Cover Story Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Rick
    Rick K. Getting married on 04/06/2022

Great to work with

While we unfortunately had to cancel our wedding due to COVID, Chris and Cover Story were great to work with throughout the process. They were very flexible and easy to work with during these challenging times. We would definitely recommend working with them and look forward to being able to hire them in the future.
    David K. Married on 07/24/2021

Best Possible Band Experience - Highly Recommend

Cover Story Entertainment provided the perfect band for our wedding reception. Everyone was dancing within a few notes of their first song. They truly heightened the fun for all of the guests.

The band was very organized an easy to work with in the planning phase. We are still getting compliments from guests on how great the band was. I would highly recommend other couples to hire Cover Story for their wedding band!
    Tyler M. Married on 07/02/2021

Great service and performance

Chris and the band were great! Kept the great songs flowing and everyone enjoyed the photo booth.
    Jennifer R. Married on 09/18/2020

100% fantastic. Highly recommend

Chris is fantastic to work with. The band sounds great and The system they have set up is super fast, easy, and responsive! He really took the time to listen to what I was looking for and came up with a solution if any problem arose. Communication and transparency is key and I feel as if that is what I got from them. I would highly recommend!
  • Julia
    Julia G. Married on 08/22/2020

You need to book this band!

Cover Story is amazing! We come from a big musical family and having a stellar band was a non-negotiable. Due to COVID we had to ultimately cancel our wedding, however we still wanted to leave a 5 star review for how great we think they are. Chris was always very communicative, professional, and flexible throughout all of our coordination. We really loved the selection and variety of songs the band offers and how organized and straightforward the selection process was for the different moments of the night (intros, first dances, cake cutting, etc.). Some of our family members were able to scope Cover Story out live before we'd booked - and they absolutely raved about the skill level and fun vibes the band gave off. Our recommendation is do not hesitate to book them for your next event!
  • Angelo
    Angelo Married on 10/12/2019

Exclamation point on a perfect event

Coverstory were a pleasure to work with and made our big day truly special.

We hired them for acoustic guitar for the ceremony & dinner (tremendous touch and he even played songs we had requested), piano during cocktail hour, uplighting, and most importantly DJ.

Omari was the DJ and kept the night moving from the second the dancing started. The dance floor was full the entire night and the music was everything we could have asked for and more.

I highly recommend cover story without hesitation.
    Emily Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing band- highly recommend!

We hired Cover Story Entertainment for our wedding on September 21st and they were amazing. Chris was very responsive and easy to work. The band sounded great and kept everyone dancing all night. We highly recommend them!
    Danielle C. Married on 09/14/2019

Glad I chose Cover Story!

Cover Story played my wedding and they were amazing! I went with the 4 person band, and they got everyone on the dance floor having the time of their lives. So happy I went with Cover Story!!
  • Abby
    Abby Married on 09/14/2019

Worth every single penny—and more!

Cover Story was amazing. We got the full band service, and not one part of me regrets dedicating part of our budget to them. These musicians are so talented, and they know how to play together (because they do it all the time! It's not just a bunch of random people assigned the week of). They were full of energy and so much fun. I loved the way they came onto the dance floor and engaged with me, my husband, and our friends and family. We had 50+ people on the dance floor for 3 hours straight because it was just such a good time. I miss it, and I hope to get to Portsmouth or Boston to see one of their non-wedding shows soon. Thanks so much, Chris and team! The entire experience from start to finish was great.
    Marie H. Married on 09/01/2019

Excellent!

Cover Story was responsive, professional and prompt from beginning to end. And they sounded amazing. Our goal was for every wedding guest to be on the dance floor and Cover Story delivered. Their song repertoire is extensive and we especially appreciated how flexible they were with customizing it and how astute they were with reading the crowd. And they have a fantastic visual presentation as well. We had experienced them a few years ago at another wedding and never forgot them, so thrilled to have had them play at our celebration.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 09/01/2019

Fantastic Band!!

Cover Story Entertainment was amazing! My wedding was over Labor Day and our guests are still commenting on how fabulous the band was. I can't say enough good things about Kyle Champeon, the vocalist Katie, and the band- they got people up and dancing almost as soon as they started playing! Katie's voice is phenomenal and Kyle and the band were just awesome and read the energy of the room well. We extended the wedding past the planned end time because everyone was having so much fun dancing. I recommend them 150%!!! Chris is very easy to work with and responsive and transparent with all details. Definitely 5 stars!
  • Bethany
    Bethany H. Married on 08/17/2019

the best night of our lives

Do not let the reasonable price confuse you - this is a top notch band. Our guests were blown away by their awesome performance and they had us dancing all night. Chris was really professional and easy to work with through the planning process. They had me screaming (almost crying) at how they absolutely nailed our song requests. I wish I could re-live this over and over and my biggest disappointment is not getting a videographer to capture how truly amazing they were. Thank you cover story! you guys rock!
    Sydney Married on 05/19/2019

Unbelievable!!!!

