23 Reviews for confectionism

Fruit (1)
Pastries (1)
Local (1)
23 confectionism Reviews

Alison has a great approach to cake tasting which is really what made us book with her along with her amazing flavors and portfolio of designs. She personalized the tasting to our likes and dislikes of flavors and came up with new recipes based on that! We went with an apple cake and a Frangelico flavored cake with a salted caramel buttercream frosting. It was delicious and she also provides a free 1st anniversary cake so we don’t have to save the top of the cake!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison is amazing. I have multiple food allergies (soy, nuts, some fruit) that can make finding cakes and other baked goods difficult. At a recommendation from a friend, I emailed her explaining everything and asked her if she was willing and able to take me on. Her reply was so professional and her questions made it clear that she understood the challenges of food allergies/restrictions and how they can hide in unexpected places. We set up a tasting and she customized it based on our answers to a questionnaire she sent us. The cake, fillings and buttercreams were amazing! Choosing her was a no-brainer for us and our cake was delicious on our wedding day. We did 2 flavor combinations: 1.) Deep chocolate cake with duke de leche ribbon and maple bacon buttercream and 2.) Apple spiced cake with her amazing homemade 'applesauce' (it tastes like Apple pie filling) and salted caramel buttercream. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I'm ordering all my special occasion cakes from her in the future. Thank you Alison!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison was amazing she listened to our likes and dislikes and made an amazing cake. I can't wait to have more on our 1 year anniversary! Everyone said how much they loved it as well! We will use her again for any dessert needs!

Profile Picture Krystle, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison did a fantastic job on our cake and dessert bar. The cake was beautiful and tasted fantastic, she even did the tall tiers that i wanted. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture User3809649, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Fruit, Pastries, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

The cake tasting from Alison at Confectionism was outstanding! Alison found a way to incorporate all of our likes it into cake, frosting or fillings! There was bacon, beer, daiquiris, Oreo, peanut butter and so much more! I wish I thought to take pictures that day, because it was incredible! We obviously chose Confectionism to make our wedding cake.

Alison never tried to upsell and honest and very helpful. She was on time, and the cake was amazing!! We still talk about how delicious it was! It was so great, that I ordered a duplicate (smaller) cake for my husband’s birthday just 2 months later. In this case, size didn’t matter! The cake was just as beautiful and tasty as the wedding cake!

We recently celebrated our 1yr anniversary, which Alison makes you a new cake – she wants you to enjoy fresh cake for your anniversary- not a stale frozen one. We sent her a few ideas for flavors and let her work her magic. What a great decision that way!! She delivered us a beautiful Velvet Stout cake with Dulce de Leche and Midnight Ganache filling, with Irish Cream Buttercream frosting. She is just a pleasure and the food and tremendous!

I would strongly recommend you to go for a tasting – you will be blown away with her ideas, and ability to make flavors blend. Her chocolate cake is to DIE for! A family recipe! And her maple bacon frosting is just the most amazing thing! On top of cakes, there are many other goodies that she offers – go check out Confectionism!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Local

Beautiful cake and quite good. She gave many options at the tasting and was so creative. We got many positive comments from the guests at the wedding.

Profile Picture User4622177, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison, the owner of Confectionism, did an absolutely fantastic job making our wedding cake a reality. Her approach is very professional, flexible, but she also provided direction when we needed it. We had several ideas of how our cake would look and taste, and after a couple of emails and the tasting, we were so very pleased to see the final product at the wedding itself. Speaking of the tasting - wow! Alison went out of her way to coordinate a time for us to meet with both her and our caterer at our venue (Towers of Narragansett) and commuted from Massachusetts to meet us there (which meant a lot since we were driving from Connecticut). Also, Confectionsim prices are very competitive and invoices can be easily paid through PayPal. Highly, highly recommended. Cannot wait for our complementary Anniversary cake - will be a repeat of one layer of our wedding cake - Chocolate ganache, chocolate sponge, ribbons of chocolate ganache, salted caramel, and marshmallow.. mmm!

Profile Picture Karl, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison made us an absolutely stunning and delicious cake for our wedding. I must have emailed 20 bakers and she was the only one who didn't try to charge me 4x more because of the word "wedding". She was also extremely flexible in design, tasting times, flavors, etc. We were planning our wedding from Nashville and couldn't find a good time to have a tasting during a short trip home in October, so she met with us pretty late at night. Confectionism is amazing and I highly recommend! Definitely taste the amaretto cake.

Profile Picture Patty, 6/7/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am SO happy that I chose Confectionism for our wedding cake. Alison went absolutely above and beyond to create the wedding cake of my (gluten-free) dreams. Our guests commented how beautiful and delicious the cake was - and they didn't leave us a lot of cake to bring home, and they definitely did not believe me when I told them that it was gluten-free. Alison created flavors based on the foods and flavors that my fiance and I love and the product was absolutely amazing. My mother-in-law was so impressed after the tasting that she hired Alison to make a cake for my bridal shower as well.

