Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort Reviews

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort 3
  • Caroline

Caroline Novotny · Married on 02/09/2019

A dream venue!

Our wedding was absolutely perfect at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde Beach!! From the time we first visited the venue for our destination wedding, we knew right away it was the one! The staff are beyond welcoming, the vibe of the hotel is laid back and fun, and the beach is gorgeous! Throughout the entire planning process and up to the big day, the events team went ABOVE AND BEYOND to accommodate us, answer all of our questions, and make us feel so comfortable. They handled all last minute requests and changes effortlessly and truly our day was a dream come true. Our guests had a blast too! Can't say more positive things about the Courtyard Marriott and all of their staff!! We had our ceremony on the beach, cocktail hour on the grass, and reception at Las Brisas rooftop. If you are looking for a relaxing, fun, and picturesque beach wedding, this is your place!!

Sent on 03/29/2019

Samar · Married on 05/11/2018

My original venue contacted me with less than 60 days to my wedding telling me there will be construction. Immediately on my search for a new venue I was put in contact with Courtyard. Natalia helped me solidify the switch in venue and eased my mind. As if it couldn’t have gotten better Melody was our point of contact the rest of the time, all through the wedding day. She was incredible. Apart from being one of the friendliest people I have had the pleasure of working with, she’s great at her job. She helped us map out everything. Due to extreme traffic day of we had to find a new location for our first look, and she graciously allowed us to use a section of the hotel that we did not originally plan to have access to. Throughout the wedding my husband and I kept commenting how happy we were with the staff, the service during our wedding was baffling. Not even at fine dining restaurants have I experience such love and professionalism. If you’re in between places, just take it from a bride who went through everything possible, THIS PLACE WILL TAKE SO MUCH STRESS OFF YOUR PLATE, and allow you to enjoy your day. PS: go with the skirt steak!!!! Everyone who ordered it loved it, including me and my husband!

Sent on 05/25/2018
    Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort 4

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

Michelle Ditto and the Courtyard Marriott came highly recommended by our wedding planner. We are extremely happy to have listened and had our Welcome Dinner at sunset on May 19th. There are really no words to explain how magical this night was for us and our 45 guests. Michelle Ditto and her team made my dreams come true with our authentic lechon! The outdoor venue option was breathtaking and set the tone for our wedding weekend. Now the food...was nothing short of Amazing. Just when u thought that the food couldn't get any better after the most delicious appetizers and welcome rum punch...dinner was served. My group of rice lovers raved about how delicious the arroz con gandules really was. Rest assured that when you work with Michelle Cotto and her crew, you will receive top notch service, communication and service.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Damaris T · Married on 06/05/2016

We had our wedding ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner at this venue and we had a marvellous experience. 5 star treatment from Michelle Cotto and her team!..The food was awesome during cocktail hour, reception and the fabulous rehearsal dinner under the stars was quite the talk of our friends and guests....Thank you so much for making true our dream wedding...we highly recommend this fabulous venue....Thumbs up!!....Damaris & Kevin 06-05-16.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Erin · Married on 01/09/2016

I had my wedding at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde this past Saturday, January 9, 2016. I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing the venue, staff, and accomodations were throughout the entire process. I got engaged in August and with the help of Jatzel, Michelle, and Natalia, I was able to plan the most beautiful wedding I have even been to (I know that I am a bit biased since it was my own but its true) in just 4 months! Jatzel and Michelle were very responsive to all of my requests and questions while I was planning the wedding from Boston. My fiancee and I also visited the resort back in October to finalize all of the details. We ended up changing around a lot of the details once we saw things in person and Jatzel was happy to help. Natalia took extra care to make sure that all of my guests had the proper rooms and that my immediate family members and wedding party were designated as VIPs. Everyone on the staff at the hotel is amazing as well. The level of professionalism is unparalleled. I want to also give a special shout out to Luis, the bar manager, who took extra care of my guests at the pool bar. On the wedding day, everything was coordinated perfectly between the Courtyard staff and my vendors. As the bride, I did not have to stress about anything because everyone was working together so well. I was able to just sit back and enjoy my day. The food, drinks, and set up were amazing and all of my guests commented on how it was the most beautiful wedding. I had my ceremony on the sand area next to the pool, and my cocktail hour and reception were in the pool area. I couldn't ask for a more perfect setting. I highly highly recommend having your wedding at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde. Everything was beyond perfect. Thank you to the wonderful staff. I love you all!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Kate · Married on 04/14/2015

