Confectionate Cakes Reviews

Confectionate Cakes 7
  • Taylor

Taylor Thompson · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Recommend to me!

Being that I am a pastry chef and was forbidden to my own wedding cake i had to find someone who do my wedding cake with perfection. I firmly believe that we have. She kind, and accommodating. Within the first appointment we knew what we wanted our cake to look like. We also knew by the end of that appointment that she was the perfect one for the job!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Taylor! It was such a pleasure meeting you two and figuring out your dream cake for your wedding.
  • Donna

Donna McMillan · Married on 04/20/2019

Delicious, fun, awesome cake!

Planning my beach wedding remotely was a handful, but Laura at Confectionate Cakes made the wedding cake planning completely stress free! She happily accommodated all of our flavor requests, took care of the custom cake topper that I had shipped directly to her, and decorated the cake in a fun yet elegant beachfront theme. It was perfect! And the taste! Everyone raved about the cake. It was completely gone by the end of the night. Laura's buttercream icing is hands down the best! Pick Laura for your cake needs, and you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Confectionate Cakes 8

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Donna. It was a pleasure to do this cake for you. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it, but specially glad you and Randy were happy. I wish you two a wonderful life together.

Riley · Married on 03/23/2019

Piece of Cake!

Laura was helpful, flexible, and super fair with her pricing. She took the time to meet with me for an initial consultation and then was so kind as to bring the cake samples to my work so I could easily take them home for me and my fiance to try. This cake is truly the best I have ever tasted, my husband and I ate a little bit every night of one of the leftover layers. Seriously so rich and decadent. We can't wait to dive into our anniversary layer. Great experience, would recommend Laura to any brides I know!

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Confectionate Cakes 9
    Confectionate Cakes 10

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Riley for taking the time to do a wonderful review. It was my pleasure working with you. I wish you two all the best.
  • Kathy

Kathy · Married on 03/10/2019

Cake was everything we wanted

The cake was excellent. It was not only beautiful but was highly complimented by the guests. It was a tasty work of art.

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Confectionate Cakes 11

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Kathy. It was a pleasure. I live doing what I do, and with wonderful couples, it makes it that much better. Many blessings to you both.
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautiful... TASTY cakes!!

My husband and I chose Laura to make our cake early on in our wedding planning. She really did take the description in my head and create my dream wedding cake! When I saw it for the first time in my reception, I was in awe! My guests couldn't stop complimenting the beauty... and the TASTE!!!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Confectionate Cakes 12
    Confectionate Cakes 13

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Jackie! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Kamlesh. I wish you all the best in your lives together.

Lizzy · Married on 09/01/2018

So helpful

Not only was our cake delicious, it looked great. She was very accommodating and understanding when I needed time to decide or make changes!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Lizzy. It was a pleasure. My job is easier getting being able to work with wonderful couples. I wish you a lifetime of happiness.
  • L'Erin & Sha'Quitta

L'Erin & Sha'Quitta · Married on 07/27/2018

My wife and I came to Laura in a time of desperation! After searching for months and going to what seemed like a million cake tastings we had settled on someone who was booked and paid for. Without warning, our CONTRACTED cake person closed her cake business and we were back to square one. When we met Laura she assured us she could get our cake and cupcakes done in time, with the design we wanted and the almond flavor we had already had our hearts set on. She even offered to set up our cake table with the tulle and lights I had already purchased at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!!!! Her demeanor was pleasant her cake and cupcakes were delicious, and she was such a joy to work with! We loved our cake so much that we removed our top layer from the freezer just a week later and ate it (so much for waiting until our 1 year anniversary).

