Cook Shack Catering Reviews

115 Reviews for Cook Shack Catering

• AStamp

Amy Stamp · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Delicious!

After you go to the tasting you won't go anywhere else. The staff is amazing and all of the food was absolutely delicious. I have heard so many wonderful things about them from numerous vendors and brides and all the praise is definitely warranted.

Sent on 03/06/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are excited to get to be a part of your big day!!! Very thankful that we get to work with such amazing brides :)
  • Lexi

Lexi Godfrey · Married on 06/14/2020

They were so Amazing!

The were so lovely and the food tasting was amazing! 10/10 recommend

Sent on 08/02/2019

Alexa · Married on 10/26/2019

I Dare You

I dare you to schedule tastings with any other caterers and then schedule a tasting with CookShack. You will be blown away at the difference in quality, taste, options, professionalism, and willingness to mold your wedding menu into anything you want it to be. Tracey and Austin were phenomenal to work with during our wedding planning process and executed the wedding day flawlessly. Everyone we talked to said the food was the best they’ve ever had at a wedding, including our photographer who works weddings all the time. There is no doubt in my mind that we made the right decision when hiring CookShack as our wedding caterers.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Lundberg · Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing Food!!!

We knew we wanted to have Cook Shack cater our wedding before we even tried their food simply based on what we had heard about them from people who previously had them cater an event or from other vendors in the wedding business community! Cook Shack has a well known reputation and they have delicious food! They served so much food for us to try in our consultation which made planning our menu easy for the wedding. For appetizers we had chicken and waffles, pimento cheese on cornbread, and fried green tomatoes. For dinner we did BBQ pork, brisket, and Chicken a la Spring with salads and rolls to start, and for sides we had coleslaw, potatoes, loaded baked beans, and Mac and cheese. Then for dessert we had apple crisp and banana pudding. We had plated salads and everything else buffet style. Everyone loved the food and they sent food with us that night when the wedding ended, along with a gift bag of goodies! They offer a high quality of service, are always professional, were responsive and flexible in the planning process, and definitely showed us how much they valued us as customers! Highly recommend having them cater your next event!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of you amazing day!!! We are glad that you and your guest were pleased with everything.
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 10/19/2019

Delicious food and the most generous people!

Cook Shack is just the best! They cook seriously delicious food, with a huge menu and wide variety of options. Plus, the staff are just the nicest people ever. You will not walk away from any interaction with them without plenty of to-go boxes and a smile on your face!

Sent on 12/12/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We love that we were able to be a part of your special day!!!
  • Karen

Karen Timkey Ogg · Married on 10/13/2019

Hire Cook Shack now!!!!

Cook Shack was amazing to work with! Tracey and Austin were helpful, flexible, friendly, funny. The tasting was amazing! Their homemade preserves are amazing! They packed up a meal for Chris and I! They packed up leftovers for us! They packed up the top layer of our cake for us! They gave us a gift bag with t-shirts, preserves, and a wedding gift! Everyone that was at our reception said the food was amazing! Thank you Cook Shack!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

You guys were awesome to work with. Thank you for allowing us to help make you day amazing!!!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Great food!

Everyone at our wedding raved about the food! I was so pleased with how everything turned out. Cook Shack even packed up enough left overs for my husband and I to have two meals after our wedding. That was such a thoughtful touch and meant so much!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Anna Perez · Married on 09/07/2019

Ridiculously good!!

I would recommend Cookshack to anyone and everyone!! The food is ridiculously good and the staff were so wonderful. We had so many compliments on our food after the wedding. The hors d'oeuvres and mac and cheese were especially a huge hit! Tracey was a dream to work with leading up to the wedding!! She was so kind, always available for questions and really listened to what we wanted. The staff the day of were also fabulous. They were really great at making sure my groom and I got to eat at our wedding reception while trying to make sure we still got to talk to everyone. They even sent us home with a late night to-go containers of dinner and desserts after the wedding. One of my favorite vendors by far!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Shanaye Johnson · Married on 08/08/2019

Amazing experience

Austin, Tracy and their team are phenomenal. The food and the service were amazing. From the very beginning of planning, they were so patient and understanding. The food resonates the passion they have for what they do. I am sad our wedding is over because the food was my favorite part! thank you for everything❤️

Sent on 08/17/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We enjoyed helping to make your day amazing!!! Thank you for putting your trust in us. Let us know if we are able to help you with anything in the future.