We were married at the Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde on Tuesday April 14, 2015. The ceremony was on the Sirena Terrace as well as Cocktail hour. Our reception was in the green grass area. We had approximately 32 guests. All of our guests stayed at the resort for around a week. We signed our contract with the resort about a year in advance. I was provided a vendor list and worked Jatzel from the resort. I also worked with Barbara for our rooms. Both of them were beyond professional and helpful. I was emailing the constantly throughout the entire year. They were friendly and caring. The resort was beautiful. The food was excellent. The rooms were clean. Staff was friendly. They made us feel wonderful our entire stay. They helped my vision come true and we had our dream wedding! We highly recommend this resort if you are interested in a destination wedding. It was an amazing experience and we are forever grateful!

Sent on 04/20/2015

sancheztini · Married on 04/11/2015

The hotel and all of the staff we worked with were fantastic. They were responsive, sensitive to our needs and concerns, and flexible. We had a lechon brought in, and they were very accommodating and provided great service with the food. In particular, Michelle C., who was our event coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure we threw a memorable rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Donna · Married on 06/30/2014

On Monday, June 30th, our daughter and son-in-law had their dream come true as they were married at the Courtyard by Marriott, Isla Verde. The overall experience was exceptional from the ceremony through the reception. Everyone at the Courtyard, from Barbara in reservations, Jatzel in Catering, all of the recommended vendors, and the entire wait staff could not do enough to ensure our affair was successful. We received nothing but positive feedback from all of our guests. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Donna In Philly

Sent on 07/10/2014

Lidia · Married on 04/04/2014

Beautiful venue, great customer service! We felt very well taken care of and everyone worked very hard to make our event a special one.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Christine · Married on 11/02/2013

The team at this resort did a fantastic job, our wedding was gorgeous, everyone was very helpful and kind. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Marlyane · Married on 08/03/2013

I always knew I wanted a beach wedding but when I visited the Courtyard I knew it was going to be the perfect location for my beach wedding. I was a little nervous at first; planning everything from Boston but with Moraima's help everything went smoothly. At the Courtyard, the employees were very polite, attentive, responsive and helped me with everything I needed. The beach area looked gorgeous and the food was amazing. I was very happy with the service and I highly recommend the Courtyard by Marriott at Isla Verde for you wedding or event!

Sent on 08/28/2013
  • W

Wendy · Married on 03/13/2013

Moraima and her staff helped me through every question and detail I had an issue with. They were absolutely amazing. Our rooms were wonderful. The staff was always a pleasure to deal with. I would definitely stay here again if I were to return. Having to deal with a wedding is hard enough but having this staff to assist took a lot if the stress off that's for sure! Thank you for all your help!

Sent on 03/19/2013
  • Rae

Rae · Married on 10/13/2012

What a beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception! Michelle was so responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. "Island time" is just a phrase here because all of my e-mails and phone calls were returned very promptly. The service was so friendly and wonderful by the entire resort staff, including the banquet staff. We chose the Puerto Rican wedding package and the food was delish. All of our guests said this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding--and many of them, including my husband, are not adventurous eaters! Such a great value for a bride on a budget! Willing to work within my budget and with a smile!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Angela · Married on 06/21/2012

I worked very closely with Michelle Cotto in the planning of my wedding at the Courtyard Marriott and she was a pleasure to work with. Between her and everyone else I hired to help with the wedding planning, everything went very well on the day of the wedding and everything turned out beautifully. The cost for the facility was very reasonable and included a 4 hour open bar which my guests took full advantage of. They also gave me a free upgrade to a suite for the duration of my stay which was really nice. I did have a small issue with my final bill but the mistake was corrected very quickly. I enjoyed everything!

