Cook Shack Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Taylor C. Married on 05/20/2022

Best catering team ever!

I could not say enough good things about this company. As soon as we went to the tasting, my husband and I knew that this was the caterer to go with. They were flexible, eager to serve, and so kind to us. The owner especially was so nice. We wanted dumplings, and he cooked them up on the spot at the tasting. The food and service were all outstanding and made my wedding 100 times better!
    Kalee S. Married on 04/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great food, great service, great price!

We used Cook Shack for our wedding two weeks ago and I cannot recommend them enough! Tracey and Austin were so easy to work with, very responsive, and just overall pleasant. Their menu is extensive, the food was AMAZING, the staff was so friendly and professional, and they are very reasonably priced! We got so many compliments from our guests and they truly made sure that we were taken care of on our wedding day. I am beyond pleased with our experience and 10/10 recommend them!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day!!! You both were absolutely beautiful !!!
    Jenna T. Married on 02/20/2022

Best Wedding Caterer!!

We had a wonderful experience with Cook Shack! From the very beginning, they were so kind and professional, and when we had our tasting we knew we had made the right decision! The portions both at the tasting and on the wedding day were sizable, and guests were raving about the food all night- appetizers, the meal, and dessert! Austin came out and spoke to us during our meal to make sure everything was great, which meant so much to us. Lastly, between the time that we did our tasting and our wedding day, my husband was diagnosed with a very specific/not super common food allergy. When I called to share this with Cook Shack before our wedding, they were so accommodating to change his entree choice, as well as packaging our take-home meals separately so that his food was not mixed with anything he was allergic to. After our wedding, they sent us the nicest gift basket too. I also felt like the price for what was included was very reasonable compared to other wedding caterers we looked out in our wedding planning process.
    All in all it was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend Cook Shack as a wedding caterer!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We were grateful to be a part of your amazing day!! You guy are amazing.

• illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Sarah Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing food and people!

Cook Shack was so easy to work with and their food was amazing! We had so many compliments on the food and really appreciated all they did to make our day run so smoothly. When we sat down for dinner, they immediately brought out 2 pre-made plates for me and my husband and made sure we had everything we wanted throughout the night. They packed up leftovers for us and it was so nice to enjoy the food (and not cook) the night after our wedding. They even provided the sweetest gift to us on our wedding day and we truly felt like they appreciated us as much as we appreciated them!
    Kirsten J. Married on 10/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cook Shack was the most amazing vendor to work with!

I cannot rave enough about Cook Shack Catering! From our first tasting to the wedding day, my husband and I dreamt about the food. They catered my 120 person wedding with a sit-down meal. The food was absolutely phenomenal- the garlic chicken was a big hit and the steak was cooked to absolute perfection. Our guests are still talking about it weeks later! Austin and his team were the most professional in their table service and Tracy was always so prompt in responding to any questions I had throughout the planning process. They were incredibly flexible and even provided my husband and I a private dinner during the cocktail hour. Anything we wanted, Cook Shack delivered above and beyond. I am already thinking of another event I can have just so that they can cater.
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn C. Married on 10/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great experience! Exceptional food!

Tracey and the entire Cook Shack team was a pleasure to work with while planning for our postponed wedding reception! After being referred to Cook Shack by several friends, my husband and I took one look at their extensive menu and knew we wanted them to be a part of our event! Friends and family that attended our party are still raving about the asiago chicken, brisket and roasted vegetables and several even showed up at our house the next day for leftovers!! The dessert selections were delicious! Coordinating the dinnerware and linen rentals through Cook Shack made logistics much more seamless. Definitely recommend this caterer for your next event!!
  • Liz W
    Liz W. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Delicious food and excellent service

They were a preferred vendor with our venue, but I am so thankful they were! Their pricing was a couple thousand less than the other options, but their food was AMAZING. They were very easy to work with from the beginning, and, thankfully, we were able to do a tasting with them! The tasting was an interesting experience--we were with 1 other couple, and we got to try each other's food choices. Which worked out well for us, since we ended up changing a couple items after that day! All their food was delicious--our guests kept talking about how much they loved the food! The staff the day of were very professional and made sure my husband and I got to eat (well, at least they made sure we had a chance to eat...our guests, on the other hand, made it very difficult). And they were so nice to put out our desserts for us, so we didn't have to worry about that day of!
  • Brittaney & Russell
    Brittaney Married on 09/18/2021

So Yummy!!

The food and service was absolutely wonderful! Best Food Ever!!!
  • Christina
    Christina G. Married on 09/11/2021

Delicious!!

We are so happy that we chose Cook Shack as our wedding caterer. Their food, from the appetizers to the entrees, is incredibly delicious with large portions and affordable. Their staff went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of. They were kind enough to save us food from cocktail hour so that my husband and I could eat before entering the reception. They also sent us home from the wedding take out boxes so that we could eat that night in the hotel. Tracey was thorough and knowledgeable about our rental company and venue which made planning the reception a breeze. We highly recommend using this catering company.

Randy D. Married on 09/11/2021

Exceeded our expectations!

Tracey B and her staff did an amazing job at my daughter’s wedding reception. Cook Shack exceeded our expectations! The food was excellent, the service was elegant and professional, and the planning was easy. We still get compliments about their service on that special day. We will use them again for our next big event and have given out their names to our friends looking for quality caterers.

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

You guys were amazing to work with!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your daughter's special day.
  • Evie
    Evie B. Married on 08/21/2021

Amazing, professional experience!

