope your mom and dad enjoyed the anniversary cake as well.

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2018

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and the favors were delish. We choose pistachio and coconut fillings as we wanted something different and all our guest couldn’t stop raving how good it was. Donna was great in the process giving us her ideas and taking what we liked. She even gave us a light green frosting instead of the traditional white. I wish I could eat my wedding cake every day! Thank you Donna for a great experience.

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 18

Thank you Tracy. Congratulations to you both! Donna

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2018

We absolutely loved our cake ! It was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned! We got so many comments throughout the night and the next day about how delicious it was, a lot of guests said it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had ! The process of cake tasting and designing it with Donna was so fun and easy. We can’t thank Donna enough, we’re so happy with our experience !

Creative cakes By Donna 19

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2018

Donna is amazing at what she does! Our cake was amazing, our guests all raved! We couldn’t have been happier about how it turned out, thank you Donna!!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you for the support Danielle and congratulations to you both! Many years of happiness.

sandraliz · Married on 06/02/2018

It was such an awesome experience, very professional and everything came out as I wanted.

Sent on 06/13/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 20

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Congratulations to you both again and thank you for the review! I absolutely loved your cake!

Natalie · Married on 05/05/2018

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! We received many compliments about the taste of the cake. I had a specific color in mind and Donna initially didn't have it but made sure to find it for us to make our cake perfect! Thank you Donna!

Sent on 04/03/2018
    Creative cakes By Donna 21

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you for the compliments Natalie. I'm so glad you loved it. Congratulations to you both!

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2018

Creative Cakes by Donna was one of the cake vendors included in our wedding reception package with the Pond House Café. We were able to come to the Pond House for a food tasting and sampled some of Donna’s cake flavorings, and decided to go with Creative Cakes by Donna as our cake vendor. I was really impressed that her cakes not only look spectacular, they taste great too! We met with Donna on site at her bakery and were treated to even more cake varieties, which made choosing a flavor difficult as they all taste so good. Cake sampling has never been so much fun with Donna and her assistant! We wanted a cake that was simple, with textured stucco buttercream frosting and a delicious filling, and Donna even threw in a hydrangea flower for me too. I think if you want to go more elaborate than the base package offering there is an additional cost, but for what we wanted the cake was perfect. I was even able to eat a slice on my wedding day, and it was moist and delicious! I can’t wait to cut in to the top tier on our one-year anniversary. Thanks again to Creative Cakes by Donna for providing us with a wonderful cake for our wedding day.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Congratulations Elizabeth and thank you for the kind words. Best of luck to you both!

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

We had such a great experience with Creative Cakes by Donna! At the tasting, all of the flavored cakes and frostings she had available for us to try were all so delicious. We ate everything! Ultimately we decided on chocolate cake with a chocolate mocha cappuccino mousse filling. I liked that Donna call me ahead of the wedding to make sure we were still happy with our flavor choices and to confirm delivery time to our venue. She was really on top of everything which was great! I had no worries about how the cake would turn out. When we walked into our venue we were blown away with how beautiful our cake was. She used fresh red roses that cascaded down the cake. At the end of our wedding day, our family fought over who would get to bring extra cake home! Donna really helped make our big day special. Thank you!

Cristina · Married on 09/23/2017

Donna was excellent. The cake was something that kind of just fell off the list for us, and the last week as I was still working full time up until the day before was hectic. She was texting me assuring me that it would be great. The cake was beautiful and tasted fantastic

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was beautiful (exactly what we wanted!) as well as delicious. Donna was a pleasure to work with and made the process quite easy (and delicious!). I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Creative cakes By Donna's reply:

Thank you for the review Katie. Congratulations to you both and much happiness in your life.
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/03/2017

Our cake was delicious. We got so many compliments on it! Everyone loved it. And she made gluten free cupcakes for my in laws that have a gluten free allergy

Lauren · Married on 09/02/2017

Donna was so sweet and so very helpful creating our perfect wedding cake that truly reflected both our tastes. Our cake was beautiful and so delicious! I will be dreaming of anniversary tier for the whole year!

Sent on 09/11/2017