Cover Story Entertainment Reviews

121 Reviews for Cover Story Entertainment

Cover Story Entertainment 1
Cover Story Entertainment 2

Emily · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing band- highly recommend!

We hired Cover Story Entertainment for our wedding on September 21st and they were amazing. Chris was very responsive and easy to work. The band sounded great and kept everyone dancing all night. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Danielle Carbonneau · Married on 09/14/2019

Glad I chose Cover Story!

Cover Story played my wedding and they were amazing! I went with the 4 person band, and they got everyone on the dance floor having the time of their lives. So happy I went with Cover Story!!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 09/14/2019

Worth every single penny—and more!

Cover Story was amazing. We got the full band service, and not one part of me regrets dedicating part of our budget to them. These musicians are so talented, and they know how to play together (because they do it all the time! It's not just a bunch of random people assigned the week of). They were full of energy and so much fun. I loved the way they came onto the dance floor and engaged with me, my husband, and our friends and family. We had 50+ people on the dance floor for 3 hours straight because it was just such a good time. I miss it, and I hope to get to Portsmouth or Boston to see one of their non-wedding shows soon. Thanks so much, Chris and team! The entire experience from start to finish was great.

Sent on 10/20/2019

Marie Hoffman · Married on 09/01/2019

Excellent!

Cover Story was responsive, professional and prompt from beginning to end. And they sounded amazing. Our goal was for every wedding guest to be on the dance floor and Cover Story delivered. Their song repertoire is extensive and we especially appreciated how flexible they were with customizing it and how astute they were with reading the crowd. And they have a fantastic visual presentation as well. We had experienced them a few years ago at another wedding and never forgot them, so thrilled to have had them play at our celebration.

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/01/2019

Fantastic Band!!

Cover Story Entertainment was amazing! My wedding was over Labor Day and our guests are still commenting on how fabulous the band was. I can't say enough good things about Kyle Champeon, the vocalist Katie, and the band- they got people up and dancing almost as soon as they started playing! Katie's voice is phenomenal and Kyle and the band were just awesome and read the energy of the room well. We extended the wedding past the planned end time because everyone was having so much fun dancing. I recommend them 150%!!! Chris is very easy to work with and responsive and transparent with all details. Definitely 5 stars!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Bethany

bethany holmander · Married on 08/17/2019

the best night of our lives

Do not let the reasonable price confuse you - this is a top notch band. Our guests were blown away by their awesome performance and they had us dancing all night. Chris was really professional and easy to work with through the planning process. They had me screaming (almost crying) at how they absolutely nailed our song requests. I wish I could re-live this over and over and my biggest disappointment is not getting a videographer to capture how truly amazing they were. Thank you cover story! you guys rock!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Sydney · Married on 05/19/2019

Unbelievable!!!!

Chris and the band made our wedding night unforgettable!!! We were hesitant at first about splurging on a band rather than going with a DJ, but we were SO glad we went for it and picked Cover Story. Chris kept our families and entire bridal party organized and on cue for the introductions- which was so helpful.
    Not only was the team professional and organized from start to finish- but they kept everyone on the dance floor for HOURS. Seriously, the dance floor was packed all night, which is exactly what we wanted! Even my grandpa who has severe arthritis got up there and danced with us! Their energy and talent was palpable. My feet ached at the end of the night (a good sign) but I was beyond happy with the outcome. They sounded incredible, and even played a couple extra songs for us as an encore because everyone was having such a great time. They played exactly the style of music we asked for and kept the energy alive all night. They took maybe 1-2 breaks for 10 minutes or so, and had a DJ playing during those times, which was perfect and a great chance to play some fun dance songs.
    The search for a band can be super overwhelming- but seriously, you will not be disappointed with this band.
    I cannot recommend Cover Story highly enough!!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!!!!

The band was amazing!! They even learned a unique song I requested and played it perfectly. They had everyone up and dancing, and literally NO issues! The first thing my mother said to me was how much she LOVED the band.