Highly recommended - amazing attention to detail.

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the cake testing event at my home to the finished product at the wedding, Alison was amazing. She made it such a fun event with my fiance and family at our house, and the cake at the wedding was beautiful. I can't wait for my anniversary so I can actually enjoy the cake we'll be getting! Kind of nuts at the wedding!!!

Profile Picture User3791134, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The dessert made by confectionism for wedding was mouth watering and scrumptious!! On top of that, Alison has so much passion for what she does and was an absolute joy to work with! For our wedding, we had a cupcake tier with assorted desserts that served over 200 people and Alison was great at working with us to come up with a delicious menu. She was so patient with us as we changed our mind on the particular items we wanted- I don't know how many times. While we finalized our menu, she offered great suggestions and was excited to help us stay within budget. Our wedding was the third wedding I attended that had desserts made by Alison and she has done a superb job at all three. I would highly recommend going with confectionism for your next dessert party or wedding!

Profile Picture Joyce, 8/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

When it comes to your wedding cake and favors, Allison is simply the best on all fronts! She strives for a unique, personalised experience that is fit to reflect you and your groom's tastes and preferences. A service you won't get from a large bakery that churns out dozens of wedding cakes each weekend.

As a bride that was planning a wedding from an international destination, I knew I could count on Allison. Her e-mail responsiveness, attention to detail and quality of service is flawless. Everything was absolutely perfect--from the dual-flavored cake down to our cake truffle flavors. I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/4/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I found confectionism accidentally, bit it turned out to be one of the most fortuitous accidents of the year! She was SUPER helpful with suggestions and VERY agreeable to all MY ideas. Her availability with the tasting ...which she BROUGHT to OUR HOME!!!! was wonderful!!! She did a comprehensive "evaluation" prior to the tasting so she could hone in on our tastes. ALL her products tasted marvelous. I was SO thrilled with the wedding results, I ordered a graduation cake for my daughter and another for her best friend!

Profile Picture S, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Excellent job thank you we are very satisfied!

Profile Picture Norma, 10/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We opted not to have a traditional wedding cake but rather a dessert table. We wanted an assortment that all of our guests would enjoy and Alison made that happen. She sat with me, asked all the right questions and came up with a great assortment of goodies. Even though I didn't get a cake I have tasted them and they're unbelievably delicious not to mention beautiful!

Profile Picture Shelby, 9/1/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake is very wonderful. Good taste. every guest like the beautiful cake!

Profile Picture Lin, 7/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Great designs great tastes great prices and a great Baker!

Profile Picture User3400566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Alison made a wonderful custom cake for us. She is very nice and easy to work with. She listened to what we wanted and she was excited about our ideas. We really enjoyed working with her. We could not believe how beautiful the cake was when we saw it on our wedding day. It was much prettier than what we expected. And of course, her cake is absolutely delicious. Our family now uses her for birthdays and other events.

Profile Picture User3401376, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our initial cake tasting with Alison was superb. She came to our home with a variety of cake, filling, and frosting samples. After explaining our wedding theme, she learned our loves and hobbies. These, she managed to incorporate into our masterpiece cake. She included details in the cake which matched our personalities to a T.
On the day of the wedding, we only briefly saw her. Rather, the cake was in place and ready to go so we did not have to worry about it at all. With all the stresses of a wedding day, the cake became the single thing that we didn't check on.
Great job Alison!

Profile Picture Chris, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

alisson was great. She made sure we were happy throughout the process. She accomadated to our needs by hvin the tasting in our house.. to making a blue vanilla layer just to make my husband happy! Our cake was beautiful an i couldnt have seen it any other way. The only down fall was when the cake was stacked to poll stuck up a little to far an knocked the cake topper over.. however it was part of my wedding that mAde that many more memories

Profile Picture Amber, 8/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We selected Confectionism to provide our cake for our August 2011 wedding. Alison, the owner, went above and beyond to make this aspect of our event personalized and meaningful. She had a fun, creative tasting process, where she designed cake/frosting/filling combinations based on our favorite desserts. We got to taste each of them. It was such a fun experience! Alison was also above and beyond creative, flexible, friendly, and accommodating in working to make our vision a reality while still staying within our budget. The beautiful cakes (we had more than one) were something that our guests still mention to this day! If that wasn't awesome enough, Alison also baked us a cake for our one year anniversary and hand-delivered it to us! It is clear that Alison loves what she does. Confectionism is a wonderful company. I highly recommend it.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious cake, beautifully decorated and excellent service!! The price was very reasonable and the one year anniversary cake was wonderful.

Profile Picture Abby, 8/6/11, 1 Review
4.2

Alison did a beautiful job with our cake. The leaves she made of fondant actually looked real!!! Two things I very much enjoyed are = that we had a chance to taste all the flavors we requested, for cake, frosting, and filling & we got a cake on our one year anniversary delivered to our home! Her combinations are super yummy!

Profile Picture User3420443, 2+ years ago, 1 Review