Cover Me Badd Reviews

Cover Me Badd 3
Cover Me Badd 4
Cover Me Badd 5

Kevin · Married on 09/03/2017

Jessica and I got married at Vizcaya in Sacramento, and we decided early on that we wanted a band. Cover Me Badd exceeded our wildest expectations! Mike is the most responsive and responsible person that we have ever worked with in customer service. We never once doubted that we were in great hands. CMB was the highlight of the reception- the band members are awesome dancers, talented singers, and had our guests out on the dance floor for the entire party. They have a great blend of old classics and newer pop songs. Their music and energy are unforgettable! We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/25/2017

Michelle · Married on 08/26/2017

If you're getting married anywhere in the NorCal area to Reno/Tahoe you have decided upon the BEST BAND EVER! I did extensive research when looking at bands to put on the show of a lifetime, I mean after all it was our wedding day! I watched videos and read reviews and also had two separate vendor referrals from the Lake Tahoe area refer Cover Me Badd, so I had high expectations.

I can honestly say they beyond exceeded our expectations for a live band. From the very first initial email sent, Mike was so friendly, awesome, and professional to work with! He answered any questions we had in such a timely manner and is also very well organized. We worked together to create and achieve the perfect song list and I can tell you our guests were fighting to dance up on stage with them, literally! We all had the time of our lives. They even sung our first dance song so beautifully.

If you want to have a wedding that everyone won't stop talking about and dances all night to the band, you have chosen the right crew! They are absolutely amazing and we couldn't have dreamed of a better night with this crew!!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding BEYOND perfect!! We love you guys and cannot wait to watch you again! If we could get married every month just so you could play, we would! :)

Sent on 09/01/2017

Corrinne · Married on 07/15/2017

Cover Me Badd is an absolutely epic wedding band!! They played at our outdoor wedding at Sugar Bowl, CA in July 2017 and they were phenomenal—energetic, fun and incredibly talented! Not only was Mike (the band manager) professional, organized, and super easy to work with, but he did an amazing job catering to our needs and special requests for the evening including all different genres for the ceremony, dinner, and dancing. They even allowed our friend, who is a singer, to come onstage for a song to sing with them! Our guests never left the dance floor and everyone can’t stop talking about how much the band knocked it out of the park! We would highly recommend Cover Me Badd for your wedding—they are amazing and will not disappoint!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Brad · Married on 06/24/2017

Cover Me Badd was amazing, they called us several times before the wedding to go over the little details that we would have never thought of and made sure the whole event went off without any issues. Mike is a true salesman who is prompt to respond which is not common with wedding vendors. The worst thing about weddings is you have a bunch of people who over charge and under deliver and Cover Me Badd was the opposite, they were worth every penny we paid. The band keeps the whole group on the dance floor from 7:45pm-11pm when our event ended. For me, DJ's don’t compare to a band like Cover Me Badd. This group rocks.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Bryce · Married on 06/10/2017

I would encourage anyone to trust "Cover Me Badd" with the most important event of their life:

We hired Cover Me Badd as entertainment for our wedding reception in Incline Village, Nevada, and not only are they one phenomenal musical act (every musician in this band seriously killed it), but they also ran sound for the ceremony on an additional PA system in another location, wireless-miking the officiant and me and providing the ceremony's processional music; acted as the Master's of Ceremony for the evening, ensuring everything happened when it needed to happen; and eased our stresses about this event more than any other vendor.

Solid musicians. Solid humans. Worth every penny.

And they know how to get the microphone away from a tipsy would-be karaoke singer swiftly!

Thanks Mike (and crew) you are the best!
    Bryce

Sent on 06/30/2017

Jee · Married on 06/09/2017

Amazing Amazing Amazing!! Cover Me Badd played at our wedding a few weeks ago and we could not have been happier. They looked great, sounded great, our guests loved them and we loved them. Not only did they put on a fantastic show during the wedding, Mike was instrumental in planning our wedding and was the only one that didn't make the planning process a headache. He helped with the timeline, he recommended songs for the first dance, mother - son dance, father - daughter dance, bouquet toss, garter toss, cake cutting. He even made edits to songs so they would fit into our timeline. If you're looking for a band to play at your wedding or event, look no further than Cover Me Badd, they are awesome! We want to plan another party just to have them play again. Michael & Jee - Married June 9th, 2017.

Sent on 06/26/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 05/28/2017

We had our wedding over Memorial Day weekend, and Mike and the band were instrumental (yeah, pun intended) in making the whole evening an amazing experience. They were super easy to work with, but most importantly, the dance floor was totally full the WHOLE night. They played a great mix of songs, highlighted by a fantastic 90's/Early 00's medley at the end with all the hits.

