248 Reviews for Creative cakes By Donna

Groom's Cake (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Vegan (1)
248 Creative cakes By Donna Reviews

Donna is truly amazing, not only as a baker but as a person. She takes the time with you to go over every detail of your cake! Just talking with her you can feel her love and passion through her work. Donna’s cakes are absolutely delicious, nothing else compares! If your checking out other cake vendors, go to Donna last. You will NOT be disappointed. Donna’s cake on my wedding day was Just the same as cake tasting day! Creative Cakes by Donna is a must for wedding cakes!

Photo for Creative cakes By Donna Review - Lemon cake with lemon mousse filling and fresh raspberries.
Profile Picture Michelle, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna created a magnificent wedding cake for my daughter’s wedding on 6/30/18. The wedding took place on Folly Farm in Simsbury, and after the bride and groom conferred with Donna, she truly understood their vision. The wedding cake that Donna created blended in seamlessly with all of the other details. The cake was simply and beautifully adorned with fresh flowers, many of which came from Donna’s garden. The buttercream frosting was expertly applied and absolutely delicious, and the Tiramisu flavor of the frosting between the marble cake layers all came together to produce a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake! We highly recommend Creative Cakes by Donna!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and the favors were delish. We choose pistachio and coconut fillings as we wanted something different and all our guest couldn’t stop raving how good it was. Donna was great in the process giving us her ideas and taking what we liked. She even gave us a light green frosting instead of the traditional white. I wish I could eat my wedding cake every day! Thank you Donna for a great experience.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/22/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We absolutely loved our cake ! It was beautiful and exactly what we envisioned! We got so many comments throughout the night and the next day about how delicious it was, a lot of guests said it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had ! The process of cake tasting and designing it with Donna was so fun and easy. We can’t thank Donna enough, we’re so happy with our experience !

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna is amazing at what she does! Our cake was amazing, our guests all raved! We couldn’t have been happier about how it turned out, thank you Donna!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was such an awesome experience, very professional and everything came out as I wanted.

Photo for Creative cakes By Donna Review - Both the look and taste of the cake was amazing!
Profile Picture sandraliz, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! We received many compliments about the taste of the cake. I had a specific color in mind and Donna initially didn't have it but made sure to find it for us to make our cake perfect! Thank you Donna!

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Creative Cakes by Donna was one of the cake vendors included in our wedding reception package with the Pond House Café. We were able to come to the Pond House for a food tasting and sampled some of Donna’s cake flavorings, and decided to go with Creative Cakes by Donna as our cake vendor. I was really impressed that her cakes not only look spectacular, they taste great too! We met with Donna on site at her bakery and were treated to even more cake varieties, which made choosing a flavor difficult as they all taste so good. Cake sampling has never been so much fun with Donna and her assistant! We wanted a cake that was simple, with textured stucco buttercream frosting and a delicious filling, and Donna even threw in a hydrangea flower for me too. I think if you want to go more elaborate than the base package offering there is an additional cost, but for what we wanted the cake was perfect. I was even able to eat a slice on my wedding day, and it was moist and delicious! I can’t wait to cut in to the top tier on our one-year anniversary. Thanks again to Creative Cakes by Donna for providing us with a wonderful cake for our wedding day.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/28/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had such a great experience with Creative Cakes by Donna! At the tasting, all of the flavored cakes and frostings she had available for us to try were all so delicious. We ate everything! Ultimately we decided on chocolate cake with a chocolate mocha cappuccino mousse filling. I liked that Donna call me ahead of the wedding to make sure we were still happy with our flavor choices and to confirm delivery time to our venue. She was really on top of everything which was great! I had no worries about how the cake would turn out. When we walked into our venue we were blown away with how beautiful our cake was. She used fresh red roses that cascaded down the cake. At the end of our wedding day, our family fought over who would get to bring extra cake home! Donna really helped make our big day special. Thank you!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna was excellent. The cake was something that kind of just fell off the list for us, and the last week as I was still working full time up until the day before was hectic. She was texting me assuring me that it would be great. The cake was beautiful and tasted fantastic

Profile Picture Cristina, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We absolutely loved our wedding cake. It was beautiful (exactly what we wanted!) as well as delicious. Donna was a pleasure to work with and made the process quite easy (and delicious!). I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Our cake was delicious. We got so many compliments on it! Everyone loved it. And she made gluten free cupcakes for my in laws that have a gluten free allergy

Profile Picture Christina, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cupcakes

Donna was so sweet and so very helpful creating our perfect wedding cake that truly reflected both our tastes. Our cake was beautiful and so delicious! I will be dreaming of anniversary tier for the whole year!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/2/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Cake was delicious- best wedding cake I have ever had. Also, it was absolutely beautiful! So many compliments on it.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Groom's Cake

My wedding was 07/29/2016. Donna was extemly professional paying close attention to my ideas and decor for my event. Her decadent cake and stunning presentation left my guest in aww. Creative cakes comes highly recommend in my opinion as her cakes have no preservatives just be sure to have enough space to refrigerate left overs immediately. Her cakes are the best around. Also she arrived and set up the cake on time with no issues. Very professional as she has many years of experience and even has heads of state as part of her clientele.