Highly recommend for weddings and other events

Sent on 06/03/2019

Tim Banker · Married on 05/11/2019

Lively, Fun and Very Accommodating

Chris and Cover Story were really easy to work with - from the initial calls to discuss our style, meeting up to preview the band at a show, tailoring the set list, working in a special dance and allowing a family member to play a few songs. We had our first dance choreographed and they nailed the song timing having only seen us practice on video. They were on time, very professional, yet fun and knew how to work the crowd so everyone had a blast. The ceremony music and cocktail hour was perfect background and then they came alive during the reception. Their sound is great and versatile and energy is viral - so much that people got up in the middle of dinner to dance and stayed there all night. (+ an unexpected encore!)

Cover Story gets my highest of recommendations. So many guests gave us shout outs after the wedding about them!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Charles Qin · Married on 04/05/2019

Easy to work with, a hit with our guests!

While our final deposit was delayed in getting to its final destination by
    mail, Chris was adamant that we should not have to worry about that the
    week before our wedding. The entire process from booking to pre-wedding
    phone call to the day of the wedding went incredibly smoothly. And most
    importantly, their music and style appealed to all of our guests across all
    age ranges!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Katie · Married on 12/01/2018

Cover Story did not disappoint!

Cover Story did not disappoint! We first saw them perform at a friend's wedding a few years back, where we found ourselves to be the first on the dance floor and the last to leave - and the same went for our wedding in April! The dance floor was full all evening and our guests are STILL raving about the music. We definitely recommend Chris and the team - they're awesome!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Alison · Married on 11/10/2018

Book Them!!

Where do I even begin! Cover Story was amazing from start to finish at our wedding 11/10/18. Chris was excellent to deal with throughout the entire process and so was the rest of their team. They were on top of everything to make sure everything was perfect. Our wedding was amazing and we owe that to cover story. From the moment the dance floor opened, no one sat down the entire night. My husband is a drummer and they allowed him to sit in with the band which was really nice and definitely a really memorable moment. Our guests had so much fun and I keep hearing 'your band was awesome!' They really exceeded our expectations. We would recommend Cover Story to anyone! They were the highlight of our wedding! I am trying to convince my now husband to book them for my birthday party LOL. Thank you again Chris & Cover Story!!! - Alison & Frank

Sent on 11/28/2018

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Alison, your wedding at Lake View Pavillion was absolutely beautiful and Cover Story is honored to have been a part of your special day! Not only that, but we are so happy to hear how we made your special day enjoyable and memorable for you, your family, and friends. Congratulations again!

Jenny · Married on 09/22/2018

Could not have been happier with Cover Story for our Wedding. Our guests raved about the band and we absolutely loved them. They even were able to do a special request song live for our first dance. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/29/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 09/22/2018

These guys did a great job. Everyone loved the group - especially the female vocalist. They were able to accommodate the venue's requirement for non-amplified music as well.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Kelsey · Married on 09/22/2018

We booked Fil Pacino’s 5 piece band (EBS) through Cover Story Entertainment and they were AMAZING!! Our wedding was on Block island so required some logistical coordination and Chris and the team were super thorough, pulling off an amazing day for us. Played the best music and nailed all our requested tracks. A dance party for the books!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Ryan · Married on 09/08/2018

Cover story rocked my wedding!!!! I knew that for my crowd a rocking band was a must. I listened to all samples, watched every video, and read every review... Chris and his entire team were on top of their game the entire time. I got everything and more I could have asked for. The pricing was very fair and we could not have been happier. Trust me on this just go with them, they control and take care of the entire night, it’s like having another wedding planner!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

lauren · Married on 07/26/2018

The band was very professional and created great energy for our work outing and had people dancing. We would definitely recommend them for all types of events and will use them again where possible! Thanks to Chris and crew.

Sent on 07/27/2018

Jess · Married on 06/09/2018

Cover Story was awesome! They performed at my brother's wedding in 2015 and we used them again for all of our music – acoustic guitar for outdoor ceremony, keyboard and vocalist for cocktail hour, and a full band with extra horns for our indoor barn reception – at our wedding in the Berkshires. Chris was so easy and flexible to work with for planning and logistics. And the quality of the vocalists, which was very important to me, is really awesome live – a lot better than the recorded videos you can watch online. Cover Story feels like a hidden gem given their quality and their very reasonable price point relative to other bands.

Thanks, Chris and team for an awesome experience! We loved working with you all!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Jess, thank you for choosing Cover Story Entertainment for your special day at the elegant Gedney Farm. We are not only honored to have been a part of your brother's wedding, but we are equally honored to have been a part of your wedding day as well! We are not only happy to hear that our musical accompaniment added a special touch to your day, but we are also happy knowing that we have exceeded your expectations. Congratulations again!

