CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service Reviews

106 | Danvers, MA

106 Reviews for CoolCityEntertainment DJ & Uplighting Service

Dean Gross · Married on 08/31/2019

Great DJ for Weddings

Chris did a great job, He was very professional and made all of our recommendations. His DJ gear was new and look very nice. Chris responded to all our emails in a timely matter and followed up when needed. I would highly recommend Chris for any kind of event!

Thanks again, Chris!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Rioux · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderful, A+ DJ!

Chris was fantastic! His pre-wedding questionnaire was very detailed and he took time to speak with us on the phone prior to the wedding to discuss specifics. Everything went exactly as planned with no surprises or hiccups. We were very pleased, and all of our guests had a great time. Excellent value for the money as we found Chris' rates very reasonable!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Melissa · Married on 06/01/2019

Proud to partner with DJ Chris!

DJ Chris is the best! He was our most responsive vendor by far, and made the music process very straightforward for us between email/text communication and the online platform. He offers a very fair price, and will not try to up-sell you on items you are not interested in.

Chris is so genuine, and super excited about your day and the music that will create lasting memories. He really devotes substantial time to thinking about your song choices and bringing them together for the ceremony/reception. He worked with us to have two friends play two different songs on guitar during the reception, and helped coordinate with our Best Man to have musical accompaniment during his speech.

His joy in DJing really helped to elevate our own excitement leading up to and on the big day! We are proud to have partnered with Chris for our wedding.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Linly

Linly & Fro · Married on 01/19/2019

The best experience possible.

Chris was the most enjoyable vendor I hired for my wedding. He was fantastic, from the amazing communication about who we were and what tone we wanted for our wedding, to taking the extra step to communicate with my other vendors to make sure they were on the same page. He was the key piece of the party, and every single one of our guest enjoyed his work! I can't say enough about how much we adored him, from his enthusiasm about our intro request (wrestling themes) to our dinner starting with a Disney song. He took every quirk we had and made it accessible to the masses, while still covering all the must plays and party hits. Our reception floor was packed from start to end, and I will never forget the laughter and smiles from our friends and family as they partied. Even more, when I had last minute changes to my bridal party and sister/bride dance due to illness- he accommodated my request with ease, taking a wild amount of stress off of my shoulders. Chris is pretty much family now.

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/26/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Chris was the DJ at my wedding a few weeks ago. He did an amazing job and listened to me and my husbands requests no matter how demanding they were! He was great to work with, was always easily accessible, and has a great attitude. He did a great job at our wedding and made sure there was always people on the dance floor having a great time! I would definitely recommend Chris for anyone’s wedding!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Awesome wedding night

DJ Chris was amazing throughout our whole wedding planning process. He attended to every detail and made last minute adjustments to our wedding dance song. He was so flexible, condsiderate and responsive and had the crowd dancing throughout the night. We just loved him!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Mia · Married on 09/01/2018

Worry free DJ

Chris was amazing! We got married on Labor Day weekend and there was one thing I knew we did not have to worry about... the DJ. Chris was very professional and his process of capturing our needs was seamless. He listened to what we wanted and made sure to get the mood just right for the day. I highly recommend Chris to anyone who would like a smooth and easy process for their DJ on their big day!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Eileen · Married on 08/25/2018

Chris Sawyer is without a doubt the best Disc Jockey on the planet. Chris is a professional in every sense of the word. It is so refreshing to deal with someone who LISTENED and followed through with all of my requests. His warmth, great personality, and state-of-the art equipment resulted in a perfect ten function for not only myself but for my guests as well.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Jennifer · event on 03/15/2018

We just had another great event with CoolCity at our Middle School Fundraiser. It is easy to work with Chris he is attentive and has a speedy response time to any questions. He made our event even better by doing a few games throughout the night that the guests really enjoyed!

Sent on 03/27/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 02/10/2018

Chris did great, we had a wonderful wedding and the music was perfect. He mic'd our officiant which was very helpful and also did a great job as the MC. Highly recommend, he offers a great service at a good value.

