Cook Shack Catering Reviews

123 | Louisburg, NC

123 Reviews for Cook Shack Catering

Randy D. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Exceeded our expectations!

Tracey B and her staff did an amazing job at my daughter’s wedding reception. Cook Shack exceeded our expectations! The food was excellent, the service was elegant and professional, and the planning was easy. We still get compliments about their service on that special day. We will use them again for our next big event and have given out their names to our friends looking for quality caterers.

Sent on 03/22/2021

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

You guys were amazing to work with!! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your daughter's special day.
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 04/10/2021

Great food!

I cannot tell you how amazing this company is!! The food, the people, just amazing! Cook Shack was great to work with during the Covid-19 pandemic. When everything happened, they gave us lots of options on what we could use our deposit for. My original venue was the complete opposite so I was worried to reach out. They worked with us and ended up letting us use our deposit towards our rehearsal dinner the day before our wedding instead of using them for our actual wedding day as our new venue had food included. To me, this was extremely understanding of the situation in the world and says a lot about the type of people working here!!!!! To top it off, they added some veggies to the meal to make it more complete. Again, I can not say enough good things about cook shack, simply amazing!!!

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Hayley

Hayley A. · Married on 04/03/2021

Please hire them

Best vendor out there! If you love southern food and hospitality, this is the one! I loved them! They treated me so well and their food was amazing!

Sent on 04/06/2021
  • Meagan

Meagan K. · Married on 03/06/2021

Above and beyond!

Cook Shack is amazing. I would highly recommend for any event. The team went above and beyond to ensure everything was decorated beautifully, presented nicely, and most importantly, tasted AMAZING. Guests are still talking about how delicious the food tasted.

Sent on 03/30/2021
  • AStamp

Amy S. · Married on 10/10/2020

Delicious!

After you go to the tasting you won't go anywhere else. The staff is amazing and all of the food was absolutely delicious. I have heard so many wonderful things about them from numerous vendors and brides and all the praise is definitely warranted.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are excited to get to be a part of your big day!!! Very thankful that we get to work with such amazing brides :)

Lori T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Awesome Food

Can't say enough about the quality of food we had at our Rehearsal Dinner that was prepared by Cook Shack staff. They were awesome serving as well as cooking on site. Definitely will use again in the future. Highly recommend them for your event.

Sent on 10/14/2020

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special event!!
  • Brandi

Brandi A. · Married on 08/15/2020

Highly Recommend Cook Shack!!

Cook Shack was the best to work with! Like most couples, we did end up having to postpone our wedding reception because of Covid from April to August and they were more than accommodating. The fact that they were so easy to work with as we changed our date definitely helped alleviate some stress on us during that time!

After our tasting (which was so fun and personal!), we raved about how great everything tasted to our friends and family. It did not disappoint on the wedding day!! SO many guests came up to us told us how great the food was and asked us who our caterer was! We also used their bartenders and servers and they all did a fabulous job!!

We highly recommend Cook Shack! Great communication and awesome food!

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • John

John A. · Married on 08/08/2020

Look no further!!

Our entire experience with Cook Shack from food selection, taste testing, logistics, and day-of was phenomenal. The entire team was so great to work with, especially during the uncertain times of COVID. They truly make the bride and groom their priority and have excellent service. Our guest even stated they wished they could take to-go plates of food from our wedding because of how delicious it was! We are so grateful Austin, Tracy, and their entire team were part of our special day and would hands down have them be a part of any future catering needs we may have.

Sent on 09/04/2020
  • Lexi

Lexi G. · Married on 06/14/2020

They were so Amazing!

The were so lovely and the food tasting was amazing! 10/10 recommend

Sent on 08/02/2019

Townley C. · Married on 06/06/2020

The best decision we made

You will want to hire them for your wedding. I cannot say it enough -- they are absolutely great! Our original date was June 6, 2020 but we had to reschedule, because of the pandemic, to March 6, 2021. They were absolutely amazing with this reschedule and really worked to make our day great. When our rehearsal dinner restaurant cancelled on us last minute, Cook Shack saved the day. Everyone -- I mean everyone -- commented on how great the food was. Their staff, especially bartenders, were outstanding. Highly, highly recommend -- hire them!