We actually ended up having a lot of leftover wine from the wedding, and I actually think that people just didn't want to go up to the bar cause the music and dancing was just too much fun to leave even for a second. I so highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Jess · Married on 05/20/2017

When I initially read through the amazing reviews from other brides of Cover Me Badd, I wondered: Are they really THAT good? Well, I'm here to confirm that yes, yes they are. Hiring this band is THE best decision I made planning our wedding. From start to finish, Mike was amazingly responsive and helpful planning out every detail and was the nicest and easiest vendor I worked with throughout the whole process, and someone that felt more like a friend than a vendor. He unfortunately had a prior commitment and couldn't make our wedding, but his stand in still did an amazing job—you never would have known he wasn't a regular. From the ceremony music to announcements to the party, everything went off without a hitch. The dance floor was rocking the entire night, full of guests of all ages, and people haven't stopped telling us how our wedding was the best they've ever been to (besides their own). We're a little biased, but have to agree, and much of this is thanks to Cover Me Badd.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Alexandra · Married on 04/08/2017

On the spectrum of wedding entertainment you have everything from curated playlists (the biggest party of your life and you are going to trust your cousin's iPhone 4?) to DJs (sure that prom vibe is fine) all the way up to the wedding band. Yes you pay a premium, but you know what a good wedding band can do. But do you know what a great wedding band can do? The unrelenting energy. The uncanny reading of the audience. The sweet, sweet choreographed dance moves. If you want greatness, stop reading and go hire Cover Me Badd. They were more than we could have ever expected before, during, and after the big day.

Before the event Mike went out of his way to understand our expectations, get a sense of our taste, and generally make sure the reception would go off without a hitch. He even went to the venue on his own time because the band had never played there before. Who does that? A great wedding band, that's who.

During the event, Cover Me Badd were without peer. They packed the dance floor with their boundless energy and fantastic covers. They had learned two songs for us and absolutely nailed both of them. What band can do flawless covers of Alabama Shakes, Bruno Mars and Van Morrison? Cover Me Badd.

Afterwards, Mike made sure to stop by to say thank you and wish us the best of luck. It was a small gesture that meant the world to us. If this rousing review isn't enough to sell you on Cover Me Badd, I'll leave it to one of our guests, "I want them to play my wedding, whenever that happens."

Sent on 06/05/2017

Chelsey · Married on 04/01/2017

This was a great band for our wedding! They wanted to play the songs that we requested, and even made it personal with particular shout outs. They are also a great MC for the wedding- which is very important to keep the night moving in the right direction! Loved using them- I would highly recommend booking them ASAP!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Sophie · Married on 02/18/2017

Cover Me Badd was absolutely amazing! My significant other's one request for our wedding was a band and CMB did not disappoint. I went to see one of their shows before officially booking and once I saw them live, I knew we had to have 'em! Not only do they sound and look fabulous but Mike was extremely communicative and a total dream to work with. CMB also surprised us with my s/o's favorite song - after he casually asked during one of our meetings if they could play some 90s tunes just during a break, they learned one of his favorite songs for us and surprised him with it during dancing! It was truly the best. I've been recommending CMB to everyone possible and can't wait to use them at a future event! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about CMB and you should book them ASAP!

Sent on 04/12/2017

Margaret · Married on 12/31/2016

AMAZING is the first word that comes to mind when describing Cover Me Badd.

From the time that we reached out to Mike right after we got engaged all the way through the last song after midnight on our wedding night, the quality of service that Mike and the rest of the Cover Me Badd members provided to us was exceptional. We had an "interview" call of sorts when determining whether or not to go with Cover Me Badd. After the really great interview call, and after reading the reviews and watching some videos, we were sold.

The fact that Mike served as the MC during the wedding was the icing on the cake. Mike scheduled a prep call a few weeks before the wedding to ensure that he knew the pronunciation of everyone's name and to review the timeline an extra time to ensure that everything was perfect. We also had Cover Me Badd perform at our ceremony, which was excellent and made things so seamless. The team was very open to our requests while also providing super helpful suggestions, many of which we took! Our wedding was on New Year's Eve and we could not have imagined a better band to ring in our marriage and the new year. Mike and team - thanks again for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Jen · Married on 10/02/2016

Mike was my favorite person to work with! He was so responsive, kind and thoughtful. Also, he was able to make me laugh while I was nervously checking 50 times a day if it would rain on my wedding day (it cleared just in time). He worked with my high-maintenance event coordinator with ease, and was flexible enough to let my husband and his old band mates play a song for old times' sake. Loved the mix of 70s, 80s, 90s for everyone at my wedding. Everyone was commenting on the awesome band the next day. I would highly highly recommend him and his crew!!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Christi · Married on 10/01/2016

