Condado Vanderbilt Hotel Reviews

Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 7
  • Dalynah

Dalynah · Married on 08/24/2019

Dream Wedding

Tatiana Espinosa and the staff at the Condado Vanderbilt really went the extra mile to make sure our wedding weekend experience was exactly how we wanted, expected and dreamed! We did our rehearsal dinner, wedding (including ceremony) and Sunday brunch all at the Condado Vanderbilt, and the service was incredible!! They treated me and my husband with so much care and attention on our wedding day and through the whole weekend. It really was my dream wedding!! Our guests were so happy with the service the entire weekend! It was PERFECT!!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Attiya

Attiya · Married on 08/14/2019

Hands down the best resort in san juan

Iris and Julio along with the entire team at the Condado Vanderbilt hotel were truly amazing! From our very first experience just touring the property and seeing all the venue spaces we knew that Iris would go above and beyond to gain our trust and loyalty. Our first tasting was absolutely amazing. Having a fusion wedding and mixing two cultures is very difficult. But Iris and the catering team did an amazing job replicating traditional Pakistani dishes and made us every item requested on our list. They did their research and perfected all recipes. Our first food tasting was the deciding factor along with the amazing customer service that we received. This hotel was amazing from start to finish. The customer service as soon as you pull up, to receiving a glass of champagne at check-in, whatever our guests needed in their rooms was accommodated and just one call away. The facilities were Breathtakingly beautiful. Every person working at this hotel had a smile on their face and greeted you with open arms. We felt like part of the Condado Vanderbilt family. Our guest count was higher than what we expected, and Iris was amazingly flexible and allowing us to change some of our spaces. Julio was also amazing and instrumental in ensuring that the layouts that we chose for each event were accommodating and inviting for us as the bride and groom but also for the guests attending. It honestly was an amazing experience start to finish. I highly recommend this hotel and this team.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Dear Attiya and Jerome
    Thank you so much for this unique opportunity to be exposed to such a cultural and special event. We will be talking about all of your Ceremonies for long time. There are co-workers asking when is the next one!
    It was such an honor and a pleasure to host your wedding here, and you both will be definitely missed!
    Please consider the Condado Vanderbilt your new home in Puerto Rico, and return anytime! We will be here waiting for you with open arms.
  • Jason

Jason Hull · Married on 08/09/2019

Beautiful venue and excellent, attentive staff

We chose the Vanderbilt for our destination wedding and couldn't be happier with how everything went. We put our trust in Tatiana to help coordinate everything and she did not disappoint. The venue and partner vendors all exceeded expectations. We also stayed at the hotel for a week and every member of the staff knew us by name, greeted us in the halls, checked in with us multiple times per day to see if we needed anything and were always available for special requests. The hotel amenities like the spa and pools were fantastic and the food at all the restaurants was delicious. A big thank you to everyone at the Vanderbilt for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 8
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 9
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 10
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 11
  • Chris

Christopher · Married on 07/08/2019

Incredible Experience!

