Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC Reviews

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 7
  • Lucia

Lucia Delgado · Married on 03/17/2019

Butterbeer-esque

The cake was incredible! They were accommodating when my husband could not make it to the taste testing. We were able to bring home samples for him to try after work. The quality and flavor were both amazing. The cake cutting process for our faux cake went smoothly. Nobody knew the cake for the wedding reception was faux.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you for the review, Lucia! I adored working on your wedding cake; it was truly one-of-a-kind! I love when a "theme" is incorporated into the wedding; it makes designing so much fun! I am honored to have been a small part of your big day, and wish you both all the best in wedding bliss!

Liz Teague · Married on 02/09/2019

Simply Amazing! So many compliments!

Lia was so great to work with. Her quick responses and level of detail made this piece of planning a breeze. My husband doesn’t like cake, so we opted for a variety of cupcake flavors for the guests and she made us a cheesecake that looked like the most beautiful single tiered wedding cake ever! Picture below. The cupcakes were above and beyond expectations. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 8

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thanks so much, Liz! It was an honor to be a part of your big day! I am so glad to hear that you loved your cupcake display, along with your custom cake. It was truly a pleasure working with you! Wishing you both all the best...

Beth Wolf · Married on 11/17/2018

Mid century cake

Lia was so easy to work with and truly understood our vision and brought it to life. We absolutely loved our cake and we love how each one is uniquely designed for each client. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/24/2019
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 9

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Beth! It was truly my pleasure designing your cake; I love when a "theme" challenges me to put my best foot forward. I also hope you saw the "Hidden Mickey" hexagons discreetly placed on the back of the cake, where you and Mike had cut into. Wishing you both all the best!

Lauren Sargent · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful!

Lia is extremely talented in multiple ways! She provided suggestions based on our wedding vision to create the perfect tiered look - absolutely stunning with fresh floral! The cake was deliciously light and fresh, tasting just as great as it looked! The process of working with Lia was enjoyable from the start to the beginning and we would use her over and over again!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! I absolutely loved how your cake incorporated natural elements, especially being that it was a spectacular outdoor wedding! It was truly a pleasure working with you, and hope our paths cross again in the future. Thanks again!

Jessica Flores · Married on 10/20/2018

I am in LOVE with this cake!

Lia was AMAZING. She listened to everything I described and produced a cake that far exceeded my expectations. After the wedding, she even gave us the hand-drawn sketch of the cake! She was truly a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend working with Lia!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Jessica! It was a pleasure working with you and designing/creating your custom cake. We are honored to have been part of your special day, and hope that you'll think of us for all your future couture cake needs!

susan · Married on 07/21/2018

Great input to helping come up with the design, great person to work with and absolutely beautiful cake. Cake was included in my Waldorf wedding contract (cost below shows $0).

Sent on 08/22/2018

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Susan! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I also really enjoyed the photo you sent; it captured the moment perfectly!!! Thanks again.

Cinnamon · Married on 04/21/2018

Our wedding cake was as gorgeous as you can ever imagine! eVERYTHING WE WANTED! Lia was great with regard to listening to our vision as well as making very well educated suggestions during our initial meeting. The cake was everything I could've hoped for and its completely due to the tremendous talents that Lia (Couture Cakes by Lia) possesses. If I ever require another custom cake in the future, I will be coming to Lia, without a doubt.

Sent on 05/03/2018
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 10

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Cinnamon!!! I LOVED working on your cake, as it was the perfect balance of "glitz n' glam" and sophisticated elegance. I wish you both all the best as you start your new journey together. Please don't hesitate to reach out in the future if I may be of assistance! XOXO

Brittany · Married on 12/02/2017

Our cake was absolutely amazing! Lia listened to all my ideas and created the perfection. Everyone at the wedding couldn’t take their eyes off of it . I can’t thank her enough

Sent on 12/25/2017
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 11
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 12
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 13
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 14

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Brittany! It was wonderful working with you to create the perfect cake! Congratulations to you both, and I hope to work with you again in the near future!

Natalie · Married on 11/11/2017

Lia literally made my dreams come true. With just a few words she knew my vision and it was more than I could have imagined! Total success!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Natalie! I absolutely LOVE when a client tells me to follow my own artistic ideas, as it really opens the door for some spectacular results! I had so much fun creating your couture wedding cake, and wish you and your new hubby much happiness as you start this new chapter in your lives!

Kerry · Married on 11/05/2017

As a previous cake designer myself, I could not have asked for a more beautiful or truly delicious cake. Several of our guests had more than one slice and everyone raved about it. Lia was wonderful to work with every step of the way. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for their wedding or celebration cake.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Kerry! I truly enjoyed working with you and PJ, and I am so humbled that you chose us to be a small part of your BIG day! Thanks again for the gracious review, and congratulations to you both!!!

