Craven Farm Inc. Reviews

15 | Snohomish, WA

15 Reviews for Craven Farm Inc.

Jasmine · Married on 08/11/2018

I loved having my wedding at Craven. We looked at 16 venues total and this one was by far my favorite. We had tons of kids at the wedding so it was great to have a play area. There was so many different spaces to work with and the cravens are just swell. I also loved all of the rental options at the venue!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Elisa · Married on 08/28/2016

Craven Farm checked all the boxes for us, from availability, flexibility on rentals, size of venue and had great recommended vendors for catering etc. Judy and Mark were a pleasure to work with and our wedding came out beautifully at the farm.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Craven Farm Inc.'s reply:

Thank you for the kind words Elisa! We are so happy that your day turned out perfectly! It was a pleasure to have you guys here for your wedding day!

Amber · Married on 08/12/2016

I was SOOO impressed with Mark and Judy at Craven Farm. They are flexible, considerate and professional. Mark has a very "Can DO" attitude and was there when we needed him. When our caterer was no where to be found 4 - 5 hours AFTER he was supposed to show up Mark was on the phone helping me call him and leave messages about what was going on! Mark even offered to help us find back up day of catering and was ready to tend bar himself if needed. Thankfully our caterer had decided to do his prep work off site and eventually showed up. But Mark really helped keep us at ease feeling like our wedding reception would happen no matter what! And the venue is just beautiful! I loved how the little sparkle lights in the barn are included, looks amazing at night.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2014

What a wonderful place to celebrate! The small lawns for cocktail hour, the big field open to the sky for the ceremony, the barn for dinner/dancing and the play area was a bonus for the kids. The rose arbor is so beautiful for the entrance to the field. And the 2nd barn could have been used for unplanned rain during the ceremony. Mark and Judy were both responsive and professional, but Mark was a special gem letting us come by for extra planning times as long as he was around. And on the day of, he totally went the extra mile for us to get everything set and perfect. Totally a value!

Sent on 04/04/2015

Stephanie · Married on 08/01/2014

I just got married here August 1, 2014 and couldn't have asked for a more amazing venue! I got so many compliments from my guests on how beautiful the venue was. It's such a great rustic venue, that comes with a great price. It doesn't break your bank, and actually allows you to enjoy every other aspect of your wedding because I didn't blow out my bank just on my venue.
    Mark and Judy that own it are incredible! They are excellent and responding back to my emails and phone calls, and beyond generous and caring. They were hugely helpful in helping set up my big day, and anything I needed, they were there in a flash. I can't enough amazing things about the crew here, and the venue. If I could give it more than a 5 / 5 star rating I absolutely would!

If you're looking for an amazing, breath-taking place to get married.... Craven Farm is the place to go!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Jahmie · Married on 06/22/2014

I loved getting married at Craven Farm! It was such an ideal place for an outdoor, fairly big, wedding. Mark and Judy were willing to go the extra mile to make our day special, and were easy to work with. They were very organized and prepared the day of which made setting up flow smoothly. The barn is beautiful by itself, so it was really simple to decorate, and the lawn right outside was perfect for games and was great extra space for our guests as well. Having the valley with mountains as a backdrop during our ceremony was breathtaking and I really could not have asked for more with this perfect location!

Sent on 09/05/2014
  • FutureMrsHart<3

Kyleah · Married on 08/13/2016

I can't express how happy I am that my husband and I chose to have our wedding at Craven! Judy and Mark were absolutely amazing, and time we needed to come see the venue with our coordinator or caterer or family members they were more than accommodating!
    We have had so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, and we could not be happier. We had about 200 people at our ceremony/reception and we fit everyone comfortably in the main barn. It was in the low 90's that day - and Mark provided air conditioning in the brides room, which we couldn't have gotten through the day without. Thank you Mark & Judy - you guys are truly the BEST!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/27/2014

Such a beautiful location that it did not require much extra decoration. Mark and Judy are very flexible and easy to work with. They were able to give us advice on the best ways to set up the space. We rented all tables chairs and linens through them which was great because when we realized day of that we were short a table they were able to just pull out another one for us.

