Connor Hochbein Photography Reviews

Connor Hochbein Photography 3
Connor Hochbein Photography 4
Connor Hochbein Photography 5

jill · Married on 07/28/2018

Connor is amazing! He was so wonderful to work with and didn’t miss an opportunity for a shot. He was fun, calm and very professional. He has a good eye and is able to create beautiful photos in every setting. As MOB I loved his approach with my daughter and son in law. They were all smiles working with him. He was efficient and made the very best of their time. Beautiful photos to treasure forever! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/21/2018

Estie · Married on 07/21/2018

I was getting married in the Pittsburgh area, but I live in Kentucky. Connor was so easy to work with through text and email. His packages include an engagement shoot, but we were only going to be in town one weekend before the wedding. He was able to fit us in and accommodate our schedule. Also, he does a great job keeping the shoots moving, which was essential for my husband. While my husband is an attractive man with a great smile, he's totally Chandler and cannot smile on command for photographs. Connor kept things light and natural and got some great photos while making us both very comfortable. On the day of the wedding, he got excellent shots all day long. He's fun to have around, too! I highly recommend getting his full-day package so that your whole day is fun and relaxed.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Jonathan

Jonathan · Married on 06/10/2018

From the very beginning of working with Connor, he exuded professionalism and charm. During the months leading up to our wedding, he really made the effort to get to know us and what we were looking for in a wedding photographer. Connor knows hundreds of great spots to take photos in Pittsburgh, and picked just the right ones that fit our personalities. Connor’s own personality is very easy going, yet energetic and outgoing - and that energy definitely comes in handy when he is taking creative and exciting shots all day! Our families really loved working with him on our wedding day, remarking that he made them so comfortable, particularly if they may have felt shy in front of the camera.

We were Connor’s first male-male couple, and understand he has since worked with female-female couples. At no time were we ever the least bit uncomfortable sharing our love with his camera lens. Highly recommended for LGBT couples.

Importantly, his photos turned out magnificently, and we have received countless compliments on our photos! The portfolio of photos he gave us was prompt, vast, and uniformly high-quality. We loved that he took a variety of photos, from artsy Instagram-ready photos, to goofy and fun photos, to intimate and in-the-moment photos of us and our guests during the ceremony and reception.

We have already referred Connor to friends and family for their own celebrations, and highly recommend that you consider Connor for yours.

Connor Hochbein Photography 6
    Connor Hochbein Photography 7
    Connor Hochbein Photography 8
    Connor Hochbein Photography 9
    Sent on 09/14/2018

Kayleigh · Married on 06/09/2018

Amazing Videographer

Connor came recommended to us and we could not be happier with our decision to work with him! He is so talented and a pleasure to be around. Our video has great picture quality and captured the feel of our wedding. You will not regret the decision to have video!!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Briana · Married on 06/02/2018

Connor was great! We booked Connor for the full day, and he was super accommodating! We were all over the place geographically that day and Connor drove to each place to capture moments with no problem at all. I really appreciated that he was able to do that for us. He made sure that he drove to the venue before anyone had messed it up to get pictures and then drove all the way back to the ceremony. He also made sure he was first to arrive at every spot making it stress free for myself. I love that we were able to use him to whole day and not have to worry about a certain amount of hours. I had people coming up to me saying that they loved my photographer throughout the reception! He fit right in with everyone like he was a guest, allowing for some great shots. At one point at the end of the night he told me that he was leaving, but then a half our later I looked over and saw that he was still there because he did not want to leave any moments or people asking for pictures out. His laid back approach allowed me to be myself, which created for some great raw captures. The final product was exceeded my expectations greatly. I could not believe how many candid shots got captured. I got so many compliments on them! I would definitely use Connor's services again and recommend him to anyone who is looking for an all around great photographer for their wedding.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Aly · Married on 05/26/2018

Conner was the most fun and energetic photographer to work with. He went over and beyond to make our day special. Because of him I didn’t have a worry that day when it came to the pictures.. he knew exactly what to capture. His personality shines and you can tell he loves what he does.. it certainly shows in his work. We haven’t stopped looking at our pictures since we got them and we have had so many compliments. We are so lucky we found him and wouldn’t have wanted anyone else for our day.

Connor Hochbein Photography 10
    Connor Hochbein Photography 11
    Connor Hochbein Photography 12
    Sent on 08/02/2018

Maura · Married on 04/14/2018

Connor captured our day better than we ever hoped for. The moments he was able to put on film will be cherished forever. I really liked how he only provided minimal direction for me so I always felt like myself in the shots. In short if you want a stress free and relaxing experience on your wedding day, Connor is the one to hire. You’ll get the best video you could have ever imagined.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Alexandra Alforov · Married on 01/12/2018

Outstanding

Connor was beyond professional prior to, during, and after our wedding. He captured ALL of our special moments and transformed them into the most beautiful photographs. Connor was extremely personable, funny, and wonderful with the kids. We couldn’t possibly be happier with our decision to have him as our photographer and would highly recommend him to EVERYONE!

Connor Hochbein Photography 13
    Connor Hochbein Photography 22
    Sent on 02/16/2019
  • Jesse

Jesse · Married on 12/30/2017

We can't say enough about Connor's level of artistic ability. His ability to imagine interesting and unique shots was incredible. We felt more than comfortable the entire time, and even had him to give us some pointers while we were cutting our cake! The stunning images he captured will be on display for the rest of our lives. Our day would not have been nearly as special without him as our photographer. Thank you for everything, Connor! We would recommend him to anyone and everyone getting married in the Greater Pittsburgh area!!

Sent on 01/22/2018

megan · Married on 11/18/2017

Thee most amazing experience. One thing you do not want to worry about on your wedding day is if all the pictures you've imagined for years will be perfect. Connor not only made ours perfect, but he had so many creative ideas for them that we were blown away. Our engagement session was amazing and allowed us to get to know him for the genuine soul he is. Shane and I became friends with him and he was like having a guest at our wedding more than a stranger with a camera. He went above and beyond by coming up early to take video and detail shots. Started the day at 9 am and didn't leave till 11pm. Every shot was perfect and thought out. He truly cares about his clients and I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

Connor Hochbein Photography 23
    Connor Hochbein Photography 24
    Connor Hochbein Photography 25
    Connor Hochbein Photography 26
    Sent on 03/08/2018

Kelly · Married on 11/03/2017

A phrase I find myself saying to everyone about our wedding photographer, Connor Hochbein, is: "He is THE BEST!"

Connor really listened to our concerns about not doing cookie-cutter posed wedding pics, as we both hate having our pics taken & are admittedly quite awkward in front of the camera. He made us both feel totally at ease and also got some really beautiful photos of us (that I didn't think was possible)!

He has an amazing, fun, outgoing personality that is equals parts endearing while being extremely professional. All of our guests are still telling us how much they loved his energy & enthusiasm!

He was so immediately responsive, from my first moment of contact, throughout the pre-wedding process - we live out of town & he really worked with our infrequent visits in order to meet in person. He has been amazing about checking in after the wedding with updates, too!

Connor had an immensely quick turnaround - two months in our case! And, even though our wedding was in early November, he was kind enough to send us a couple of options for our holiday cards in early December. Every one of our recipients (nearly 100!) called or texted to comment on our delightful 'holiday' photo.

We just looked through the whole of our photos for the first time today & are completely in love! It seems such an impossible task to find someone who has a genuinely lovely personality with a talent to match, and we're grateful to have found that in Connor.

We feel like we really hit the jackpot with Connor & wish him a world of success; we HIGHLY recommend him!

If none of the above has convinced you, I would suggest following Connor on Instagram (@connorhoch) & let his photos speak for themselves! I find myself really looking forward to seeing his work in my feed. His photos are - and, well, he is - totally magical! :)

Sent on 01/14/2018

Emily · Married on 10/20/2017

Connor was exactly for what we were looking in a wedding photographer! He is a talented young photographer with the photography skills as well as the personality to go with it. We loved him as did our guests! Highly recommended!

Connor Hochbein Photography 27
    Sent on 12/27/2017

Julie · Married on 09/02/2017

Connor is the best! He’s young and fun so we had blast with him! He really likes to get to know and understands the couples he works with to really capture who they really are on their big day. He was super flexible, ready for anything, and had some great suggestions which I really appreciated because I was SUPER laidback and my husband and I really like having a good time no matter what we’re doing. Connor was very professional and helpful the whole day. The pictures are beautiful and I couldn’t be happier!

Connor Hochbein Photography 28
    Connor Hochbein Photography 29
    Connor Hochbein Photography 30
    Connor Hochbein Photography 31
    Sent on 11/21/2017

Michael · Married on 08/11/2017

Phenomenal to Work with and Incredibly Talented!!!

We booked Connor to photograph and video our Pittsburgh wedding in August, 2017. From our first inquiry through providing the final product, Connor was very responsive, professional, and flexible with our requests. He made it clear from the beginning that his goal was to capture our day in the best possible way. Connor came to our house on multiple occasions to review Pinterest boards, discuss timing and locations, and share his thoughts on what would make our album great.

On our wedding day, Connor and his team arrived early to make sure they didn't miss a moment. From getting ready, to the ceremony, to late night at the reception, everything was captured. Timetables can be very tight during a wedding, and he had a great way of keeping everybody on track while still setting a fun tone with the guests. We really appreciated how he took charge because without Connor orchestrating things, we never would have captured all of the moments we had discussed. We had a great time working with him, and are so glad that we chose him to document our big day.

Shortly after the wedding, Connor provided a handful of highlights which was great as we used these for our thank you cards. The turnaround on the final product very quick, and we were blown away by how great everything came out. He provided a highlight video set to music (impossible to get through without tears), along with all of the raw footage and over 1,000 incredible pictures. The quality of the pictures shows just how talented Connor is.

Do yourself a favor and reach out to Connor if you are looking for the best wedding photographer in town!

Connor Hochbein Photography 32
    Connor Hochbein Photography 33
    Connor Hochbein Photography 34
    Sent on 10/18/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2017

Connor was great! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Erin · Married on 05/27/2017

I apologize in advance for the long review but if you're considering Connor at all please read the whole thing because I promise it will be one of the best decisions you've ever made! I feel 1000% confident recommending Connor for literally any type of occasion (formal, casual, etc.) because we really put him through the ringer with my wedding! Our ceremony was at Heinz Chapel, which as many Pittsburgh brides know, is notorious for their incredibly strict time limits. I told Connor beforehand that there were a bunch of different photos we really wanted in the chapel, but also that we would have basically like 5 minutes to get all of them after the ceremony before the coordinators would kick us out. The Heinz Chapel coordinators were aggressive (and pretty rude tbh) to us, but Connor never let it get to him and somehow MIRACULOUSLY got my huge family together and got all the pictures my husband and I asked for with time to spare!
    We had a kind of unique situation in that we had a 5 hour break between our ceremony and reception and we told Connor that we knew we wanted to take pictures during the break, but didn't really have a preference as to where. Well, he went so far above and beyond the call of duty and actually scoped out the Children's Museum and somehow convinced them to let my husband and I in to get some truly amazing photos (usually they don't just let people in like that)! We didn't really have a full plan for photos going into the day and Connor was so flexible and talented and helped us to get exactly what we wanted.
    Connor was also just a complete joy to be around for the entire day. He had over a 12 hour day with us but he never missed a beat and had so much energy he literally all our guests raving about him! He dealt with the stressful, formal setting at Heinz Chapel just as well as he dealt with our large group of tipsy 20 somethings having a dance party on our party bus! His photos were out of this world and we all had such a blast with him!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Bethany · Married on 04/29/2017

Connor was great to work with. He made our day easy and low stress. The pictures turned out beautiful! I would highly recommend using him..

Sent on 06/05/2017

John · Married on 12/17/2016

Connor was absolutely wonderful!!! Not only were the pictures awesome but he was soooo fun to work with. This was such a bonus. We knew after meeting him the pictures were gonna look great and he was easy to talk to, but we had so much fun working with him. He made it really comfortable and we felt like he was one of our long time friends by the end of the day. To top it off, we got our pictures back way quicker than we anticipated. We heard of friends waiting 6 months and we only to wait weeks. Definitely take time to call Connor and go meet with him. You won't regret it!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Teresa · Married on 10/29/2016

Connor was everything we could have asked for and more! He was professional but also so much fun. He got all the spontaneous and candid shots that really make our pictures stand out. Both Connor and his assistant were a joy to work with.

chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

Connor had just the style and personality we were looking for in a photographer and his pricing was extremely reasonable. Connor was so easy to work with and was genuinely interested in getting to know us as clients. He even met with us the week before the wedding to scope out shot locations. He and his assistant were so helpful during the wedding making sure everything was on track and even helped get guests on the dance floor! The pictures turned out beautifully and we've gotten so many compliments on them. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Connor was everything we needed in a photographer! He shot both our engagement and wedding photos and was willing to travel in order for us to get the exact shots we wanted. Countless wedding guests of ours have made a point to approach me about how professional he was, the quality of our pictures, and how well he meshed/made them feel comfortable. I would absolutely recommend using him!

Ashley · Married on 07/02/2016

I heard of Connor from a friend. After looking at his portfolio on his website, I decided to contact him for prices and to see if he had our wedding date available. Turned out that he was cheaper then the local photographers around our venue area and his work looked a ton better, also. I was thrilled! I showed his pictures to my fiance at the time and we both fell in love! After booking Connor, we kept in touch for the whole year after looking over ideas of what I liked, finding places around the venue for the best pictures, and just to chat. He is so easy to get along with, it was as if I had known him for years. There wasn't one doubt in my mind that he wasn't going to be perfect for our wedding! Come the big day, he met with both of us separately to take pictures getting ready and helped calm down some of our pre-wedding jitters. Again, it was like talking to a long time best friend. From the ceremony to the reception, everything was a dream. I didn't have to think at all about where he was or if he was going to miss anything. He is a literal God send to a worrisome bride. During the reception, he mixed in so well with our family and friends! It was absolutely perfect! We met up after the wedding for Thai food in Pittsburgh to look over our pictures with him, and I could not have been happier! Connor is a real treat and I have referred him to anyone I know looking for any type of photographer. If you are getting married and worry about having a photographer that is going to take the best pictures, don't worry... just hire Connor. :) If I could give him more then a 5/5 rating I would. By far, the absolute best decision I made for our wedding was hiring him.

Sent on 02/16/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

I came across Connor on WeddingWire when I needed emergency engagement pics done fast after a series of frustrating events with another photographer. Connor got back to me right away and we booked our shoot for that same weekend. After seeing our engagement pics, we backed out of the contract with our first photographer and booked Connor to capture our wedding day too because we loved him and his work so much!

His personality was so much fun to work with and he's clearly passionate about every shot he takes-- there are many karate kicks and punches after taking a picture he's really stocked about! The quality of the pictures are amazing and now I have the dilemma of having too many favorites to choose from. I would recommend Connor to anyone I come across!

Connor Hochbein Photography 35
    Connor Hochbein Photography 40
    Sent on 12/08/2017

Colby Wilk · Married on 05/15/2019

Easy-going, Great service

Connor was exceptional throughout our whole time together. From the first time we contacted him to the actual wedding day, he was so easy-going, fun, and professional. I don’t think we could have chose a better videographer for our special day! We weren’t the only ones who loved him though — our wedding party thought he was awesome too! He made the whole process so easy and that is key for a stressed out bride. Connor’s equipment he used made for a perfect wedding video that we will cherish forever. He has a true talent and we are so thankful for him!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Caley · Married on 10/08/2016

Connor and his assistants were awesome to work with. They were there for me from beginning to end, and never missed a moment on my wedding day. I was married in October, and four months later I still receive feedback about what an awesome photographer Connor was based on his personality and ability to make all the guests relax and become photogenic. Connor has a very creative eye and comes up with the best shot in the blink of an eye. All of my guests and myself were very impressed with the work Connor did, and I highly recommend him to help you capture your best moments on your special day.