Without question, the Condado Vanderbilt made our wedding day -- one of the most memorable days in the lives of many -- that much more memorable. Tatiana Espinosa, our wedding planner, worked directly with me through the planning process, and she was without question the consummate professional. Planning a destination wedding from 1600 miles away (my wife and I live in New York City) can make for a pretty stressful situation. With Tatiana, there was not a modicum of stress (other than self-induced, of course! :)). Tatiana not only responded to my *dozens* of emails often within minutes, she went the extra mile in so many ways to ensure that everything was perfect. By way of example, we decided to change venues on-site a little late in the process (which was due to my indecisiveness alone). While these venues were both on the hotel grounds, the spatial dimensions were different. As a result of this change, our many vendors would need to adjust their planning re: equipment and setup. Tatiana brought this my attention and offered her support to reach out to all of the vendors. This one example should serve as a microcosm of a bigger theme during our wedding: no rock went unturned with Tatiana and her team. Another example: my wife and I initially decided to hold an elopement ceremony at the Condado Vanderbilt with just the two of us. As our wedding day drew near, I sensed that my wife was having reservations about not having family or friends present for this wonderful day in our lives. Since it was too late in the process to invite most folks, I reached out to her parents, as well as mine, to see if they'd be willing and able to make the trip to Puerto Rico as a surprise. Both sets of parents agreed to attend, truly moving mountains to do as much. I let Tatiana and her team know of this change of plans as well as our hope to surprise my wife with our parents the night before our wedding. Tatiana and her team, once again, did not disappoint. Both sets of parents stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt, arriving a few days before our arrival. Tatiana helped to coordinate with me and her colleagues at the front desk to ensure that this surprise occurred without issue. More particularly, Tatiana and I planned, in advance of my wife and my arrival, to have her colleague's at the front desk call my room shortly after we arrived (I was to email Tatiana once we were settled in the room as the "green light" to have her colleague at the front desk place the call to our room phone). I would answer the phone and audibly express a vague concern so that my wife could hear. After the call, I told my wife that there was apparently a minor electrical issue in our room that required a hotel staff member to quickly make this visit to our room (there was no electrical issue, but I'm not a great liar, heh!). This reason was obscure enough that my wife seemed to buy it. A hotel staff member met both sets of parents in the lobby and escorted them to my room. Within moments, the hotel staff member reached my room and knocked on the door. I positioned myself further away from the door than my wife intentionally so it made more sense for her to answer the door. Once she opened the door, the staff member said, "Hi there, I'm visiting to assess an electrical issue in your room. But first, I have a delivery..." The hotel staff member steps aside and both sets of parent step into view, much to my wife's absolute shock and disbelief. Within seconds of the initial shock, my wife began to weep, melting into a puddle of tears that reduced us all to a similar state. It was a moment I will never forget (and, I was secretly video recording, so we will always get to look back on the moment!). Again, Tatiana didn't have to do any of this, as it wasn't directly connected with the logistics and planning of the wedding ceremony itself. My wife was thoroughly surprised on the eve of such a momentous day, which made this experience that much more joyous. It's all thanks to Tatiana, her team, and the entire staff at the Vanderbilt Condado. We held the ceremony the next day, and everything was simply perfect. Tatiana and her team oversaw all of the setup with the vendors (A/V, floral arrangements and arbor setup, officiant setup, walk-through logistics, photography and videography setup, etc.). My wife and I initially stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt for five days, four nights -- but we were so blown away by the impeccable service, kindness, and commitment to excellence in all forms that we decided to extend our stay an additional two nights. I truly could not recommend the Condado Vanderbilt, and Tatiana Espinosa, any more highly!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 12

Mildred Leonidas · Married on 05/26/2019

Destination Wedding

Fantastic and classically inspired location with breathtaking views. Wonderful service and I would highly recommend having any event here!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Dear Mildred
    Thank you so much for your kind words.
    Please consider the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel your new home in PR. So much looking forward to see back in Paradise.
    Wishing you both many years of LOVE. Iris

grace · Married on 05/17/2019

Would choose this venue again in a heartbeat

Such a beautiful venue! Our guests were blown away by the stunning ocean views, luxurious interior and professionalism of the staff. And the food! This was a destination wedding for us that was planning in about 5 months so we didnt get a chance to taste anything beforehand. But rest assured you will be blown away. We were told by our foodie guests that some of the dishes were the best they've ever tasted before and everyone left oh so satisfied and happy!
    We have to give a shout out to Jorge who was assigned to take care of us. He went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of that night. He even brought us a tray of cocktail appetizers and drinks to a quiet private room for us to enjoy in peace after our photo session before heading into the reception hall. Jorge was amazing!
    The venue was absolutely gorgeous and was very accommodating. Tatiana helped us with last minute changes and made the process of organizing a destination wedding (without a planner) so much smoother! She had great vendor recommendations. We had visited PR in November 2018 to check out venues and meeting with Tatiana in person (rather last minute) made the choice so easy. She did a great job of showing the rooms, menus and helping us picture everything out all in that first meeting! Then in May, the wedding was a success! We had a small destination wedding with only 23 guests and this was undoubtedly the perfect venue. All of our vendors knew/had worked with the venue before and had no problems at all. The room (salon azul) and East Veranda was a dream come true! We have absolutely no regrets and would choose this venue again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 03/23/2019

The Wedding of My Dreams

We selected the Condado Vanderbilt for our destination wedding as we wanted a luxury venue with beautiful ocean views in a serene environment. The Vanderbilt was everything we dreamed of and infinitely more. The attention to detail and service is impeccable. My husband and I had our own waiter assigned to us for the evening, and he spent 6 hours literally anticipating our every need - suggesting custom photo spots to our photographer for our wedding pictures, following us during the photo shoot with water, refilling our glasses and anything else we needed during the meal. Our guests were deeply impressed with the professionalism of the staff and everyone raved about the food - exquisitely presented and heavenly tasting. The room was all windows on one side with beautiful ocean views. Given the design and architecture of the building from - the luxurious pools, decks overlooking the ocean, winding staircases - the opportunities for stunning photos were endless. Plus, the location in the heart of the beautiful Condado district of San Juan makes it convenient for guests and exploring the beautiful surrounding neighborhood. My husband and I are eager to return to Puerto Rico, in large part because of the service at the Vanderbilt. Every one of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the wedding as well. We would recommend them again without hesitation.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Dear Kimberly,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Thanks for trusting in us and for giving us the opportunity of hosting such an special moment in your life. It was an honor, a pleasure working with you for the past months and making this dream come true. We are always at your service and we trust we'll see both of you soon. Many blessings and many years of love.

