Continental Diamond Reviews

54 Reviews for Continental Diamond

Continental Diamond 1
Continental Diamond 2

Kaycee Overcash · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Makes the experience calm and relaxing.

I cannot recommend Continental Diamond enough. We picked out my engagement ring, matching band, and my husband's wedding band here. Each part of the process was amazing. From checking things out with my girlfriend (we met with Katie), to selecting the final design with my now husband (worked with Linda) each part was fun and relaxing. No pressure to buy, no pressure to up-sell, and no rush to decide on anything.
    Linda especially made it fun and educating to learn about the different diamond shapes, cuts, and color to help us select the final center diamond for my engagement ring. We actually even attended a Ring event to meet with our designers to help pick out our bands. It made the story of our rings more personal.
    I found the process of purchasing very easy as well, choosing to go with the credit card paying back within a year with no interest. Very easy and comfortable for our budget.
    As a side note I went back and worked with Katie to design some new pieces (earrings, necklace, and ring) out of some jewelry that my mother gave me. It was so fun and she listened to everything I wanted. I even wore these pieces on my wedding day as my something old and new :).
    Basically Continental Diamond, Linda, and Katie are awesome and we feel like old friends at this point. I love visiting to get my ring cleaned and catch up on life. Thank you for making this last year even better.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER (and most beautiful diamonds). As the bride, I didn't get the pleasure to work with Nancy Lach until I was engaged. My now husband met with Nancy, told her exactly what he wanted and together, they created my dream engagement ring. From his description of his experience, it was truly a custom experience (from start to finish). When I first heard he went to a jewelry store, I was blown away because I thought he would have gone to a "diamond guy," buy the diamond and customize the ring. Little did I know that at Continental, you can do just that. You can pick out a ring setting from their displays or you can design a ring from scratch. My husband told her the size of diamond he wanted and asked for a really sparkly one (men are so funny). He said he went into a backroom where he was able to look at different diamonds. He ended up going with a Crafted by Infinity diamond from Belgium (it's stunning). This is available in the states at less than 20 other jewelers. Continental has such an exclusive selection. He then worked with Nancy to customize everything else. I know you can get a diamond online or at any other jeweler, but this is where my five stars comes into play. I needed to get my ring adjusted to the appropriate size, so I went in to see if Nancy was in and this was when I fell in love with Continental. Nancy stepped away from the customers she was with to meet me, congratulate me and tell me all about the diamond my husband selected for me. She has the most charming and charismatic personality. You can't help but love Nancy as soon as you meet her. She makes you feel like you're her best and only customer. And let me tell you - not many people have that kind of charisma. When you decide to buy your ring at continental, you get a lifetime of complimentary ring cleanings, adjustments, good conversation and COOKIES! The way they make you feel when you walk in is reason enough to buy from here!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Continental Diamond 3
    Continental Diamond 4

Continental Diamond's reply:

Lauren, this is incredible, thank you!! We will be sure to pass the note onto our store manager & Nancy, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so happy to hear of your positive experience, congrats again to your & your husband! Hope to see you soon.

Anne · Married on 03/24/2018

Laura worked with us to stay within our budget, yet get an absolutely beautiful ring. They even cleaned and repaired my watch for free (purchased elsewhere). Top notch service I will not shop anywhere else for jewelry. Love these guys!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Continental Diamond's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We'll be sure to pass along the note to Laura. We so appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience :)

Tony · event on 12/03/2017

Beth was amazing to work with. She was patient in helping me to find the perfect ring and took care of everything in a timely manner. If you want a great value and experience go here and see Beth!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Thank you Tony!!

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't speak highly enough of continental diamond (especially Nancy!)! Everyone there is extremely professional and wonderful to work with. They helped us create a custom designed ring through the designer and it turned out even more beautiful than we could have imagined. Both my fiancé and I purchased our rings through Continental and are both extremely satisfied!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Thank you Amanda!

Lynn · Married on 03/06/2017

The Best!!!! There professionalism is tops. And they're all smiling!! They greeted me with great energy, and all were ready to go gangbusters on a Monday morning. All copacetic!!!!! Just a jot and pleasure to do business!!!!!

The pianoman, LD

Sent on 03/06/2017
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 10/21/2016

This was by far the best experience I have ever had with a jeweler. Roz helped my now fiance and I pick out my dream setting. She took such care of us and made sure we were happy throughout the process. From walking into Continental to looking at almost every setting to finding "the one" and then her follow ups with my fiance and I, everything was such a pleasure and joy! I am so happy with my engagement ring and it is truly one-of-a-kind! Thanks, Roz!!