Bethany · Married on 04/27/2018

We had our wedding this past weekend and we truly could not recommend Cover Story more. We initially went to see them play in Portsmouth. Chris took the time to introduce himself and hear about our wedding. During planning they were extremely responsive and answered all of our questions. On the actual night of our wedding the band was truly phenomonal. They accommodated all of our requests and even learned to play specific songs that were important to us. The dance floor was packed from the moment they started and playing and they never even took a break. They totally understood our vision of what we were looking for. I had people stopping me all night asking where we found our band and saying they were the best they’d ever seen at a wedding. Our wedding was truly the perfect night, and I can’t thank Chris and Cover Story enough!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Bethany, we first would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to come see Cover Story band perform at our Portsmouth gig, it was nice meeting you! We would also like to thank you for choosing us to perform at your wedding at the Beauport Hotel. It has been a pleasure being able to provide musical entertainment for you and your guests and being able to make your wedding dreams a reality. Congratulations again!

Tim · Married on 01/20/2018

Cover Story Band was an absolute blast, and we’re more than happy that they were able to perform at our Wedding. They were both professional and fun. We received numerous compliments from our guests about Cover Story, and we couldn’t envision a better experience. My wife is from Brazil and they were able to accommodate Bossa Nova style music for cocktail hour and even played a few extra Brazilian songs throughout the evening.

In addition to the band and DJ, we used their up-lighting and Photobooth services - which put everything over the top. The up-lighting provided a warm ambiance and the photobooth produced endless entertainment for our guests. We received a completed photobooth albulm - which is always great to look over after the wedding.

We want to thank Chris and the Band for helping make our special day a little bit extra special.

Sent on 02/07/2018
    Cover Story Entertainment 3
    Cover Story Entertainment 4

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Tim, thank you for choosing Cover Story Entertainment for your wedding at the stunning mountainside Killington Grand Resort Hotel. We are so happy we were able to provide you with musical entertainment that accommodated the musical style you were looking for, a fun photo booth, and uplighting that gave your wedding the perfect touch. Congratulations again!

Meaghan · Married on 01/06/2018

Amazing! The band was awesome, friendly, interactive - playing a variety of music from all genres! Easy to work with setting up the gig as well - thank you so much!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2017

We hired Cover Story 4 to play at my husbands 40th birthday party. They were truly amazing and completely exceeded our expectations. They played everything we could have wanted them to play and very well too. The singer especially blew us away. He will be famous one day. :) Thanks again. Hire this band!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

Cover Story did an amazing job at our wedding, I'm so happy that we ended up going with them. We received so many compliments from our guests about what an amazing job they did with the music. They had a great flow of music for the night, they were easy going and accommodating, and had everyone dancing and enjoying the night. I would highly recommend Cover Story Entertainment to anyone looking to book a band for an upcoming wedding or event.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Durinda · Married on 09/16/2017

Let's be real, without a good band you are screwed! COVER STORY ROCKED IT! Made the wedding perfect! We got as much positive feedback on the band as we did the dress! Professional, affordable, kind, sweet, just wonderful to work with!
    Would hire them again and again! Thank you for EVERYTHING!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Andrew · Married on 09/09/2017

Wow, where to start?! My wife and I planned our wedding from across the country, so picking a band was no easy task. We relied upon previous reviews of Cover Story 2.0 and videos on YouTube. We were obviously a little nervous when the big day came around, but every single second the band was performing was absolutely amazing. They did an amazing job keeping the flow of the wedding between speeches, dinner, and dancing. They kept the mood going, playing a wide variety of music. Our guests were on the dance floor the entire evening. The acoustic guitar during our cocktail hour was also a solid touch.

Working with Chris and team before the wedding was also extremely easy. He kept it honest, and guided us through the whole process. We were so impressed by the performance, AND the band was well within our budget. Would highly recommend to any couple looking for a kick ass band to play your wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Andrew, thank you for choosing Cover Story Entertainment to perform at your wedding at the charming Nonantum Resort. We greatly appreciate the amount of trust you had in Cover Story throughout the planning process leading up to your big day! We are so happy to know you and your guests were satisfied and enjoyed our musical entertainment throughout the night. Congratulations again!