Cook Shack Catering Reviews

Cook Shack Catering 2
  • AStamp

Amy Stamp · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Delicious!

After you go to the tasting you won't go anywhere else. The staff is amazing and all of the food was absolutely delicious. I have heard so many wonderful things about them from numerous vendors and brides and all the praise is definitely warranted.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are excited to get to be a part of your big day!!! Very thankful that we get to work with such amazing brides :)

Shannon Hall · Married on 06/30/2019

Simply amazing

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Austin and his team are. The quality of the food, service, and presentation are top notch! But what makes Cook Shack so amazing, they make you part of their family!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are so thankful that we were able to be a part of your big day!!! You guys are family to us. We wish you many days of happiness.
  • Sarah

Sarah Powell · Married on 06/21/2019

So Delicious And Easy To Work With!

Working with Cook Shack for our wedding was great! Austin was so hospitable to us at our tasting in January, as well as on our wedding day. He went above and beyond to serve me, my husband, and my family. Tracey was so easy to communicate with during the planning process and she was prompt in sending updated quotes and answering questions. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about it! Cook Shack was great to work with and every single food we tried was delicious! We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Very glad that you and your guest loved the food. We loved helping make your day so special. Thanks for being so amazing to work with!!

Megan Mcbride · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing Experience!

We couldn't imagine our wedding without Cook Shack!! We first met Austin and Tracey at an open house event at our venue. They were so nice and after sampling the food we knew we had found our caterer! Throughout the wedding planning process Tracey was quick to respond to emails. The food at our wedding was amazing and we are still get compliments from guests!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! It makes our job easy when our clients are as wonderful as you guys.
  • Wendy

Wendy Wells · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome food and awesome service!

You will not regret using Cook Shack! Their food is absolutely delicious! We used them for my daughter's wedding, and all of our guests raved about the food and the service! Tracy and Austin are wonderful to work with and go above and beyond to assure your experience is perfect! Our family has been to numerous events that Cook Shack catered, and they never disappoint!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Allie & Graham's big day!!! We absolutely loved it!!! Everything was beautiful.
  • Lonnita

Lonnita · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We used Cook Shack for our wedding. From beginning to end they were beyond amazing. Tracey and Austin were so helpful. They even made us a little go to plate to take with us because they knew we wouldn’t get a chance to eat. The food....omg I can’t say enough about the food. My husband and I didn’t get a chance to taste the meatballs during cocktail hour and everyone was raving about them. I emailed Tracey and they made us a little batch of them. I’m trying to figure out now how and when I can use Cook Shack again. I would highly highly highly recommend them for ANY event you have!!! Amazing food and service.

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Cook Shack Catering 3
    Cook Shack Catering 4
  • Emily

Emily Smith Carter · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Caterer

Where do I start with how amazing Cook Shack was? First, they set up a tasting and paired us with another couple so that we had the opportunity to try different foods. We ended up switching a few things, but it was all delicious and they sent us home with the leftovers! Before the wedding, they quickly responded to all emails and questions, and even sent photos. During the wedding, they were on top of everything. Our guests LOVED the food. My dad lost his job a few months before the wedding, and they worked with my parents on collecting payments. They even gave us a gift basket. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Megan Gilliam · Married on 01/06/2019

Cook Shack went above and beyond!

We hired Cook Shack for our wedding on June 1st and they were amazing! When we were first looking for a Caterer, we knew we wanted them the minute we left the tasting. Unlike most "tastings" from Caterers, they cooked us an entire meal of the items we wanted to taste. They even sent us home with leftovers! They really made us feel welcome in their kitchen.

Leading up to the wedding day, they helped with some last minute changes/additions (we added a cheese display and a water station for guests outside due to the hot weather) and they were extremely accommodating.

The day of, our guests were raving about the food! Especially the Mac & Cheese. Cook Shack allowed us to combine all of our favorite southern food along with our love of Mexican food. Who would have thought that would be possible?! Austin made sure my husband and I ate too. The minute we sat down at our table, he came over and asked us what we would like to eat. We said everything and he brought over plates full of a little bit of everything! I'm so thankful for that.

They are professional, friendly and know how to cook a darn good meal. I highly suggest hiring them not just for a wedding, but for any catering event you could possibly need! I know I will.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your awesome day!!! We loved seeing the beautiful ceremony out on the cobble streets.