Tiffany Mahon

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I had a wonderful experience working with Creative Cakes by Donna. She spent the time to go over every detail that I wished to include for my wedding cake. Donna helped to specifically design my cake to fit what I wanted. I was truly amazed when I saw my wedding cake for the first time; it was more beautiful than I imagined it would be! The flowers and rhinestones were a perfect touch. I highly recommend this wedding venue! Meghan and Cody Gill

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We recently worked with Donna at Creative Cakes for our wedding. I called Donna a few months before our wedding to schedule a tasting and she scheduled us to come in that week. The tasting was so much fun! Donna is so easy to talk to and she let us try a variety of her (delicious) cakes! They were so good, it was hard to choose which one we wanted. We ended up going with strawberry shortcake and it was truly delicious. When visiting Donna's bakery during our tasting, it was evident that she is a true professional and has many years of experience and expertise, not to mention that her designs are amazing. Our wedding cake came out absolutely beautiful and our guests were raving about how it tasted. Thank you Donna for creating our perfect wedding cake!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna's chocolate raspberry cake with buttercream frosting for our wedding was so, so good. The cake itself was also beautiful before we bit into it, but if you love cake - the best part is obviously eating it. Donna was super easy to work with. Whether it was scheduling our tasting (I wish I could do cake tastings all the time), providing advice during the tasting or even figuring out what flowers to put on the cake, the whole cake designing process was a breeze. I got my perfect cake and ate it too :-)

Profile Picture Megan, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery

We came across Cakes by Donna because it was one of the options for cake provided in our wedding package from our venue. After reading some reviews, we just had to find out for ourselves what made these cakes so special. When we met with Donna, we got to try a wide variety of different cakes and flavors. There were so many great options it was a bit difficult to finalize our choice (ultimately we chose the strawberry shortcake..highly recommend it!). During the appointment, we got to know Donna better and felt like she really took an interest in getting to know us. It was definitely a very personalized experience, one that you won't get everywhere you go. After tasting the cakes, there was no question in our minds that we had to have Donna make our wedding cake. I loved the sample so much I couldn't wait for the real cake! When I saw the cake on our wedding day, I was absolutely blown away. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! It looked even better than I could have ever imagined and hoped for. Not only was it the best looking cake I had ever seen, but the taste was just perfect! Our only regret was that we were so consumed with everything going on throughout the night that we barely had an opportunity to eat more than a couple bites of the cake. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be contacting Donna for all future cake orders and will recommend her to all of our friends when they are planning their weddings!

Profile Picture User5208828, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

Donna did such a wonderful job with our wedding cake! It looked beautiful and was delicious. Even my super picky in-laws loved it! Donna was helpful in answering all my questions along the way and always got back to me very quickly. She is definitely the best!

Profile Picture Tara, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna was extremely accommodating, and the cake turned out AMAZING! The cake was delicious, and it was decorated exactly to my liking. There was a huge snowstorm the day of our cake tasting, and Donna let us come anyways and she squeezed us in (even though we were an hour late). All the guests loved the cake, it was beautiful and delicious! I'm not sure what her pricing was, as it was included in the cost of our venue, but I'm sure she's worth whatever she charges!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/24/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

We booked Creative Cakes by Donna through the Society Room. Donna did a great job with our cake, it was beautiful and we received so many compliments on how delicious it was.

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/1/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Amazing! Our wedding cake was delicious! We went with an orange creamsicle cake with fresh strawberries on the inside. It was out of this world. Donna is so amazing to work with too! Our cake looked so beautiful and there were so many wonderful details on the cake that I didn't want to cut into it! Definitely go with her if you are thinking about a cake! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Erica, 12/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Donna is AMAZING!!!! I am still dreaming of our cake and how beautiful it came out. And our guests are still talking about how amazing the cake was. I couldn't have asked for anything more stunning and breathtaking... it was truly a piece of art.

Profile Picture User7505268, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews