Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts Reviews

Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 5
Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 6
Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 7

Sara · Married on 06/16/2018

I had a difficult time finding a florist who was able to give me exactly what I wanted for my wedding. I went to one florist who told me I simply could not have blue flowers because they don't exist. I knew it was a perfect fit when I met with Melanie from Connells' Maple Lee. Melanie spent hours with me putting together centerpieces and bouquets so that I could see my vision come to life. Throughout the process the communication was outstanding. On my wedding day, I was left speechless when I saw the bouquets and centerpieces. My expectations were completely exceeded and I was able to have the flowers of my dreams for my wedding day. Connell's was much more affordable than other vendors in the area and the quality can not be beat. I would 100% recommend them!!

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 8
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 9
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 10

Jodi · Married on 03/10/2018

Jill made my wedding so beautiful! I'm so happy with the flowers I had. She was so helpful and so patient during the countless long meetings and drop-ins with her. I had no idea what I wanted, I just knew I wanted certain colors and the flowers she picked for me were so perfect! Thank you so much for making my wedding unbelievable! She is the best, I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/25/2018
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 11
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 12
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 13

Miranda · Married on 12/15/2017

Jill is absolutely AMAZING! Jill is an expert at what she does and she makes sure her brides get exactly what they envision for their wedding day! We met with Jill periodically throughout our planning experience! She even wanted us to come in the night before our wedding to see all of our floral arrangements to make sure they were exactly what we wanted! Jill even gave special attention to all of our small little details as well! All of our floral arrangements were absolutely perfect and I can't possibly thank Jill enough for making our wedding ceremony and reception look more perfect than I envisioned!

Sent on 02/24/2018
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 20
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 21
    Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts 22

dawn · Married on 08/05/2017

Connells Maple Lee flowers were amazing! We worked with Jill for my daughter's wedding and knew we were in good hands from the moment I spoke to her on the phone. Both my daughter and I are not from Columbus and Jill was very flexible in talking to us over the phone/via email and meeting over a weekend when my daughter was in town. We sent a picture of the floral wedding invitation and asked to match it. She did a great job providing creative and unique bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres. She did some research and sent names of what would be in season to look like the graphics.

They also decorated Franklin Park Bride's garden space for us with greens. Jill was very flexible in scheduling as she coordinated with the venue, bakery, and photographer. They arrived early for set up and returned at the end of the evening to pick everything up and transport to the hotel where we had Brunch the next morning. Guests and the other wedding professionals all commented on how lovely the flowers were and the photos really capture the beauty.

I researched florists and was looking for something colorful in their photos (not all white or all roses). I called four florists including another florist, a farm, and a "wedding stylist". I chose CML because I had immediate confidence in Jill. And as a bonus, the price was very reasonable. Also, the farm never responded to my emails or calls. The wedding floral stylist place was a joke, their prices would have been twice what we paid and they would only talk to out of towners on Tuesday night booked two weeks in advance.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Connells Maple Lee Flowers and Gifts's reply:

Hi Dawn,

Thank you so much, for this great 5-star review! We are so thrilled you loved all of your flowers and had a great experience with Jill. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! Congrats again and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Have a wonderful day!
  • User6617198 · 1+ year ago

I was worried a "chain" florist wouldn't offer the best deal, but I am so happy with the cost of our flowers. We didn't need a lot of flowers beyond the bouquets but what we did need, Connells surpassed expectations and accommodated all our needs.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2016

We worked with Jill Elmore out of the Grove City location. She was great, along with anyone who helped her! The flowers looked amazing on the big day! We had specific times the flowers needed to be delivered to at the church and reception location; they were there on time to both. I will definitely recommend them to friends and family. Also, they were very reasonably priced considering we could've completed a DIY with another vendor at a more expensive price. We were extremely happy!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Somer · Married on 09/05/2015

Jill and her team did an amazing job with all of the flowers for my wedding - bouquets, corsages, and bouts, centerpieces, memorial arrangements, and ceremony arrangements. We had two meetings to discuss and finalize details. My mom and I were able to peek in on the day before and look at what was ready and I immediately relaxed as everything was gorgeous. She executed my vision perfectly - red and yellow, mostly roses, with tasteful greenery. The flowers were all amazing!! We had arrangements all over our house for over 2 weeks after the wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2015

