Courage & Co Photography Reviews

38 | Richmond, VA

38 Reviews for Courage & Co Photography

Daniel Slaski · Getting married on 12/06/2020

Couldn't be happier

Jake is the best. For starters, he has an amazing eye and takes vibrant and stunning photos.  We love our wedding album and actually look at it because the photos are so great and bring back such wonderful memories.  He gives guidance when helpful but also allows for a lot of serendipity and spontaneity to capture moments with personality.  He has a relaxed and confident demeanor that helps others let down their guard and get the best, most natural feeling shots.  Our wedding day was very hot and he went on a trek with us through humid botanical gardens to get stunning natural backdrops.  He is a trooper!  We can't wait to work with him again for special occasions in the future.

Sent on 06/24/2020
  • Megan

Megan McCay · Married on 11/09/2019

Wonderful experience!

We had the best experience with Jake! He did a great job capturing so many wonderful shots of us, our family, and our friends on the wedding day. He made my husband I feel comfortable taking our portraits, and they turned out beautifully. He was great at capturing our essence as a couple and the natural beauty of our venue. He blended right in with our guests and got so many great shots. He and his co-photographer were very professional, friendly, and talented. And we got our pictures back very quickly. I absolutely highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Casey

Casey Stone · Married on 09/07/2019

Jake is fantastic!

Our experience with Jake was fantastic from start to finish! He was very responsive when we first reached out and was flexible in offering the package we wanted at a reasonable price. I didn't have spend much time communicating with him leading up to the wedding for him to understand our goals - what overall aesthetic we preferred in our photos, and what we were actually looking for on the day of.
    Jake arrived promptly and jumped right into it, finding the perfect lighting and backdrops. During the ceremony he was very discreet (as far as I could tell - I wasn't distracted by a camera but we have proof that he was there!), and afterwards he zipped us through the posed photos (as we requested) so we could get right into celebrating with our guests. We requested mostly candid photos capturing the fun of our wedding, and he delivered! Many guests commented that he was absolutely everywhere during the reception, and the 1100+ pictures confirm that!
    We received our photos from Jake 3 days after our wedding, and it was SO MUCH FUN looking through them on our honeymoon! Not only were the pictures absolutely gorgeous and exactly what we had requested, he really managed to capture basically everything that happened from before the ceremony through our grand exit (which required him to stay a little after his contracted time and he did with no question!). Jake was so easy and fun to work with - and trust me, you want someone that fun for your wedding photographer, because they'll be interacting with you and your guests the whole time - and his pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Jami Eaton · Married on 05/25/2019

Jake is the best! This is your ideal wedding photographer right here :)!

We are so happy we went with Courage & Co.! My husband and I always feel awkward in front of the camera, but not so with Jake. He immediately made us feel comfortable and we could not be more pleased with the photos he took of our special day. From the first emails and meeting to the contact after the wedding, Jake has been friendly, helpful, and professional. His work is incredible; definitely take the time to check out his website and look at his portfolio. Jake caught all of the special moments and was a complete sweetheart to have hang out with our family and friends and capture the memories. You seriously can't go wrong, book him!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing photography

Jake and his second shooter did an amazing job at capturing all of the moments I wanted at my wedding. With 220 people he still managed to get photos of all of my guests and he was very flexible dealing with rain, delays, and all sorts of obstacles that day. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding or other special event. Great team with a great attitude.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 11/03/2018

We loved working with Jake

We had an absolute blast working with Jake! We instantly fell in love with his style and could not be happier with the results of our wedding photos. He is personable and efficient and was great at getting us out of our shells and making us feel comfortable. One thing that amazed me was how many great moments he captured during our reception and we never even realized he was there. I've been to other weddings where it feels like the photographer is in your face all nice but Jake has this uncanny ability of getting into the action without distracting you from it. Jake also has incredibly quick turnaround. I hear horror stories of people waiting months for the photos but Jake managed to get them to us in a matter of days. He even went above an beyond and brought us a thumb drive of our wedding photos when we were having trouble getting the file to transfer. Several members of our wedding party commented on how much fun he was to work with. We were very pleased with his services!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Eliza · Married on 05/06/2018

Courage & Co did an amazing job for our engagement photos, and we're so excited to work with them on our big day. Jake really knows how to provide cues for poses, and he's extremely easy to work with, as well as super responsive. We love our photos so much, and couldn't have done it without Jake's great eye and direction. Worth every penny.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Kirsten · Married on 05/05/2018

