Country Garden Florist Reviews

10 Reviews for Country Garden Florist

10 Country Garden Florist Reviews
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 10/21/2017

Mary went above and beyond to make our wedding more beautiful than we could have imagined. She is very responsive and worked with us to bring our vision for the day to life (while sticking to our budget). She was a joy to work with at every stage of the process - we can't say enough good things about her!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Country Garden Florist 1
    Country Garden Florist 2
    Country Garden Florist 3

Country Garden Florist's reply:

Thank you Zoe! It was our pleasure. Wishing you much love, laughter and happiness!
  • K Dot

Katie · Married on 06/03/2017

Mary did an excellent job. I saw pictures of our arrangements the day before the wedding. I wanted to make a small change, and she was able to accommodate it with no problem. When she brought the adjusted arrangements and bouquets to the preview at the rehearsal, they were EXACTLY what I wanted. The arrangements were stunning!

On the day of the wedding, she was able to put everything together beautifully with table arrangements, aisle markers, and altar arrangements. Mary is great at what she does, and I highly recommend Country Garden Florist!

Shira · Married on 10/29/2016

Mary was an amazing florist! All of the arrangements were BEAUTIFUL and she was so helpful throughout the planning process!

Caitlyn · Married on 06/21/2014

Mary was hands down the best vendor I worked with! Not only was she incredibly nice and easy to work with but she did the most beautiful work! Additionally, she came out to the venue the night before so I could preview all of my arrangements. I would highly recommend Mary and Country Garden to any bride in the Southwest VA area especially those getting married at The Homestead. She knows the resort like the back of her hand!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/02/2012

Mary was fantastic to work with and the flowers were beyond amazing. My bridal bouquet was prettier than I had imagined and it smelled divine. Having the bridal preview the day before the wedding was great because I could focus on just the flowers and get to enjoy them. I had one flower that was in the bridesmaid bouquets that I wasn't crazy about and Mary quickly removed them and had them replaced in the bouquets the next day at the wedding. The centerpiece bowls were footed glass bowls that were great quality and my mother in law and mother are already re-using them. It was also a nice touch that Mary re-purposes extra flowers and centerpieces that were not taken and brings them to a local nursing home after the wedding. Mary was wonderful, reasonably priced and I would highly recommend her services.

Country Garden Florist created the center pieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres for my wedding. They took my ideas and budget and created exactly what I had dreamed of. They work very well with any budget and can adjust the flower type to stay within your budget but still create the concept you chose. The only critique I would have is that I had a small table at the alter to have communion on and the draping of the flowers was very traditional and I am more of a modern person. I blame myself for not being more specific, they made the boutonnieres very modern and "Pinterest" like so they definitely have the ability.

The Country Garden Florist has does many events at The Omni Homestead and I have always been impressed.

Harrison · Married on 06/12/2010

If you are having a wedding out near Hot Springs, VAm Bath County, VA, or anywhere in SW VA- I highly suggest using Mary. She is super friendly to work with and makes beautiful arrangements for a really wonderful price. The best thing Mary provides is a Flower Preview the day before the wedding. It is so nice to see examples of all of the flowers and have peace of mind for the wedding day. You can also add/take away flowers if you choose too. I do suggest contacting her before the holidays because she is very busy with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentines day. And I do suggest calling her- sometimes she does not email back quickly because she is so busy. She also has creative aisle markers- I used Mint Julep Cups for my wedding.

Brittney · Married on 10/14/2017

4.2

When we first met Mary, she went over the top to ensure we were on the same page and created for us a beautiful sample bridal bouquet that exceeded my thoughts and dreams. One thing I loved was the flexibility given budget limitations. Mary knew I really liked anemones, which are expensive, so she creatively spray painted small flowers and sewed them into other white ones to create that look.

As we got closer to the wedding day, I came to find out that she would not be able to set-up my wedding, but had a couple teammates who would take over. Luckily, we had a review of all the items before my rehearsal dinner. Everything looked fantastic except for my bridal bouquet, which looked small and sad and nothing like the sample they had created a few months before. However, I was able to talk it through and show pictures of the first one for them so they would know what to go back and fix.

Come my wedding morning, my bouquet looked much better and they did a great job with all the details and transitions. I loved that we were able to rent an arbor from them, as well as lantern centerpieces etc.

The only item we were disappointed with was the welcome sign. We were told they had a designer who would create our custom message and we expected this to be hand lettered on the chalkboard sign for the day. Instead it was just printed on a black background and simply taped to the board. The size of the print wasn't even right and looks poor, so we don't even showcase the professional photos of that sign. I'm skilled at hand lettering and so I did it for all the other signage myself . Had I know this was going to happen, I would've just done it myself.

Country Garden Florist 4
    Country Garden Florist 10
    Country Garden Florist 11

Haleigh · Married on 10/01/2016

3.0

Mary did my flowers for my ceremony and reception at The Omni Homestead Resort. She was very patient and redid them for me 2-3 times because of the specifics I wanted for my look. Everything turned out amazing!! Beautiful burgundy, deep pinks, white and golds. As well as ceremony flowers, large display for cocktail hour, low center pieces on 14 tables and high and low on our head table, chargers, linens, candles, gold table runners and vases to match. The only thing is to be patient with her emailing process, she must be a busy lady, but worth the wait and worth not having to worry about anything on your wedding day!

Erin · Married on 12/16/2012

3.0

great flowers, a little expensive but that is to be expected for a rural florist. the wedding was perfect thanks to her expert placement of tables, chairs flowers and candles.