Confections of a Cake Reviews

19 | Church Road, VA

19 Reviews for Confections of a Cake

Monshaye Napier · Married on 03/14/2020

Best Cake Ever!

We absolutely loved our wedding cake!! Not to mention the cupcakes! Each flavor was beautifully delicious. We chose amaretto almond, marbled cake, and cookies n’ cream for our wedding cake. For our cupcakes we chose brown butter and chocolate. Our cake was gone before we knew it! Guest raved about it! Luckily we both had a slice beforehand. Ann made our tasting experience fun and stress free. She was our first cake tasting and afterwards we did not see anyone else. Thanks Ann ! You will be hearing from us soon!

Sent on 03/28/2020

Timothy Ferrell · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing Service

The service was amazing and the cake was delicious.

Sent on 11/18/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/26/2019

Easy to work with! Beautiful cake!

Working with Ann from Confections of a Cake was great! She was very responsive over email and professional. In the weeks/days leading up the wedding she was very organized and worked out the final details for delivery with my venue contact with my needing to be involved. Our funfetti cake for our fall (October 2019) wedding was absolutely beautiful and the placement of the flowers on the cake was gorgeous! Reasonably priced as well!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Caitlin. We wish you and Alex the best of happiness, kindness, and love for the rest of your lives together. Congratulations!
    Ann & Norma
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2019

Couldn’t have asked for a better cake!

Our cake turned out just like imagined! Only thing is I wish I could’ve seen Anne on my day to give her a big thank you and a hug! The flavor of all three layers was immaculate as I knew it would be. Everyone loved the cake and it was so beautiful!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay! We really enjoyed making your cake for you and Brian. Enjoy your time in Oak Island.
    Can't wait to see you both in a year for more cake! (we'll come up to Fredericksburg)

Katie Dunigan · Married on 06/01/2019

Perfect experience! Went above and beyond and was so beautiful and the taste was amazing!

We met Ann at a convention but it was though she found us! She was perfect! She came to our home without payment or expectations. We tasted everything and truly loved them all we couldn’t make a decision! We knew almost immediately that she was perfect! She did our grooms cake as an Xbox controller with “game over”- it was exactly what we wanted and really made the night of the Rehearsal- it tasted 💯!!
    Our wedding cake was beautiful! I handed her the flowers (she met us !!) and we didn’t have enough. She said she knew what to do and pulled it off!
    There really aren’t words to express my gratitude! Thank you for providing such excellent service!
    -Katie and Mike Dunigan

Sent on 10/08/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you Katie! It was such an honor to be included in your Wedding Day! Such an amazing couple. We can't wait to see you in a year for more CAKE.
  • Beth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best! Wedding Cake & Cupcakes

In Brief:
    I used Confections of a Cake for my wedding, and I cannot recommend Ann and her team enough! Ann is truly a master of her craft and working with her was an absolute pleasure.

The Complete Experience:
    At the insistence of one of my friends, I attended the Richmond Wedding Expo. I already had my mind set on one of my favorite local bakeries; however, I found their samples to be very disappointing. After sampling all of the other dessert vendors at the expo, I stumbled on a final cake booth – Confections of a Cake. There were two flavors left – chocolate and key lime. At this point, the idea of sampling more sweets was very unappealing, but since key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts, my curiosity got the best of me. I asked my mom to split one with me which immediately led me to ask her to split the chocolate and then for us both to grab our own individual samples. Ann's cupcakes tasted like they had just been made. They were moist and balanced with rich, complex flavors. I immediately went home and told my fiancé I'd found our cake vendor.

