Crazy Dutchman Catering Reviews

78 Reviews for Crazy Dutchman Catering

• Brigetta

Brigetta · Married on 11/11/2018

The Best Caterer in Charleston

Crazy Dutchman was PHENOMENAL! Everyone kept coming up to the us telling us how amazing the food was. Service was top notch. Everything about CDC was a 10/10!!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Crazy Dutchman Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! We had are so happy we could make your special day as stress free and fun as possible. Congratulations!

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2018

Crazy Dutchman was recommended to me by my wedding planner, and I am so thankful to her for that! I cannot imagine a better balance of quality and price point exists anywhere else in Charleston. In fact, my father-in-law (a very practical, money-smart engineering type) saw my wedding catering quote and decided to use them for our rehearsal dinner too. Their service, responsiveness, and friendliness are top-notch, and the food is so delicious! In fact, we were told we would get a take-home bag of food in our limo at the end of the night, but there was none because the food was so amazing my guests CLEANED THEM OUT. (To be clear, I think this was an extremely good sign and high praise for Crazy Dutchman, and not their fault at all!) My guests raved about the food at both events, and they made things easy for us at every step of the way. I'm even a shrimp and grits snob (and I order it at every opportunity), and the shrimp and grits at my wedding was among the best I've ever had. Thank you Crazy Dutchman for a stellar wedding weekend!

Denise · Married on 05/25/2018

Look no further! Delicious food! Wide variety of flexible menu options! Professional staff!

Mariah · Married on 05/06/2018

Crazy Dutchman catering provided the food at my wedding this May and it was so delicious! Everyone loved it and said they couldn't stop eating it! We did the station style buffet and that worked out perfectly for us since we wanted more food options. We also had food at cocktail hour which people have said it was so good. Their food is so delicious and their catering services were great!

Kendal · Married on 04/20/2018

We are so so thankful for Crazy Dutchman and their crew for helping us have the BEST wedding food. We searched tirelessly for a catering company for our wedding and were so disappointed by the small portions and unimpressive quality we kept finding at our tastings. We had a very conservative budget but were determined to find GOOD food. Finally, we found Crazy Dutchman and got everything we wanted on our menu (& more) for a price that we were comfortable with. We did a "Charleston" themed menu since most our guests traveled from California and boy was it a hit. We had a couple appetizers during cocktail hour and then for the main dinner had pulled pork, chicken quarters, red rice with sausage, pimento mac n cheese, coleslaw, cornbread, salad and peach cobbler and banana pudding for dessert. IT WAS AMAZING! We have been to nearly 20 weddings and have never left feeling full or satisfied... but this meal left everyone full and happy! So many people complimented us day of and sent texts after raving about how delicious our food was. So many brides and grooms had also told us we wouldn't eat at our wedding and to prepare to go home hungry... well that was not the case for us. Crazy Dutchman prepared us HUGE plates and made sure we got to eat at the reception and then packed us two take home containers full for the night of. We thought that was it until we went home the next day to find our fridge full of massive trays of more leftovers! We now don't have to start married life off hungry... or cooking! Yay! We also had Crazy Dutchman do our bar service, they did an amazing job with that as well! We had two different bars and no one left thirsty :) We are so happy we found Crazy Dutchman and hope to use them again very soon for more parties, gatherings in the future! You will not be disappointed with this team!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Crazy Dutchman Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for such high praise! We are honored to have been such a positive part of your wedding day! Please keep us in mind for you or your friends next event and follow us on Instagram @CrazyDutchmanCatering.

Natalie · Married on 03/30/2018

I had an unbelievable experience with Crazy Dutchman Catering! I was planning a wedding in Folly Beach from Chicago and was extremely nervous on choosing my vendors. I reached out to a handful of caterers and none of them were as responsive and proactive as Crazy Dutchman. They were in constant communication with me and were extremely flexible. They heard what I was looking for and needed very little direction from me. We had our food catered through them, our bar and our rentals! All of my guests raved about the food, I had a lot of people say that this was the best meal they have had at a wedding, which is a HUGE compliment. I cannot recommend Crazy Dutchman Catering enough. Thank you for everything!

Nicholas · Married on 02/09/2018

Crazy Dutchman was recommended to us by a family friend who was beyond thrilled with how their services worked out for their event. We began discussing menus and after we received our first estimate, were sold on the value. We wanted to have a reception menu that reflected "us" and had items we both loved. After some back and forth between my bride and I, we committed to a menu and scheduled a tasting at their offices. This was one of the more fun aspects of wedding plan in our opinion and we highly recommend doing so if you can. Eating in front of someone who is not also eating is a tad awkward, but they take detailed notes if you want items to be seasoned differently or something does not suit. Everything we tried we liked and were excited to share with our guests.