We were blown away with Cook Shack from start to finish! Not only were they understanding and flexible with us when we needed to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19, but their attention to detail throughout our reception was amazing. The food is amazing and plentiful, and they make sure you as a couple get to enjoy the food on your big day as well. The staff even packaged up hors d’oeuvres from our cocktail hour for us to take on our transportation with us as we took our wedding party photos after the ceremony! We especially loved that they packaged up two meals (along with a very kind wedding gift) for us to share at home together once the party was over! Anyone in the area getting married should put reaching out to Cook Shack at the top of their to-do list. They are hands down one of our favorite wedding vendors and the reason we have received so many compliments from guests!
    Melanie Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend Cook Shack Catering!

Cook Shack did a fabulous job catering our daughter's wedding reception. The food and service was excellent. We highly recommend them for your catering needs!
  • Cara
    Cara Married on 05/22/2021

Professional and Yummy!!!

I'm so glad they were on our venues preferred list! These guys are amazing! The food is delicious and they provide excellent service!!! I wish I could give them more stars and I wish we had more leftovers (lol)!!! Can't go wrong with them!!!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We enjoyed being part of your special day!!! Everything was beautiful.
  • Blair
    Blair T. Married on 05/01/2021

No words can describe

The food was untouchable. From the first time we tasted it at the tasting to the wedding we loved every thing we ate. We wish we could have it everyday. We want to plan another event just so we could have more of their food!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!! Love that food can make people happy.
  • Alycen
    Alycen D. Married on 04/30/2021

The Best Wedding Meal Ever

Tracy and the Cook Shack staff did an amazing job with my daughter's wedding. The food was unbelievable and plentiful. Our guest talked about how delicious our appetizers and buffet were. They pay such attention to detail and They are super easy to work with. I highly recommend them for any event. The shrimp and grits and fried green tomatoes are the best I have ever had.

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Everything about this event was gorgeous!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of the day.
  • Theresa
    Theresa Married on 04/24/2021

Great food

Cook Shack Catering provided the hors d’oeuvres and food for our wedding on April 24th. The service was great!! We have had several guests reach out to us and say that the food was among the best wedding food they’ve ever had! Overall we were very pleased on our day and would happily recommend them. Thanks again Austin, Tracey, and team! 😁

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Glad that you and your guest were please with the food and service. We enjoyed being able to be a part of your wedding!!
  • Claire
    Claire A. Married on 04/23/2021

Book them now

I honestly don't think I can put into words how wonderful Cook Shack Catering truly is! From start to finish, top to bottom... they are the best of the best! The food is absolutely delicious and combined with their service, expertise and professionalism... you can't go wrong! They catered our wedding and now I'm ready to plan another event just so I can work with Cook Shack again and enjoy their food and customer service. I knew from the moment I got engaged that I wanted Cook Shack to cater our wedding because I had enjoyed their food at other events. I am so glad I never wavered and they were one of my "must haves" BOOK THEM NOW!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

You guys were amazing to work with !!! We loved being a part of your special day.
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 04/10/2021

Great food!

I cannot tell you how amazing this company is!! The food, the people, just amazing! Cook Shack was great to work with during the Covid-19 pandemic. When everything happened, they gave us lots of options on what we could use our deposit for. My original venue was the complete opposite so I was worried to reach out. They worked with us and ended up letting us use our deposit towards our rehearsal dinner the day before our wedding instead of using them for our actual wedding day as our new venue had food included. To me, this was extremely understanding of the situation in the world and says a lot about the type of people working here!!!!! To top it off, they added some veggies to the meal to make it more complete. Again, I can not say enough good things about cook shack, simply amazing!!!
  • Hayley
    Hayley A. Married on 04/03/2021

Please hire them

Best vendor out there! If you love southern food and hospitality, this is the one! I loved them! They treated me so well and their food was amazing!
  • Meagan
    Meagan K. Married on 03/06/2021

Above and beyond!

Cook Shack is amazing. I would highly recommend for any event. The team went above and beyond to ensure everything was decorated beautifully, presented nicely, and most importantly, tasted AMAZING. Guests are still talking about how delicious the food tasted.
  • I
    Inga A. Married on 03/04/2021

Great experience!

Tracey was so easy to work with and she was SO organized. She helped us not only with the menu, but she helped with working out other small details with a few of my other vendors. The food was delicious, the staff that worked our wedding were attentive, helpful and extremely polite. I am so thankful we chose Cook Shack Catering for our wedding!
    Lori T. Married on 10/10/2020

Awesome Food

Can't say enough about the quality of food we had at our Rehearsal Dinner that was prepared by Cook Shack staff. They were awesome serving as well as cooking on site. Definitely will use again in the future. Highly recommend them for your event.

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special event!!
  • AStamp
    Amy S. Married on 10/10/2020

Delicious!

After you go to the tasting you won't go anywhere else. The staff is amazing and all of the food was absolutely delicious. I have heard so many wonderful things about them from numerous vendors and brides and all the praise is definitely warranted.

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are excited to get to be a part of your big day!!! Very thankful that we get to work with such amazing brides :)
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/26/2020

Definitely recommend

Ultimately we did not have our wedding celebration as a result of Covid, but Cook Shack was flexible, understanding, and empathetic as we tried to navigate getting married in 2020. The food at our tasting was absolutely delicious and they were willing to work with a dietary restriction. Definitely recommend!

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We so hate that Covid railed your plans. If we are able to help with anything in the future let us know.
  • Brandi
    Brandi A. Married on 08/15/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend Cook Shack!!

Cook Shack was the best to work with! Like most couples, we did end up having to postpone our wedding reception because of Covid from April to August and they were more than accommodating. The fact that they were so easy to work with as we changed our date definitely helped alleviate some stress on us during that time!

After our tasting (which was so fun and personal!), we raved about how great everything tasted to our friends and family. It did not disappoint on the wedding day!! SO many guests came up to us told us how great the food was and asked us who our caterer was! We also used their bartenders and servers and they all did a fabulous job!!

We highly recommend Cook Shack! Great communication and awesome food!
illustration stars