Ann has a very extensive list of cake flavors, fillings and icings. When I reached out to her to set up a tasting, I selected a few options from her list and mentioned that we had our heart set on a couple of additional flavors/combos that were not listed. Fast forward to the tasting, Ann immediately put us at ease when we arrived to her house (complete with a separate commercial kitchen area). On top of being a true professional and an amazing baker, she is a genuinely warm and lovely person with a passion for her trade. Ann talked us through the options she offered and showed us examples of her work before starting us off on the tasting. She prepared several mini cakes with different fillings and icings, including several of the custom flavors I’d previously mentioned. All were delicious, and my fiancé and I surprised ourselves by picking out a couple of flavors that weren't on our initial list but were too good to pass up. Ann helped us determine what we wanted/needed and sent us home the rest of our samples, a promise to follow up with a quote and a sketch of the cake and advice to shop around before making a final decision.

As soon as we left, we knew that last part wouldn't be necessary. We quickly contracted with Ann to provide a 6" cutting cake with sugar flowers and 8 dozen assorted cupcakes. When we had our final call before the wedding, I felt like I was talking to a friend. I was super stressed, and talking to Ann immediately made me feel better. She let me know when she planned to arrive, assured me that she would set everything up in the very specific manner requested (I opted to provide my own platters and stands and sent Ann photos of how I wanted the cupcakes arranged), and reminded me to breath and enjoy my day.

The execution on my wedding day was flawless. Setup was exactly as requested, and the cake and cupcakes were delicious. Several guests commented on the amazing cupcakes and asked where they came from, and I saw several tables divvying them up to ensure they got to try all of the different flavors. The following day, my mom brought over our leftovers, and I invited her to have a piece of cake with me. I don't know how, but I think it was even better the next day. Following our initial slices, my mom said she thought it was the best cake she had every had, and we were reduced to eating the cake straight out of the box. All I can say is thank you, Ann! We are already looking forward to our anniversary cake.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Oh My Gosh Beth! Norma and I are sitting here with tears of joy in our eyes.
    You and Ryan were so much fun for us. You did my absolute favorite thing...flavor mixing. I LOVE mixing, not so traditional, flavors together. It makes the experience so unique for you.
    We can't wait to see you and Ryan in a year for more CAKE... and all the years updates.
    Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your Wedding Day.
    Ann, Norma, & Shannon

Debbie Stewart · Married on 05/04/2019

Delicious Wedding Cake

My daughter had a three-tier cake and 96 cupcakes. Everything was delicious and we had absolutely no leftovers. Ann has so many flavors and fillings. They were all so delicious, it was hard to choose. She captured my daughter’s dream cake at a very affordable price. Hire this vendor to make your cake- they will not disappoint .

Sent on 05/14/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you so much Debbie. It was our pleasure to work with Lindsay and Clayton. We are so glad they are a part of the Confections Weddings.
    We can't wait to see them in a year for more CAKE!

Sara Hoffman · Married on 05/04/2019

Simply amazing

Ann is incredible. She is spunky, personable, honest and her cakes are absolutely delicious! She is super easy to work with and cares about her clients. We ordered a carrot cake cutting cake and assorted cupcakes (chocolate, caramel and cookie butter). She holds her cakes to such a high standard that she makes you a cake top for your first anniversary because she refuses to allow her clients to freeze her cake and take the chance it loses its deliciousness! I would recommend just her personality and thoughtfulness alone, but her cakes are just the icing on top because they are SO INCREDIBLE.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Sara-
    Thank you so much! It was such an honor to be a part of you and Jordan's Wedding. We can't wait to see you both in a year for updates and more CAKE!

Jerry · Married on 04/20/2019

Our wedding cake

Confections of a Cake is simply on point with everything. Literally perfect is every aspect.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! You were so wonderful to work with and we look forward to seeing you in 1 year for more CAKE! Congratulations and Best Wishes for an amazing life together!