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Confectionate Cakes 14

Viveca · Married on 06/02/2018

Confectionate Cakes are the best!! Laura made my wedding cake with the fresh strawberries. All I can say is “It was Awesome”. My guests absolutely loved it!! She was on time to set up my cake and the table looked beautiful. If you need a specialty cake and want it to taste and look good, get a cake from Confectional Cakes and you won’t go wrong! Thanks Laura!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kelsey · Married on 10/14/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. Every person at the wedding raved about how good the cake was- people said it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. It was so moist and Laura is able to make you any flavors and combinations you can possibly imagine. Laura was also so helpful during the planning process - giving us anything we needed to help us during our tastings or when we changed our minds multiple times. The prices were also VERY reasonable.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much Kelsey. I love working with wonderful couples as you two. I wish you both many blessings and the best in your future together.
  • Briana

Briana · Married on 10/07/2017

We had the pleasure of having Laura make our cake for our wedding. We told her exactly what we wanted, and she customized everything to our liking. We had three different flavors. Every layer tasted terrific and moist! We would recommend Confectionate Cakes to anyone in a heartbeat! Thanks again for everything, Laura!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Confectionate Cakes 15

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much! It's always such a pleasure to get to work with a wonderful couple. Many blessings on your life adventure together. All the best, Laura

Stacie · Married on 07/01/2017

Laura's cakes are beyond delicious! Her cakes have that homemade taste we were looking for with the professional designs you'd expect from a place that has a whole team of people working on it. Our venue got warmer than it should have, but our cupcake tower and top cake withstood the heat and still tasted amazing!! Working with her was fun and easy and we would absolutely call her again for future cake needs!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Stacie. Working with great couples like yourself, makes my job more fun and enjoyable.
  • User6202418 · 2+ years ago

We just returned from our cake tasting and selection. Laura made this process a "piece of cake for us". We gave her a picture of what we wanted and she kept it right on our price point and added the baby's breath cake topper for us. Laura seems to be down to earth and is a like-able person. We are very much looking forward to our end product and believe from our experience that it will be what we have envisioned. Thank you Laura!

Sent on 01/31/2016

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Cathy! It was a true pleasure meeting with you and Chris!

Shannon · Married on 04/08/2017

OMG! Not one thing would I change about our wedding cake! Laura was exactly what I was looking for - a professional with ideas and suggestions. We taste-tested and consulted with 4 other different vendors - they all had good tasting cake, liked my ideas and said "sure, we can do anything you want" or "sure, we can make it that way". Laura was the 5th vendor (best for last unbeknownst to me!) - she took my ideas, turned them on their head and came up with the vision I had really wanted but couldn't put into words! And, she was the only one that actually took out colored pencils and paper and drew the cake of my dreams!!! I knew right then, she was the one. Now, on top of that, she had THE MOST DELICIOUS CAKE of any we tried. I mean moist and full of flavor and fresh ingredients. We had a 3 tier cake - each one different & personal to our likes - bottom was a dark chocolate cake with a mocha buttercream filling, middle was a strawberry cake with strawberry buttercream (both with fresh strawberries throughout), and top was a vanilla bean cake with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. I'll say it again - OMG!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you SO much! And thank you for allowing me to make your beautiful cake. You two were a dream to work with. I wish you many blessings in your future together.

Casee · Married on 03/04/2017

Laura was super easy to work with and makes a delicious cake! All we had to do was describe what we were looking for in a design and she had a color drawing completed in minutes! We had to add on 25 extra people about 2 weeks before the wedding and that was not a problem either! Thanks Laura!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Nicole and Robert · Married on 02/05/2017

Absolutely the BEST cake in the triangle! From our first meeting, we knew we just had to have Confectionate Cakes! Extremely easy to work with, amazing flavors, and they know what they are doing! No tasting fee, and we were able to try different combinations of flavors to get the exact flavors we wanted for our cake! We had an idea of what we wanted our cake to look like, and Laura brought it to life! The cake looked amazing and even tasted amazing! There were no slices left! People still tell us that it was the best cake they've ever had at a wedding. We can't wait to get more cakes from her for anniversaries and birthdays! Book Confectionate Cakes. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Nicole and Robert! You two were such a great couple to work with and it was truly an honor to be included in making your special day wonderful! I wish many blessings to you.
  • User3371967 · 2+ years ago