We would like to thank Jill at the grove city location! She was the one who did our wedding bouquets and they were beyond what I expected! I showed her a picture of a couple arrangements I liked, and she made them even prettier than the picture! She was so nice, and easy to work with! I absolutely recommend them! She was right on time with delivering them to the venue, and had them already set up for me! Thank you Jill for everything! Sarah & Patrick

Sent on 06/05/2015

I used Connells Maple Lee for my wedding on 5/30/15. I originally chose to use Maple Lee because of its proximity to me, and I also checked reviews which spoke very highly of the staff. My mom and I had the most wonderful time meeting with Jill, who is incredibly knowledgeable about flowers (varieties, colors, seasonal availability) and arrangements. She had some wonderful suggestions to take my ideas to the next level. Included in the price is your consultation, any needed additional meetings, your flowers, and complete set up by the Connells Maple Lee staff. It was so nice to not worry about any of that and just arrive to a beautifully flowered ceremony and reception site. Jill even did bows for the pews at the church we were married in. I would highly recommend using this company. Thank you Jill for the unforgettable wedding flowers!

Sent on 06/19/2015

I used Connell's Maplelee for my wedding! I worked with Jill she was awesome! She knew exactly what kind of flowers would work well together! She is very good at what she does! She makes sure she listens to what you want and takes very good notes! I had no doubt that my flowers were going to be beautiful! When I saw them all on my wedding day they were much prettier than I had ever imagined!! I would definitely recommend Connell's for you flowers for any occasion!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

I am so happy that I choose Connells flowers for my wedding. They truly went above and beyond. I could not have been happier. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and very reasonably priced. words can not express how happy I was with their service. I walked into the church and just smile at how wonderful it looked -it was a dream come true.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/03/2013

Flowers were perfect!! From the minute I walked in the store I knew my flowers would turn out perfect! Everyone was so sweet and laid back! Would recommend them to anyone!!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2013

I had my wedding back in my hometown so traveling to meet with a florist did not seem possible. I worked with Connells Maple Lee's Jill to get my dream bouquet in the process via email. I was amazed how flexible she was working with me. I was able to send her pictures and ideas and we came up with the best combination of flowers and price. I was shocked at how willing Jill was to work with through email. The flowers were delivered to the venue before the bridesmaids arrived. The flowers for the cake were placed on the cake table and all of the bridesmaids bouquets were nicely arranged for them to grab and go for photos. My bouquet was stunning (pink star gazer lilies) and everyone raved about how gorgeous they were. I will use them in the future and would recommend them to any bride who wants perfection!

Sent on 07/19/2013

beautiful flowers and arrived on time! will recommend to everyone!

Sent on 01/15/2013
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 03/03/2012

I LOVED MY BOUQUET! They were great to work with and so nice! Always keeping me up to date.

Sent on 03/15/2012

Anita · Married on 03/03/2012

Great florist to work with. They were very flexible (even up to a ribbon color change the day before) with no trouble. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 03/27/2012

Jackie · Married on 08/20/2011

Jill Elmore at Connell's Maple Lee is both gifted and knows how to work with a bride without trying to force their ideas. We went to 10 different "big" name florists in Columbus from Polaris to Grove City and were completely surprised with the lack of professionalism and customer service that we met with at almost every turn. I don't know anything about flowers. I did some research using our colors and the season to determine what flowers to use in the different designs. Each florist attempted to push me away from my original direction into what they thought would look better, was more expensive or just never returned my call after our meeting. Jill embraced my ideas and at the same time made suggestions keeping to the same type of flower and in most cases helping me to stay on budget by showing me options in different price ranges. I never knew what to expect when I went to look at my flower arrangements. I know I had a basic idea and knew what the flowers looked like independently. What Jill created for me was far beyond my expectations. My bouquet was gorgeous and the colors were so well blended it surpassed anything I had dreamed. My bridesmaid bouquets were perfect and complimented the dress so well by adding a splash of color. Again, beyond my expectations. The groomsmen wore boutes that were elegant and masculine. The centerpieces were the most amazing part. We asked for sliced lemons and oranges in long cylinder vases with snapdragons coming out from the top alternating yellow and orange (our colors). Then we had them mixed with submerged orchids with floating candles. Each table had a different arrangement with these themes. It turned out amazing. We were so happy and everyone complimented us on coming up with centerpieces that were as fun as they were elegant. I can't thank Jill enough for her patience and creativity and customer service. If you are looking for a florist who will make you feel like a person and not just another job, who will capture your visions better than you imagined, and will provide you with customer service and real prices based on your budget, call Jill at Connell's Maple Lee and see what she has to offer.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 06/12/2010

I could not have been more pleased with my flowers. My bridesmaids flowers and the flowers we used on the altar all looked amazing. My bouquet was exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend using Connells Maple Lee. They were "middle of the road" as far as cost goes and the service and quality were fantastic.