Wowie! We knew from the start we wanted a band over a DJ for the experience, but we had no idea how awesome this gang would be. They were super easy and flexible as far as communication went. Mike was our main contact and he responded to emails within the hour. They made an exception and learned a live song for my father daughter dance, even after their usual deadline, and really went the extra mile as far as customer service was concerned. As far as music, we only told them "play what people like to hear," and boy did they nail it. The dance floor was actually packed for the entire time they were up there, even people we thought would be real wall flowers were cutting a rug. Cover Me Badd made our wedding unforgettable, and we would recommend them again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Holli · Married on 09/10/2016

The best band you can get for your wedding or event! The dance floor was full all the way to the last song played. They play a great mix of music that kept all ages dancing. Several guests said they felt like they were at a concert. You are lucky if you can get them! Mike also does a great job as an emcee as well as pre-wedding timeline advice. If you are using an outside venue, I strongly suggest renting a stage. Mike will give you a recommendation.

Sent on 09/13/2016

I would give Cover Me Badd 10 gold stars! They far and away exceeded my expectations!

First off, Mike alone deserves so much credit. He was incredibly helpful, so responsive, and easy to work with. Any phone call or email was returned within minutes! I had no idea how many songs you needed to pick for a wedding and reception and he was all over it. When we got stuck, he always had plenty of songs to offer up which was super helpful. He was always so calm and organized so it gave me the confidence to know that he had it under control.

Then the band was fantastic! So upbeat and so much energy from start to finish! We had a wide range of ages at the wedding and everyone was on the dance floor! The set selection was great and they even took the time to learn a few songs at our request that weren't on their play lists.

So many guests had amazing things to say about the band and how much fun the wedding was! I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Ed · Married on 07/02/2016

These guys and gals are the definition of professional. Mike was super easy to work with, from the initial contact to the day of the event. My wife and I were looking for a band, what we got in CMB was the full freekin' package. From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception, Mike and the rest of CMB had everything covered. Their song list is long and strong, their musicianship is top notch and their flexibility (extending our money dance an extra song or two to ensure everyone got their chance) is to Olympic gymnast standard. We even threw a few curve balls at them the week of our wedding and, like an All Star shortstop on which ever team you choose, they fielded our changes in stride and made our day one that lived up to our wedding motto, "A night you either can't remember or will never forget!" If you're getting married in the Bay Area, Sac or anywhere else these guys will travel, hire them and your wedding will be better for it. To this day our guests are coming to my wife and I telling us how good the band was. You too can have this experience with CMB, I can not recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Elicia · Married on 06/26/2016

They rocked the shirts right off the groomsmen... literally!! I am so happy I chose them to preform at our wedding. There was not a dry shirt in the room, for everyone was up dancing and singing along the entire time. Everyone loved them, and said that they were THE BEST wedding band they have ever heard! Mike was on top of responding to all e-mails in the same day, and I hope to have another opportunity to hire them again soon! THANK YOU for making my wedding so memorable!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Aislinn · Married on 06/25/2016

Cover Me Badd (Sacramento) did an awesome job with our wedding music! We got married at a private winery in St. Helena, CA (Napa Valley) at a remote venue where we had to bring everything in from power sources and porta potties to lights and equipment rentals. Mike was an absolute pleasure to deal with and made the whole process of choosing our various walking down the aisle, first dance music, cocktail hour music and live band sets super easy. He was very detail oriented and followed up on things like ensuring we had the right dance floor/stage setup, generators and enough power to get the party started! The band is much more reasonably priced than bands out of San Francisco – an important consideration factor for an equidistant locale like Napa Valley. They had great suggestions and recommendations for which songs would flow best and learned a few new songs at our request, like Frank Sinatra’s “The Way You Look Tonight” for our first dance. The music suited everyone – there was at least one song for every person there that got them up dancing and there was even the Chicken Dance for our Wisconsin relatives! We closed the night with “Piano Man” and absolutely everyone was on the dance floor, soaking up the night! They did a great job getting the crowd going and getting everyone out on the floor dancing. 5-star vendor interactions and 5-star music experience. Would recommend working with Cover Me Badd for any event!