Sent on 07/02/2012

carol · Married on 04/14/2012

Michelle Cota and her staff at the Courtyard of Marriott Isle Verda was a delight. She had everthing available and ready to go on ceremony day. Planning the event was a good experience with communication great. Everything done through email..so you did wonder how it would turn out. Spectactular!

Sent on 04/23/2012
  • stephanieg0618

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2011

Michelle and Francis over exceeded our expectation for our wedding, it was perfect! Eveyrthing was how we wanted it and they were very helpful! All of our guests cant stop talking about how much fun they had, really was amazing. Will remember it forever and plan to come back! The food and staff were excellent, the ceremony beautiful. Thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Stephanie · Married on 11/21/2009

I love this hotel !!! The staff were so great with me and my guests. I had my ceremony and reception over there and everything was amazing. The view was incredible which means I have great pictures. And the most important part is that I'm really happy with the services and with the money a paid for it !!!!

Sent on 02/20/2010

Carmen · Married on 06/07/2008

The hotel staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day a perfect day.

Sent on 06/01/2010

Niki · Married on 07/01/2017

I got married on July 1st 2017 at the Courtyard by Marriott. My decision was made immediately when I spoke with Michele and Madeline. They put all my anxiety about planning a destination wedding to ease. Michele Cotto was a pleasure to work with, she answered all my questions and was very accommodating to my requests. I picked this Hotel because they were able to accommodate 100 plus guests for a destination wedding and I wanted an outdoor reception. They provided a great DJ, the space was beautiful and the decor by Lorraine was spectacular. We had no complaints about the food and drinks. Nicole help us with our guest reservations and she was a pleasure; very professional and we got accommodated like a Bride and Groom should! Thank you all!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Marla · Married on 11/25/2016

This hotel was perfect for us, for our families, and for our guests traveling from out of town for our wedding. The environment was family-friendly; my son loved the pool, and they had a staff person engaging with the children for different activities (e.g. face painting, scavenger hunt, etc.). Also, it had a nice bar, swim-up bar, and casino for our single and young-couple friends. Logistically, it made sense because it was close to the airport, so we knew everyone would be able to get from the airport to the resort.

The ceremony set-up and views were beautiful. We did our ceremony on their deck, which was the right choice for us because my elderly grandfather didn't have to walk into the sand; he could use his walker. The details related to the wedding were easy to navigate through with Michelle Cotto and other hotel employees. Everyone was so attentive to our needs and small details. I was very impressed with all hotel staff members that we interacted with (the bell-service people at the front door, the front-desk folks, the poolside/deck staff, the servers, etc.). I've never planned a wedding before, so the staff answered all of my questions and concerns. They were accommodating with last minute changes.

We are already looking forward to spending our five or ten year reunion here with all of our family and friends again!

Sent on 12/16/2016

I worked primarily with Jatzel Lozano. He was fabulous and our wedding was even better than we imagined it would be. Courtyard by Marriott exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 03/25/2015
  • Tiara

Tiara · Married on 03/21/2019

My Dream Wedding!

We can't even find the words to say how thankful we are for the wonderful service Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde provided, Eva Toledo was FANTASTIC! Nothing is perfect, but they did everything in their power to make sure it was as perfect as possible. Any concern we had Eva and her team made sure were resolved. We entered our room to handwritten letters, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries! We are forever grateful for such a magical wedding week!! Blessings from the Jackson's!

Sent on 03/27/2019
    Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort 5
    Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort 6

Saranya · Married on 02/22/2014

The hotel staff were incredible team of professionals. Thank you for making our day a once in a life time moment. My family and friends were very well taken care off and we have truly enjoyed ourselves.

You all exceeded our expectation and Moraima was exceptional as well.

Sent on 03/11/2014

Kara · Married on 09/08/2018

3.0

Everything was amazing!!! They helped our vision come alive and we had the wedding of a lifetime. The flexibility, accommodation, and quality of service was outstanding. The people who work there were next level and catered to every need of our guests which made everyone feel so comfortable. Thank you <3

Sent on 09/15/2018

Cheri · Married on 11/02/2013

Beautiful venue and the staff was so friendly and helpful.

Sent on 11/17/2013