Courtney Hellen Photography Reviews

22 Reviews for Courtney Hellen Photography

• Renae

Renae S. · Married on 01/23/2021

Courtney is amazing!

I highly recommend Courtney to anyone looking for a talented, personable, professional photographer! We spent the whole day with Courtney for our engagement photos and we had such a great time! She made us feel very comfortable and I am so happy with our photos! Excited for her to shoot our wedding!

Sent on 01/31/2021
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 10/13/2020

All-around awesome and talented photographer / human

I knew we were in good hands with Courtney from our very first correspondence. I wasn't sure if I even wanted photos or could realistically afford them for our little elopement. Courtney made me feel reassured and genuinely excited! She was so friendly, enthusiastic, communicative, extremely flexible (I literally switched our outdoor venue 2 days before go-time due to rain), and cool – just super cool. Our photos turned out AMAZING. I knew they'd be great, and the results still surpassed my expectations. I barely recognize the couple in our photos – we are awkward and silly, but Courtney made us look so glamorous and romantic. Can’t say enough good things about our experience. Thank you, Courtney! You rock!!

Sent on 10/25/2020
  • Ruthie

Amanda · Married on 10/03/2020

So easy to work with and takes stunning photos!

Courtney was so enthusiastic and easy to communicate with leading up to our engagement session, and was wonderful at helping us relax during the shoot (we're both a little awkward and nervous in front of the camera, and she helped us capture some truly lovely moments!) We, and everyone else, has been swooning over our engagement shots and we are so excited to get to have her do our wedding as well!

Adding another note - Courtney also photographed our wedding last fall, and was amazing. She was kind, fun, professional, enthusiastic, aware of safety precautions, and such a fun addition to the day (along with her second shooter Kassandra!) We cherish those photos and have way too many up on our walls because we can’t pick our favorites.

If you’re considering hiring Courtney, have no hesitations!

Sent on 03/17/2020
  • Amber

Amber M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Book Courtney while you can!

Courtney is a true gem. We were on the fence with booking professional photos as the wedding expenses were quickly mounting, and WOW, are we glad we did. Courtney not only took beautiful photos but absolutely rolled with the changes as we had to re-schedule our wedding date due to covid and then our venue due to the Oregon wildfires.

Courtney always communicated in a timely and compassionate manner and was able to quickly set boundaries with guests that didn't want to comply with covid regulations during photos. She also gladly accepted creative direction while also directing us in shots that quickly became our favorites.

It's clear that Courtney's first priority is serving her clients, and I have no doubt that she'll quickly become booked out for 2021. So my unsolicited advice: book her while you can. If there was a listicle for Oregon's Top 30 Wedding Photographers Under 30, she'd be leading the pack.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Amaris

Amaris · Married on 07/13/2020

More Than a Photo

When my wife and I thought of a photographer for our destination wedding, we didn’t just want to choose from a pool of local artists. We wanted someone that so perfectly would capture the essence of us no matter how far away we’d find them. We happened to stumble upon Courtney’s work on Instagram and fell in love with her unique style. After traveling to Portland for an engagement shoot, we knew she was the perfect person to capture our Puerto Rico wedding. Courtney was amazing at capturing every single detail of our wedding and making us laugh through the process. She traveled thousands of miles to simply make sure that our day was everything we hoped for and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. Thank you for giving us memories we’ll never ever forget!

Sent on 07/20/2020

Aliesha W. · Married on 07/04/2020

Best Photographer!

Courtney did an amazing job at our wedding! She was patient, professional, and really easy going. We are so happy with our wedding pictures! We definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/04/2021
  • Michelle

Michelle B. · Married on 12/07/2019

Courtney is literally the best

Yo- stop right now and book Courtney. You won't regret it. Not only does she produce amazing photos, but you can tell she gives a damn about what she does. She made me feel so comfortable every step of the way and if I could hire her again and again, I would in a heartbeat. She is so down-to-earth but professional at the same time. I felt like I was working with a friend, who happened to be a bomb ass photographer. She's dedicated, creative, and really knows what she's doing behind the camera. Hire Courtney, then print those photos because they'll be SO good.

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Colton

Colton B. · Married on 10/18/2019

Really Amazing!

Courtney Hellen Photography did a really wonderful job of making our day feel really special and easy. My wife and I have had trouble with photographers in the past being hard to work with, and hard to get in touch with. We had absolutely no problems working with Courtney, she and her partner were both extremely friendly and easy to work with, they work well together and know what they are doing. We were very pleased with the final product and without a doubt they made our very special day even more special.