Warm Regards,
    Tatiana

Chuck Lee · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding Service

We had the wedding of our dreams at the Vanderbilt. Iris and her team were always in touch and easy to work with. For a destination wedding we couldn't have asked for better service or experience.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Brook · Married on 08/26/2018

Where do I begin to describe my experience at the Vanderbilt? My husband and I first chose the hotel because we found it online and it was beautiful from the pictures alone. We never actually saw it in person until we got there three days before our wedding, and it exceeded our expectations in every way!! We couldn't have asked for a better and more beautiful place to hold our destination wedding and rehearsal dinner! The hotel staff was so friendly, the wedding coordinators were so sweet and helpful through the entire year process of our planning. Ugh just perfect in so many ways, the atmosphere was great, from the restaurants to the adults only side of the pool area! It's within walking distance of the public beach, as well as so many fabulous restaurants, and just a short cab ride up to old san juan. If you are looking for a stunning place to hold a classy and memorable wedding that your guests will never forget, look absolutely no further! We loved it so much we will definitely be back for an anniversary stay so we can enjoy it again!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Dear Brook and Adam
    Thank you so much for the opportunity of hosting such a special event. It was a pleasure working with during the process.
    Please consider the Condado Vanderbilt your new home in Puerto Rico, and I can't wait to see you both again celebrating Many Years of Love.
  • User7749692 · 1+ year ago

When we decided on a destination wedding in Puerto Rico no one could have predicted the destruction of the island that hurricane Maria would cause. Even with the ongoing efforts to rebuild the island the folks at the Condado jumped in to salvage my dreams and hopes of getting married on the island. Everyone was so gracias and accommodating to not only us but our guests who all traveled to our wedding. The Condado Vanderbilt is a beautiful hotel and the entire staff are amazing!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Kyle · Married on 06/16/2018

Just held our wedding this past weekend in San Juan at the beautiful Condado Vanderbilt. From the first moment we spoke to Iris who is the lead contact for the event we were provide amazing professional service that helped us create a wedding celebration we will always remember. We utilized many of the hotel services, and the hotel provides access to excellent vendors for flowers, DJ, officiant, etc. Our guests originated from many countries and states and each were very impressed with the experience. The wedding was above and beyond our expectations.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Condado Vanderbilt Hotel's reply:

What a Memorable Wedding you had! From the decor, the selections of Food, your trendy style and mostly your wonderful family and friends...... I can't wait to see you soon, here in Paradise. You are like family to us!!

Madeline · Married on 05/27/2018

If you want to have THE BEST SERVICE at a hotel, look no further cause this is IT!! Also if you are a foodie like my husband and myself, then this is your place ;)

From the beginning to the very end, every employee was so curtious and hospitable. Iris Ortiz, our designated Condado Vanderbilt-wedding coordinator, was extremely attentive since day one. She always checked on us, including our guests, to make sure we were all having the best time at Condado Vanderbilt. If there is something I will miss about my wedding weekend is this hotel and its service. Cannot wait to come back! This is our new home ;)

Sent on 06/02/2018
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 13
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 14

Dearest Madeline and Sachin
    It has been a month since your wedding, and we all are still talking about your two gorgeous weddings! The merge of two cultures is always so fascinating!
    Wishing you all the best, and many years of LOVE!
    Looking forward to see you soon in your new home.
    Best Wishes, Iris

Christina · Married on 05/27/2018

Everyone was so accommodating and so helpful. Especially Joene and Renzo . They were always there if we needed something and were so helpful. Whenever I turned around Joene was there with whatever I needed before even asking. Everything from beginning to end was awesome! We are so glad we had our wedding at the Vanderbilt. Everyone who stayed there had an amazing experience and unanimously said they would come back and stay again! I would highly recommend the Vanderbilt for your wedding venue!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 15
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 16
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 17
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 18

Christina,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure hosting this special event. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.
    Wishing you many years of LOVE.
    Come and visit soon!