Sent on 09/15/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2016

Nancy (and all the staff) was so great to work with! She helped us pick out the perfect engagement ring in our price range that was beautiful! She was never pushy but suggested things that she would work well and if we said no she listened and found other bands/diamonds. She even had more diamonds flown in so we could have more of a choice to pick from for a center diamond. The customer service is always outstanding and they are so easy to work with and helpful! e shopped at several other stores in mpls before deciding on Continental and the service and ring are out of this world!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Karen · Married on 08/13/2016

"My husband and I had the best experience picking out ideas for my engagement ring and later on our wedding bands at Continental Diamond! We went to four stores of those four, the one on one customer service at Continental Diamond was out of this world. They worked with us to help us design custom rings that fit our personalities and that we will love for lifetime, the educated us about the material, quality and grade of our rings, and they just truly care about their clients and making sure they are providing top of the line quality products. We had the pleasure of working with Nancy who was so accommodating to our needs and so helpful throughout our engagement! We are so grateful for our experience with Continental Diamond!" - Ross & Karen McHugh // 8.13.16 // Saint Paul, Minnesota

Sent on 08/30/2016
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 04/22/2016

Everyone there was so easy to work with and so nice. We worked with Nancy and she took her time. Very patient and did a great job explaining everything

Sent on 03/30/2015

Continental Diamond's reply:

Kara, thanks truly for taking the time to write a review. We will pass your comments onto Nancy, I know she'll appreciate seeing this. Best of luck with everything, and thanks again!

Continental is absolutely amazing. They have incredible quality jewelry and really listen to what we want. We worked with a few different people, all of which were wonderful, but Jane stood out to us as being a great help! She found us exactly what we were looking for and within the price range we wanted to stay in.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Continental Diamond's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. We will pass along your positive sentiments to the sales team, including Jane. Thank you again, we are so happy to be able to help!!

Roclyn · Married on 09/12/2015

We worked with Roz at Continental Diamond. She is the sweetest and genuinely made the experience a wonderful one for both of us.

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • User6015877 · event on 08/05/2015

Continental Diamond was a positive, relaxed place to do business. Paul Holewa shepherded me through the process of picking out a special sapphire, finding a setting my wife would like, and getting it made in a size and manner that would work with my stone. They helped me get the price inside my budget. Everything was easy and my wife couldn't love it more; it's so beautiful and completely unique. She hasn't taken it off since she got it! Continental was a homerun for me!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Continental Diamond's reply:

Thanks you very much for the review. It means a lot for us to hear employee feedback and we will certainly pass the high praise onto Paul! Let us know if we can help with anything else, and thanks again!

My mom gave me a stone that she bought 30 years ago. My fiance and I wanted it set for an engagement ring. We went to a few custom jewelry designers but knew Ashley was the one when we met with her. The thing that really stood out about Ashely and Continental is that Ashley uses a software program to design your ring on the spot. As she designed the ring, it appeared on a screen in front of us. I could tell her what I liked and what I wanted changed and she did it on the spot before we put any money down.

With such a precious family heirloom, I didn't want to risk having a design that I didn't like. Ashley did a wonderful job. After we settled on a design, we paid a deposit. She then ordered a wax sample of the band and setting. This step was also very comforting to me in that I was able to see what the ring would look like on my hand before it was in its final form. Of course, when we received the ring it was everything we wanted it to be. Ashley helped pick out bands for us as well. Everything in the store was tasteful and the service was excellent.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Continental Diamond's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Ashley is truly an all-star and we're so glad you had such a positive experience. We're going to pass the review onto her - thank you again for your business & trust. :)

Congrats!

Lisa · Married on 07/11/2015

I love my jewelry. My husband loved his experience of finding my engagement ring and we both love our wedding bands. Everyone there is so helpful and respectful. Stays within budget and really works at making sure you're getting exactly what you want

Sent on 08/11/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/18/2014

Nothing but the best from Continental Diamond! Olivia is amazing. She takes the time to really understand your needs and offers amazing results!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Continental Diamond's reply:

Thank you Megan, we REALLY appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. So glad to hear and thank you again!!