We had Jake do our engagement photos, and not only did they turn out incredible, he was so easy to work with! He is very kind and attentive and provides a sense of ease and comfort. We have booked him for our wedding as well, and I have no doubt in my mind that experience will be just as amazing

Sent on 11/29/2017

Jake has a great eye and captures the best moments. His skills are incredible and he was so patient and flexible. He brought great ideas for the posed shots and took some really amazing candids. Can't recommend him highly enough

Sent on 05/09/2018
  • Kaela

Kaela · Married on 02/02/2018

We were so lucky to have Jake from Courage & Co come down to Florida to photograph our wedding. We had worked with Jake previously on some family photos and he was amazing at our wedding as well! He was professional but also so much fun to work with and helped us get some amazing shots. Everyone in my bridal party and our families was raving about how well he worked with us to get the photos we wanted. I don't even know how he got some of the photos we have because it seems like he would have had to be in 10 places at once - but that's just part of his magic. He has a way of making everyone in the room feel calm and comfortable, and the results show in our photos. I cannot say enough good things about Jake and his skills and I only hope we get the chance to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2017

Jake was wonderful, both leading up to the wedding and on the day of. He did a great job of putting people at ease, and he really got some great pictures. The pictures were ready way faster than I expected, and I was SO impressed with the quality! I have nothing negative to say about him - he was responsive, professional, friendly and just incredibly talented. My cousin hired him for her wedding next summer after seeing how great he was at our wedding. I highly recommend using Courage & Co. for anything and everything!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Nicki · Married on 09/29/2017

So very pleased with Jake as the photographer at my daughter’s wedding—could not have asked for anyone better! In fact, my sister just hired him for her daughter’s wedding next year—that’s the best testimonial right there! He is someone you want to keep in the family for photographing all your special events—he makes it seem effortless and natural...as if he’s just one of us! I’m recommending him to anyone in need of a photographer...you’re the best at what you do Jake!! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Coldon · Married on 05/28/2017

I'm almost at a loss for words when I think of Jake's contribution to our engagement and wedding.

In fact, we haven't stopped hearing about him from nearly all of our guests. From the first few email exchanges, to the engagement photos, all the way up until the big day, he was nothing short of perfect in just about every way. Jake has a natural eye not only for great composition, but also capturing his client's personalities and the mood/atmosphere of each location. He has that magic ability to make everyone feel at ease in front of the camera and his enthusiasm is quite infectious. On top of that, in the typically chaotic swirl of a wedding-day, Jake is a force of calm, adapting to each scenario with ease and helping to organize group shots with an amazing degree of patience.

I've also had the chance to work with Jake in the professional sphere as well, shooting on-location portraits for some print ads. His skills translate to this setting as well. After we were done, our camera-shy clients couldn't stop singing his praises. No matter where this guy goes, he leaves quite the impression.

Stop your searching, you will not find a more charming and skilled photographer

Sent on 06/06/2017

Valencia · Married on 05/26/2017

Jake was amazing!! Would definitely refer him!!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Alison · Married on 05/06/2017

We can't thank Jake enough for all of the stellar work he did for us during our wedding! In addition to being everywhere at once to capture so many amazing moments, he went above and beyond by stepping into other roles when needed just to help us out. Many of our guests commented on what an incredible job he did and how seamless it was having him there during the ceremony and reception. He was always very responsive, flexible, and really made us feel at ease in front of the camera. The photo turnaround was lightning fast and the quality of his work is exceptional. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed going through every single photo and we feel like we have had the chance to experience every part of the reception all over again, including moments we may have missed in person (particularly on the dance floor!). Jake was a real pleasure to work with and using Courage & Co. was definitely one of the best decisions we made during the whole wedding planning process. In addition to recommending him to anyone in need of a wedding photographer, we also plan to use him for all of our future photography needs!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Jeremy · Married on 05/06/2017

We had Jake photograph our intimate wedding ceremony and could not have been happier with the quality of the pictures. Not only is his work outstanding but he makes you feel at ease in front of the camera, which is very important if you are camera shy like we are. He captured the feeling of the day with a wide range of images and a special talent for finding sweet, candid moments in between more formal shots. We are completely in love with our wedding pictures and our family and friends can't stop gushing about how beautiful they are!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Daina · Married on 11/05/2016

We booked Courage & Co to photograph our wedding and we are SO happy that we did! Before the wedding, I traded a bunch of emails with Jake, and he was always prompt to respond and very helpful working out what we needed, timelines, copyright concerns, etc. Super easy to work with.