Sent on 07/29/2010
  • O

Susan · Married on 03/21/2010

Jill did a wonderful job interpreting what I had envisioned for our ceremony! Although she didn't make my bouquet, as I carried a bouquet of swarovski crystals and pearls, she completed by ceremony by complimenting my bouquet with everything that my fiance' had requested..and without seeing ANY photo suggestions!

Sent on 04/05/2010
  • alscott

allison · Married on 05/08/2009

We dealt with the Worthington branch and we were very impressed. I had a beach themed wedding and the men wore sand dollar boutonnieres. They were gorgeous. We also had an arch for the ceremony and everything was decorated so nice. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/30/2009

Katharine · Married on 09/29/2007

Molly at Connell's made choosing flowers a piece of cake! The sky was certainly the limit when it came to selection. She had a lot of pictures of previous weddings to reference during the selection process. One week before the wedding, we decided to go with a different color rose and it was no problem. Originally, my aunt was going to do my flowers to cut down on costs, but Connells was so affordable that it just made sense to go with them since it was the most convenient option. The flowers were absolutely beautiful, delivered to the church the day of the wedding. Molly didn't try to pressure us into anything outside our budget. She actually said that we probably didn't need to get flowers for the cathedral since it is so ornate on its own; we did end up getting flowers and Molly's suggestion looked perfect on the wedding day. I had a lot of bridesmaids and was very worried about the price per bouquet, but in the end it was very affordable, a fun experience, and the end result absolutely gorgeous!!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Kishona · Married on 05/24/2008

The Grove City branch of Connell's Maple Lee did an amazing job on our flowers. They were beyond beautiful. The floral theme was centered around hydrangeas, which are a rather delicate, high-maintenance flower, but our consultant, Jill, did an excellent job making sure they were fresh and perfect, instructing us on how to keep them that way all day. The bunches we used for the cake were so perfect, many guests were surprised that they were real. Everything from the initial consultation, the day before check-in, the delivery, and the set-up was flawless. Jill was a joy to work with, and she helped make our wedding day absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 01/23/2009

Emily · Married on 05/16/2015

I used the Connells Maple Lee in Powell, OH for my wedding. I didn't have too many flowers. We didn't do centerpieces or aisle decorations or anything. We just had bouquets and boutonnieres for the bridal party, a tossing bouquet, petals for the flower girls, and corsages and more boutonnieres for other members of our family. Melanie, the girl I worked with, was absolutely fantastic through the entire process. She was easy to work with, quick to respond to emails, and was even able to make some last minute additions for me. The flowers (we had carnations and roses) were stunning and lasted the entire night. I was super (and pleasantly) surprised that they delivered all the bouquets in vases! It was so perfect and we were able to add them to the head table for extra decoration. Now I have these beautiful vases for my home! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Laura · Married on 07/30/2011

I worked with Jill at the Grove City Connell's Maple Lee for my wedding flowers. I was very happy with them and would recommend them to any bride. Also, their prices were very reasonable. When I first started looking at wedding flowers I was shocked at how much they cost! I thought I would definitely be able to find less expensive ones, so I searched high and low and even went to Kroger and Giant Eagle to see how much it would cost to have a florist do it there- honestly it wasn't much less and they don't deliver. Not to mention the fact that they don't do wedding flowers for a living so who knows how they would have turned out.

For only about $100 more than I would have spent at Kroger, I decided to go with Connell's and I am so happy I did. The bouquets and boutonnieres were perfect! I gave Jill two pieces of ribbon that were my wedding colors at my consultation and she matched them almost exactly. Plus, they bring all of their bouquets in vases which keeps them nice and fresh and you can use the vases to put the bouqets in on your head table at your wedding reception. So they double as decorations too!

I would recommend Connell's to any bride. For everything you get, it is a great value and they do a really nice job!

Sent on 08/10/2011