Staci · Married on 10/14/2018

Our compliments to the chef, etal!

The Italian buffet was delicious, compliments everywhere! The staff was friendly, courteous and professional! We will use them again!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Hayley · Married on 10/06/2018

We really can't say enough good things about Cook Shack after our wedding! We looked at a few different catering companies in the Raleigh area before our event and Cook Shack was by FAR the best value anywhere around! Their food is incredible, tastes like your mom's home cooking (everyone at our wedding was raving about the brisket!) and their staff is so incredibly sweet and accommodating. They will go out of their way to make sure you have exactly what you want and PLENTY of it. These guys are wonderful, you won't regret hiring them.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review!!!! We loved being a part of your special day.

Jill · Married on 08/11/2018

We are dying for another opportunity to hire Cook Shack - one of the saddest parts of our wedding being over is that we don’t know when we’ll be able to enjoy their delicious food again! We knew from our private tasting that Cook Shack was the one, and we immediately cancelled all other scheduled tastings. Austin and Tracey are extremely kind and helpful, rates are incredibly reasonable, and the team took such great care of us from the moment we first reached out until every last bite of our leftovers was devoured in the days following our wedding. At our tasting, we added several items to our menu that we never thought we’d have any reason to include – like warm pimento cheese dip with homemade pita chips - where has that been all my life? Other apps of chicken and waffles, bacon wrapped shrimp, and fruit/veggie/cheese platter were a huge hit (the team also kindly prepared a huge appetizer tray for the bridal party to enjoy during photos). We served a buffet w/ awesome salad, beef kbobs, lemon rosemary chicken, sweet potato soufflé, asparagus, and mac & cheese, and finished the night with a biscuit bar with all the toppings. Cook Shack also provided bartending services (we provided alcohol) and we heard many compliments throughout the night about how great they were, as well as how friendly/helpful Cook Shack servers were. Throughout planning, Tracey was amazingly responsive to my million questions about timing, rentals, cake cutting, real vs. disposable dishes, head count, layout, bar logistics, etc. They were so sweet to send us home with plates of food (including utensils and a mini bottle of champagne!), as well as a gift basket with homemade sauces and t-shirts. They packaged leftovers and helped with loading leftover alcohol. So delicious/fresh/homemade, personalized, stress-free, and a dream of a catering experience – thank you, Cook Shack, for making our experience seamless and so delectable! Cook Shack is the best of the best – you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! We honestly do have the best brides !!!!!
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/02/2018

Cook Shack was PHENOMENAL! We found them through the recommendations of our Wedding Coordinator, and upon reaching out was impressed by their options, pricing, responsiveness, and customer service! From the start Tracey was so so friendly! We (at the time) lived 3 hours away and they accommodated us for a private tasting for our big day. When we arrived, we had no idea what we were in for - imagine the best food ever.... and then triple that! Austin and his assistant were so wonderful - it was like we were dining with old friends! We left a bit later and were in a food coma of deliciousness! We didn't even have to try out any other catering company - we knew Cook Shack had to be the ones to handle our big day. We ended up moving out of state during the engagement, and throughout my many questions, they were very responsive and kind - and believe me I ask a LOT of questions. On our big day, they were even better than imagined. People have been raving about the food since social hour. They brought us our food and made us to go plates - which we ate as soon as we reached the hotel. Their staff was polite and delightful to us and all of our guests. We also loved the option of having them donate the leftovers to homeless shelters. If you are in between on catering companies for your big event - look no further! They are SO WORTH IT! Thanks Tracey and Austin!!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! We enjoyed working with you guys so much and helping make your big day great!!!

Kara · Married on 06/02/2018

Cook Shack was absolutely fantastic for our wedding. They were one of the caterers we had to choose from at our venue and luckily we had their food at a friend's wedding and were able to taste at a tasting event at the venue. We knew by both experiences that we had to use Cook Shack. Tracey and Austin were awesome and so easy to work with. They are extremely responsive and helpful. The actual tasting we had for our wedding was such an awesome experience. There was so much food to try and everything was fantastic. The day of the wedding was a dream. They were so professional and the food was again perfect. We went with a plated dinner which we were told wasn't what they usually are used to, but it turned out perfectly. The service was fantastic with everyone being served very quickly. Guests are still raving about the food! We would recommend Cook Shack to anyone looking for the best service and food quality!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Kara & David we loved being a part of your big day!!! You guys were amazing to work with and your wedding was absolutely beautiful!!!

