Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside Reviews

14 | Culver City, CA

14 Reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside

brittany · Married on 08/03/2013

THIS WAS THE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. MY WEDDING WAS THE BEST! LIMOR WAS BEYOND AMAZING AND I COULDNT HAVE ASKED FOR BETTER SERVICE OR A BETTER COORDINATOR. I TELL EVERYONE THAT THIS PLACE WAS WONDERFUL AND THE STAFF WAS GREAT.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Krysten · Married on 09/22/2012

The venue and the staff were amazing, they helped us out so much by making the process hassle free. The place look so beautiful! :)

Sent on 10/19/2012

Jessie · event on 09/15/2012

The staff was readily available whenever a meeting was requested. Helpful hints and suggestions were given to ensure that tge event was successful. Wonderful, wonderful staff!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2012

We had our wedding on July 28, 2012 in the Palisades Garden Room and Patio of the Courtyard Marriott. The staff was extremely helpful, accommodating, and professional. They had excellent vendor recommendations and were able to provide me with plenty of affordable in-house options (from linens to food choices to bar/beverage service). They were able to see our vision through and make it possible.

They were super patient with me and allowed me to visit often to ponder layout, linen choices, etc. Any questions or concerns I had, they promptly addressed. They always made time for me and my multiple appointment requests and assured a nervous anxious bride that the wedding reception would be as I wanted. They delivered!

For our wedding, we setup dinner tables indoors and the dance floor outdoors. They allowed my linen and lighting vendors set up a day ahead of time to reduce my stress in wondering how things would be setup. I used the patio cabanas as lounge areas around the dance floor. They have nice cushy lounge furniture already, so I rented black pintuck furniture covers for the wedding that The Courtyard let me use. There are fountains in the patio in which I placed floating candles. The tables and everything was setup just as we wanted. They did a wonderful job in making sure it all came together! It was perfect!

The outdoor space was great as a dance floor and lounge area. My guests said multiple people tried crashing the party, but luckily, a security guard comes with the room as part of the wedding package...Another great plus is I was able to reserve the adjacent ballroom as a babysitting area for my guests with children. It was nice for my guests to be able to easily check in on their kids periodically.

Parking was convenient and plentiful. They give you options of hosted / no-host parking.

Out of town guests (and locals who didn't want to drive home) stayed at the hotel, so it was super convenient to have the reception and accommodations in the same place. The hotel is located near a shopping center and mall and freeway so it's great for visiting guests to have easy access to all their tourist destinations and basic necessities, in case they forgot anything.

If you intend to do your hair, makeup and other bridal preparations here the morning of your wedding, I recommend reserving the room the night before to ensure room availability. My bridal party started getting ready at 8:30am, but the honeymoon suite wasn't ready until later that morning. The Courtyard was kind enough to find us a room to get ready in until 10:30am, and allowed me to move to my honeymoon suite after 10:30am. I realize check-in is not until 3pm, so I appreciate them accommodating us as best as possible that morning. To prevent from having to move around, etc., reserve the "getting ready" room the night before to ensure it's available and ready to use in the morning.

Overall, this truly was the perfect spot for our wedding reception! We had a beautiful wedding, delivered by trustworthy friendly staff, without having to spend a fortune! Our wedding guests continuously tell us what a beautiful wedding we had! I recommend this place to anyone and would consider this place for hosting other special events in the future!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Westside was the perfect location for our wedding. Limor Zamir was the best Director of Catering Sales and Special Events, she accommodated our every need in the hotel. The venue was so good that we did our rehearsal dinner there as well. I highly recommend that anyone have their wedding hosted at this venue for their reception. All the staff was very knowledgeable and an extreme amount of help.

Sent on 07/24/2012
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 05/25/2012

I had my wedding here this past May and had the most amazing experience. The staff was great leading up to the wedding with as many meetings and as much help as i needed. Limor was my contact and I never had to wait more than 1-2 business days for her to get right back to me. And most important, the morning and day of the wedding, the whole staff was incredible...There were a few "mother-nature" problems going on behind the scenes that i never even knew about until after the wedding because they were so on top of making sure i did not stress at all and that i would have the most memorable day. It can be very overwhelming to think of everything that can go wrong the day of a wedding and to know that i didnt have to worry about a thing and "team Marriott" had it all under control was very important. I would recommend this venue to friends for sure! OH and the best part was it was super affordable! We were determined to have it payed off by the wedding and we did because they were very accommodating and gave us a great deal....Also, the food was great, got so many compliments and the venue was beautiful... the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception/outdoor bar was perfect for a great Summer night :)

Sent on 08/29/2012
  • Berlin

Berlin · event on 03/03/2012

We had a wonderful time. Limor was so flexible, and the hotel was grateful enough to let us use the hotel a day before our event. Everything was done in a timely manner and it all came out beautifully. This hotel was a great location and I couldn't have imagined it anywhere else!

Sent on 06/04/2012

BIBIANE · Married on 08/14/2011

My husband and I were so happy for the choice we made for our wedding ceremony and reception place. We are so thankful for the service provided by them, very very professional. we were so happy, everything was perfect as promised. The food was very good, like we really couldn't ask for a better service than what we got, so thank you again for everything.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Betty · Married on 09/05/2010

The service i received from them was exceptional. the high level of professionalism and their flexible exceeded our expectations. we had a phenomenal wedding because they catered to our every need. I highly recommend this venue for anyone working with a budget but yet wants to have the wedding of their dreams

Sent on 03/19/2011

Erika · Married on 07/04/2009

We had an incredibly positive experience the day of our wedding at the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Culver City. Yepez and his staff made the day stress free and absolutely beautiful. Throughout the planning, Yepez's communication was timely and very professional. As the wedding day neared, my fiancee (now husband<3) and I felt calm and assured that all would go smoothly and it did!
    The Palisades Garden & Patio Room is absolutely gorgeous, the natural lighting and warm colors give it that extra special touch every wedding venue must have on your special day. During the reception, the serving staff was attentive and helpful. The packages they offer are reasonable and they worked very well with our budget. For a relaxing and unforgettable beautiful experience I highly recommend the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Culver City!!!

Sent on 08/24/2010

Adrienne · Married on 08/05/2012

Great service from all staff members

Sent on 08/14/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/03/2010

What a beautiful venue! We had our ceremony on the patio and the dinner inside the Palisades garden. Everyone raved about the food and the service.

Yepez and his team were a blessing to our family, helping out with every little detail and with a surprise, slide show of us (bride and groom), cutting the cake etc.

April, 2010

Sent on 05/27/2010

2.2
      2.5
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0
      1.5

We had a wedding event and had booked 20+ rooms and a venue there. At the end, it worked out okay. However, we were extremely disappointed with the response time. Questions would not get answered till 3-4 days later. There was some miscommunication with the sales manager and the bar staff. The guy at the bar (reports to Jippes (sp?)) was the floor leader on Saturday night. The guy would not let us bring in subway to eat. My friend and I were trying to talk to him, and he had the audacity to tell us "I can only talk to one of you". Extremely rude. Not only was he rude, he was not flexible at all. It was more of a "Too bad you got subway, you cant eat in one of the banquet rooms AT A WEDDING". He refused even work with us to find an alternative. As I said, at the end outside vendors made the wedding beautiful. The staff (except Joy) was not very helpful in terms of catering. Felt like they did everything but make things easy for us during our special day. Seems communication is an issue with this hotel. Any communication is perceived as "over communication" and the response is rude or "one person talk" or "why is everyone calling me?". In retrospect, I would have picked another hotel for the event.

Sent on 03/12/2013