Ellen · Married on 09/30/2017

Lia at Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC was the BEST to work with! She was very interested in my son and daughter-in-law's dreams and visions for their wedding cake, taking in every detail and Pinterest board and then coming up with ideas that went beyond their imaginations! Lia made the "tasting" experience the most fun aspect of their wedding planning, and she was just so lovely and agreeable. The wedding cake was incredibly beautiful and unique, and as a surprise to the bride and groom, Lia found dinosaur toppers that tied their theme together. It was all very tastefully done! The groom's cake was also a work of art and looked exactly like his drum. I overheard several guests ask if it was the real thing! Besides looking fabulous, both cakes were the most delicious I have ever had and our guests made wonderful observations all afternoon about how extraordinarily good they tasted and how beautiful they were! Lia's cakes created a great focal point in the reception area and helped make Jack and Lindsey's day that much better and fun. I am happy to say that Lia is the most creative and imaginative cake artist I have ever worked with and I will definitely use her again if another occasion arises!

Sent on 10/11/2017
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 15
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 16
    Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC 17

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the gracious review, Ellen! I am so humbled to have been a small part of such a big day! I had so much fun creating both the wedding cake and groom's cake for Lindsey & Jack, as it's nice to do something a little bit "different" every now and then. While all of our cakes are one-of-a-kind, these were certainly unique, as a dinosaur theme is not very common! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family, and I truly hope to collaborate again in the near future!

Erica · Married on 09/15/2017

Lia created an absolute perfect cake for my son's first birthday. She made my vision come to life and made the celebration very special. Not only was it a beautiful cake but tasted great as well. She has many unique flavors to choose from. I highly recommend her for weddings and other special events. You will not be sorry and your guests will surely be impressed!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you Erica! It was such a pleasure working with you to create the perfect cake for your family! I am honored to have been a part of your son's special celebration! Thanks again for the lovely review.

Nita · Married on 07/29/2017

Lia was absolutely amazing to work with. She was suggested to us by our hotel, The Waldorf Astoria Orlando and was incredible. We got so many compliments on our cake design. All it took was a few images over email and a quick phone consultation and Lia had a sketch of the cake back to us in less than 48 hours. I wanted a 4 tier, modern cake with each tier a different textured layer to really make it unconventional and sleek. Lia was so accommodating and kind. She even contacted me weeks prior to make sure I remembered to get a cake stand and cutting items. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her and I already follow her on social media to continue to follow her amazing work in the years to come!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Nita! I had so much fun designing such a FABULOUS cake! The modern, yet feminine design was definitely a show stopper, thanks to both of our combined efforts! It was truly a pleasure working with you, and I certainly hope to partner in the future for the next big celebration!

Alyse · Married on 07/02/2017

The cakes were delicious. Lia was so fantastic to work with. Stunning. It was exactly what I dreamed of!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review, Alyse! I had so much fun as we designed your wedding and groom's cake. Seeing the final product though, takes the cake :) !

Gladi · Married on 06/17/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia is phenomenal. She is extremely talented and creative. She understands your vision and is friendly which makes working together a breeze. She offers a variety of unique flavors and all of my guests complimented on how delicious the cake was.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you Gladi! I had a blast making such a fun cake! It's always wonderful to work with you; I'm so glad that we were able to collaborate on this special celebration!

Michelle · Married on 04/22/2017

Lia created the perfect cakes (bride's cake and groom's cake) for my daughter's wedding! She worked with my schedule for tastings (I live out of state) and listened to the desires of the bride for something simply beautiful, with small fondant flowers to match her bouquet, a pop of purple and a monogram. Lia delivered the most beautiful simply elegant bride's cake I have seen! The pecan coconut filling elicited rave reviews from our guests, and the mocha swirl chocolate groom's cake made me wish I had ordered a larger size! It, too was delicious and the chocolate fondant icing tasted like tootsie rolls. :) We love Lia's cakes!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback! It was a pleasure creating your daughter (and son in law's) cake(s), and am happy to hear that it was enjoyed by all! All the best to you and your family.

mallory · Married on 04/08/2017

My husband and I got married at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando and at the time of our wedding, the hotel was on the midst of hiring a wedding cake designer. The Waldorf Catering team recommended Couture Cakes by Lia as she was previously on the Waldorf team and they highly recommended her as one of the best cake designers in all of Orlando. One important detail to note is we had a destination wedding (from NJ) and I was nervous about dealing with another vendor since I couldn't easily speak to them in person but working with Lia helped me forget we had thousands of miles between us. My husband didn't particularly care what the cake looked like as long as it was white and a talented Florist named Lee gave me the great idea of designing the wedding cake after my gown since there are so many details. Lia and I spoke on the phone where I was able to walk through photos of my dress and the details that I wanted her to capture on the cake. Within 24 hours she had a sketch of my cake and WOW did she nail it! Not only did Lia nail the design, but my wedding was in April and Lia was notified on my cake request in March which I would consider very late. Lia's sense of urgency on my cake timeline needs & my cake detail needs were greatly appreciated. Even though Lia nailed my cake design very effortlessly, she still walked through the design with me to suggest other recommendations to ensure I was a happy customer. Seeing the cake on the day of the wedding exceeded my expectations and my husband was overjoyed to see how happy I was when I saw my beautiful Matthew Christopher dress design on a cake! Lia's cake was beautifully designed and the level of detail was true Waldorf Astoria quality. Thanks Lia!