Lennie · Married on 05/12/2018

Austin Murray and his Cook Shack team exceeded every expectation at my daughters recent wedding. For starters we actually visited his business location in Louisburg and sampled various dishes with our wedding planner. Convinced that all the food was the highest quality made it easy to pick out our favorite appetizers and entrees. Since the wedding I have had no fewer than 50 people tell me it was the best food they have ever gotten at a catered event. I wholeheartedly agree. The staff was perfectly professional and served 300 guests with Ease.....And now the best part....The cost was very reasonable for the quality received.
    If you are planning any event I would strongly recommend Cook Shack .

Lennie And Laura Blackley

Sent on 05/28/2018

Alex · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for an amazing caterer for your wedding or any event look no further, Cook Shack Catering is the absolute best! Throughout my entire wedding planning Cook Shack Catering was so easy and friendly to work with. It was difficult for my husband and me to pick our wedding food, because all of their food was absolutely delicious. We ended up going with Shrimp and Grits, Chicken and Waffles, and a Cheese Tray for our appetizers. Our meal consisted of Beef Brisket, Chicken Pot Pie, Mac and Cheese, String Beans, Salad, Cornbread. Let me tell you, we received SO MANY compliments from everyone saying the food was outstanding. Food is not the only thing Cook Shack has going for them, their service is impeccable. Their staff did a fabulous job bartending and catering at our wedding. They even prepared to-go food for my husband and I and the sweetest honeymoon package to take with us when we departed from our wedding. I could just go on and on about Cook Shack, they are good people! Thank you for making our day so special, we are forever grateful!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your big day!!!

Marsha · Married on 04/15/2018

We met with two caterers, both were great, but Cook Shack options are far superior and the food is AMAZING. Austin and his team were professional from beginning to end. The weather was a huge factor and the staff were flipping tables and re-arranging last minute - I have never seen people work so hard in POURING down rain like ever before. The food was awesome and people are still talking about his waffles. STILL TALKING about THE WAFFLES, NOT THE BRIDE! LOL! I would not hesitate using them for every catering event personally and will recommend them to anyone looking. You will not be disappointed! Thank you Austin and his team! YOU ARE THE BEST!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

So glad that we were able to work for you guys!!! And the rain is just another special memory to the wonderful day.

Briana · Married on 04/14/2018

The Cook Shack team was amazing! Tracey was incredibly helpful during the planning process and Austin provided a tasting to help us decide the menu. We did a family style meal and everyone RAVED about the food. It was so so good! The spicy mac and cheese is something everyone still talks about. Cook Shack is incredibly affordable and you really get access to a great team. Choosing Cook Shack was a great decision!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your big day!!! You guys were awesome to work with.

Susan · Married on 04/13/2018

We cannot say enough great things about Cook Shack! We used them as a preferred vendor at the Sutherland and they were wonderful! Our B-B-Que menu was done to perfection and everyone at the rehearsal dinner was raving about the food for days! The bride and groom did a tasting and it surpassed their exceptions! The hot pimento cheese dip appetizer is to die for! There was great communication with Tracey and Austin even threw in some wonderful cooked apples on our buffet that we had not even asked for! Needless to say we had plenty of food! The leftovers will not go to waste! They were willing to work with us as we were from out of sate to insure everything was done to our liking. They even let us ship a dessert from Ohio to them to serve! Their attention to detail, their wonderful staff and fabulous food made it a very enjoyable evening for everyone! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/24/2018
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 03/23/2018

Almost 3 weeks out from our wedding and everyone still cannot stop talking about the food. From the moment we contacted the Cook Shack about scheduling a tasting we knew there was something different about this company. They make you feel like you are part of their Cook Shack family from the moment of first contact until the last bit of food is packed away. Throughout the process the Cook Shack sends your personalized notes and they are always available with any questions you may have regarding catering and beyond. At our tasting we were paired with another couple who tried a menu completely different from ours. I do not think there is ANYTHING the Cook Shack cannot cook. The Grilled Potato Salad and Biscuit Bar were a huge hit. We were blown away when they brought over a table with all our appetizer choices, drinks for the bridal party, and covered it with a table cloth during pictures. The excellent service continued throughout the night we never had to ask for anything, were brought our meals, had to go boxes packed for us, and they even sent my parents home with large platters of food. Our guest all commented on how there was impeccable service and food through the night. There was not a cup empty nor a belly not full.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We loved being a part of your big day!!! Everything was beautiful.