Sent on 01/31/2020

Melanie B. · Married on 10/18/2019

Quirky, fun couple to work with

We got to work with both Hellen and her husband. Very friendly and easy to work with. It was raining outside (where we wanted photos) and they came prepped with these adorable umbrellas to still be able to get the photos we wanted.
    They went with the flow of our busy wedding day and made the day a blast, and very memorable.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Kori C. · Married on 09/21/2019

Comfortable and professional

Courtney was the photographer I never knew I needed. She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed during our shoot which truly made our photos look that much better! She captured the most amazing moments and we got our photos back so fast it was amazing to relive through her beautiful photography.
    Highly highly recommend

Sent on 01/20/2020
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 09/14/2019

Could not be happier with our experience

Courtney's devotion and knack for capturing the realness and uniqueness of relationships was so apparent from the moment our engagement shoot started. She made us feel so relaxed. For two people who typically don't like their photos taken, she made it a fun and memorable experience. Her style of photography and photo editing is really special and emotive. If we had to pick again, Courtney would be the top choice every single time. We cannot wait for her to be a part of our big day.

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Shylo

Shylo Y. · Married on 09/07/2019

Engagement Photo Sesh

Courtney took my engagement photos in NW Washington after taking photos for my moms wedding. It was such a fun experience. She is so creative with locations, poses, colors, and makes you feel and look so photogenic. So excited for her to shoot my elopement!

Sent on 12/27/2019

Regan V. · Married on 09/05/2019

Love your photographer

Courtney is amazing as a person, an artist, and a photographer. I loved how she had a great sense of humor, and interacted with us, but was also very much in the background while taking beautiful and candid photos of us and our families during a day that we both treasure now and will continue to for forever thanks to her photos.

Sent on 02/05/2020

Danielle S. · Married on 06/29/2019

Better than we could’ve ever dreamed!

Simply put, we would not have been able to have the wedding of our dreams without Courtney’s willingness to go above and beyond for her clients. Having a destination wedding adds a whole new level of stress when it comes to planning but Courtney made it feel easy. Her thoughtfulness and skill truly shine through in her work and her dedication. Our photos absolutely, positively blew us away! We absolutely LOVED the use of digital, film and even a few polaroids to capture moments from the day. But when I look back on the whole process, I remember more than just the final result — Courtney’s kindness, excitement and encouragement are what stands out when we look back on our special day. We are so deeply thankful for all the hard work she put in to make our elopement the best day of our entire lives.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Samantha · Married on 06/22/2019

10/10 recommend

Courtney was AMAZING!! Showed up earlier than we had planned, helped us get organized and was flawless when moving to the next set of pictures that had to be done!!! I got so many compliments after the wedding about how amazing Courtney and her husband were. We went on honeymoon right after the wedding and not even 24 hours later we received a sample photo. Overall we are extremely impressed with her work

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica D. · Married on 05/10/2019

Magicalness

Not only was Courtney professional and knew her way around the shoot, but she was an absolute pleasure to work with: she made us feel comfortable and we ended up having a blast! In the end she delivered some amazing photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2019

Lexie C. · Married on 01/15/2019

Courtney is Amazing!

Courtney has a way about her that makes you feel 100% comfortable in front of her camera. She laughs, makes jokes, and has fun creative ideas for each shot. She truly captures the most natural and authentic moments within the photos.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Sonia (. · Married on 08/31/2018

Perfectly artistic

Courtney is amazing, she took very natural photos of my husband and I at our wedding while at the same time capturing a nice artistic look. Some of my favorite photos were the ones that were unplanned, just her capturing the moment.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing and Authentic

Courtney did our engagement and wedding photos -BLEW. MY. MIND. Our engagement photos or the first time we had ever taken professional photos. We were worried they were going to look for us and a Natural but Courtney‘s approach was so perfect for us she really listens to what we wanted and Taylor and our session for engagement photos in the wedding to be exactly what we wanted. She absolutely killed it! We couldn’t be happier with the photos we got from her. She was super easy to work with and really understood what we were getting after. 14/10 will use her incredible services for other photos (she does maternity ones too ☺️)

Sent on 10/26/2018

Morgan · Married on 05/04/2018

Beautiful Human

She is great. We hiring often.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Skylar · Married on 04/08/2017

100 Times Yes!

Courtney brings her unique personality and style of photography better than most other photographers I've encountered! We had a blast with her on our session and I'd book her over and over. She made it feel like an adventure and we were comfortable the entire time! Then we got our photos and were blown away even more! I can't say enough about Courtney!

Sent on 01/31/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn L. · Married on 09/12/2016

Maternity and newborn pictures

Courtney is beyond amazing at capture the most precious moments. The past few months she’s been there for maternity and newborn photos and each time I was blown away. She’s able to capture love and emotions in each picture she takes and I can not thank her enough. Our family will always be recommending and using her.

Sent on 03/12/2021