After contacting numerous bakeries in the Chapel Hill / Raleigh area, our phone conversation with Laura (owner of Confectionare Cakes) instantly made us feel she was the one we wanted to work with. Her cakes are amazing! Very moist, and the layer filling options we selected drew rave reviews from our guests. Her 'Biscoff Cookie Cream' filling in particular was a favorite of ours'. Laura was very easy to work with. At the last minute we realized our guest count was going to be around 50 more than we had expected. Laura handled this change with ease. Laura also made an incredible grooms' cake - very detailed 3 dimensional cake which included a replica of the "Old Well" on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus, along with a depiction of a particular fraternity house and the UNC logo. We very highly recommend Laura with Confectionare Cakes. Working with her was an exceptional experience.

Sent on 01/01/2017

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much! Wishing you all the best for a healthy and happy new year!

Laura makes the best cakes. She is really easy to get a hold of. I do think word is starting to get out on the street though because people are booking her over a year in advance. If you want an awesome cake both in taste and looks get the cake from Confectionate Cakes.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you! I'm truly thankful to have such wonderful brides....and grooms!

Ariel · Married on 07/08/2016

Finding Laura was such a blessing! We had tried so many cakes and felt that many of them were dry or just not good enough for our wedding day. We set up a tasting with Laura and were blown away! Everything we tried, we loved and we ended up having one cake flavor throughout our 3 tier cake, but two different kinds of fillings because we could not decide on just one! We brought picture of what we liked and Laura sketched a cake and tweeked it until it was exactly what we wanted! On the day of our wedding, it was beautiful and tasty! We could not have asked for more!

Sent on 07/22/2016

Thank you!

Rashida · Married on 05/29/2016

Laura's cupcakes were delicious! We wanted a simple cake with a little bling and cupcakes for our wedding. Laura nailed it. From the tasting where she presented us with several delicious flavors to choose from to the final product, everything was great.

Sent on 07/26/2016

Amazing to work with. Very willing to use our ideas and run with them. These were by far the best cakes and icings that we tasted!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Sally · Married on 05/28/2016

Laura made us the best cake I've ever tasted at a very reasonable price--in fact, the best price AND the best cake we found during our various cake tastings. We did 3 flavors: fresh strawberry, praline and cream cheese, and vanilla/nutella. She also made a saree out of frosting to go vertically around the cake, since we had an Indian wedding. It was beautiful and matched my own outfit's colors. You cannot be disappointed with this cake--all of our guests said the same! Thank you Laura!

Sent on 06/15/2016

OMG. One of the best wedding cakes I have ever tasted. We used Confectionate Cakes for my daughter's recent wedding in Raleigh. Laura did an amazing job. The florist left fresh flowers at the venue for her to place on the cake. It looked beautiful. And her recommendation of a cake stand was a perfect match to the decor.
    Cake flavors: choc kahlua, butter vanilla, and carrot
    Frosting: vanilla buttercream and cream cheese

Sent on 06/06/2016

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure and I'm thrilled you were happy with the cake. I really means a lot to hear.

Catherine · Married on 04/16/2016

Laura makes wonderful cakes! Not only are the delicious, they're beautiful as well. Her prices are reasonable, and her cakes are really top notch. She's willing to work with you and make sure that your cake is exactly how you imagined! She's also very good at giving ideas for cakes, especially if you're a bride like me who has no idea what you want. People are still talking about how great the cake was- we were so pleased with how everything turned out!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much, Catherine! I was truly my pleasure working with you and your family. Wishing you all the best.

Amy · Married on 11/14/2015

Laura was so great! She took our small-wedding needs into account and gave us a great deal. Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! I chose her in the first place because her cakes were the best tasting at the entire wedding show.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Confectionate Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Amy! I was a pleasure. I am truly blessed with wonderful brides like yourself. All the best, Laura