Camilla · Married on 05/17/2018

OMG, I can't thank Iris Ortiz enough! Our process was a little intense, our first pick venue was a different hotel and 5 months before our wedding we got a called from that hotel cancelling because of the damages from Hurricane Maria...we wanted to keep the same date and that's when Iris saved us, we had met her before and from the beginning she was very charismatic, gave us all the attention we needed. When we called her on December and told her about or situation she was very comforting and did everything she could (I think she did more than she could) to help us. We were beyond impressed with their service. We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and everyone was very friendly. Iris was our angel, she would reply to my email within minutes, she would answer her phone or call me back right away... she made this process look easy, made me feel so secured. My family came from Brazil and upon meeting them she spoke with them in Portuguese, a few words but it meant a lot to me. She cares a lot about their clients and she IS THE BEST!!! Thank you very much Iris Ortis and Condado Vanderbilt.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 19

Dearest Camilla and Brian
    I am touched with your words. Thank you so much for the opportunity of hosting such a Memorable Wedding. It was a pleasure and an honor to receive your families and experience the different cultures.'
    Please consider the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel your home in Puerto Rico, and stop to say hi anytime.
    Wishing you all the best and many years of LOVE.

Lisa · Married on 05/05/2018

We LOVED our wedding at the Vanderbilt. Iris (the destination wedding manager) was responsive, enthusiastic, and incredibly easy to work with. Even though our wedding was on a busy weekend, we received wonderful, personalized attention from both the wedding and butler staff. The Salon Dorado and West Veranda were gorgeous venues for our ceremony and reception and the guest rooms and suites were lovely and luxurious. We were too excited to eat the hors d'oeuvres, but heard that they were wonderful... and I can personally vouch that the dinner selections were excellent (especially the fillet!). All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better experience and are so happy that we chose the Vanderbilt!

Sent on 05/17/2018

Dearest Lisa,
    Thank you so much for such wonderful words. I was delighted to work with you, and I'll miss you a lot.
    Please consider the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel your new home in Puerto Rico. I can't wait to see you again. Wishing you Many Years of Love!!

Kat · Married on 04/29/2018

We cannot thank Iris and the whole wedding team enough for making our destination wedding a dream come true in PR! From planning our whole wedding to check in to the actual ceremony, we were treated like royalty and so were our guests. Everyone was so impressed with the professionalism and the beauty of the hotel. The outdoor west veranda is a beautiful space to get married if you are looking for a beach wedding without the mess of sand. The dinner service was amazing, some of the best food we've ever had. Our guests could not stop complimenting the food. Not to mention me and my husband were treated like family from the moment we decided to book at the Condado. If you're looking for a timeless hotel that pays attention to detail and has luxury from top to bottom, look no further! Do not hesitate to have your wedding at this location, we sure didn't! We look forward to returning very soon. Thank you Iris and the whole team at the Vanderbilt for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Andrea · Married on 04/22/2018

Destination weddings are both exciting but nerve wrecking as not being at the location in person may cause additional stress. I can say with the utmost honesty that our destination wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt was extremely smooth and flawless. The reason I can say this is due to the immense help and professionalism from Mrs. Iris Ortiz, Destination Weddings Manager. I developed a bond with her during the planning process and felt so comfortable knowing my wedding would be flawless. Every last detail was thought of and when we arrived, I felt like I was home. I 100% recommend this hotel and Mrs. Iris Ortiz for any bride looking to aleviate stress knowing it will all be taken care of and the magical day will be executed flawlessly.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Dearest Andrea
    Thank you so much for such a beautiful review.
    It was a pleasure working with you and your mother for the past year, and it was very emotional seeing you walking through the Aisle.
    Consider the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel your new home in Puerto Rico!
    Cheers, Iris

Tanisha · Married on 02/25/2018

The Condado Vanderbilt provided exceptional service!!! Their level of professionalism was beyond anything I have ever seen before. Iris, the Catering Director was an absolute joy to work with. She responded to every question I had. She was a key person in making my wedding amazing. My ceremony was beautiful and the salon my reception was held in was perfect. The food was really good. I was actually excited when I went for the food tasting because I knew my guests would enjoy the food. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. I planned to take pictures outside after the ceremony but the weather was not on my side and it started to rain. The pictures I got inside the hotel were amazing. The hotel staff was very accommodating. Anything I asked for, they got it or took care of it. My guests that stayed at the hotel loved it. The butler service was awesome!!! They helped me get my wedding cake top back home to the US. I definitely plan on going back.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Dear Tanisha
    It was such a pleasure hosting your Memorable Wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt. Please consider our Hotel your new home in Puerto Rico. I can't wait to see again in Paradise in the Future.
    Wishing you Many Years of Love!!
    Cheers, Iris

Elyssa · Married on 12/10/2017

If we could give MORE than 5 stars, we absolutely would! We had our wedding on 12/10/17, and we are still amazed by how perfect everything was! We got married on the West Veranda, with the sound of the waves crashing and a beautiful tropical breeze. After a sunset cocktail hour, our reception was inside the Salon Dorado, which as a lover of all things blue, was so perfect for us with its blue chandeliers. The hotel itself is gorgeous, and was amazing for our destination wedding. Our guests loved the pools, restaurants, and location and have all already been talking about their next visit!