Chris and the band made our wedding night unforgettable!!! We were hesitant at first about splurging on a band rather than going with a DJ, but we were SO glad we went for it and picked Cover Story. Chris kept our families and entire bridal party organized and on cue for the introductions- which was so helpful.
    Not only was the team professional and organized from start to finish- but they kept everyone on the dance floor for HOURS. Seriously, the dance floor was packed all night, which is exactly what we wanted! Even my grandpa who has severe arthritis got up there and danced with us! Their energy and talent was palpable. My feet ached at the end of the night (a good sign) but I was beyond happy with the outcome. They sounded incredible, and even played a couple extra songs for us as an encore because everyone was having such a great time. They played exactly the style of music we asked for and kept the energy alive all night. They took maybe 1-2 breaks for 10 minutes or so, and had a DJ playing during those times, which was perfect and a great chance to play some fun dance songs.
    The search for a band can be super overwhelming- but seriously, you will not be disappointed with this band.
    I cannot recommend Cover Story highly enough!!
  • Julia
    Julia Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing!!!!

The band was amazing!! They even learned a unique song I requested and played it perfectly. They had everyone up and dancing, and literally NO issues! The first thing my mother said to me was how much she LOVED the band.

Highly recommend for weddings and other events
    Tim B. Married on 05/11/2019

Lively, Fun and Very Accommodating

Chris and Cover Story were really easy to work with - from the initial calls to discuss our style, meeting up to preview the band at a show, tailoring the set list, working in a special dance and allowing a family member to play a few songs. We had our first dance choreographed and they nailed the song timing having only seen us practice on video. They were on time, very professional, yet fun and knew how to work the crowd so everyone had a blast. The ceremony music and cocktail hour was perfect background and then they came alive during the reception. Their sound is great and versatile and energy is viral - so much that people got up in the middle of dinner to dance and stayed there all night. (+ an unexpected encore!)

Cover Story gets my highest of recommendations. So many guests gave us shout outs after the wedding about them!
    Charles Q. Married on 04/05/2019

Easy to work with, a hit with our guests!

While our final deposit was delayed in getting to its final destination by
    mail, Chris was adamant that we should not have to worry about that the
    week before our wedding. The entire process from booking to pre-wedding
    phone call to the day of the wedding went incredibly smoothly. And most
    importantly, their music and style appealed to all of our guests across all
    age ranges!
    Katie Married on 12/01/2018

Cover Story did not disappoint!

Cover Story did not disappoint! We first saw them perform at a friend's wedding a few years back, where we found ourselves to be the first on the dance floor and the last to leave - and the same went for our wedding in April! The dance floor was full all evening and our guests are STILL raving about the music. We definitely recommend Chris and the team - they're awesome!
    Alison Married on 11/10/2018

Book Them!!

Where do I even begin! Cover Story was amazing from start to finish at our wedding 11/10/18. Chris was excellent to deal with throughout the entire process and so was the rest of their team. They were on top of everything to make sure everything was perfect. Our wedding was amazing and we owe that to cover story. From the moment the dance floor opened, no one sat down the entire night. My husband is a drummer and they allowed him to sit in with the band which was really nice and definitely a really memorable moment. Our guests had so much fun and I keep hearing 'your band was awesome!' They really exceeded our expectations. We would recommend Cover Story to anyone! They were the highlight of our wedding! I am trying to convince my now husband to book them for my birthday party LOL. Thank you again Chris & Cover Story!!! - Alison & Frank

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Alison, your wedding at Lake View Pavillion was absolutely beautiful and Cover Story is honored to have been a part of your special day! Not only that, but we are so happy to hear how we made your special day enjoyable and memorable for you, your family, and friends. Congratulations again!
    Jenny Married on 09/22/2018
    Could not have been happier with Cover Story for our Wedding. Our guests raved about the band and we absolutely loved them. They even were able to do a special request song live for our first dance. Would highly recommend to anyone!
  • W
    Will Married on 09/22/2018
    These guys did a great job. Everyone loved the group - especially the female vocalist. They were able to accommodate the venue's requirement for non-amplified music as well.
    Kelsey Married on 09/22/2018
    We booked Fil Pacino’s 5 piece band (EBS) through Cover Story Entertainment and they were AMAZING!! Our wedding was on Block island so required some logistical coordination and Chris and the team were super thorough, pulling off an amazing day for us. Played the best music and nailed all our requested tracks. A dance party for the books!
    Ryan Married on 09/08/2018
    Cover story rocked my wedding!!!! I knew that for my crowd a rocking band was a must. I listened to all samples, watched every video, and read every review... Chris and his entire team were on top of their game the entire time. I got everything and more I could have asked for. The pricing was very fair and we could not have been happier. Trust me on this just go with them, they control and take care of the entire night, it’s like having another wedding planner!!
    Lauren Married on 07/26/2018
    The band was very professional and created great energy for our work outing and had people dancing. We would definitely recommend them for all types of events and will use them again where possible! Thanks to Chris and crew.
    Jess Married on 06/09/2018
    Cover Story was awesome! They performed at my brother's wedding in 2015 and we used them again for all of our music – acoustic guitar for outdoor ceremony, keyboard and vocalist for cocktail hour, and a full band with extra horns for our indoor barn reception – at our wedding in the Berkshires. Chris was so easy and flexible to work with for planning and logistics. And the quality of the vocalists, which was very important to me, is really awesome live – a lot better than the recorded videos you can watch online. Cover Story feels like a hidden gem given their quality and their very reasonable price point relative to other bands.

Thanks, Chris and team for an awesome experience! We loved working with you all!

Cover Story Entertainment's reply:

Hello Jess, thank you for choosing Cover Story Entertainment for your special day at the elegant Gedney Farm. We are not only honored to have been a part of your brother's wedding, but we are equally honored to have been a part of your wedding day as well! We are not only happy to hear that our musical accompaniment added a special touch to your day, but we are also happy knowing that we have exceeded your expectations. Congratulations again!