Sent on 08/06/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you Mallory for the lovely review! It was such a pleasure working with you! I LOVED how we worked together to bounce ideas off of each other, as we discussed capturing your dress in cake form. The small details from your dress truly made for an incredible design! Even though we did not have the luxury of time on our side, I honestly wouldn't have changed a thing, even if we had! Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback, and perhaps our paths will cross again in the future!

Reginald · Married on 03/05/2017

You will not be disappointed! She did an excellent job on the cake as it far exceeded my expectations! I'll definitely be doing more cakes with her for future events!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you for the kind review, Reggie! It's always great doing business with you, and your family. I'm so humbled to have been a part of such a special day. I look forward to designing more special occasion cakes with you moving forward!

Alisa · Married on 02/28/2017

It was a pleasure working with Lia. The cake was exactly what I wanted. Not only did it look beautiful but it tasted delicious.

Sent on 02/20/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much, Alisa! I really enjoyed working on that cake with you...classic elegance at its best! Thanks for the kind review!

Ayda · Married on 02/11/2017

Lia was contracted out by our wedding venue due to problems they were having with their own pastry chef. She only had a few weeks to create our wedding cake and grooms cake. I was worried that she would not have enough time to order everything she needed and create the wedding cake and grooms cake of my dreams - but I was very pleasantly surprised. Both my husband and I were blown away by how beautiful our wedding cake and the grooms cake were. Lia was very attentive and caring and was able to take all my input and create two masterpieces. I was so impressed with Lia and only wish I had gotten the opportunity to work with her earlier. I 100% highly recommend her. She is wonderful!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you Ayda; it was a true pleasure working with you! I'm so glad that you adored your cakes, and am honored to have been a part of such a special day. I look forward to working with you for all your couture cake needs in the years ahead!

John · Married on 02/11/2017

Lia's passion for what she does far exceeds any company out there. She has an amazing eye for detail. Lia is top of her class. Lia's cakes not only look gorgeous, they taste incredible!!

Look no farther, you have found the Holy Grail of Cake Designers

Sent on 02/18/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

John, thank you SO much for your generous feedback. It was an absolute joy working on your opulent cake- I am so lucky to have such a wonderful career, and such AMAZING clients! Thank you again for your kind words...you made my day!

Sarah · Married on 02/03/2017

Lia is absolutely the best and her cakes are amazing!!!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! I appreciate the awesome feedback!

Tricia · Married on 01/28/2017

Amazing cake artisan! With a invitation to a turkey cook off in hand and having prior experience with Couture Cakes, I asked Lia to come up with a cake design for our event. My first impression when I saw the cake was she had misunderstood me, I needed a cake not a turkey! She laughed, and on closer inspection, the turkey was indeed a cake that looked just like a roast turkey complete with all the dressings...unbelievable. When we arrived at the cook off, our hostess looked distressed when I walked by with another turkey and not the dessert I was to bring. A whisper in her ear and we set the cake down on the buffet inside. Soon people starting checking out the turkey...then fingerprints began to appear...announcements to all...please don't touch the cake! Now it's one thing to look great but taste is everything and this cake was absolutely delish. When finished, the platter looked just like a turkey platter does after Thanksgiving dinner...picked clean. Can't say enough good things about this amazing chef! One word of advice...you do have to book well in advance...she books up quickly because her cakes are simply amazing!

Sent on 02/27/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind feedback, Tricia! What a fun cake that was! I'm so glad that the cake was enjoyed by all. I look forward to designing many more creative cakes with you in the future!

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2016

Lia can create magic whether you know what you want or simply have some thoughts or inspiration! She was able to make the cake awesome, but also made the delivery special too.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback! I really enjoy when I get to be a part of the reveal, as it's not too often that I get to see our guest's reactions, since delivery and setup is usually before functions begin. It's always fun when I get to deliver personally!

Jane · Married on 09/03/2016

Lia's cakes are amazing! She's professional, creative and wonderful to work with! I highly recommend her for cakes, cupcakes, cookies......she's excellent at what she does!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Couture Cakes by Lia, LLC's reply:

Thank you, Jane! It's always fabulous partnering with you on different projects! I look forward to working with you more, as we continue to grow!