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/19/2012

Marc and Judy Craven own a beautiful property with amazing possibilities for any major event, wedding or otherwise. The original barn is wonderfully laid out, with plenty of room for at least a 100 guests, a bar, a dance floor and room to socialize. The grounds are beautiful and the corn and pumpkins are in abundance at the end of August, beginning of September. Marc and Judy provide a presence at the wedding to help with any issues, but are also very considerate of the important time being spent with friends and family. Overall, a wonderful place to get married!

Sent on 09/14/2012
  • User4319849 · 2+ years ago

Craven is such a beautiful place to have a wedding. They're flexible, good-natured and willing to listen to my ideas and work with me for my wedding. They had great recommendations for caterers. The only downfall is we wanted a tent placed out in the yard and we HAD to go with a certain company per Craven Farm and they were more expensive than renting the whole farm. If you don't need a tent, this venue is a steal!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Katie · Married on 08/04/2018

We used Craven Farm as our wedding venue and had an absolutely lovely time - the venue is spectacular, especially for a summer time wedding, and included unique / beautiful spaces for all parts of our wedding, including the ceremony. Strongly recommend having dancing in the pole barn, as we were guided to have dancing in the big barn and the inside got too hot for dancing or for moving. Great kitchen, facilities and views at sunset!

Sent on 08/07/2018

3.5

We haven't had our wedding yet, but the process leading up to it has been easy and fun with the Cravens. They are willing to help in any way they can and are very interested in making sure we have what we want on our day. Mark and Judy are fantastic.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Lindsey · Married on 01/18/2014

3.0
      3.5

The owners were amazing and extremely flexible with accommodating us. They allowed us multiple tours throughout the place to plan everything we need. They were making adjustments to some of their structures during the planning process. Some of them we weren't sure they were actually going to be done in time, but they delivered everything they promised! Mark and Judy are both busy and sometimes unable to respond to emails quickly, but they are comfortable enough to lend out their cell phone numbers. I had forgotten to request a certain rental piece, but they were able to easily accommodate me on the day of. Mark stayed throughout the entire event to make sure everything was stocked and going correctly. The place was amazing and they were lenient on nailing things into the barn wall, which was a nice touch.

Sent on 02/21/2014

Patti · Married on 07/21/2018

3.8
      3.5

It turned out to be a perfect day, but I would say they can improve in their responsiveness as well as their communication. Overall it all turned out perfect, Mark and Judy are truly lovely and now Kimi is great (which helps with communication). But I would say to consider that you need to pay for each chair, table, bar area, additional rentals when you are budgeting for your wedding as none of that is included.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/16/2016

3.6
      3.0
      2.0

I have many mixed feelings about Craven Farm. While the venue is beautiful and a wonderful place to have a wedding, there is one issue: the owners. Mark and Judy Craven, the owners of the venue, could not be more different. Mark is kind, helpful, responsive, and enthusiastic. On the other hand, Judy may be one of the rudest people I have ever had the displeasure of working with. From the very beginning when we first toured the venue, Judy seemed to have an attitude and constantly be grumpy. We decided that the beauty of the venue and Mark's jolly demeanor made up for it, and we gladly booked their services.

Throughout the wedding planning process, we worked mostly with Mark. He was very helpful when I had questions. On the few occasions where I was forced to get help from Judy, I would often get curt responses such as "well, if you read your contract you'd see that...", etc. The real problem came the day of the wedding. I was extremely stressed (as most brides will be) and we were running behind for photos. My photographer asked me if we were ready to start photos, and I replied "we could, if my sister would get her a** over here." Judy, who was standing nearby and heard this, immediately started yelling at me and berating me as if I were a child. She yelled "how dare you speak like that on my farm. You need to watch your damn mouth right now or you can leave." I immediately burst into tears, threw my bouquet at one my bridesmaids, and ran into the barn. I wasn't there to witness it, but apparently several of my bridesmaid and my groom shared their feelings with Judy for her unprofessional and unnecessary behavior. I have never been more embarrassed or upset, and the experience practically ruined my wedding for me. Buyer be warned, Craven is beautiful and Mark is great, but avoid Judy at all costs!!

Sent on 07/27/2016