During the tasting we were able to modify a few other items to include the plates and utensils from their baseline and see what the options were. We opted to use disposable hard plastic plates that looked like fine china with silver plastic utensils, which saved us nearly $1k in china rentals and reduced the overall labor cost. Another neat part of the tasting experience is seeing all the notes on the walls thanking this catering company for donating all the leftover food from their events to the Crisis Ministries.

Our guests LOVED the food at the reception and no one went home hungry. Our coordinator had a staff that brought plates of food from all three stations to our sweetheart table. Our only regret is that we were not able to eat more, but as the bride and groom, that's how it goes. They made sure we had to go boxes to take as we departed the reception which were greatly appreciated after a wonderful and busy day.

From the very start everything was upfront and we always felt we could reach with any questions that were answered in a timely manner. We would love to use them again highly recommend them for your catering needs. You will not be disappointed.

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

We had Crazy Dutchman Catering provide a lowcountry boil with sides and drinks for our rehearsal dinner, and everything was simply perfect. We hosted the dinner in our back yard, and they showed up early to get the boil going so it would ready to serve at the designated time. The food was delicious, and they packed up all the leftovers for us to keep. Working with Hans through the planning and asking questions stages was also incredibly easy. He was flexible in taking our calls outside of work hours (since we were 2 time zones away) and was straightforward with information and pricing. Great experience!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Sarah,
    We are so glad that you felt taken care of by Hans and our whole team. The last thing any bride to be needs is more stress! Please keep us in mind for you or your friends next event and follow us on Instagram @CrazyDutchmanCatering. And also, CONGRATULATIONS!

Shelby · Married on 06/10/2017

Crazy Dutchman was a dream to work with for our recent wedding. They were responsive, courteous, and extremely professional. We had a number of last minute changes to the menu and they were able to accommodate all of them. The food was delicious and we had several compliments on how good it was from our guests.

Christina · Married on 06/02/2017

The quality of food is amazing. Everyone enjoyed the buffet and appetizers provided by Crazy Dutchman. Great flavors and a great price. We were originally going to do a food truck thinking it was cheaper having looked at other caterers in Charleston, but Crazy Dutchman was the best value we found in the end. And we're so glad we went with them because their food was PHENOMENAL. There were multiple revisions to our menu throughout the lead up to our wedding and they worked with us every step of the way. We feel totally confident recommending Crazy Dutchman to anyone looking for a caterer

Emma · Married on 05/28/2017

Crazy Dutchman makes really delicious food and is by far the most reasonably priced caterer I had found in Charleston. I can't count many people were raving about how unbelievably good the food was - many people went back for seconds. We were able to do a tasting to make sure we liked the menu we picked, and also got the chance to plan out any additional add-ons we wanted. The CDC Bar was also very affordable and had many options for all tastes. They also cut SUPER happy with my catering choice!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Crazy Dutchman Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Emma! We pride ourselves on providing great food at an affordable price. Please keep us in mind for you or your friends next event and follow us on Instagram @CrazyDutchmanCatering. Congratulations on having such a wonderful wedding!

Tracy · Married on 05/21/2017

An amazing assortment of food. Got a lot of great compliments on the food that was available.

Keri · Married on 04/28/2017

We had a perfect experience with CDC! They were so easy to work with, always quick to respond and were always such a pleasure! The food was amazing for our wedding and we had the best service! We HIGHLY recommend them!

Terri · Married on 04/07/2017

We used Crazy Dutchman for our catering for our reception, appetizers for cocktail hour, and our bar service. Hans and his crew were very helpful throughout the process in helping us determine our menu and drinks. The food was amazing and our guests still weeks later are telling me how good the food and drinks were! I would not have changed anything about the process in working with this company and would highly suggest them to anyone looking for a caterer for their event! I would suggest many of their food items, but the pulled pork sliders, bruschetta, mac and cheese, potato bar, and spinach and artichoke dip were by far the favorites!

We used them for our wedding for food and bar. They were amazing when it came to our food and changing certain parts of it. The price was great and the service was great. Our guest raved about how great our food was. They left us meals to eat after the wedding which was the best thing ever. They came in set up and left without us even knowing. They were so professional, clean and tasty!