Amy · Married on 10/05/2014

My husband bought my engagement ring and our wedding rings from Continental Diamond in Minnesota. He grew up in Bloomington and knew of the quality that Continental Diamond provides. The store, which is a family owned business, is truly high quality. They have beautiful jewelry and are extremely kind and helpful. They treated us to bottles of champagne in celebration of our life event and purchase.
    They did not tax us since they shipped it to our residence in NJ. They also threw in jewelry cleansing solution and a jewelry tray as service.
    We feel like we got a great value on our beautiful rings and are so happy!

Sent on 10/11/2014

John · Married on 09/27/2014

This has easily become my favorite jewelry store in the Twin Cities. I used to work in the jewelry industry on the wholesale/manufacturing side, and for several years I was a diamond buyer for my company. I've since left the jewelry industry, but I'm still asked to "consult" every time one of my friends wants to make a purchase. I knew Continental by reputation, but I first went in to the store when one of my friends was shopping for an engagement ring. He wanted to get my opinion on the price and quality of the stone. Given my past, I'm very familiar with both of those things. And I've been to a lot jewelry stores where a 20 year old salesperson tries to tell me something that I know to be incorrect, clearly regurgitating something they've heard somewhere else in order to close a sale (To be fair, I'm a bit of a gemology geek, and I'm sure those salespeople just don't know any better. Not their fault). Anyway, suffice it to say that my default attitude when going into a store is skepticism. I also knew the reputation of the store-- they had amazing jewelry, and it was the place that professional athletes went when they wanted to buy diamonds. I assumed this meant they were only interested in big sales. When my friend showed me the grading report of the diamond and the price he was quoted, I told him that there had to be something wrong with the diamond-- it was too cheap-- and I didn't want him to buy it without me looking at it first. So we drove over to Continental (my first time there) and looked at the stone together. We met with Olivia who was very knowledgeable about diamonds and was even familiar with the company I used to work for. The diamond was absolutely legit, and it was priced so low because of when and how they bought the diamond. I was so impressed that I started going to the store on my own when they had diamond presentations. I started talking to Andy at one of those events, and we hit it off. Given how much exposure I've had to the industry, as w

Sent on 10/17/2014
  • Eva

Eva · Married on 09/20/2014

Top notch customer service! My husband bought my engagement ring and our wedding bands here. Linda was a pleasure to work with! I loved the wedding band she helped us pick out and was able to customize the band so that it would match beautifully with my engagement ring. I love it!!

My husband chose a Tungsten type band and the size that was ordered was slightly too big when he tried it on. Linda and Continental Diamond went above and beyond to get the right size verified and ordered for him without much hassle. They are always prompt and professional.

Love the warm cookies every time we stop in. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Continental Diamond's reply:

Wow, what a lovely review, thank you for taking the time to review us! Congrats on the wedding, so glad to know your experience with us was top notch.

Congrats again!

Laleh · Married on 06/21/2014

If you don't want a big chain store, but you want a nice selection and high quality experience - look no further: Continental Diamond! I was so pleased with my experience with them, and I love that they are family owned. Even after so many years in business, they seem to continue to deliver the same high quality they established themselves on. Love it!

Sent on 08/06/2014
  • W

Emily · Married on 12/31/2013

We had a great time shopping for our wedding rings at Continental. It was comfortable, no pressure, and within our price range. The rings we have are rings we will cherish for a lifetime. I would definitely recommend visiting Continental for wedding rings!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Caroline · Married on 08/10/2013

I got my engagement ring and our bands from Continental. We have nothing but positive things to say about our experience.

Olivia was our sales consultant. She was so kind and truly took time with us to go through all selections. When we asked questions she thoroughly explained everything we would need to know.

After getting my engagement ring they quickly provided a written out appraisal so I could get it to my insurance company. With that Olivia also included a sweet note saying how she was so excited for our upcoming wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Amy · Married on 08/10/2013

AMAZING STAFF!!!! Great quality and they were able to find me a ring that was unique, exquisite and affordable. I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2013

Continental was wonderful! We worked with Roz and she was fantastic. She never made us feel pressured, she was very informative and helpful, and we are absolutely thrilled with the rings (we bought both of mine at the same time)! Roz found us an absolutely stunning diamond for a price that we didnt think would be possible. I am returning to Continental for all of my future jewelry needs.

Sent on 06/30/2012

I had my shadow wedding band made and bought my fiance's band here. They make and have high quality products, but at a steep price. But for something that'll last a lifetime, it's worth it. They even gave us a bottle of wine when we picked up our rings.

Sent on 12/14/2012