Hannah · Married on 01/20/2018

I can't rate Cookshack high enough! We used them for our wedding at the Merrimon Wynne in Raleigh, and couldn't be happier. Right from the beginning of the tasting, they treated us so kindly and were so easy to work with. They adapted my late grandfather's ham and swiss rolls and my granfather's favorite bread pudding - it meant so much to pay homage to them. Guests are still telling me how much they loved the food - especially the barbecue and the "not-your-average-wedding-chicken" stuffed chicken breast! Thanks again, guys!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you guys for allowing us to be a part of your wedding!!! We are thrilled that your guest loved the food that picked out. We were more than happy to incorporate some of your family favorites!!!

lindsay · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Cook Shack Catering for my daughter's wedding . It was held at The Oaks at Salem in Apex, NC. Austin and his team at Cook Shack Catering totally exceeded expectations. Their food was excellent-classic NC bbq cooked to perfection. His team was professional, helpful and made the entire process easy and worry free. Their menu is extensive and they were willing to customize dishes. I highly, highly recommend Cook Shack Catering!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We loved being a part of your daughter's big day!!! You guys were awesome to work for and we hope that we are able to help you out in the future.

Taylor · Married on 11/03/2017

Cook Shack was a pleasure to work with. They were so great at listening to our needs. Several other vendors we spoke with didnt let us shy away from their menu but Cook Shack was more than willing to offer anything we dreamt of. The team is professional and as organized as it gets. Aside from their amazing customer service, let me talk FOOD! It was all incredible. Everyone commented on how amazing the food tasted and looked! I would recommend them to ANYONE looking for a caterer, whether its a wedding, corporate event, or more!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We LOVED being a part of your wedding day!!!

Jamie · Married on 10/28/2017

Cook Shack is the very best!! Cook Shack catered our daughter's wedding, Oct 28, 2017 at The Sutherland in Wake Forest. From our first meeting at the tasting, we knew Austin and Tracey were something special. We had such a great time that evening tasting Asian won tons, Filet on a Fry, Hot Pimento & Cheese Dip, and Crab Dip. The main course selections of chicken, brisket, and steak were over the top accompanied by roasted vegetables and a mashed potato bar. It was simple to say yes to everything and even add some surprises like a s'mores bar and late night sliders to our wedding selections. Even with all these choices, creating a great feast for our 280 guests, the price was still extremely reasonable.

Above and beyond the spectacular food was Cook Shack's first class service. Everyone on the Cook Shack team was helpful and kind. Our water glasses were never empty, there was plenty of food, and the buffet ran seamlessly. Austin checked with us numerous times during the reception to see if we needed anything. He even made sure the babysitters and children inside the house had food. At the end of the night, the bride and groom had a special array of food to take with them, and we received yummy leftovers too.

I highly recommend Cook Shack and look forward to working with them again. After all, they practically feel like family!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We truly enjoyed catering this wedding. You guys were a pleasure to work with and everything was beautiful. It is always great working wonderful a bride and mom!!! And of course a groom whose love language is food;)

Kimberly · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding was amazing all thanks to the wonderful staff at Cook Shack! The food was absolutely wonderful and they made sure our guest as well as the bridal party were well taken care of! People are still raving about the food today from our wedding day! Thanks Cook Shack for being apart of our special day and making our wedding day everything we could have imagined!!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Cassandra · Married on 09/10/2017

This place is absolutely amazing. It is a must for your wedding and or any function that you may have. This organization is a family run facility. They are ALL extremely friendly and care about what they do. Their food is absolutely excellent. People are still talking about how amazing everything was (we got married on Sept 10 2017).

They made sure that we ate immediately after the ceremony. Filled up our plate with all of the options, including the kids meals. They asked if we need a drink several times during the night. Made sure all of our guests were happy. They also packed up a to go container for us and all of the leftovers. As well as, giving us a gift basket.

This place is a must. Their menu is very extensive, and their food is absolutely to die for.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for the excellent review!! We are glad that we were able to be a part of your beautiful day!!