Heidi · Married on 09/22/2018

I loved how helpful and enthusiastic was working with me. She asked all the right questions and helped me a ton. Thanks Confections of a Cake, I'll definitely work with y'all again and would reccomend them 100%

Sent on 10/08/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. It looked exactly as I imagined and it was delicious.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Barbara · Married on 08/25/2018

Ann was amazing and super helpful in helping us figure out what kind of cake we should get. She even found a place to get our custom cake topper made. Everyone at the wedding loved the cake and cake pops. If I need a cake for another event, I'd definitely reach out to her again.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Alayna · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Even with a last minute switch- our cake was perfect! We got a 3 tier cake for our wedding with all different flavors. It was a HUGE hit! There was nearly none left, I’m using her services exclusively from here on out. Responsiveness is impeccable. The 3D sketch and 1 year anniversary fresh cake delivered (which means no gross old freezer cake and you can eat your top tier) sold me before any conversation or contract but since then my expectations have been exceeded in every way, *which is not an easy feat. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Kory · Married on 08/11/2018

Everyone should get a cake for you. You did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Thank you for being part of our special day. Everyone loved the cake we didnt have any left. You are the best and you know the key lime was my favorite. Thank you again.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Brittney · Married on 08/11/2018

Ann is the absolute best!!!!! While at the expo Ann not only allowed my husband to eat about 50 of her samples but each time he came to the table she received him with a welcoming smile. She came to our house for our tasting with three cakes( Italian Rum, lemon and strawberry). During our cake tasting Ann took the time to get to know us as a couple. We ordered a 4 tier 4 flavor cake ( Lemon, Vanilla, Italian Rum, and Key Lime) with 150 cupcakes. During the year of our engagement my Father- In Law passed and Ann took the time to called and emailed us to give her condolences and check on us. This meant the world to my husband that she remembered information from a brief talk during our tasting. We appreciate how she went above and beyond more then she knows.
    On our wedding day Ann delivered our cake, placed our cake topper on and left our cake looking magical. Our guest absolutely loved the flavors of the cake and thought it looked amazing. There was not one piece of cake left over at the end of the night. Although we didn't get a piece of our wedding cake the pure satisfaction of knowing that our guest truly enjoyed it was enough. Will will be ordering more cake before our one year anniversary.
    Thank You again for the amazing cake and going above and beyond with all that you do Ann!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Katisha · Married on 06/23/2018

Ann was a pleasure to work with. Not only did she travel to us for our cake tasting but she also brought 3 mini cakes for us to keep. We ordered a 4 tier cake with 4 different flavors plus 100 cupcakes. Her cakes are delicious!! Our wedding guests are still raving about how much they loved the cake and how beautiful it was! Ann has a waterfall cakestand that is absolutely beautiful! Our cake was surrounded by our cupcakes. While the cake was delicious, the presentation was really the “icing on the cake”. We loved that we didn’t have to save and freeze the top tier of our cake because Ann will makes a fresh cake of your choice for your first anniversary!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Confections of a Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! We were honored to be a part of your Wedding. Very best wishes for you and Sid.

Darrell & Latoya · Married on 02/24/2018

I can not say enough good things about Confections Of a Cake. They were very prompt with responding to my initial inquiry and very flexible with being able to schedule a tasting. They were able to sit with my family and really listen to what we wanted and bring our vision to life. While every cake provided at the tasting was delicious. We decided to go with amaretto cake with buttercream icing. It was a huge hit at our wedding. We didn’t have any cake left at the end of the night. They delivered the cake to our venue on time and made sure the topper was secure and in place before leaving. Did I mention that our cake was absolutely gorgeous? Thank You to Confections Of A Cake for adding that special touch to our wedding day. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 03/06/2018

Harley · Married on 05/06/2017

We had the best experience! Ann was such a pleasure to work with. She came to us to do cake tasting and didn't mind my sister and 3 young kids joining us. Accommodating with flavor options. Stayed in touch through out the who process. Delivered and staged the cake beautifully. Stopped by to give well wishes. The cakes were delicious!!! Can't wait for our 1 year anniversary cake!!!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Confections of a Cake's reply:

We had the BEST time doing this cake. LOVED the Harry Potter theme!
  • Nadine

Nadine · Getting married on 08/29/2020

Great tasting!

Ann was very nice and professional. The tasting went great and we absolutely cannot wait to eat our cake on the big day!

Sent on 03/03/2020