• Z

Zach · Married on 10/15/2016

On the day of your wedding, every detail counts. And on our wedding day, the catering company detail, couldn't have been any better! Not only was the food exceelent (we received many compliments from guests gushing about the food), the set up was top notch! They really used the space we had optimally. During the actual event, the staff was perfect. They were always around, helping clean up, clearing tables for guests, yet never seemed to be "in the way." Everyone on staff was extremely professional, yet personable. We loved having the Crazy Duthman Catering Company work our wedding, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

adina · Married on 10/01/2016

We loved them from the start. Hans is so kind and gave us such great advice, well before we were even ready to book our venue and do tastings. I never felt like he was pushy or sales-y. He gave his honest opinion and taught us a lot about the low country, as we were planning our wedding from Chicago. We really appreciated it, especially considering there was no guarantee we were going to go with Crazy Dutchman Catering in the first place. That really stood out to me and showed how they are genuinely great people.

Once our venues were booked, we went to CDC for a tasting and loved them. They let us taste almost the entire menu, and it was incredible. They always kept our budget in mind and suggested effective ways to cut down on costs. They were very, very helpful and professional.

We worked with Brooke during the wedding planning process and she was incredibly professional, fair, easy to work with and she always had our budget and best interests in mind. She gave so many great recommendations, and also took care of our rentals, which was actually cheaper than doing it on our own. What a relief, especially since we were planning from Chicago!

CDC did a low country boil for our rehearsal dinner and then all of the food and bars at our wedding the following day. We are STILL getting compliments on how incredible their food was for both nights. Everyone is still drooling over their food - they are THAT good.

Their staff was wonderful, professional, well-prepared, friendly and my guests and I appreciated all of their hard work. They made our rehearsal and wedding night go perfectly. We couldn't have had a better experience!

Kaila · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and I are SO happy we chose to use Crazy Dutchman Catering for our wedding day! We live in Northern Virginia and we did all the planning for our wedding from there. Brooke and everyone at Crazy Dutchman were absolutely wonderful to work with! People keep telling us how much they loved the food! They were so professional and I would recommend them to anyone. If you're looking for a caterer do not hesitate booking them, they are wonderful!!!!

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2016

We absolutely loved working with Crazy Dutchman Catering for our wedding at the Cooper River Room on July 29th, 2015 --the food was amazing, the service was top notch, and they were so quick to respond to any and all of our questions. Hans and Brooke designed an incredibly delicious "stations" based menu, along with fantastic appetizers, and beer/wine service to fit our tight budget. Our guests especially loved the Lowcountry Boil and BBQ sliders stations! They even put together to go boxes of food for us to take home (we didn't have much time to eat). We very highly recommend Crazy Dutchman Catering!! They are amazing!

The entire Crazy Dutchman team was wonderful to work with from our first tasting, until after the wedding! Several guests commented on how delicious the food was and what a wide array of choices we had for every eater. We also used their bar service and did rentals through them and it couldn't have been easier. Highly recommend Hans and the CD team!

Malea · Married on 05/05/2016

All of our guests were happy and satisfied with all the options we chose. Hans and his team were great! Very responsive and made sure there were never empty/dirty plates just lying around. And the line stayed full.

Korissa · Married on 04/29/2016

I used crazy dutchman for my rehearsal dinner and my wedding. I still have people raving about how good the food was!! They made sure that we had plenty of food and didn't run out. They also did our bar at the wedding. Everything turned out perfectly. Hans was easy to communicate with and made everything very customized. I would absolutely use them again!
    -Korissa

• W

Whitney · Married on 04/23/2016

We used Crazy Dutchman for our rehearsal and are so very glad that we did! We wanted a very southern menu and Hans came up with the perfect solution - low country boil, BBQ, and an oyster roast. We had the rehearsal dinner in the back yard of the house where we were staying and they provided absolutely everything we needed. The staff (thank you Bill and John!) were so attentive and professional. They set everything up and cleaned up and we didn't have to worry about anything.

The oysters were fresh and local and everything was delicious. I would have gladly used them for our reception if our venue wasn't all-inclusive. :)

Great and easy to work with. Very kind and delicious food!

sandra · Married on 09/19/2015

Hans and Brooke at Crazy Dutchman exceeded my expectations for our wedding reception (250 people!) We had many compliments on the food and the friendliness of the staff. Brooke and Hans were extremely helpful in the planning stages and make extra efforts to accommodate our personal preferences. Many thanks for helping make the wedding so special! Sandra Anderson