Sent on 03/23/2021

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We so enjoyed being a part of your day!!!

Alexa · Married on 10/26/2019

I Dare You

I dare you to schedule tastings with any other caterers and then schedule a tasting with CookShack. You will be blown away at the difference in quality, taste, options, professionalism, and willingness to mold your wedding menu into anything you want it to be. Tracey and Austin were phenomenal to work with during our wedding planning process and executed the wedding day flawlessly. Everyone we talked to said the food was the best they’ve ever had at a wedding, including our photographer who works weddings all the time. There is no doubt in my mind that we made the right decision when hiring CookShack as our wedding caterers.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel L. · Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing Food!!!

We knew we wanted to have Cook Shack cater our wedding before we even tried their food simply based on what we had heard about them from people who previously had them cater an event or from other vendors in the wedding business community! Cook Shack has a well known reputation and they have delicious food! They served so much food for us to try in our consultation which made planning our menu easy for the wedding. For appetizers we had chicken and waffles, pimento cheese on cornbread, and fried green tomatoes. For dinner we did BBQ pork, brisket, and Chicken a la Spring with salads and rolls to start, and for sides we had coleslaw, potatoes, loaded baked beans, and Mac and cheese. Then for dessert we had apple crisp and banana pudding. We had plated salads and everything else buffet style. Everyone loved the food and they sent food with us that night when the wedding ended, along with a gift bag of goodies! They offer a high quality of service, are always professional, were responsive and flexible in the planning process, and definitely showed us how much they valued us as customers! Highly recommend having them cater your next event!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of you amazing day!!! We are glad that you and your guest were pleased with everything.
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/19/2019

Delicious food and the most generous people!

Cook Shack is just the best! They cook seriously delicious food, with a huge menu and wide variety of options. Plus, the staff are just the nicest people ever. You will not walk away from any interaction with them without plenty of to-go boxes and a smile on your face!

Sent on 12/12/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We love that we were able to be a part of your special day!!!
  • Karen

Karen T. · Married on 10/13/2019

Hire Cook Shack now!!!!

Cook Shack was amazing to work with! Tracey and Austin were helpful, flexible, friendly, funny. The tasting was amazing! Their homemade preserves are amazing! They packed up a meal for Chris and I! They packed up leftovers for us! They packed up the top layer of our cake for us! They gave us a gift bag with t-shirts, preserves, and a wedding gift! Everyone that was at our reception said the food was amazing! Thank you Cook Shack!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

You guys were awesome to work with. Thank you for allowing us to help make you day amazing!!!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Great food!

Everyone at our wedding raved about the food! I was so pleased with how everything turned out. Cook Shack even packed up enough left overs for my husband and I to have two meals after our wedding. That was such a thoughtful touch and meant so much!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Anna P. · Married on 09/07/2019

Ridiculously good!!

I would recommend Cookshack to anyone and everyone!! The food is ridiculously good and the staff were so wonderful. We had so many compliments on our food after the wedding. The hors d'oeuvres and mac and cheese were especially a huge hit! Tracey was a dream to work with leading up to the wedding!! She was so kind, always available for questions and really listened to what we wanted. The staff the day of were also fabulous. They were really great at making sure my groom and I got to eat at our wedding reception while trying to make sure we still got to talk to everyone. They even sent us home with a late night to-go containers of dinner and desserts after the wedding. One of my favorite vendors by far!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Shanaye J. · Married on 08/08/2019

Amazing experience

Austin, Tracy and their team are phenomenal. The food and the service were amazing. From the very beginning of planning, they were so patient and understanding. The food resonates the passion they have for what they do. I am sad our wedding is over because the food was my favorite part! thank you for everything❤️

Sent on 08/17/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We enjoyed helping to make your day amazing!!! Thank you for putting your trust in us. Let us know if we are able to help you with anything in the future.