Sent on 02/25/2018

Jackie · Married on 11/11/2017

Chris did an awesome job for our wedding we couldn't of been more pleased with his work. He has all the tools to handle everything you need for your special day. He is very responsive and organized we plugged everything we wanted into the website along with special requests and he played them all. Thank you Chris for your professionalism you made our event perfect!
    Jackie & Mike

Sent on 11/19/2017

Molly · Married on 09/30/2017

Chris was absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. I found the DJ research process incredibly difficult, and talked to several. I felt like many jumped to talking about uplighting and add-ons, which I didn't really need and it overwhelmed me. Chris instantly listened to what we were looking for, which was a party. Most of our guests were friends our age (25-35) and so we wanted to keep the music upbeat, relatively modern, with some good throwbacks for people to sing along to. It was important to me that all music played was well-loved music. We had our guests fill out a song on their RSVP cards that would get them up on the dance floor, and I sent along all the suggestions to Chris, who used them to help shape our night. He was super easy-going, listened to what we wanted to hear and what we DID NOT want to hear, and the music just flowed. He read the floor very, very well. I had nightmares about no one dancing, and thankfully those were unfounded! People were up and dancing all night. He helped me find instrumentals of songs I wanted for our ceremony, gave suggestions, and intuitively cut our first dance song down a little bit, which I had wanted him to do but forgot to tell him. He was super quick with his responses, and pretty much always available if I had questions. I know this is said a lot, but we got a ton of compliments on the music and people are still talking about it! Your wedding DJ is an INCREDIBLY important part of your day, so do your research, and figure out what matters most to you! Chris checked off all our boxes, and I'm so happy we hired him!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Kellie · Married on 09/09/2017

Chris was awesome!! We had such a great time and he kept everyone dancing and made sure everyone was having a blast!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Pattie · event on 08/31/2017

This is my third time hiring Chris. The first time was for my daughter's birthday party, and the other two times was for a banquet. He knows how to cater to his crowds! This last time, while he was cleaning up after the banquet was over, a representative of the hall we rented asked for his information. She too was very impressed on his choice of music and he had a crowd dancing the whole time. I highly recommend Chris for any occasion!

Kerri · event on 08/31/2017

Chris was so amazing. This is the second year we have used him for our softball banquet for approximately 125 people. He is professional, easy to work with, and has a great selection of music. From using his microphone to announce our awards to dancing the night away, we highly recommend his services!

Robin · event on 08/31/2017

Great music and fun! Would recommend for any celebration!

Renee · Married on 05/20/2017

Chris is every brides dream DJ, he's extremely easy to work with. He is very prompt at returning texts,emails and calls. The tools he provides make it easy to choose songs, set up timelines and organize events throughout your wedding as well as a great eye for up lighting and detail (bouquet toss, dances, cake cutting). His friendly character and warm smile make it very easy for people to approach him and ask for requests with ease. All around a great guy, great company and great professionalism. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for stress free, best quality entertainment.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Ann · event on 04/08/2017

Chris was an excellent dj for my husband's surprise birthday party. He was friendly and professional and had a great looking set up that included lighting. You can make a playlist ahead of time which was helpful. I found Chris very affordable and would definitely recommend him to other people who are looking for a dj.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Catelyn · Married on 03/18/2017

Chris was a great DJ! He was easy to work with and was able to provide all of the songs that we requested for our wedding (even the obscure and much lesser known ones that we selected). We were even able to plug into his audio in order to record the speeches during the reception. My husband and I highly recommend hiring Chris for your special day (or any other event)!

Sent on 03/30/2017

dennis · event on 12/21/2016

Chris did our wedding a few years back and now our company's holiday party. He is super accommodating to whatever the sound wish list is, very professional, responsive and flexible. Has great selection of hits and also a great host when the party needs a little umph.

Sent on 12/22/2016

May-Elise · Married on 10/08/2016

Chris was great to work with! He responded very quickly to any questions or communication we had with him, set up a time to meet with us while we were planning our wedding, and was very open to hearing our ideas and the type of music/key-wedding-moments we wanted to play.

Come the day of, Chris handled all his set-up with no fuss and did very well working with us on our day's scheduling and keeping the right energy in the room throughout the evening.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Laura · Married on 09/30/2016

Working with Chris was great! He is a lot of fun and we received several compliments on the music selection from our guests. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/03/2016

We used Chris for our wedding reception and our wedding ceremony. He was great. Chris is very responsive to your emails, he met with us a few times to go over our how we wanted our day to be. Our wedding was a wonderful time! And Chris was a big reason why.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Pattie · event on 08/26/2016

This was the second time I have use this company. This time we had him for our softball banquet. GREAT time...music for all ages...dancing the whole night long..and laughs. During the night, awards and announcements were made. He went along with whatever we had planned and even helped us with alarm clock sounds..which is a joke with the league. For a fun..memorable time, I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Donald · Married on 08/14/2016

Chris did a fantastic job. We highly recommend him. We used him for our wedding ceremony and reception. We actual got compliments from our wedding party on how great he was.

Sent on 08/15/2016