Shannon Hall · Married on 06/30/2019

Simply amazing

There are not enough words to express how wonderful Austin and his team are. The quality of the food, service, and presentation are top notch! But what makes Cook Shack so amazing, they make you part of their family!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are so thankful that we were able to be a part of your big day!!! You guys are family to us. We wish you many days of happiness.
  • Sarah

Sarah Powell · Married on 06/21/2019

So Delicious And Easy To Work With!

Working with Cook Shack for our wedding was great! Austin was so hospitable to us at our tasting in January, as well as on our wedding day. He went above and beyond to serve me, my husband, and my family. Tracey was so easy to communicate with during the planning process and she was prompt in sending updated quotes and answering questions. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious and our guests raved about it! Cook Shack was great to work with and every single food we tried was delicious! We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Very glad that you and your guest loved the food. We loved helping make your day so special. Thanks for being so amazing to work with!!

Megan Mcbride · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing Experience!

We couldn't imagine our wedding without Cook Shack!! We first met Austin and Tracey at an open house event at our venue. They were so nice and after sampling the food we knew we had found our caterer! Throughout the wedding planning process Tracey was quick to respond to emails. The food at our wedding was amazing and we are still get compliments from guests!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! It makes our job easy when our clients are as wonderful as you guys.
  • Wendy

Wendy Wells · Married on 06/01/2019

Awesome food and awesome service!

You will not regret using Cook Shack! Their food is absolutely delicious! We used them for my daughter's wedding, and all of our guests raved about the food and the service! Tracy and Austin are wonderful to work with and go above and beyond to assure your experience is perfect! Our family has been to numerous events that Cook Shack catered, and they never disappoint!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of Allie & Graham's big day!!! We absolutely loved it!!! Everything was beautiful.
  • James

James · Married on 05/12/2019

Incredible food and Quality Service- Great Team

The Cookshack team was incredible from start to finish, being a LGBT couple, it was important for us to have welcoming vendors and the team at Cookshack couldn't have been more accepting. We tried several caterers, but the sample dinner at Cookshack was leaps and bounds above the other vendors in the Raleigh area. The cookshack team worked with us to add in a few custom items and tweak a recipe for our guests preferences. The broiled pimento cornbread was a crowd-pleaser! The day of the wedding, we had nothing to worry about and were able to enjoy ourselves as well as our guests!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Lonnita

Lonnita · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely Amazing

We used Cook Shack for our wedding. From beginning to end they were beyond amazing. Tracey and Austin were so helpful. They even made us a little go to plate to take with us because they knew we wouldn’t get a chance to eat. The food....omg I can’t say enough about the food. My husband and I didn’t get a chance to taste the meatballs during cocktail hour and everyone was raving about them. I emailed Tracey and they made us a little batch of them. I’m trying to figure out now how and when I can use Cook Shack again. I would highly highly highly recommend them for ANY event you have!!! Amazing food and service.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Emily

Emily Smith Carter · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Caterer

Where do I start with how amazing Cook Shack was? First, they set up a tasting and paired us with another couple so that we had the opportunity to try different foods. We ended up switching a few things, but it was all delicious and they sent us home with the leftovers! Before the wedding, they quickly responded to all emails and questions, and even sent photos. During the wedding, they were on top of everything. Our guests LOVED the food. My dad lost his job a few months before the wedding, and they worked with my parents on collecting payments. They even gave us a gift basket. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/09/2019
  • Pauline

Pauline Ro · Married on 04/10/2019

Amazing!