More important than all of that were the wonderful people who made our dream day a reality. Iris Ortiz is phenomenal at what she does. She is so responsive, so dedicated, and you can tell it really all comes from the heart. Her mission is to create special moments and memories for couples. She is the BEST! We cannot thank her enough for all of her help throughout the process. We also had our own waiter, Jorge, for the wedding. As soon as our ceremony ended, he made sure we always had a drink in hand and something to eat! He even ran to find me flip flops when our photographer took us to the beach for a few photos. Saying he went above and beyond is still an understatement! He thought of everything! All of the staff at the Condado Vanderbilt were incredible, and our guests are still saying it's the best wedding they've been to. We're so excited to know that for years to come, we can relive our memories and enjoy a stay at our favorite hotel.

For anyone considering a wedding in Puerto Rico, we highly recommend it. It truly is a magical island and you will not find nicer people anywhere! And there is nowhere else more special for a wedding than the Condado Vanderbilt!

Sent on 01/20/2018

Dearest Elyssa,
    Thank you so much for such kind words. We are all so happy that you had a great time and it was as Memorable as you dreamed about it. Thank you so much for keeping your wedding in Puerto Rico and showing that the Island is recovering and ready for great events and memories.
    Consider the Condado Vanderbilt your home away from you, and can't wait to see you both back in Paradise soon.
    Iris Ortiz
    Destination Weddings Manager

Patrice · Married on 11/11/2017

A Couple of Forevers.....We will Forever remember our Wedding Day, and the The Condado Vanderbilt Hotel, for going Above and Beyond to make our Dream Wedding come true after Hurricane Maria. Everything was Beautiful from start to finish! All of our guest thoroughly enjoyed themselves at the wedding, their stay at the hotel, and the spa! The staff was very courteous and catered to all our needs, we couldn't have asked for more. Thank You again to everyone that played a part in our Special Day.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 27
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 28
    Condado Vanderbilt Hotel 29

Dearest Patrice
    It was such a pleasure hosting your Memorable Wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt. You will definitely be remembered for a long time. Your kindness to the Island of Puerto Rico, in such a challenging time, is admirable.
    This will be home for you from now on. I am so much looking forward to see you again! The best wishes for Many Years of LOVE!!

Maryi · Married on 07/09/2017

Iris Ortiz did an amazing job assisting with our wedding celebration and exceeded everyone's expectations. Thank you Iris!!

Sent on 07/14/2017

Dear Mayri and Mike
    I hope you are enjoying your new life together. You are such a special couple. I wish you many years of LOVE!! Come and visit anytime.

Suheily · Married on 07/02/2017

We had a beautiful wedding at the Condado Vanderbilt. The staff was amazing and the food was great! In love with their service.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Condado Vanderbilt Hotel's reply:

Dear Suheily, Thank you so much for the opportunity of hosting such a special moment in your life. I wish you many years of LOVE. I will always remember your lovely mother!

Virgen · Married on 05/20/2017

Beautiful property perfectly maintain , white glove service , very helpful and professional staff and food to die for . I recommend the Vanderbilt without reserve.

Sent on 05/26/2017

Condado Vanderbilt Hotel's reply:

Virgen (Zory). Thank you so much for opportunity to host the Memorable Wedding of your daughter Cristina. It was really a pleasure and honor for all of us.
    We wish Cristina and Chris Many Years of Love!
    Looking forward to see you soon!

Gracias!

Diane · Married on 05/07/2017

This venue was the perfect choice for our destination wedding! Iris was our coordinator, and she was perfect. She listened to our requests and made sure every detail was taken care of for us. The food was great, service was over the top for the entire weekend, they treated not only us but all of our guests like royalty. The rooms were spacious and room service multiple times a day was a nice treat. The hotel is centralized so our guests could venture to multiple area top-notch restaurants, or see sights such as old San Juan. If they didn't want to go far, the pools were a great option, or a beach area was within walking distance. I treated myself to a massage the day of the wedding, it was the perfect beginning. If you are looking for a place where you are treated like a princess, this is it!

Sent on 05/18/2017

Dear Diane and John
    It was such a pleasure hosting your Memorable Wedding.
    I was touched by so many details and so emotional Ceremony.
    Consider The Condado Vanderbilt your new home in Puerto Rico.
    Wishing you Many Years of LOVE.