Sent on 07/06/2016

ROBYN · Married on 05/29/2016

Mike Woodall and the crew of Cover Me Badd were so fantastic! Mike, on top of every situation, accommodating to all our musical requests and needs
    band played rock on in 90 degree heat and kept the guests on their feet and on the dance floor the whole time.
    MC skills are excellent and kept everything moving along. Our venue was the Grand Island Mansion in Walnut Grove, CA and Mike was able to provide
    us with sound, music, mics at the garden setting ceremony site, reception music, dance music and MCing the whole thing.
    Will miss our emails...you become a team, if things are good, with your service providers and Mike was a real Team Bride member in good standing. BOOK THIS BAND! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Deeksha · Married on 05/28/2016

My fiance-turned-husband really wanted a live band for our wedding after seeing one at a friend's, and we looked through A LOT of options to find one that was high-energy, rock-and-roll-based, current enough to play recent hits, but not too cool for school where they wouldn't play the oldies. Cover Me Badd seemed right up our alley, and after the wedding, we can confirm they were pitch perfect in every way. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how talented the band was and how much fun they had at the wedding as a result.

Working with Mike (manager) was seamless, and he went above and beyond to create a setlist that matched our personal preferences and the crowd we would have coming. And he was able to provide audio support for our ceremony, as well as recorded cocktail hour music.

I know bands are a pricey compared to DJs, but my now-husband and I are so glad we decided to go with a band in general and with Cover Me Badd in particular. The dance floor was immediately packed when they began playing and stayed that way all night. Totally worth it!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Kristin · Married on 04/30/2016

I'm One word EPIC! My husband and I can't even begin to express the level of gratitude we have for Mike and the band of Cover me Badd. Our wedding was last Saturday and our phones have not stopped ringing with the outpour of craze over Cover me badds amazing performance... I first had a conversation with Mike at the end of last year after researching Wedding bands in the Sacramento area. After really liking their song list and the video clips provided on their website, I decided to give them a call. Mike answered right away and i immediately felt like I was talking to an old friend. Mike was more than our band MC, he was a real part of the planning. We kept in constant contact the months leading up to the wedding, he provided a timeline and customized set list that reflected all of our wishes, he gave us a piece of mind. April 30th 2016 will forever hold a special place in our heart . You would be crazy not to include cover me Badd as part of your wedding celebration! Best money ever spent. Thank you cover me Badd!!
    Cheers,
    Mike and kristin Aguilera

Sent on 05/08/2016
  • O

Olga · Married on 04/23/2016

Mike and Cover Me Badd were fantastic to work with! Not only did we need a band but additionally ceremony music as well as some additional announcement services and they were so accommodating in helping us customize our services. The band did an amazing job communicating with us prior and during the event and engaging the crowd. Everything was flawless - thank you for taking care of it so we could party care-free on our big day!!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Jayne · Married on 04/09/2016

HIRE HIRE HIRE! seriously. HIRE!
    The best part of our wedding. It was super important for us to have our dance floor packed THE WHOLE NIGHT - and CMB did not disappoint! Everyone, from all generations, loved watching CMB perform and the tunes they had everyone rocking out to! Mike was one of our favorite vendors to communicate with and super easy to get a hold of. His wife had a baby a week before we started to talk- and he was texting us back immediately even with such a big new addition to his family! Also, another example of how awesome they are to work with: we had hired an acoustic guitarist from out of town that couldn't bring all of his equipment in, and Mike was more the willing to help him and us figure it out so that our cocktail hour musician could perform.
    We also told Mike that song selection was super important to us -- so he sent us the whole play list and let us pick each song to be played during the reception - as well as add some songs! (and they let us sneak in an extra song at the end of the night - even though the party was over! ;))
    They were super professional - and just simply amazing. My brother is actually the one who recommended them to us - and he said that the first wedding he saw them at was just as good.
    Mike also worked well with all of our other vendors and wedding planner. CMB also did a very good job of being affordable! They fit into our budget, and for what they delivered performance wise, it was MORE than worth it1

Do yourself a favor - hire Cover Me Badd -- your guests, and bride/groom, wedding party will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Ashley · Married on 03/11/2016

We first saw Cover Me Badd play at a friends wedding and were blown away. I knew right then I needed them at my wedding. Mike the MC is the most responsive, invested person I've ever worked with in a service setting (and I've been in hospitality, event and marketing roles professionally!) He goes above and beyond before the event to make sure the couple is comfortable and fully supported. He follows up in a timely manner with the things he needs and makes really great suggestions on how to keep the flow moving for your particular style wedding. They had the entire place on their feet until the very last song. They all have incredible voices and stage presence. They incorporated the couple well into the songs, their mashups are great, they ran out into the crowd, and in the end if you trust their suggestions you'll end up with a killer event. They even learned a few songs for us that weren't on their set list! Amazing.

Seriously the best bang for your buck you'll get at your entire wedding.

Sent on 03/18/2016