CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service Reviews

100 CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service Reviews
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Awesome wedding night

DJ Chris was amazing throughout our whole wedding planning process. He attended to every detail and made last minute adjustments to our wedding dance song. He was so flexible, condsiderate and responsive and had the crowd dancing throughout the night. We just loved him!!

Eileen · Married on 08/25/2018

Chris Sawyer is without a doubt the best Disc Jockey on the planet. Chris is a professional in every sense of the word. It is so refreshing to deal with someone who LISTENED and followed through with all of my requests. His warmth, great personality, and state-of-the art equipment resulted in a perfect ten function for not only myself but for my guests as well.

• I

Ian · Married on 02/10/2018

Chris did great, we had a wonderful wedding and the music was perfect. He mic'd our officiant which was very helpful and also did a great job as the MC. Highly recommend, he offers a great service at a good value.

Jackie · Married on 11/11/2017

Chris did an awesome job for our wedding we couldn't of been more pleased with his work. He has all the tools to handle everything you need for your special day. He is very responsive and organized we plugged everything we wanted into the website along with special requests and he played them all. Thank you Chris for your professionalism you made our event perfect!
    Jackie & Mike

Molly · Married on 09/30/2017

Chris was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. I found the DJ research process incredibly difficult, and talked to several. I felt like many jumped to talking about uplighting and add-ons, which I didn't really need and it overwhelmed me. Chris instantly listened to what we were looking for, which was a party. Most of our guests were friends our age (25-35) and so we wanted to keep the music upbeat, relatively modern, with some good throwbacks for people to sing along to. It was important to me that all music played was well-loved music. We had our guests fill out a song on their RSVP cards that would get them up on the dance floor, and I sent along all the suggestions to Chris, who used them to help shape our night. He was super easy-going, listened to what we wanted to hear and what we DID NOT want to hear, and the music just flowed. He read the floor very, very well. I had nightmares about no one dancing, and thankfully those were unfounded! People were up and dancing all night. He helped me find instrumentals of songs I wanted for our ceremony, gave suggestions, and intuitively cut our first dance song down a little bit, which I had wanted him to do but forgot to tell him. He was super quick with his responses, and pretty much always available if I had questions. I know this is said a lot, but we got a ton of compliments on the music and people are still talking about it! Your wedding DJ is an INCREDIBLY important part of your day, so do your research, and figure out what matters most to you! Chris checked off all our boxes, and I'm so happy we hired him!

Kellie · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris was awesome!! We had such a great time and he kept everyone dancing and made sure everyone was having a blast!!

Renee · Married on 05/20/2017

Chris is every brides dream DJ, he's extremely easy to work with. He is very prompt at returning texts,emails and calls. The tools he provides make it easy to choose songs, set up timelines and organize events throughout your wedding as well as a great eye for up lighting and detail (bouquet toss, dances, cake cutting). His friendly character and warm smile make it very easy for people to approach him and ask for requests with ease. All around a great guy, great company and great professionalism. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for stress free, best quality entertainment.

Catelyn · Married on 03/18/2017

Chris was a great DJ! He was easy to work with and was able to provide all of the songs that we requested for our wedding (even the obscure and much lesser known ones that we selected). We were even able to plug into his audio in order to record the speeches during the reception. My husband and I highly recommend hiring Chris for your special day (or any other event)!

May-Elise · Married on 10/08/2016

Chris was great to work with! He responded very quickly to any questions or communication we had with him, set up a time to meet with us while we were planning our wedding, and was very open to hearing our ideas and the type of music/key-wedding-moments we wanted to play.

Come the day of, Chris handled all his set-up with no fuss and did very well working with us on our day's scheduling and keeping the right energy in the room throughout the evening.

Laura · Married on 09/30/2016

Working with Chris was great! He is a lot of fun and we received several compliments on the music selection from our guests. Would definitely recommend!