Cook Shack catered our wedding earlier this month, and WOW!!! The hors d-oeuvres, food, lemonades, and assorted pies were amazing. They served us with the best ribeye steaks/rosemary chickens we've tasted in our lives, and don't even get me started about the sides. All of our guests were impressed and really enjoyed everything and everyone left full and happy :) (and that's saying a lot because we had 350+ people attend)! More importantly the Cook Shack team was AWESOME - so organized and on top of everything. Austin is the warmest person you'll ever meet and Tracey was such a pleasure to work with! I can't say enough good things- I recommend them to everyone now- you will NOT be disappointed (make sure you get the homemade pita chips and buffalo chicken dip- it's a crowd favorite). THANK YOU COOK SHACK

Sent on 10/31/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you guys for allowing us to be a part of your beautiful day!!! The venue and weather could not have been more perfect.

Megan Gilliam · Married on 01/06/2019

Cook Shack went above and beyond!

We hired Cook Shack for our wedding on June 1st and they were amazing! When we were first looking for a Caterer, we knew we wanted them the minute we left the tasting. Unlike most "tastings" from Caterers, they cooked us an entire meal of the items we wanted to taste. They even sent us home with leftovers! They really made us feel welcome in their kitchen.

Leading up to the wedding day, they helped with some last minute changes/additions (we added a cheese display and a water station for guests outside due to the hot weather) and they were extremely accommodating.

The day of, our guests were raving about the food! Especially the Mac & Cheese. Cook Shack allowed us to combine all of our favorite southern food along with our love of Mexican food. Who would have thought that would be possible?! Austin made sure my husband and I ate too. The minute we sat down at our table, he came over and asked us what we would like to eat. We said everything and he brought over plates full of a little bit of everything! I'm so thankful for that.

They are professional, friendly and know how to cook a darn good meal. I highly suggest hiring them not just for a wedding, but for any catering event you could possibly need! I know I will.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be apart of your awesome day!!! We loved seeing the beautiful ceremony out on the cobble streets.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/30/2018

7 mos later people still remember the food

Wow! Cook Shack's pricing was unbeatable, and their food was unbelievable. I was soooo glad they sent apps to our bridesmaid suite because it knocked our sock off! They even made us going away plates and gave us a gift basket. I wanted to include so many guests on our special day, and catering pricing was the main thing that allowed us to do so. They also let us buy our own wine and get our own cake from Publix. I soooo aprpeciated all their help. Highly recommend. Also I am a food snob. :) They were great! And very kind and friendly. Guests still comment on how great the food was, 7 mos later!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

We are so thrilled to hear that your guest are still commenting on the food!!! We loved being a part of your special day!!!

Staci · Married on 10/14/2018

Our compliments to the chef, etal!

The Italian buffet was delicious, compliments everywhere! The staff was friendly, courteous and professional! We will use them again!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Hayley · Married on 10/06/2018

We really can't say enough good things about Cook Shack after our wedding! We looked at a few different catering companies in the Raleigh area before our event and Cook Shack was by FAR the best value anywhere around! Their food is incredible, tastes like your mom's home cooking (everyone at our wedding was raving about the brisket!) and their staff is so incredibly sweet and accommodating. They will go out of their way to make sure you have exactly what you want and PLENTY of it. These guys are wonderful, you won't regret hiring them.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review!!!! We loved being a part of your special day.