Shannon H. · Married on 06/30/2019

Simply amazing

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Austin and his team are. The quality of the food, service, and presentation are top notch! But what makes Cook Shack so amazing, they make you part of their family!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are so thankful that we were able to be a part of your big day!!! You guys are family to us. We wish you many days of happiness.
  • Sarah

Sarah P. · Married on 06/21/2019

So Delicious And Easy To Work With!

Working with Cook Shack for our wedding was great! Austin was so hospitable to us at our tasting in January, as well as on our wedding day. He went above and beyond to serve me, my husband, and my family. Tracey was so easy to communicate with during the planning process and she was prompt in sending updated quotes and answering questions. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about it! Cook Shack was great to work with and every single food we tried was delicious! We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Very glad that you and your guest loved the food. We loved helping make your day so special. Thanks for being so amazing to work with!!

Megan M. · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing Experience!

We couldn't imagine our wedding without Cook Shack!! We first met Austin and Tracey at an open house event at our venue. They were so nice and after sampling the food we knew we had found our caterer! Throughout the wedding planning process Tracey was quick to respond to emails. The food at our wedding was amazing and we are still get compliments from guests!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! It makes our job easy when our clients are as wonderful as you guys.
  • Wendy

Wendy W. · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome food and awesome service!

You will not regret using Cook Shack! Their food is absolutely delicious! We used them for my daughter's wedding, and all of our guests raved about the food and the service! Tracy and Austin are wonderful to work with and go above and beyond to assure your experience is perfect! Our family has been to numerous events that Cook Shack catered, and they never disappoint!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Allie & Graham's big day!!! We absolutely loved it!!! Everything was beautiful.
  • James

James · Married on 05/12/2019

Incredible food and Quality Service- Great Team

The Cookshack team was incredible from start to finish, being a LGBT couple, it was important for us to have welcoming vendors and the team at Cookshack couldn't have been more accepting. We tried several caterers, but the sample dinner at Cookshack was leaps and bounds above the other vendors in the Raleigh area. The cookshack team worked with us to add in a few custom items and tweak a recipe for our guests preferences. The broiled pimento cornbread was a crowd-pleaser! The day of the wedding, we had nothing to worry about and were able to enjoy ourselves as well as our guests!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Lonnita

Lonnita · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We used Cook Shack for our wedding. From beginning to end they were beyond amazing. Tracey and Austin were so helpful. They even made us a little go to plate to take with us because they knew we wouldn’t get a chance to eat. The food....omg I can’t say enough about the food. My husband and I didn’t get a chance to taste the meatballs during cocktail hour and everyone was raving about them. I emailed Tracey and they made us a little batch of them. I’m trying to figure out now how and when I can use Cook Shack again. I would highly highly highly recommend them for ANY event you have!!! Amazing food and service.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Emily

Emily S. · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Caterer

Where do I start with how amazing Cook Shack was? First, they set up a tasting and paired us with another couple so that we had the opportunity to try different foods. We ended up switching a few things, but it was all delicious and they sent us home with the leftovers! Before the wedding, they quickly responded to all emails and questions, and even sent photos. During the wedding, they were on top of everything. Our guests LOVED the food. My dad lost his job a few months before the wedding, and they worked with my parents on collecting payments. They even gave us a gift basket. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Pauline

Pauline · Married on 04/10/2019

Amazing!

Cook Shack catered our wedding earlier this month, and WOW!!! The hors d-oeuvres, food, lemonades, and assorted pies were amazing. They served us with the best ribeye steaks/rosemary chickens we've tasted in our lives, and don't even get me started about the sides. All of our guests were impressed and really enjoyed everything and everyone left full and happy :) (and that's saying a lot because we had 350+ people attend)! More importantly the Cook Shack team was AWESOME - so organized and on top of everything. Austin is the warmest person you'll ever meet and Tracey was such a pleasure to work with! I can't say enough good things- I recommend them to everyone now- you will NOT be disappointed (make sure you get the homemade pita chips and buffalo chicken dip- it's a crowd favorite). THANK YOU COOK SHACK

Sent on 10/31/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you guys for allowing us to be a part of your beautiful day!!! The venue and weather could not have been more perfect.