We used Chris for our wedding reception and our wedding ceremony. He was great. Chris is very responsive to your emails, he met with us a few times to go over our how we wanted our day to be. Our wedding was a wonderful time! And Chris was a big reason why.

Donald · Married on 08/14/2016

Chris did a fantastic job. We highly recommend him. We used him for our wedding ceremony and reception. We actual got compliments from our wedding party on how great he was.

• nfils

Niltzer · Married on 06/25/2016

Chris was wonderful and a great communicator. He got everybody out on the dance floor and we danced our hearts out.
    Out of all the wedding vendors, Chris was our favorite. He was on top of everything and superflexible. Working with Chris took some of the wedding stress off us. We will definitely recommend him to all our newly engaged friends!

Cynthia · Married on 06/11/2016

Chris is incredibly sensitive to a couples preferences and styles of music. I would recommend him without reservation, I will write or return calls verifying his professionalism but also his ability provide the right music and atmosphere for your event..

I can't say enough positive things in a web message. I will say simply, of you hire these folks you won't be sorry.
    Cindy Faragi
    Clazzaro23@verizon.net

• User5572053 · 2+ years ago

Chris was professional and responsive during the months leading up to the event, and he did a great job on the day of. Thanks, Chris!

Chris did an amazing job as our wedding dj!!!! He was awesome and kept people dancing all night! Communicating with him was a breeze as he is incredibly prompt and professional. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a truly great dj!!

Kathryn · Married on 10/09/2015

We could tell immediately that Chris was the DJ for us when he described his strategies for maximizing dancing for guests of all ages. He was very attentive to our individual tastes and made sure everyone had a great time! He is wonderful to work with and always professional. The online tools made planning the reception so manageable. We would recommend coolcityentertainment for any of your future events!

Liz · Married on 09/26/2015

DJ Chris was very good. Responsive, interactive, and professional. The selections appropriate. The volume was also appropriate to allow dancing and conversation. We would chose him again for an event.

Jamie · Married on 09/26/2015

Chris was a pleasure to work with. He was responsive, provided suggestions, kept us on track with planning, and accommodated my last minute changes. Several guests (and my husband) commented on what a great job he did at the reception. A wonderful choice who I would recommend to anyone!

erin · Married on 08/22/2015

Chris was great! He kept people dancing all night and played a great selection. He answered emails immediately and all our questions. I would book him again if we did it all over again!

Kasia · Married on 08/08/2015

Chris was incredibly knowledgeable, responsive, professional and patient. He stayed on top of everything and would remind me when things needed to get done. He also kept track of the 100s of changes I made to the soundtrack in the months coming up to the wedding. I sent him a ton of emails and he always responded and stayed organized!

shawn · Married on 04/25/2015

Chris was very professional the entire event. My wife and I are so happy with the dj services. Everyone was dancing and the songs were all awesome.

Emily · Married on 04/25/2015

Chris was AMAZING!! His responsiveness and professionalism is incredible and he made me so relaxed about my wedding day. He worked directly with all my other vendors and it could not have run any more smoothly. The music was perfect; everyone was up dancing and there was a smile on my face the entire night!! Thank you Chris!!

h · Married on 11/01/2014

Chris, we thought you did a great job, and we really appreciated your coordination and flexibility in making sure our reception would go smoothly and be memorable for us. We've received several positive comments on how much they enjoyed the DJ and music :) We had a super time so thank you! S&H

Laura · Married on 09/21/2014

Chris DJed our ceremony and wedding on 09/21/2014 at the Danversport Yacht Club, and we could not be happier with the services he provided for us on our special day. Chris took so much time to tailor the entire evening to our exact desires, and completely delivered on making our wedding an unforgettable event. He kept the energy high and people excited on the dance floor, transitioned wonderfully from upbeat dance songs to slower dance songs, and chose the perfect music for our casual cocktail hour as well. Chris met with us a few separate times (even the week before our wedding), and was 100% accessible if we ever had anything we needed to discuss with him. I CANNOT recommend him enough for anyone's wedding in the area, he is the BEST!