Jill · Married on 08/11/2018

We are dying for another opportunity to hire Cook Shack - one of the saddest parts of our wedding being over is that we don’t know when we’ll be able to enjoy their delicious food again! We knew from our private tasting that Cook Shack was the one, and we immediately cancelled all other scheduled tastings. Austin and Tracey are extremely kind and helpful, rates are incredibly reasonable, and the team took such great care of us from the moment we first reached out until every last bite of our leftovers was devoured in the days following our wedding. At our tasting, we added several items to our menu that we never thought we’d have any reason to include – like warm pimento cheese dip with homemade pita chips - where has that been all my life? Other apps of chicken and waffles, bacon wrapped shrimp, and fruit/veggie/cheese platter were a huge hit (the team also kindly prepared a huge appetizer tray for the bridal party to enjoy during photos). We served a buffet w/ awesome salad, beef kbobs, lemon rosemary chicken, sweet potato soufflé, asparagus, and mac & cheese, and finished the night with a biscuit bar with all the toppings. Cook Shack also provided bartending services (we provided alcohol) and we heard many compliments throughout the night about how great they were, as well as how friendly/helpful Cook Shack servers were. Throughout planning, Tracey was amazingly responsive to my million questions about timing, rentals, cake cutting, real vs. disposable dishes, head count, layout, bar logistics, etc. They were so sweet to send us home with plates of food (including utensils and a mini bottle of champagne!), as well as a gift basket with homemade sauces and t-shirts. They packaged leftovers and helped with loading leftover alcohol. So delicious/fresh/homemade, personalized, stress-free, and a dream of a catering experience – thank you, Cook Shack, for making our experience seamless and so delectable! Cook Shack is the best of the best – you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!!! We honestly do have the best brides !!!!!
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/02/2018

Cook Shack was PHENOMENAL! We found them through the recommendations of our Wedding Coordinator, and upon reaching out was impressed by their options, pricing, responsiveness, and customer service! From the start Tracey was so so friendly! We (at the time) lived 3 hours away and they accommodated us for a private tasting for our big day. When we arrived, we had no idea what we were in for - imagine the best food ever.... and then triple that! Austin and his assistant were so wonderful - it was like we were dining with old friends! We left a bit later and were in a food coma of deliciousness! We didn't even have to try out any other catering company - we knew Cook Shack had to be the ones to handle our big day. We ended up moving out of state during the engagement, and throughout my many questions, they were very responsive and kind - and believe me I ask a LOT of questions. On our big day, they were even better than imagined. People have been raving about the food since social hour. They brought us our food and made us to go plates - which we ate as soon as we reached the hotel. Their staff was polite and delightful to us and all of our guests. We also loved the option of having them donate the leftovers to homeless shelters. If you are in between on catering companies for your big event - look no further! They are SO WORTH IT! Thanks Tracey and Austin!!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! We enjoyed working with you guys so much and helping make your big day great!!!

Kara · Married on 06/02/2018

Cook Shack was absolutely fantastic for our wedding. They were one of the caterers we had to choose from at our venue and luckily we had their food at a friend's wedding and were able to taste at a tasting event at the venue. We knew by both experiences that we had to use Cook Shack. Tracey and Austin were awesome and so easy to work with. They are extremely responsive and helpful. The actual tasting we had for our wedding was such an awesome experience. There was so much food to try and everything was fantastic. The day of the wedding was a dream. They were so professional and the food was again perfect. We went with a plated dinner which we were told wasn't what they usually are used to, but it turned out perfectly. The service was fantastic with everyone being served very quickly. Guests are still raving about the food! We would recommend Cook Shack to anyone looking for the best service and food quality!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Cook Shack Catering's reply:

Kara & David we loved being a part of your big day!!! You guys were amazing to work with and your wedding was absolutely beautiful!!!

Lennie · Married on 05/12/2018

Austin Murray and his Cook Shack team exceeded every expectation at my daughters recent wedding. For starters we actually visited his business location in Louisburg and sampled various dishes with our wedding planner. Convinced that all the food was the highest quality made it easy to pick out our favorite appetizers and entrees. Since the wedding I have had no fewer than 50 people tell me it was the best food they have ever gotten at a catered event. I wholeheartedly agree. The staff was perfectly professional and served 300 guests with Ease.....And now the best part....The cost was very reasonable for the quality received.
    If you are planning any event I would strongly recommend Cook Shack .

Lennie And Laura Blackley