The day of, our two photographers (go with the two photographer package) showed up and just went to work doing the getting-ready-pictures and taking artsy pictures of the rings, cake, dress, decorations, etc. We didn't really have any pictures that we had planned out, so they were super helpful and creative taking advantage of the space we had to get some really cool shots.

After the ceremony, we did about an hour and 20 minutes of portraits, and group photos with the wedding party and family. We had timed the wedding so that we'd be doing photos during golden hour (the hour before sunset has the best light), and there were some friends and family who kept trying to jump in pictures. The photographers were super professional and effective at managing people so that we could get the pictures done that we needed to before we lost the good light.

During the reception, they did an amazing job getting great pictures of pretty much everyone.

A week or so after the wedding (while we were on our honeymoon), we got an email that had a link to an online gallery of all the pictures that we could send to friends and family, as well as a link to download all the high-res photos for getting prints, as well as lower-res copies that we're going to use for facebook, etc. When we got home, there was a thumbdrive waiting in the mail for us with the same thing.

Courage & Co were great, and we are so glad that we hired them. They were very professional, incredibly easy to work with, and the quality of their work is outstanding. We'd highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Emily · Married on 09/18/2016

My husband and I chose Courage & Co for our wedding photography after finding some amazing shots online that he'd taken full of color and personality. We contacted him and found him responsive, warm, and very fun to work with! We were planning a wedding from out of town and Jake was very flexible with us for timing an engagement photo shoot in Richmond as well. My family and bridal party loved Jake and his team! They were easy to work with and seemed to truly enjoy being such an integral part of our day. We loved him and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a fun, energetic, organized wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Kristen · Married on 07/16/2016

Jake is an absolutely amazing photographer! We had him for our wedding and a back to school shoot for our son. He puts all of his time, energy, and focus into his business. He took a lot of time to find the right locations and provide the best shots for both of our events. He is quick to get back to you, very flexible with time and location, and he gets your proofs back instantly! We had all of our wedding pictures back the next day to look over, as well as our son's back to school pictures. He is affordable, fun, and very professional!! Grab him while you can!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Alysha · Married on 06/26/2016

Jake's work speaks for itself. My pictures are astounding. He was timely, professional, and courteous, and we had proofs of our pictures back almost immediately. I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Courage and Co. Photography. I would highly recommend if anyone is looking for engagement or wedding pictures in the DC/ Maryland/Virginia area.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Maya · Married on 06/25/2016

Jake was an awesome photographer. He was incredibly organized, patient, helpful and cheerful throughout. He expertly and smoothly handled numerous family members needing this or that but I never felt ignored or wrangled. Because of Jake's calm demeanor I felt comfortable and beautiful throughout the day. The wedding was so fast and the reception seemed even faster- I think my favorite part of the day was the time I got to spend with my new husband during our newlywed shots. Thank you Jake for being such a calm, direct and thoughtful professional. I can't wait to hire you again!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • W

Wayne · Married on 06/25/2016

Jake is a really great person and photographer. He is flexible and professional. He did a great job capturing all of the important moments and making sure we looked our best. I would highly recommend him for your next big event!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Charlie · Married on 06/18/2016

Courage & Co. Photography (Jake Cunningham) captured our wedding day perfectly. He has an amazing eye for catching tons of detail and precious moments. He is very easy to work with, his prices are fair, and turnaround time to get all of the photos back is extremely quick--(less than two days from event). I would absolutely recommend Courage & Co.'s services for an engagement session or wedding. I couldn't imagine our pictures coming out any better than they did. We were so pleased!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Courage & Co Photography was amazing to work with! Jake was incredibly responsive on all of our inquiries. He also turned our photo's around incredibly fast. If you're looking for an affordable photographer who knows what he's doing, I highly recommend Courage & Co Photography!!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Katherine · Married on 06/04/2016

Jake was amazing! Our guests loved him and mentioned repeatedly how easy going he was. He photographed our wedding open house rehearsal at a lake and the action shots were fantastic. He also photographed the wedding which we loved.

Jake went above and beyond...He stepped in on arrival and helped move tables when heavy rain caused our tent to flood. More importantly, he made the bride a priority and immediately texted to assure her he was on site and taking photos of the setup which he captired perfectly!

A great experience and a great vendor, definitely a value as I expect he'll be raising rates soon so book as quickly as possible!!

Sent on 06/23/2016